Part Fourteen: Sunggyu

The Words Unsaid
Part Fourteen
Sunggyu

Last Chapter:

Heechul and he talked on the phone about the situation. Then Jiae came to visit him at the hospital but not before she went to go see Sungjong. Later that day Jungryu asked if he was interested in singing for Nell which he accepted immediately. While trying to sing he could only hear the car accident causing him to have a break down.


“So how have you been?” I asked then I took a sip of the god awful coffee.

He mumbled a word that I somehow managed to make out as, “fine.”

My eyes scanned the almost empty hospital cafe. There was a young mother rocking her baby in one arm while trying to eat quickly.  Next to her were two doctors in white coats that were having an intense conversation.  The older woman at the front counter was too busy cleaning to notice them. We were sitting in the corner of the room so unwanted eyes from the hallway wouldn’t notice see us.

As far as I was concerned we were as alone as we could get.

“Did you want to go see Sungjong?” Dongwoo suddenly asked bringing my attention back to him.

“Why don’t we just enjoy the coffee first,” I suggested.

“But Hyung why were you standing at the door if you weren’t planning on coming in,” he pointed out than he took a sip of his latte.

“Ah I was just exercising and I happened to go past Sungjong’s door,” I lied. I wasn’t ready to admit that I was scared of seeing Sungjong just yet.

“Oh,” Dongwoo nodded and I knew he believed me. Dongwoo always trusted the members which was one of his downfalls.

“Have you talked to the other members?” I asked. Just because I stopped accepting calls didn’t mean I stopped caring about them.

“I haven’t talked to any of them well except you,” Dongwoo bowed his head as if he was ashamed.

“Oh I see,” I replied.

“Hyung what about you? Are you feeling any better? I heard you had to go through a major surgery?” Dongwoo asked looking at my wheelchair.

“I’m healing just fine. The doctors even said I was one of the fastest patients to ever recover. I’m even going to start rehab soon,” I boasted smiling.

“Already?” Dongwoo looked at me with wide eyes. “Aren’t you pushing yourself too hard?”

“I’ll be okay and if I get tired I’ll stop,” I told him.

The truth was the doctors hadn’t even given me permission to leave my room let alone do rehab.

“If you’re sure,” he replied but he wasn’t very confident.

“I heard they have some decent desserts here. Should we order some?” I suggested smiling.

“No I’m fine,” Dongwoo rejected my offer.

My eyes scanned over Dongwoo’s face and it didn’t take long to see what had changed. His face was thinner than before and his eyes didn’t hold that sparkle.

Could he be skipping meals?

No.

It wasn’t like Dongwoo to skip meals.

“You're taking care of yourself...right?”

“Yes,” he told me almost robotically.

“Dongwoo,” I crossed my arms and leaned back in the chair. “Tell me the truth.”

“I eat, shower, sleep, and drink. So I think I’m taking care of myself just fine,” Dongwoo replied.

“I’m sorry that you’re having such a hard time,” I reached over and grabbed his hand.

“I’m doing the best I can,” he admitted to me.

“It will be okay,” I lied.

“How can you say that,” Dongwoo ripped his hand from my grasp. “We killed him.”

“W-what,” I sputtered out.

“It’s o-our f-fault that’s he’s d-d-dead,” Dongwoo’s voice cracked as if he was about to start crying at any moment.

I looked around the cafe to see the older woman behind the counter was now watching us intensely.

“Dongwoo not here,” I warned him. I placed down my coffee than pushed myself away from the table. “Follow me.”

  

The pain was almost unbearable but we needed to get somewhere safe.  If someone had heard Dongwoo’s break down then it would cause more trouble for Infinite. The press had finally stopped calling but if they heard about two members crying together it would send them back into frenzy. That was the last thing we need.

“Where are we going?” Dongwoo asked me as he grabbed ahold of the wheelchair stopping me in my tracks.

I wipe away the sweat and looked behind to see a  worry face. “Take me to the staircase.”

“Hyung you don’t look too good. Maybe you over did it? Should I just take you back to your room?” Dongwoo asked as he looked down at my sweaty face.

“Take me there now!” I shouted.

I hated yelling at Dongwoo the most but in times like this it was necessary.

Dongwoo just nodded and started to push me to the nearest staircase entrance. Once we entered Dongwoo turned me around to face him. I could automatically tell that Dongwoo was upset but I wasn’t sure if it was from me yelling or because of something else.

“Look I’m sorry for yelling at you before. I just didn’t want Infinite to have another sad story written about them,” I apologized.

Dongwoo didn’t answer me instead he bit the corner of his lip as if he was thinking about something.

“Listen about before…” 

I closed my eyes thinking about Dongwoo’s words.

We killed him.

“No one killed Sungjong it was an accident,” I said even though I knew he was right.

“Hyung,” Dongwoo’s voice came out raw as if he had been crying for hours. “Don’t lie you know it’s our fault. If y-you didn’t tell him to switch seats with you then he might still be alive. If I-I didn’t ask for food than we wouldn’t have been on that road. Then the fans wouldn’t h-have followed us and caused an accident.” he croaked as he brought his hand up to his heart.

My face grew numb as my heart started to beat faster than it should.

Keep it together.

You're the leader and no one wants an emotional leader.

“Dongwoo,” I called for him but by now he was crying loudly into his hands.

“Dongwoo,” I grabbed his arm.

He pulled down his hand so I could see his red blotchy face. His eyes were slightly pink from crying and there was snot hanging from his left nostril.

This face made fan girls scream?

“The fans were going to follow us anyways,” I pointed out. It was true there was many times where overly excited fans followed us using their own or borrowed car. To make matters the worst they sometimes paid taxi drivers extra to follow them around all day. Woohyun was always good convincing them to go home before the managers called the police. Although we were still lucky since most of our fans were well behaved unlike some other fanbases. There were still the crazy ones who risked their lives to follow us and they were the ones to blame.

Not sweet innocent Dongwoo who stood here crying.

“I would have died,” I told him.

“W-What?” Dongwoo asked wiping away the snot.

“If I didn’t trade seats with Sungjong then I would have been the one in that bed,” I admitted the thoughts I had been thinking about since I woke up from the accident. I hated the feeling of relief that a simple act had kept me alive.

“Does that make this any better?” Dongwoo argued.

“No but I think someone out there has given me another chance. I think Sungjong gave me another chance to live my life,” I pointed out.

Dongwoo let out another sob. “But Hyung he might die.”

“Dongwoo he’s already dead,” I shook my head back and forth feeling sorry for the member.

I could barely comprehend Sungjong’s death but Dongwoo probably had it worst. Dongwoo was simple minded and something like this must have taken a toll on him.

“He is but he’s not,” Dongwoo mumbled to himself.

“What is that?” I asked not quiet catching what he said.

“Nothing,” Dongwoo shook his head but I had a feeling that he was keeping something from me.

“Is there something I should know?” I questioned.

Dongwoo looked at me then looked back over to the door. “Nothing.”

I knew if I pushed Dongwoo would tell me but I knew some secrets should be kept till the person is ready.

“You know Sungjong would yell at all of us for throwing a fit,” I pointed out trying to smile.

“I just can’t get him out of my mind,” Dongwoo gasp as tears ran down his face.

“I know,” I embraced him in an awkward hug ignoring the pain shooting up from my sides.

Dongwoo cried loudly as I felt tear drops splash against the top of my head.

“It will be okay,” I told him once again but only if I could believe my own words.

 

I don’t know how many minutes or hours we were together. Dongwoo was now leaning against my wheelchair with his head resting against the wheel. I constantly ran my fingers through his hair as I told him that it wasn’t his fault.

“I know you think this is your fault but it’s not it’s mine,” I whispered afraid that he would hear my words. “I shouldn’t have been so hard on him that day. The last memory he has of me is being angry at him for something stupid. What’s even worst is that I was going to order food to be delivered to the practice room after we left the radio station. When you asked I didn’t care to stop you because I just need time to think of a punishment for Sungjong. I-If I had told you I ordered food then no one would have died. It’s my fault for being a bad leader. If I was a good leader I would have forgiven Sungjong and help him grow into a better man. I would have told you to be patient and wait till we arrive to the dance studio. Instead I was lazy and I didn’t speak up the one time I should. So don’t think this is your entire fault because it’s not.”

I wiped away the tears that were now staining my hospital gown.

“That’s why I c-can’t sing anymore. It’s my punishment for failing Sungjong.”

“Look at me I’m acting like a girl right?” I laughed as I pushed my hair to the side.

There was silence which was strange for Dongwoo who was always talkative.

“Dongwoo?” I looked over to see my dongsaeng quietly sleeping.

I couldn’t help but smile as I looked down at him. It must have been a while since he was able to get a wink of sleep.

The door suddenly open turning my attention away from Dongwoo. Sunhyung my personal nurse stood there with her long brown hair placed into a messy bun and her face was red as a tomato. Her eyes narrow when she saw me.

I smiled widely, “Oh Sunhyung what are you doing here?”

“Do...know...how...long...I’ve...been...looking...for...you,” she gasped in between breaths as she leaned over.

“Oh.”

“You’re not even allowed to leave your bed yet,” she scolded me. “Wait who gave you this wheelchair?”

“I eh found it,” I lied. Actually I let one of the interns talk to Apink Bomi on the phone for a couple of minutes for a chance to be free of that bed and that room. It didn’t matter that I was in pain all that matter was that I was no longer staring at the plain white ceiling.

“You know you stutter when you lie,” Sunhyung pointed out. “Who’s this?”

“Ah this is Dongwoo he’s one of my bandmates,” I told her looking down at my now snoring dongsaeng.

“Well wake him up so we can head back,” she ordered me. “You have everyone running around with their heads cut off.”

“Fine,” I raised my hand to wake him up but then I realized how tired he actually was.  “Give me another twenty minutes.”

“What?” she gasp. “Are you kidding me?”

“I will listen to whatever you say and I won’t leave my room without permission. I won’t even go to the bathroom without you saying so. Just please let’s wait twenty minutes so my friend here can sleep just a little,” I pleaded with her.

She sighed then looked down at Dongwoo then back down to her watch. “Ten minutes and that’s all you're getting.”

“Fifteen?” I retorted.

“Ten or should I make it five?” she replied.

“Fine,” I retorted crossing my arms making sure that I didn’t hit my sides.

“I’m only letting you do this since I’ve been on my feet for ten hours straight,” Sunhyung told me as she walked past me and took a seat on one of the steps.

She let out a grunt as she stretched her feet in front of her. “I guess I should call off the search party,” she told me as she pulled out her cellphone.

“Is it that bad?” I asked running my fingers in Dongwoo’s hair as he slept silently.

“They were about to call the police or the army,” she replied as she placed the phone up to her ear.

“It’s me...calm down...I found him...He’s safe that’s all you need to know…We’ll be there in a couple minutes...Yes I understand,” she hanged up the phone and placed it back in her pocket.

“They wanted me to tell you that you're dead when you get back,” she relayed the message.

“I expected that,” I replied.

“But yet you still sneaked out,” she pointed out.

“It was worth it,” I smiled.

“It better be because the doctors now are going to keep a close eye on you. You won’t even be able to get a glass of water without them knowing,” she told me.

I nodded my head knowing that when I was back in my room I was going to get a life time worth of scolding. They might even take away my cellphone or television privileges but nothing compared to when we were trainees and pushed past our breaking points. We weren’t even allowed cell phones the first couple months after debuting.

“Are you in pain?” she asked looking over my body which made me feel suddenly self-conscious of the thin hospital gown.

“I’m fine. I actually feel much better getting some fresh air,” I lied. The truth was my arms hurt from pushing myself throughout the hallway and my ribs hurt every time I moved.

“You better be,” she told me. “I can’t have any fangirls going after my pretty face.”

“Pretty my ,” I retorted rolling my eyes.

“I have a line of boys wanting my number,” she told me leaning back onto the steps.

I looked at her face then shook my head, “I can’t see why.”

“YAH!” she shouted throwing a pen in my direction it missed my head and hit the wall behind me.

“You know harming a patient is actually the opposite of your job,” I remarked.

“Well right now I’m on a break and the thoughts of hurting you are becoming strong,” she retorted.

“Oh I’m so scared,” I replied.

She rolled her eyes and picked up her phone and started to play with it once again.

I turn my attention back to Dongwoo who was still sleeping. The scratches on his face had faded but yet he still looked awful. What was the last time he took a shower? When was the last time that he ate a full meal? He had to know by now that this wasn't his fault.

"Time’s up," Sunhyung told me standing up from her seat.

"A couple more minutes please," I begged her.

"I'm sorry Sunggyu it's time to go plus a stairwell isn’t a place to sleep in," she scolded me.

"Fine,” I sighed then turned my attention to Dongwoo.

I shook his shoulder roughly since I knew from years of living with Dongwoo that waking him up gently never worked. “Dongwoo.”

Dongwoo let out a groan as he turned his head.

I shook him again. “Come on Dongwoo it’s time to wake up.”

This time Dongwoo stretch out his hands in front of him then slowly opened his eyes. He looked around the room twice before he jumped up to his feet.

“Hyung,” he whines. “You should have woken me up.”

“You were only asleep for a couple of minutes,” I lied to him.

“But still you should have woken me up,” Dongwoo argued as he stretched his arms above his head. His eyes suddenly met Sunhyung and he dropped his arms to his side. “Oh hi I mean hello,” he said then bowed politely.

“Dongwoo this Sunhyung my personal nurse,” I told him.

“Personal you wish,” she retorted standing up from her seat.

“Oh is Sunggyu in trouble?” Dongwoo asked worriedly. “It’s my fault that I kept him out so long.”

“Calm down it’s okay but I think it’s time for you to head home Dongwoo and for Sunggyu to go take a bath,” she told him. I let out a groan thinking about the weekly bath that I hated so much because yes having random men touching your body seemed like such a wonderful experience. I rather be thrown into a crowd of anti-fans.

“Ah yes,” Dongwoo nodded than turned towards me. I could see that he was already trying to fight back the tears “Hyung I will be back to visit you soon.”

“You better be,” I told him. “You better head home before your Umma gets worried. Be careful driving home and don’t get distracted.”

“I will Hyung,” Dongwoo nodded.

“Hey and don’t worry so much,” I told him.

He nodded and gave one last bow than open the door to the hallway.

“Hyung…bye,” he smiled.

“Bye Dongwoo,” I replied but I really wanted to tell him to stay. Living at the hospital was boring and Dongwoo always seemed to make things enjoyable even if sometimes he got on my nerves.

Dongwoo gave me one last nod before he closed the door. I swallowed hard trying not to show any emotions.

I’m the leader and I’m not allowed to show weakness.

“He was nice and kind of cute too,” Sunhyung said next to me.

“No,” I turn to look at the nurse.

“Now what?” she asked placing a hand on her hip.

“He’s too innocent for you,” I pointed out.

“I can be innocent too,” she told me then she proceeds to sway her body back and forth. “Oppa Oppa,” she shouted in a high pitch voice.

“Ew stop it,” I shouted as I placed my hands over my ears.

“Shut up,” she pouted. She stood behind my wheelchair and started to push me out to the hallway. The hallway was empty and any signs of Dongwoo were gone.

“It’s the cute ones that you have to worry about.  No one is that cute and if they are then there is something wrong with them,” she told me as she wheeled me towards my room.

“The fans think I’m cute,” I remarked.

“Your fans think that your farts are cute too,” she retorted as she let out a small laugh.

A high pitched beeping sound went off from Sunhyung’s pocket.

“,” she said as she stopped wheeling me.

“What’s wrong?” I asked unable to turn around to look at her.

“One of my patients needs me,” she told me her voice shaking.

“Go,” I ordered her.

“What I can’t just leave you not after what happened last time,” she pointed out although she took a step backwards.

“I’ll go straight to my room,” I promised her. I was actually telling the truth since I was already tired from my adventure.

“If I find that you escape again I’ll find you and throw you off a cliff,” she threaten me.

“I won’t,” I told her.

“The room is just around the corner,” she told me.

“I know,” I replied. “Just go.”

“Okay,” she told me then I heard the banging of feet as she ran away.

“You can do this,” I told myself.

I used all my muscles to push myself forward towards my room. Just picture the nice fluffy bed that’s calling your name Sunggyu. Don’t think about how sore your muscles are or how much trouble you’re going to be in when you get back.

Just think about that bed.

I hoped that Dongwoo made it home safely and was back in his bed. I felt almost lost not knowing what the other members were doing. Even when the members had different schedules I still knew what they were doing and where they would be.  It felt strange not knowing where anyone was.  

I turned the corner and the image of two men came into view. As I moved forward I slowly realized that they were my two managers Hyowan and Jungryu. They were both in a deep conversation and didn’t notice me wheeling towards them.

Maybe I could just sneak by and pretend that I was in my room the whole time.

Fat chance but if I made it back to my room and was somehow able to lift myself in my bed then I could pretend to be sleeping. They wouldn’t wake me up then they would have a couple of hours to cool down. By the time I woke up they would forgive me for disappearing. Well at least I hope they do.

“You’re lucky,” Jungryu scolded Hyowan. “If we didn’t find him then we would have to call Jung Yeop.”

“I’m sorry sir,” Hyowan bowed his head and looked at the floor.

“We can’t have another scandal on our hands. We barely covered up Myungsoo's mess,” he told him.

Myungsoo’s mess?

“You said that the other company won’t press charges against him?” Hyowan pointed out.

Charges.

“Not if Myungsoo plays nice and they also want him to appear in two music videos and also a variety show. Of course all for free too,” Jungryu admitted running his hand through his hair.

What was Myungsoo doing for free and why did Jungryu sound annoyed about it.

“He’s lucky that’s all he has to do,” Hyowan pointed out.

I was sick of sitting there listening to them.

“What happened?”

Hyowan and Jungryu jumped with a start and turned their attention towards me.

“Sunggyu,” Hyowan said weakly.

“Someone better tell me what’s going on now!” I snapped with all my energy.

“Where have to been,” Jungryu scolded me as he walked towards me.

“Answer my question,” I said in between clench teeth.

“Let’s talk about this inside,” Hyowan said looking around the empty hallway.

“Tell me now or I’ll escape every second someone’s not watching. You know how determine I can be when I want to be.” I threaten.

“Not here,” Jungryu said.

“Myungsoo got into a fight with another idol at a music show,” Hyowan informed me.

They had to be misinformed because Myungsoo although sometimes loud would never start a fight. Sure sometimes we would fool around between the members but we all knew that hitting another idol was against the rules.

“Why,” I asked them while trying to calm my beating heart.

“Let’s just go inside,” Jungryu eyes kept on wondering around the hallway.

“He was making fun of Sungjong,” Hyowan answered me.

It all made sense but still Myungsoo should have held it together. He should have ignored them.

“Give me your phone,” I ordered him.

“Why?” Hyowan asked but yet he still handed me his old beat up phone.

“My phone is dead and I need to make a call,” I told him.

“Inside first,” I nodded my head as I turned my attention to Hyowan’s phone. I felt myself being pushed forward but I was too concentrated on pushing numbers into the dial pad. By the time the phone was ringing I was already in my room.

“What do you want Hyung,” Myungsoo rudely answered.

“Yah that’s no way to answer to your hyung,” I snapped back letting my anger rise.

“S-sunggyu H-hyung,” Myungsoo stumbled over his words.

“You got into a fight! Not just a fight with a normal citizen it had to be an idol,” I shouted into the phone.

“H-How did you know,” Myungsoo said and I could tell that he was scared.

“Just because I’m not there doesn’t mean I don’t know what’s happening,” I told him.

“Sunggyu let’s get you in bed,” Jungryu told me lifting up the sheets.

I held up a finger to tell them to wait a second. Although I have been dreaming about sleeping in my own bed I needed to talk to Myungsoo first.

“But Hyung you don’t understand he was making fun of Sungjong,” Myungsoo whined into the phone.

“So you punched him,” I asked flabbergast at what got into my dongsaeng.

“You don’t understand what he was saying he was calling-”

“I don’t care if he was saying that Sungjong was an alien. It still doesn't give you the right to start hitting people,” I snapped.

“Listen Hyung if you were here you would understand why I punched him but you’re not,” he told me.

“You little bra-”

“I have to go. Bye Hyung,” Myungsoo said then there was a click.

“Myungsoo,” I called after him but there was no answered.

I hanged up the phone with disbelief. “That little brat hanged up on me.”

I got angrier with each unanswered call. I was going to get out of this hospital and when I do I’m going to kick your Kim Myungsoo!

  

“What you’re asking I don’t think it’s possible at this time,” Dr. Choi told me from his seat.

“But sir I’ve been feeling better and I’m not even in the ICU anymore,” I pointed out.

“Still Sunggyu if you push yourself too hard it will undo all your healing,” Doctor Choi informed me looking down at my chart. “Plus in a month or so we can think about doing rehab. Right now just take it easy.”

No. I have to do this

“Doctor is there nothing I can do?” I asked him feeling the depression creep in.

“I don’t want you to worsen your injury,” the doctor told me looking up at me from the chart.

I sat back in my wheelchair trying to find a way past this rock. “What if I just exercise for five minutes a day and if it’s too much I’ll give up,” I offered.

“And if you push yourself too hard you might have to stay another month in the hospital,” he pointed out.

“That would be my own fault,” I replied not wanting to give up. “Just give me five minutes a day and I will listen to whatever you say. Plus Doctor no matter what you say I’m still going to exercise with or without the hospitals help.”

The doctor shook his head back and forth as if he was arguing with himself. “The minute I find out that your pushing yourself too hard I’ll have you on bed rest,” the doctor warned me.

“Wait you’re going to let me do it?” I asked surprised. I never thought the doctor would be so easily swayed. If I knew it was this easy to get what I wanted I would have written down a whole list of demands including edible food and beer.

“You’ll do simple stretches once a day nothing more than five minutes,” he told me. “Don’t push yourself too hard.”

“No sir I promise!” I assured him smiling ear to ear.

“Also no sneaking out like last time,” the Doctor warned me.

My smile dropped. “I won’t.”

Although five minutes a day seemed like a short time it was still a chance of getting better. The sooner I got out of here the sooner I could find the members and figure out what was going on. Also the sooner I could hit that brat Myungsoo.

  

.

.

.

“You can stop if you want,” a pretty nurse asked from next to me.

“No,” I said between gritted teeth.

“This is the last one you can do it,” she told me with an encouraging smile. Although I didn’t find it encouraging I found it annoying.

I let out a grunt as I lifted my injured leg in front of me.

“One…Two” the nurse called out.

I grunted feeling the pain running through my legs through my whole body.

“Three.”

I dropped my leg back down to my wheelchair as I let out a sigh.

“That will be it for today Sunggyu. You did a good job,” she told me smiling.

“I was only able to do it twice,” I told her whipping the sweat from my forehead.

“It’s your first day,” she said as if that was to make up the fact that I totally .

“Would you like me to wheel you back to your room?”

I nodded my head.

“Jiah can you help me for a moment,” an orderly called from the corner of the room.

“Just a second Sunggyu,” she told me then she left to help the man.

I was relieved that no one I knew was here to see me. If they saw  me now they would really call me a grandpa.

“Ajusshi,” a voiced called.

“Ajusshi?” I looked up see a young teenager with black curly hair and a baby face. She was wearing a yellow exo tee shirt that clashed with her bright pink shorts. Her right arm was in a sling and I could see faded scratches covering her face.

“Can I help you?” I asked her.

“Ajusshi do I know you?” she asked cocking her head to the side.

“No,” I answered hoping that the girl would leave me alone. I was sweaty and in desperate need of a glass of water.

“Who are you?” she asked leaning in closer.

“Who are you?” I snapped back.

“Well I’m Park Gayun,” she told me placing her hands on her hips.

“Well Park Gayun I will tell you who oppa is if you give me some water,” I said with a smile.

“Promise?” she replied.

I nodded my head and with that the young girl turned around and ran towards a nearby table where water bottles lined the wall. I looked around the room to see ten different people all sweaty and grunting like I had been a couple minutes ago. Each of them had some sort injury that they were trying to overcome. In a way I liked sitting here because no one noticed me they were all too focus on getting better.

“Here,” a water bottle came into my view.

Oh yeah I forgot about her.

I took the water bottle and took a long sip of it.  I let out a sigh as I felt completely refreshed.

I placed the cap back on the water and looked up to the girl who was still staring at me.

“What?” I asked.

“Name?” she snapped as if she was older than me.

“Kim Jungryu,” I lied to her. I didn’t need any fans knowing that I was in physical therapy. It was hard enough to work out but having fans come to watch would make me want to throw up. I knew they would feel sorry for me and I didn’t need their pity I just needed to get better.

“I swear I saw you somewhere,” she said placing a finger to her lips.

“AH!” Her eyes got very big. “Your Infinite person I mean you’re from Infinite right?”

“,” I mumbled to myself.

“You’re Sungyeol right?” she asked proud of her answer.

“Do I look like a tree?” I asked her.

“Oh you must not be them.” She said taking a step backwards. “You don’t even look like an idol anyways.”

“Little girl you really don’t know me? Ha I’m Kim Sunggyu the leader of Infinite,” I shouted.

The girl smiled, “See I knew you were lying.”

My smile dropped. “You conned me.”

“I didn’t con you I just hurt your ego. All boys are the same well except for…EXO,” she let out a sight after words as if she was thinking about the group.

“Whatever,” I mumbled looking over to the nurse who was now blushing as she talked to the orderly.

Stop flirting and get me out of here.

“So Ajusshi I have a question or you,” she asked me.

“Ajusshi?” I scoffed.

“I mean Oppa I have a question or you,” she said then held out a piece of paper and a pen.

My smile appeared again, “Sure.”

I took the paper and the pen out of her hand. The piece of paper already contained two messy scribbles which were on the bottom of the page ignoring that I scribbled my name on the top right side of the paper.

“Here,” I handed it back to her. was halfway ajar as if I had shocked her by being so welcoming with my signature.

“You better take care of that,” I pointed out.

Her eyes suddenly turned into slits as she bit down on her lip. Her whole body was shaking but I just assumed it was from the excitement of meeting me.

When she spoke her voice came out shaky, “Do you know what you just did?”

“I eh did what you asked,” I replied looking around for help. I had an uneasy feeling when I looked at the girls face.

“WHY WOULD I WANT SOME AJUSSHI SIGNATURE? I was trying to ask if you could have the rest of exo sign this paper because you see this,” she threw the piece of paper in face again  this time pointing  at two messy lines at the bottom of the page. The longer I looked the more I realize it was a signature. “THAT AJUSSHI IS TAO OPPA AND LAY OPPA SIGNATURE!!”

“I eh-”

“AND YOU RUINED IT!” she shouted almost at the point of crying.

“I eh sorry,” I mumbled.

“What's going on?” the nurse asked grabbing ahold of Gayun’s arm.

“THIS A-AJUSSHI RUINED MY EXO’S AUTOGRAPHS!” She wailed as tears rolled down her face.

“You did what?” the nurse turned and looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

“No it’s not what it look like I uh she I mean I thought she wanted my autograph,” I stumbled over my words. “I’m sorry.”

“You’re sorry! You ruined my life!” she wailed.

“Come on Gayun it’s not that bad,” the nurse said rubbing her shoulder. “Plus he said sorry.”

“Yes it is! I don’t want some loser idol next to my exo oppa!” she yelled making my anger boil.

I should be used to girls like this but still I was surprised when I ran into them.

“YAH! You came to bug me first so it’s your own fault! Plus what's so great about exo anyways?” Once the words left my mouth I instantly regretted them. I wasn’t close to exo but I enjoyed a couple of their songs. No one could deny their popularity this year after all the awards they won.

“Take it back!” she yelled.

“No,” I snapped.

“TAKE IT BACK!” she shouted as if I had just assaulted her family.

“No,” I said again shaking my head back and forth.

“Come on Gayun let’s go back to your room,” the nurse said trying to push the crazy girl away.

“Not until he apologizes,” she said stubbornly.

“Then you’re going to have to wait here for years,” I retorted.

“Gayun lets go before I call someone to take you back to your room,” the nurse said in a threatening voice.

Gayun gave one last glare directed towards me then pushed the nurses hand away from her and stomped out the room.

The nurse gave me an apologetic smile as she ran after Gayun.

What a psycho,” I mumbled to myself.

I looked around the room to see that the rest of the patients were looking at me then back to the door that Gayun exited.

“Oh no,” I raised my hand up. “I didn’t do anything wrong.”

I could see it in their face that they thought I was some stuck up idol. No it was that crazy fan that wanted to kill me for signing a simple piece of paper.

“Mr. Kim,” the orderly that the nurse was talking to was now standing in front of me. He was handsome but nothing compared to Infinite’s visual. That thought brought me back to why I was here in the first place. I needed to practice some more so I could finally leave.

“Would you like to go back to your room,” he asked me.

“Actually I would like to stay for a bit,” I smiled.

I needed to accomplish something to show that today wasn’t a totally crappy day.

  

I was more tired today then I was my whole life. Even the 20 hour dance practices didn’t come close to this.

The pretty nurse had come back from dropping psycho pants off than helped wheel me to my room. She was talking about something but I wasn’t really paying attention. I just wanted to be in my bed and covered by ten blankets. I didn’t want to move an inch just lay in my bed staring at the beautiful white ceiling.

“Here we are Mr. Ki-,” she stopped suddenly. “Oh no.”

I looked up to see something that I couldn’t comprehend in my mind. My once neatly organized hospital room now looked like a tornado ran through it.  My bed was wet from what I was hoping was water. There was glass and flowers scattering on the floor but what was worst was that my pictures of infinite and family members were now ripped to pieces under shatter glass.

The nurse carefully ran over to the phone avoiding glass. She dialed a number and quickly placed the phone to her ear. The usual cheerful nurse now looked almost too serious.

“I need security up here,” she said with a voice of urgency.

Through the whole chaos I only had one thought.

“She’s going to pay.”


Vocab:

Rehab/Physical Therapy:

A type of treatment that is used to help improve or restore physical function and fitness level. It can be used to help people recover from surgeries.

Apink:

A six member South Korean girl group that is under Cube Entertainment. They also live in the same building as Infinite and were both on Birth of a Family together.

Bomi:

The leader and lead vocalist of Apink

Dongsaeng:

What you call your younger sibling it can also refer to close younger friends.

Orderly:

A hospital attendant that is responsible for the nonmedical care of patients and maintenance of order and cleanliness.

Ajusshi:

Older man 

EXO:

A 12 member south Korean boy band under SM Entertainment. They separate into two subgroups, Exo-K(orean) and Exo-M(andain). I really hope I didn’t offend any Exo fans because that wasn’t my intentions. Also I’m not making fun of Exo’s fans either it was either going to be EXO or VIXX. Since I was watching EXO ShowTime I decided to make Gayun a fan of them.


Author Notes:

I had this typed up a while ago but I haven’t been feeling good for the past week. Thankfully today I had time to edit it. Also on April 28th was Kim Sunggyu birthday. I hope you had a good birthday and although you don’t know me you inspire me every day to follow my dreams. Thank you Kim Sunggyu for everything you’ve given us.