Part Twenty-Eight: Woohyun

The Words Unsaid
Part Twenty-Eight
Woohyun
 
If someone had told me that being a part of a gang would be boring I would have laughed in their face. In the movies you see them fighting against another gang or stealing money. Not that I would want those things to happen! I just thought that I would have more fun serving out my punishment. Instead I was stuck at the warehouse which also was a front for an online store for gnomes which happen to be real amazingly.
“Woohyun get me coffee,” I said in a high pitch voice. “ Woohyun go fill out this order! Woohyun go ship these boxes. No Woohyun go wipe my for me!”
I was sick of these people! I should run away but I knew that I wouldn’t get far with the connections Jongsuk has.          
Never in my whole life was I treated this way. I guess this was punishment for not listing to Kibum or Boohyun.
I wonder what they were doing right now?
Were they still looking for me? I had lost my phone the day I was taken by Jongsuk.  
How was Sungjong doing?
Was he doing worse?
Did they already have a funeral for him?
I bit my lip trying not to think about the worst but it wasn’t that easy to do.
I heard a door open causing my heart to start to pound.
I remembered the words that Mr. Woo had told me hours ago.
“I need you to go collect payment from Miss. Lee Sora,” Mr. Woo told me as I sat up from my bed which was just a couch with a thin blanket.
“Who?” I asked again rubbing my eyes.
“LEE SORA!” he shouted causing me to jump. “Listen up kid this woman owes us a lot of money and this isn’t the first time she skipped out on paying.”
“Then why are you sending me,” I questioned him. “Why don’t you just kidnap her?”
“Because she’s sneaky and she knows our faces. Whenever we try to drag her out she is already gone! Plus I have to go somewhere,” Mr. Woo told me as he fixed his suit.
“Somewhere? Do you have another date?” I asked.
His eyes grew wide. “No! Just do it kid and be careful!”
This woman could be my ticket out of here if I could just get the money back or take her to see Jongsuk. Wait what did I just say?
No I couldn’t take her to Jongsuk he would kill her. Maybe she would have the money or at least some of the money that she owed.
The footsteps were now becoming louder and I knew that someone was almost at my hiding spot.
Well here goes nothing I said to myself.
I jumped out of my hiding space and came face to face with the dangerous woman.
I was expecting an woman wearing tight leather pants and harsh make up marking her as a badass but instead I was staring at an ajumma.
Her black perm hair was peeking out from under her white visor. Her tan face was rough like leather and for a second I thought I was staring at an old statue.  She was wearing a light blue jacket that clashed with her flower pattern pants.
“Oh sorry,” I bowed.
“That’s okay son,” she said then she started to walk passed me.
I thought they said that Lee Sora was the only one who lived up this alley way.
“Excuse me Ma,” I turned to face her. “Does a Lee Sora live here?”
I could see the shock in her eyes then within seconds it changed to a wide smile.
“Yes but who is asking?” she questioned me.
“I eh my grandmother knows her,” I lied.
I could almost slap myself for making up such a horrible lie. She’s going to see right through it!
What do I say?
Think Woohyun!!
“Nam Eunb,” I lied.
“Nope I can’t say I kno-“
She paused looking at me shocked as she covered .
“So you’re Sora!” I almost screamed in excitement.
I knew it was her but how was this ajumma the most dangerous criminal around? What was she going to kill me with her cookies?
“What do you want,” she took a step back as if I was going to hurt her.
“I’m not here to hurt you,” I told her. “I’m here under Jongsuk instructions.”
Once the words left my mouth I knew I made a mistake.
The woman let out a gasp and tried to run down the stairs but she wasn’t going anywhere fast.
“Ajumma!” I shouted as I ran after her.
It only took a couple of minutes before I corned the older woman on the stone steps.
“Wait!” I told her holding up my hands.
“Are you going to kill me now,” she snapped as she held her purse close to her chest.
“What?” I sputtered out. “No!”
“That’s what you boys do? When you don’t get the things you want,” she pointed out.
“No that’s not true.”
I mean if you didn’t count the last three men who were almost killed for missing a payment.
“You don’t care about me! My good for nothing son took out the money in my name and gambled it all away! Now I have you threating me!” she was almost in tears.
“No,” I said.
“I don’t have any money,” she yelled at me. “So kill me!”
She threw down her purse and held her arms out as if she was awaiting her death.
“W-what no!” I sputtered out as I picked up her purse.
“Then why are you here?” she asked and I could see the fear in her eyes.
“You must have some money to give Jongsuk?” I questioned it.
“My other son is sending me money next week it’s not a lot but I think I could give you half,” she told me. “Just don’t take me to Jongsuk he’ll kill me!”
“Calm down,” I told her then I bit my lip.
It wasn’t the poor lady fault that she was scammed by her son. Yes bad things happen to good people but why do I have to be the one to punish this woman.
I took a deep breath. “Listen I’ll say I never saw you but you have to give Jongsuk his money back or at least some of it.”
She smiled widely.  “Oh my goodness what a nice boy if my son was like you I wouldn’t be in this situation.
“Just make sure you take care of yourself,” I told her.
“Thank you,” she told me with a wide smile then she started her way back down the hill.
Sneaky my ?!
Mr. Woo and Mr. Park are idiots!
 
The fans were screaming sending chills up and down my spine. I stared out at the endless light sticks that were waving in the air forming a yellow ocean.
This was it this was goodbye but it was the good type of bye. We were going to be traveling the world something that I used to dream about when I was a trainee. Now we are actually going to do it!
“Now here is the real ending song,” Sunggyu told the fans after we tricked them in thinking that Dashi Dorawa and Hysterie were our last songs.
The lights faded and the cords for our song “With” started to play. We stood together as we looked out at the beautiful crowd. They were all standing there smiling then one by one they held up a white banner.  I took a step closer and could see the sign read:
We Will Wait For You, Infinite
Tears were forming as my throat became tight. My voice trembled as I tried to sing my best but I was too overwhelmed from their gift.
They would wait for us.
They lo-
“WOOHYUN!”
I shot up from the couch all memories off the dream leaving my mind.
“What?!” I sputtered as I felt my body being dragged off the couch on to a cold ground.
I looked up to see Mr. Woo and Mr. Park glaring at me.
“UP!” Mr. Woo shouted at me.
I quickly stood and I couldn’t help but feel like I was about to be punished for something.
Suddenly I felt all the air in my body leaving as a fist slammed into my stomach. I fell to the floor as I gasped for air looking up at the two men.
“Lee Sora.”
 
My whole body felt as if it was placed in a blender and maybe it was. I had dark welts on both of my arms and surprisingly I didn’t break anything from the attack.
“Woohyun,” Jongsuk sighed from his desk.
I took a deep breath which caused me to twitch in pain.
“Now tell me why you let Lee Sora leave?” he asked me once again.
“She told me that she was going to give you the money next week,” I informed him.
“Funny because she ran all over Busan claiming that she outsmarted Jongsuk! Now she’s gone!” Mr.Park chirmed in.
“Gone,” I whispered to myself.
“Yes and so is our money!” Joonsuk told me slamming his hand against his desk.
“But why are we looking for her when her son is the one who took the money,” I pointed out because how could the ajumma just skip town.
“She told you she had children?” Joonsuk laughed.
I nodded.
“She doesn’t have children! She’s never been married!” Joonsuk told me.
“W-What?” I sputtered out.
“You have been scammed,” Mr. Woo told me shaking his head.
“YAH!” Jongsuk screamed than a book soared past my head and smashed into Mr. Woo. He let out groan as he grabbed ahold of his bright red nose.
“I’m bleeding,” he shouted as blood fell down his face.
“That is for pushing your responsibilities off to the kid!” Jongsuk screamed.
“Sorry boss,” Mr. Woo bowed.
“LEAVE!” Jongsuk screamed making us all jump again.
I stood up slowly and was about to leave when Jongsuk placed a hand up. “Not you Woohyun.”
.
The door closed as we sat in silence for a while until Jongsuk stood up from his desk.
He’s going to kill me!
He walked towards me without an expression on his face and I knew this was the end.
I’m dead.
He cold fingers grabbed ahold of my chin as he scanned my face.
“You really shouldn’t mess up anymore you wouldn’t want to ruin your pretty face,” he told me then he pulled away from me.
“I’m sorry,” I told him once again.
“For this mess up you now have to replay Lee Sora debt too,” he told me.
“WHAT!” I shouted but I let my anger fall with the look Jongsuk gave me.
“But there is something you can do for me and I’ll forgive you,” he told me as he sat on the corner of his desk.
“Forgive me? You mean you are going to take away her debt?” I asked him stunned.
“Yes and I’ll even take off a couple thousand dollars from what you owe,” he told me.
Now I was interested in what Jongsuk had to tell me.
“I’ll do it,” I told him without a second thought.
He laughed. “Kid do you even want to know what you’re going to do?”
“It doesn’t matter,” I told him. “I’ll do it.”
“Good because all you need to do is deliver this package and receive the payment,” he picked up a small red box from his desk.
“That is all?” I asked him with wide eyes.
“Yes but you better not mess this up,” he told me threating.
“I won’t,” I promised him. “What is in the box Sir?”
Jongsuk open the box and turned it so I could see the contents inside.
“.”

Author Note 
Hey,
I hope there isn’t too many spelling or grammar mistakes. I only proofed read this twice but I wanted to upload it before I forget. Yawn I’m tried. Who would think that watching a baby would be so tiring. I’m going to bed. Goodnight or good morning or good afternoon!
Ps. I finally wrote out most of the chapters and I’m pretty sure this fic is going to end at 50. How do you guys like it so far?
 
-Morgan