Part Thirty-Nine: Myungsoo

The Words Unsaid
Part Thirty-Nine
Myungsoo
His face was fuller then before which sent relief through my mind. He was wearing one of his favorite tee shirts and a pair of dirty jeans. He looked like the same old Sungyeol but I knew he wasn’t the same. Nothing about him was the same and it hurt my heart to know that he couldn’t go back to normal. That we all couldn’t go back to the way things used to be.
“Sungyeol,” I called for him even though the words felt very different now.
He just stared at me with those brown eyes judging me with each move.
When I visited his parent’s apartment I was shock to find out that he had gone to go see a shrink. Had Sungyeol finally snapped that he needed someone to talk to? It didn’t sound like Sungyeol at all.  I was shock to find him on the streets crying about something. As I hugged him I wanted to ask a million questions but I knew better not to. It had taken me an hour to convince him to sit down and have coffee with me. We were now sitting down at a small café just ten minutes away from Dr. Woonha’s office.
What was I going to do?
How could I tell him what Dongwoo told me?
Is he going to believe me?
Would the truth hurt him more?
I took a deep breath and began the story.
“Listen I know that you don’t want to hear this or maybe you do. It would be a lot easier if you could talk but that’s beside the point. I just want to tell you that Dongwoo found a Doctor to help Sungjong and they think he can be cured,” I paused to see if Sungyeol was still listing to me. “Sungjong is under treatment right now and if things go right he will be cured within a couple of days. He will wake up!”
Sungyeol scanned my face carefully as if he was trying to see if I was lying or not.
“I’m telling you the truth Dongwoo Hyung had to walk up a mountain to find this guy. He’s a little bit of a hippy but he knows what he’s doing,” I promised him.
Sungyeol sighed as he brush his hair from his eyes.
“I’m here because I thought you should know about what is happening and maybe to see if you wanted to join,” I suggested as I scanned Sungyeol’s face for a reaction.
He let out a grunt and pushed his cup of coffee forward.
“I take that as a no,” I pointed out.
Sungyeol shook his head yes then reached by his side and pulled out a white board.
He uncap the marker then start to write on the board.
Just let it go
“I can’t,” I replied. “How can you say something like that?”
He rolled his eyes causing my anger to rise.
He’s gone just let him go in peace.
“No they said he could be cured. Why are you like this?”
Why hope for something when it’s just going to hurt you. Can’t we all just let go and start living our lives?
“Why are you like this!? You were never like this before! You’re Sungyeol the most stubborn person in the world” I retorted staring into Sungyeol’s tired eyes.
People change.
“No people don’t change,” I told him truthfully. “They just become better at hiding what they really want. An alcoholic still wants alcohol but they know what the consequences are if they do have a drink. Cheaters will always cheat or at least they’ll want to but they know what will happen if they do. People don’t change who they are they change the way people see them. So tell me Sungyeol do you really not want to come with me and save our brother?”
Sungyeol swallowed hard looking at me as if he was trying to figure what to say next.
He leaned down and started to scribble something on his white board but then stopped through halfway. He looked up at me again with a scared expression then he did the one thing I didn’t expect.
He spoke.
“I,” he paused then took a deep breath and continued. “Can’t.”
“Sungyeol,” I gasped reaching for his hand but I was too slow. He stood up biting his lips then took off running out of the café.
I should have run after him but I couldn’t move my feet.
I couldn’t do anything except stare at his empty seat.
“I promise I’ll make it better,” I vowed to the empty seat.
“Myungsoo,” someone screamed snapping out of my state. I looked over to see Dongwoo weaving through the seats wearing his normal sweatshirt and jeans outfit. He looked sweaty as if he had run a couple of miles.
“I’ve been looking for you,” he said as he reached me.
“Oh sorry Hyung,” I quickly wiped my eyes of unwanted tears.
Dongwoo took Sungyeol seat and I wonder if he could feel his presence. Dongwoo wouldn’t be happy to know that I met Sungyeol alone. Dongwoo had wanted to meet with the members but Hoya’s phone was off. Sunggyu had left the hospital without any way to reach him. Sungyeol and Woohyun both wouldn’t pick up their phones. I know it must have hurt him to see the members turn away from each other. Even in fights Dongwoo was the first one to get the members to talk to each other but now we were so far away that it was impossible for Dongwoo to do so.
“Doctor Woonah has something to tell us,” Dongwoo smiled widely.
My heart beat quickly and I stood up from my seat.
“Let’s go!” I shouted trying to push away the thoughts of Sungyeol.
When Dongwoo first introduced me to Lee Woonah I thought that he had officially lost his mind. Dr. Lee Woonah looked nothing like a Doctor. Instead he looked like someone Dongwoo had found living in a cave. It only took me a couple of seconds to realize how smart Dr. Lee Woonha really was. He was brave too from what Dongwoo had told me.  Livings in the mountain for the past couple years with only yourself could drive anyone mad.
I didn’t understand most of the things Woonah had told me about the drug trial. All I knew was that the hospital wasn’t allowing the treatment in their hospital. So instead of going to hospital we were at an old doctor’s office the one that Woonah used to own. It was dirty and cold and I didn’t want Sungjong to be here but I knew that Doctor Woonah knew what was best.
Dongwoo open the door with excitement because we both knew what was in store for us. This was our last change no more test and no more looking for cures. If this didn’t go as accord then we both knew that Sungjong was as good as dead.
No more hope no nothing.
I paused at the door not knowing if I wanted to know. Maybe if I left now I could have more hours of ignorance.
“Coming Myungsoo,” Dongwoo called from the hallway.
I swallowed the lump in my throat and forced myself to walk forward. I walked through the hallway where Sungjong was waiting for me.
The doctor’s office was just one large room with a desk and a couple of beds. Nothing too special I guess except he was here. I could see him laying still like he always was with eyes closed and the sounds of beeping reminding me that he wasn’t sleeping.
Dongwoo and Doctor Woonah were standing next to Sungjongs bed.  Dongwoo was rocking side to side as he bit his lip. Doctor Woonah was holding a clipboard with one hand and other one was waving me forward.
As I got closer I could see how tired Dr. Woonah actually was or maybe that was how he always looked.
“The Doc won’t tell me anything till you got here,” Dongwoo sighed as if I had taken two hours to walk in here.
“Myungsoo,” the doctor greeted me.
“Doc,” I nodded back as I crossed my arms.
“Tell us please,” Dongwoo smiled widely. He was so convince that Sungjong was going to wake up.
“Listen I already told his parents and they’re on their way here,” Doctor Woonha told us.
Dongwoo and I both nodded.
If his parents are coming then that must be good news.
They wouldn’t have come if there was bad news.
Right?
“Listen I’m not going to sugar coat it or use words that you boys clearly don’t know the meanings behind,” Woonha told us as we both nodded. “Are you ready?”
My breath felt heavy and my heart was beating quickly. The moment we’ve all been waiting for and the moment Dongwoo almost killed himself for.
I felt Dongwoo’s rough hands grab on to mine. He gave me one of his famous Dongwoo gummy smiles as if to reassure me for what was coming next.
“Yes,” Dongwoo answered for the both of us.
For slight second I thought that everything was going to go back to normal. Sungjong was going to kill us for acting like a bunch of girls.
When he awakes I’m going to tell him everything that happen even the bad th-
“I’m sorry.”
And the world around me collapsed for the final time.
Author Notes:
Hey you guys so I hope you enjoy this chapter. Also Dongwoo’s chapter will be coming up next. Usually I have an order on which member I post but I decide to change some of it up so they story could flow better. -Morgan