Part Thirty-Seven: Sunggyu

The Words Unsaid
Part Thirty-Seven
Sunggyu
I handed the taxi driver most of my money for the long trip. I had just enough for a trip home and a little extra for food but I knew if I got stuck here I wouldn’t be able to survive. I need to find her appa and get out of here as fast as I could.
I placed the crutches under my armpits and turned around to say goodbye to the driver but he was already speeding off.
I looked up at the red shack that stood in front of me. What type of doctors office was this place? It looked filthy somewhere you would go to contain a diseased.
But if Gayun appa was here then I guess I would have to make an effort even if that meant I was going to catch some type of unknown virus.
I took a deep breath and made my way to the stone steps leading to the door. What if no one was home?
What if the doctor in charge didn’t remember her appa?
What if this trip was for nothing?
I knocked against the metal door hoping that someone could give me answers.
“Just a moment,” a voice called out then a couple seconds later an older man open the door. He was wearing glasses and a white coat which made me internally shudder. Reminding me how happy I was to be away from doctors, needles, and stupid nurses.
“Yes?” he looked at me up and down.
“Hello,” I bowed which came off as a nod because it was almost impossible to bow with crutches.
“Can I help you?” he asked me as he looked at my crutches with a raise eyebrow. “Do you need help?”
“Ah no I mean yes but I don’t need you to help me,” I sputtered out.
He gave me a confused look and started to close the door.
“Wait,” I called out making him pause.
“I’m not crazy I’m just looking for this man,” I handed him a piece of paper that contained Gayun’s appa’s name.
“I don’t know him,” the old man tossed back the paper without a second look.
“Really? You don’t know who he is?” I asked almost to the point of panic.
“No but why do you want to know? Are you the police?” he questioned me scanning me up and down.
“No I’m not the police,” I gave him a confused look. “His daughter is in trouble.”
The man looked shocked than he bit down on his bottom lip. “He doesn’t have a daughter.”
“Yes he does her name is Gayun,” I told him. “She’s in trouble.”
“What type of trouble,” he asked me taking a step closer to me as if I had finally caught his interest.
“Listen it’s not my place to say,” I told him.
“If you want to know where her Appa is you better start talking,” he told me.
“So you do know him?” I asked almost screaming.
The man looked behind me as if to make sure that no one was listing nearby. “Yes now get talking.”
“Her Umma has gone crazy,” I told him truthfully.
“What do you mean gone crazy?” he asked me.
“Gayun was admitted into the same hospital as me except her injuries weren’t from an accident. Her Step-Father threw her down the stairs then her Umma lied to the police saying that she fell,” I told him.
The doctor frowned. “What about the rest of her family? What about her uncle?”
I shook my head. “All I know is that no one is claiming her so she is now in foster care. That’s why I need to find her Appa and tell him what’s going on.”
“But why isn’t child custody finding him?” the Doctor questioned me. I could tell that he was still suspicious that something was up.
“They tried but I guess they couldn’t find anything,” I told him.
“Then why are you here?” he replied looking me up and down.
“Because I made a promise,” I said thinking back to when Gayun was taken.
It wasn’t fair that she was born with an unloving Umma and an Appa who ran away.
“Are you sure you’re not the police?” he asked me once again.
“No do I look like I’m the police,” I scoffed pointing down to my broken leg.
“Well no but-“
“Sir I don’t mean to be rude but are you going to help me or what?” I sighed.
“Hold on a minute,” the Doctor held up a finger then he went back into the little building. I could hear him shuffling around inside than seconds later he came back to the door with a piece of paper.
“Here,” he said handing it to me. “Don’t you dare tell anyone I gave this to you!”
I looked down at the address and smiled.
“Thank you!” I bowed once or twice.
“It should only be a ten minute walk now leave an old man alone,” he said then he slammed the door in my face.
I scoffed but then smiled when I saw the address in my hand.
Yes one step closer to find Gayun’s Father.
 
The doctor was right it was close but only if my phone GPS could get me there without sending me down anymore dead ends.
I rested against a cold wall letting my eyes close shut. My heart was pounding quickly as if I ran three miles except it was only a couple of blocks.
The members would have made fun of me for being so weak but I couldn’t help it.
I scanned the nearby alleyway looking for a place to safely rest and I found a sign that read:
Molly’s Choice
Est. 1993
It looked dirty and I almost questioned if it was still in service but my thirst convinced me to at least try.
I took one more deep breath then push myself off of the wall. I followed the ratty sign to a door in a wall. It looked closed and I wanted to turn away but I couldn’t.
I open the door to be met with screams making my skin crawl. It took me a second to realize they were cheering about something.
The room was dimly lit but I could still make out tables that were consumed by dirty looking man who were most likely drunk. The walls were made out of stones which made me really feel like I was in a cave. On the other side of the room was a crowd of people standing at a railing screaming curse words and raising money.
What was going on below them?
I closed the door and started to make my way to a table that was almost empty except for a of couple old men who were sleeping or at least I hope they were.
“You,” someone grabbed my arm.
I looked up to see an extremely tall man that had a goatee and messy long black hair. He had tattoos up both arms but you couldn’t tell what anything was since they were all meshed together. He was wearing a green tee shirt that said Molly’s Choice Staff.
“How did you get here?” he asked me as he glared at my sight.
“I eh the door,” I sputtered out.
“I’m going to fire that guy,” he mumbled to himself as he looked at the door. “Come on kid we don’t let just anyone walk in here.”
He started to drag me towards the door roughly.
“HEY!” I shouted trying to keep up.
BANG!
The man stopped and looked towards the table where two men were now fighting but they were both  were too drunk that it looked like they were hugging.
“AHHH them again!” he sighed then he turned to me. “Stay here!”
“YAH!” he shouted stomping over to the two men.
I used that chance to escape from the man’s eye sight. I pushed my way into the crowd that was hanging around the balcony.
People shouted and grunted as I pushed myself further into the suffocating crowd till finally I was standing next to a black railing.
I looked down below to see a black mat that was surrounded by more people who was screaming for murder. There were two muscular men standing in the middle fighting like it was their last chance at life. The bigger one suddenly rammed the other fighter to the floor and started to immediately throw punches at the smaller ones face. It didn’t take long for a man wearing all black to blow his whistle. The bigger fighter jumped to his feet and the people screamed. The screams then turned into people shoving and yelling out new bets. I let out a yelp as I felt someone grab ahold of my arm and I felt myself being pushed out of the crowd.
Within seconds I was at the back of the crowd and on my . I looked around but no one was paying attention to the kid on the floor.
I let out a swear word as I quickly pushed myself off the floor. Maybe this wasn’t that great of a place to get a glass of water?
It seemed like they were doing something illegal and I didn’t want anything to do with it. I turned to leave when I heard a voice.
“Just let me go Myungok.”
My eyes scanned the room for the source of the voice but it was too overly crowded and the lighting was bad.
“Let’s get you ready,” a lean guy with black messy hair replied.
“I can do it on my own,” the person next to him scoffed.
There it was the voice again.
The man’s face was hidden by a hood but I knew who it was. I mean I spent hours and hours staring at the back of his stupid head as we practiced.
“HOYA!” I screamed and I pushed myself to walk towards the two men.
The other man Myungok open a door and they disappeared inside.
“HOYA!” I screamed again not caring that people were turning to stare.
I was almost to the door when someone grabbed my arm. “I thought I told you to stay.”
I swallowed hard as I looked at the man who I had previously escaped from.
“My friend Hoya is here,” I told him pointing to the door.
“Hoya?” he gave me a questionable look.
“If you just let me go in I can prove it,” I begged.
“Kid what are you talking about?” he sighed.
“Listen I know I’m not supposed to be here and I would have left already if I hadn’t noticed that my friend was here,” I told him truthfully.
“Kid there is no one here named Hoya,” he told me.
“W-What?” I sputtered out. “What about Howon or Hodong?”
“Nope not with that name,” he replied. “Now it’s time to leave.”
“Wait!” I shouted as he dragged me to the door.
“Listen I just need to talk to him,” I shouted.
“If you do this again then something worst then being kicked out will happen,” he threatens me then open the door.
“No why won-“
I felt myself flying to the floor with crutches and all. My legs bounced off the pavement sending shots of pain up my spine.
The door slammed shut cutting off the screams of cheers.
“,” I mumbled to myself.
I’m not sure how long I was lying for maybe twenty minutes or more.  I took a deep breath then I slowly sat up making sure not to worsen my state.
What was I thinking? Why would Hoya be there?
I stood up brushing the dirt off my legs.
He sounded just like Hoya but he couldn’t be there.
Hoya would never be caught dead in a place like that.
The door slammed open making me jump out of my skin. Then suddenly I was flying to the ground once again as if I was ragged doll.
“YAH!” I screamed because I had enough.
My body was sore from being tossed around and my emotions were wearing out.
I looked up just in time to see a man disappearing around a corner.
Woohyun?
“WOOHYUN!” my voice sound sharp almost panicky.
I ignored the pain and forced myself to stand up then I quickly limped in the direction Woohyun was last seen. But once I rounded the corner there was no one there except for a couple of old women.
“WOOHYUN!” I screamed with all my might but I knew it was for nothing.
I shook my head it couldn’t have been Woohyun.
No why would he be here?
He’s in Seoul with his brother but why did I see him here.
“I’m hallucinating,” I mumbled to myself.
It’s the pain and all the extra work that I had been placing on my body.
Yes I’m just seeing things and the faster I find Gayun’s father then the faster I can go home.
I gave one last glance around the street making sure that I wasn’t missing anything then I turned around then began my journey back towards the main road.
It was time to find Gayun’s Appa.
 
“This had to be wrong,” I mumble to myself as I looked up at the warehouse. The address on the paper matched up perfectly to the sign outside the rusty door but my mind couldn’t understand that I was here. Maybe I was going crazy first seeing Woohyun and Hoya and now this.
No I had to be at the wrong place or that crazy doctor sent me to god knows where.
I turned around ready to go give that doctor a piece of my mind when a voice stopped me.
“Hey kid!” a loud high pitch voice shouted. I turn to see a skinny man running towards me. If it wasn’t for the fact that my legs were already tired I would have ran away but here I stood waiting for the crazy man to reach me.
“What are you doing!” he shouted when he grabbed my arm.
The first thing I noticed was his crooked yellow teeth then my eyes scanned his harsh face.  There was a slight scar on his right eyes that clashed with his rough skin.  His greasy hair was brushed back into a tight pony tail making him look even more like a criminal.
“What are you doing here kid?” he asked me once again.
“I eh I’m looking for someone,” I sputtered out trying to take a step backwards to get away but he took a step forward.
“But I think I might have gotten the wrong address.”
“Are you a cop,” he frowned.
“What?! Why is everyone asking me this?” I muttered to myself.
“What’s that kid?” he asked leaning in closer so that I could now smell his ghastly breath.
“No I’m not a cop I’m just trying to find someone,” I told him truthfully.
“Well this is an empty building kid,” he told me.
“I see that,” I nodded. “I made a mistake obviously.”
“Here let me see the address I can help,” he reached out his dirty hand.
I hesitated staring at man’s dirty hand.
“Come on I don’t have all day,” he shouted.
I handed him the slip of paper that the old doctor had given me.
He looked at it then gave me a confused look then looked back down at the paper.
“Are you sure you’re not a cop,” he looked a time.
“Yes,” I told him.
“Then why are you looking for someone here?” he questioned me.
I sighed. “Listen it’s a personal story.”
 “Something sounds fishy,” he pointed out.
“Ah no,” I placed one of my hands up. “Nothing is fishy here!”
“Maybe you should come with me,” he said taking a step forward.
My heart felt heavy and I knew I had made a mistake.
“You are right why would I be looking for someone here,” I told him nodding my head.
“What are you doing?” another voice asked from behind me.
I turned around to see a man looking as equally disgusting as the man in front of me.
“I think Mr. Lee would like to speak to him,” the man in front of me said.
“Ah no-“
But it was too late they had already grabbed ahold of my arms and were dragging me into the buildings.
“Let me go!” I gasped as I tried to fight back but it was no use.
I heard the grinding of a door being open then the two men without any warning tossed me to the ground like a worn out doll.  I let out a groan as I grabbed ahold of my throbbing leg.
I bit my lip trying to will back the tears that were threating to fall.
“What are you two doing now,” a voice ringed out.
“Sir he knows your name,” one of the men replied.
“The delivery boy knows my name does that mean you will drag him in here too,” the newcomer spat out.
“Well no sir but-“
“You thought wrong,” he scolded them making me more than happy.
“Hey kid,” I heard someone say from above me.
I didn’t say anything except to look at the dirty cement floor. I felt a sharp kick to my side as I let out a gasp. My head shot up and I glared at the man who stood above me. He was handsome if you liked criminals. His eyes were full of passion and c-
Wait.
Those eyes looked familiar.
“What are you doing here kid,” he asked as he handed me my crutches. “This is a bad neighborhood didn’t they teach you anything in your fancy school?”
“Are you Lee Jongsuk?” I asked him standing up on my feet.
He gave me a confused looked and started me up and down.
“Why?” he asked.
“Just tell me!” I almost shouted in excitement.
“Woah kid calm down yes my name is Lee Jongsuk? What are you a really bad hit man?” he eyed me.
“No I know your daughter,” I told him. “Gayun!”
He looked at my surprised but then he face immediately turned back to its emotional less state.
“You don’t understand she’s in trouble,” I informed him hoping that the man would give some sign that he really was Gayun’s Appa.
“Boss!” a voiced scream echoing off the walls.
I didn’t even have to turn to see who it was after all we shared a room, a bathroom, and a dream together. He even once stole my special lotion that I bought in the united states from our world tour.
Nam Woohyun.
Author Notes:
Hello,
So are you guys surprise?? I actually had this planned out since the way start of the story. Also later on more will be explained about Jongsuk and Gayun’s relationship and why he left her. BAHAHHA <- That’s my evil laugh. By the way who else freaked out when they saw that Sunggyu was collaborating with Tablo (epic high) and Jonghwan (nell). For those who don’t know Sunggyu or Infinite I will explain. Tablo used to be under Infinites label called Woollim. Epik High were mentors to Infinite and they were even on a TV show together called Your My Oppa. Jiae who is now a member of Lovelyz plays Infinite virtual little sister. They also taught Hoya and Dongwoo on how to rap. While Jonghwan is Sunggyu favorite singer or he used to be I’m not sure. The WHOLE reason why Sunggyu joined Woollim was because of Nell. So he’s now singing with his mentor and his favorite singer. This is crazy! Please don’t tell me I’m not the only one who thinks this is crazy. But I can’t help but wonder if it’s awkward with Tablo since Woollim didn’t really protect him when people were accusing him of faking his degrees. But I’m wicked happy and I think Sunggyu newest album is going to be amazing.  I loved his first album and I think I’ll love his second one. Okay I need to go calm down. BYEEE!