Part Fifty-Two: Infinite

The Words Unsaid
Part Fifty-Two
Infinite

Hello,

This is the last chapter in the series. I kind of feel like crying but I will try to look on the bright side of things. Also this chapter is not written in anyone Point of View. Please enjoy the ending of The Words Unsaid.

 


The small breakfast laid in front of them should have reminded them of the past years but instead it brought uncertain feelings. After all today was the day the maknae would be laid to rest.

“Are you boys ready?” Hyowan asked at the doorway wearing a nice navy blue suit.

It was the same suit he wore to the Mama awards when Infinite won Best Dance.

The members nodded their heads as they stood up from their seats. They tried to look as presentable as they could with the clothes left at the dorm.

Each one of them glumly walked out of the dorm trying not to think of the events that would soon happen.

“Wait,” Woohyun told the members as he turn around and ran back into the dorm. He return within seconds and apologize to the Hyowan.

“Can we go now?” Hyowan asked the group once again.

The members nodded and they finally started their way to the underground parking garage.

As they piled into the black van they couldn’t help but remember their rookie years of sharing one van. It had been a couple of years since the company had splurged and bought three new vans so they were no longer squished together.

But today they didn’t mind being so close together.

“His parents have the room ready for you guys,” Hyowan told us as he turn the van’s engine on. “We are going to sneak you into the back so you guys won’t have to deal with the reporters and the fans.”

“No,” Woohyun spoke up. “We owe our Inspirits one last goodbye together.”

The rest of the members nodded their heads in agreement.

“If you are sure?” Hyowan looked at us uncertain.

“If anything bad happens I will take full responsibility,” Sunggyu told the manager.

“I will too,” Hoya added.

“Me too and Sungyeol will too,” Myungsoo said as he grabbed ahold of Sungyeol’s arm.

“Myungsoo I can speak for myself,” Sungyeol scoffed pulling his arm away from Myungsoo. “And yes I will take responsibility too.”

“Me too they’re my girlfriends,” Woohyun added.

“Oh god not this again,” Hoya rolled his eyes. “I will also take full responsibility if something happens well that is if Woohyun doesn’t kill them all with his aegyo first.”

The members cracked up at Hoya’s joke as Woohyun frown.

“Shut up Howon no one likes you,” Woohyun laughed.

It was their first time laughing together in months that they had forgotten where they were. More importantly what they were about to do.

“I’ll tell Jung Yeop the new plan,” Hyowan told the members as he pulled out of the parking garage.

The car became quiet once again as the members realize what was their destination.

“Are you sure you’re okay Dongwoo?” Hyowan asked the rapper while driving.

A muffled yes came from Dongwoo as his hands were covering his face.

“We are almost there,” Woohyun softly said into his ear.

“Really,” Dongwoo asked shakily.

“Yes I can see the signs,” Hoya told him as he rubbed his back.

They didn’t realize how scared Dongwoo would be of driving. The manager pointed out it must be some form of Post-Traumatic Stress. Thankfully for Dongwoo he was surrounded by Infinite. They weren’t going to let anything happen to him.

“Get ready boys it’s going to be crazy,” Hyowan told the members as he turn onto the hospital road.

“It’s not going to be that c-“

“Holy ,” Hoya muttered cutting off Sunggyu’s words.

“Holy is right,” Woohyun gasped as he pushed his face closer to the glass.

“Why?” Sunggyu asked with his mouth wide open.

“Is this all for him?” Myungsoo asked shocked.

“This is impossible. No way they’re all here for him,” Sungyeol asked as he tried to get a better view.

The road leading to the hospital was covered in different color candles but that didn’t cause the boys to gasp. It was the hundreds of people wearing different color tee shirts. Each of them were holding light sticks in the air.

“Is that Beast light stick?” Sunggyu asked pointing to a grey section.

“Look there is Exo light stick and ohhh there is Big Bang’s,” Sungyeol pointed out the window.

“I see Kara, Girls Generation, and U-kiss light sticks!” Myungsoo called out.

“There is Tara and oh Shinee,” Woohyun smiled thinking about Key.

“There is 2pm, Bangtan Boys, Spica, Block B, and Mblaq too,” Hoya told them. “Oh and

Big Star.”

“Look there is tons more! Wonder girls too and G.O.D! Wait there are TVXQ fans here too and Shinwha?” Myungsoo sputtered out.

“There is more! Look there is JYJ, After School, Ft Island, FX!” Hoya shouted pointing to the different colors.

“Don’t forget Four Minutes, Btob, Cn Blue, B1a4, and Bap fans over there,” Woohyun added.

“And the Miss A, BoA, A Pink, and Teen Top fans oh and ZE:A,” Sunggyu added to the long list of fans. “Look there is Super Junior fans.”

“This is crazy,” Dongwoo sighed who was no longer looking at the ground.

“WOAH 2ne1 fans are here too and so are Winner and Ikons fans.” Sungyeol added excitedly even though he was thinking more about Sandra Park then the Blackjacks.

“Look there is Vixx, Red Velvet,Got7 fans oh and epic high??” Hoya sputtered out.

“Wait where?” Woohyun asked trying to find the Epik High fan club. After everything the company had put Tablo through his fans had still came to support the youngest.

“AOA is right there,” Hoya said thinking about his friends in the group. “Oh there is Sistar, Nine Muses, Nuest, IU, Dal Shabet, and Girls Day fan clubs!”

“Don’t forget Boyfriend and Rainbow, Top Dogg, Exid, and Seventeen!” Myungsoo yelled.

The sidewalks were like a colorful rainbow with all the different fandom placed together. Each one of them was holding up their fandom glow stick as if they were candles.

The van turn the final corner and they were suddenly surrounded by mental gold pearl. Each of them were wearing a yellow tee shirt that contain a simple sentence.

“We will see you again one day.”

The fans were crying as they held the infinity symbol into the air.

“Are they singing something?” Hoya asked leaning closer to the window.

As soon as Sunggyu open the window the words filled the car.

Come back again!

Come back again!

Come back again!

“They’re singing our debut song,” Sunggyu sputtered out.

“They all are,” Myungsoo pointed to the other fandoms that were singing along to the song.

It was as if the fandoms had forgotten about the petty fan wars or their differences and came together to give Sungjong an amazing and loving goodbye.

It choked the boys up to know that there was so much love for their maknae.

The van stopped in front of the hospital entrance. There was a barricade separating the fans from them so they could safely enter the hospital. But most of the fans had stayed away from the entrance as if to give them privacy.

“Ready? We can do this,” Sunggyu told them but they all could see he was nervous.

They nodded their head then they open the door and one by one they jumped out. They were used to the screaming after all they were idols but they weren’t ready for what they heard next.

The song changed from Come Back Again to Last Romeo as they began to sing one verse over and over again.

I will protect you no matter what hardship comes.

Woohyun brushed away the tears that were falling from his face.

“They still care,” he muttered to himself as Dongwoo hugged him.

“Of course they do,” Hoya laughed.

“Inside boys,” Hyowan urge them.

The boys gave one last look to the pearl metal gold crowd then the rainbow crowd behind them then they entered the hospital.

If outside was like a music festival then inside was like watching paint dry. Some nurses gave them looks of sympathy while others just glared at them.

In all of the commotion we had forgotten that there were actually people sick and those who were trying to work here.

Sunggyu bow his head in apology then he ran after the rest of the members who were already in the elevator.

“That was amazing,” Woohyun gasped thinking about the hundreds of people that were still standing in front of the hospital.

“I expected seeing some of our fans but not all of that,” Hoya admitted.

The members nodded their heads in agreement.

The elevator dinged and the door slid open to Sungjong’s floor.

“Dr. Woonha,” Dongwoo called as he ran to the doctor who was standing against the wall holding a clipboard.

“Oh hello Dongwo-“

His words were cut off when the rapper pulled him into a hug.

“You came,” Dongwoo smile as he pulled away from the Doctor.

“Well of course I came Dongwoo,” he told him then he turn his attention to the members who were standing in front of him.

‘Oh you must be Dongwoo’s bandmates. I’m Dr. Woonha,” he introduced himself.

“Yes Dongwoo has told us a lot about you,” Woohyun added.

“I’m sure only good things,” Dr. Woonha chuckled.

“Of course doctor!” Dongwoo added.

“Thank you once again Doctor for everything you have done for our maknae,” Sunggyu thank him.

“It was no problem. Sungjong was a treat to have around while Dongwoo...” Dr. Woonha looked at Dongwoo who was swaying back and forth.

“Oh yes we know how Dongwoo can be,” Hoya added as he placed his arm around the rappers waist to steady him. “Amazingly he’s not even drunk right now.”

“Sometimes I question if he’s really sane,” Dr. Woonha sighed. “Now I’m going to bring you to Sungjong so you can-“

“Woonha I thought you were banned from this hospital?” a voice called from the hallway. Three men wearing bright white coats and holding clipboard came to a stop in front of the group.

“Dr. Jin?” Hoya stepped forward to get a better look at the older doctor. “Weren’t you Sungjong’s primary doctor?”

Dr. Jin smirked as if he had just heard a funny joke. “I was until Sungjong was transferred to a quack.”

The two doctors behind him forcefully laugh at the not so funny joke.

“Hey,” Dongwoo shouted. “That is no-“

“Dongwoo I got this,” Dr. Woonha interjected. “Now to answer your question yes Jin I’m no longer able to practice medicine in this hospital. That doesn’t mean I’m not allowed to say goodbye to a friend.”

“You’re lucky if I was the director I wouldn’t even let you breathe the same air as me. Just remember that I have eyes everywhere and the minute I see something wrong I’ll call the cops,” Jin warn him.

Then Dr. Woonha did something unexpected he smiled.

“I wouldn’t expect anything less from you professor,” Dr. Woonha replied.

Dr. Jin’s face dropped and he looked speechless for a couple of minutes till one of his colleague let out a loud cough.

He cleared his throat and glared at Dr. Woonha. “I’ll be watching.”

Then he turn down a nearby hallway leaving the members shock at what they just witness.

“Who was that?” Dongwoo asked Dr. Woonha.

“He was my teacher in university,” Dr. Woonha admitted.

“Your what?” Dongwoo choked in surprise.

“Yes he was my teacher but he wasn’t always as dull and annoying. He got me my first job here and everything was fine till my daughter…” he trailed off. “Listen basically I messed up and he’s angry at me for ruining his status but we are not here to listen to my life story. Sungjong’s parents already said goodbye so now it’s your turn before...anyways lets go.”

Dr. Woonha started to walk down the hallways heading to Sungjong’s room.  In those five minutes the boys thought of memories of Sungjong. Some happy and some sad but most of them were happy.

“I’m not sure if I can do this,” Sungyeol told Myungsoo.

“Do it for Sungjong….Do it for Infinite,” Myungsoo replied shakily.

Sungyeol nodded his head but Myungsoo knew how nervous he really was. Hell they were all nervous.

“Oh here we are,” Dr. Woonha said when we reached a door that contained no name. “I’ll wait outside.”

Then he slid open the door revealing the youngest member lying on the bed. Dongwoo and Myungsoo who were used to Sungjong’s state walked in immediately. While the rest of the members stayed frozen in their spots as they stared at the youngest.

His hair was much longer almost as long as it was during before the dawn era. His face was pale and clear of any scratches that he received from the accident. Tubes and wires were connected to random places on his body making him look like some type of mad scientist experiment.

“It’s real,” Woohyun sputtered out as he looked at s faces.

“Come on we can do this,” Dongwoo reassured him as he grabbed his hand and led him into the room.

“Dongwoo is right,” Sunggyu said emotionless. “We can do this.”

The rest of the members slowly walked into the room as Dr. Woonha shut the door behind them.

The room was silent except for the occasional beeps that would send shivers down their spines.

“I see they removed the tube out of his throat,” Dongwoo said drily.

The members surrounded the maknae and for the first time in months all seven members of Infinite were together in one room.

“Hey Jongie everyone is here for you,” Dongwoo told him as he patted his head.

“This is stupid it’s not even like he can hear us,” Woohyun pointed out.

“Some studies actually says he can,” Dongwoo added looking up. “But even if he can’t it is still nice to say goodbye.”

Woohyun shook his head. “I’m sorry it’s just hard.”

Dongwoo nodded his head. “I know it is.”

“It looks like he’s sleeping,” Sunggyu pointed out.

“Spooky isn’t it,” Myungsoo added as he took a hold of Sungjong’s hand.

“How about we give each other some space to say goodbye,” Sunggyu suggested to the members.

They nodded in agreement than Woohyun spoke up. “Let’s go from birth order so Sunggyu you’re up.”

For one second Sunggyu looked uncertain then he nodded his head and the rest of the members filed out of the hospital room.

When the door closed Sunggyu turn his attention to the youngest member.

“Hey Sungjong,” Sunggyu said uncertainly as he took the empty seat next to Sungjong’s bed. He rubbed his leg trying to ease the pain. It had been bothering him the whole day but he kept brushing it off because he didn’t want another thing on Infinite's plate. He let out a sigh as he ran his hand through his hair.

“So Sungjong….why is this so hard,” he sighed. “I guess this might be easy if you could snap at me or go hit your teddy bear? I wouldn’t even mind if you hit me a couple of times,” he smiled then he realized that this wasn’t a time to be smiley. “I used to think that you would kill me in my sleep because of all the stress I put you under. I didn’t want to yell at you but I only did it because I cared.”

"You know I never thought I would be the one saying goodbye especially like this. In some aspects I thought I would be the first to die out of everyone because I'm older and I get sick the easiest but that's beside the point. I guess I have to say goodbye I mean the others are expecting me to right? Why is this so hard?" He brushed away the tears.

"You know that I love your right and I always will. I received your gift and it's more than I ever expected and I'm s-sorry."

He took a deep breath trying to calm his body.

"I'm sorry that I took my anger out on you and I nagged you. I'm sorry that I told you to take my seat. Most of all I'm sorry that the last memory of me was of us fighting. But you have to know that I didn't mean the things I said. That I'm not mad at you anymore and I'm sorry. You will forever be our maknae Lee Sungjong."

He bent down and kissed the young boy.

"Goodbye my lemons candy boy."

Then he straightened his suit and brushed away his tears. After all he is the leader and he must be strong.

Sunggyu left the room and was shortly replaced by Dongwoo. He was sobbing heavily as snot slid down his nose into his mouth.

“S-Sungjong,” he sobbed as he grabbed ahold of Sungjong’s hand.

“I told myself that I was going to hold it together but you know me I’m like a water balloon one sharp poke and I fall to pieces. I promise that I tried everything I could to save you and if there was another way I would find it but your parents want to let you go. Maybe they are right to let you go? But I ju-” he paused looking at the youngest. “I just don’t know if I can really let you go it’s not that I don’t want to it’s just the thoughts of letting you die is almost unbearable. If I hadn’t wanted food then we wouldn’t have been in this situation. I’m sorry. I’m sorry that I put you in this position but you have to know that it was an accident. That I didn’t mean for you to be in this bed.”

He took a deep breath trying to calm his shaking hands.

“I really do love you...you know that right? I know in that letter you told me that I was a hyung you could depend on but the truth is you are a dongsaeng I can depend on more. You were always there to listen to my random conversations. Most of the members would yell at me or just ignore me. You let me sleep in your bed after you made me watch scary movies. You also yelled at Woohyun and Sungyeol when they were pulling too many pranks on me. You were the best dongsaeng that anyone could have asked for. Now I have to say g-goodbye.”

He took a deep breath.

“Goodbye the fearless Lee Sungjong and thank you for everything.”

Dongwoo looked the maknae up and down taking in every inch of him. He let out one more sob before he slowly left the room.

Woohyun walked into the room slowly as if he felt uncomfortable with the whole idea of saying goodbye. He took a seat next to Sungjong’s bed but didn’t speak a word. Instead he scanned Sungjong’s hospital room.

“You know they should have made this room a lot nicer,” he scoffed. “I know they just transferred you here and everything but they could have at least brought some flowers or something to make this a bit more cheerful. Hell what am I saying you’re going to die what’s cheerful about that,” he sputtered out. “Sorry.”

He ran his hand through his hair as he let out a defeated sigh.

“I never was good at saying goodbye even to our fans. You know they didn’t mean to cause the accident? Our fans can be a handful but they would never hurt us no not our fans. There are fans out there who want to hurt us but those are not our Inspirits. So please don’t blame them okay? If you have to blame someone then blame us or me. We shouldn’t have been so mean to you in the past. We should have been more sensitive to you during puberty when everything was going haywire. Most of all I should have been there for you.” Tears had started to fall hitting the white sheets.

“I’m sick of crying,” Woohyun wiped his tears angrily. “The others might want to let you go but I can’t. I won’t so Lee Sungjong stop being so selfish and get out of that bed! Just move one finger or blink one eye….just do something!”

Seconds passed as Woohyun stared down at the unmoving body.

“Dongwoo say that coma patients can hear voices in their dreams so I will tell you one last time. LEE SUNGJONG WAKE THE FLIP UP!” Woohyun’s voice was raw as if all the emotions had finally left his body.

“Fine,” he cried then he bent down and kissed the maknae’s forehead.

“Goodbye my strong maknae.”

Woohyun fixed his suit then pushed himself to walk out of the room.

Next Hoya walked in with a frown on his face. He took Woohyun’s seat then grabbed ahold of the maknae’s hand.

“Hey it’s me,” he sputtered out. “I mean it's Hoya…can you even hear me right now?”

He lean over to get a better look at Sungjong’s face but when he realize what he was doing he moved away.

“They want me to say goodbye to you now Sungjong. They want to me to let you go…and I know it’s the right thing to do.”

He ran his hand through his hair. “Although right now it doesn’t feel like the right thing to do. I know your parents are tired of seeing their son in this bed so we have to respect their wishes. We have to say goodbye to you. That way your family will no longer be in pain. You’re not in pain right?”

Hoya shook his head.

“I keep on thinking that you’re going to talk back to me. I’m sorry that I didn’t visit sooner although I don’t think it matters now,” Hoya sighed. “I just wished I could talk to you. You know how we used to talk late at night? You became my first friend and the one I always held close to my heart. Even after Infinite debut and we made new friends outside the group we were still able to sit on that rooftop and talk. I’m so grateful for those talks and I will never forget any of them. I will never forget you Lee Sungjong.”

Hoya bent over and kissed his forehead softly than stood up.

“Goodbye my dearest friend.”

Hoya took a deep breath then left the room trying to hold back his tears.

Next a shaking Sungyeol and Myungsoo entered the room. Myungsoo was holding back his tears as he helped Sungyeol into the seat next to Sungjong’s bed.

“Sungjong I brought Sung-“

“Shut up Myungsoo,” Sungyeol scoffed crossing his arms.

Myungsoo frown. “Well if you are going to act like that then I’ll just let you say goodbye by yoursel-“

“No!” Sungyeol snapped then he frown. “I-I just don’t want to say goodbye by myself. He just looks too dead right now already an-“

“It’s okay Sungyeol,” Myungsoo patted his back. “I’m sad too.”

“No it’s my fault that you are here Sungjong and even though everyone tells me it’s not secretly I know it’s true. I want to say sorry to you for everything. For the fight we had before the accident over that stupid radio show. The idiotic thing is I knew you were joking. But because I was lacking self-confidence I thought you were taking a jab at me. I thought that you really meant those things about me. Maybe you do hell who knows now. But what I’m trying to say is I’m going to miss you. I’m really going to miss you,” Sungyeol wiped away the tears that were rolling down his face as Myungsoo hugged him. “Now that you are finally going to rest in peace I know that I have to forgive myself. You know I should have been here a long time ago but the guilt clouded my mind and made me act like complete idiot.

“Sungyeol,” Myungsoo breathed out as he hugged him tightly.

“No matter where you go we will still be best friends and we will still be the three youngest in a group full of idiots. I’m really going to miss you Sungjong. Goodbye my favorite nightmare.”

Myungsoo was already sobbing heavily as he listens to Sungyeol’s words.

“You know we really do love you,” his voice cracked. “I really do love you. I love taking your photos, hugging you, cuddling with you, and talking to you. You were there for me when I needed someone to cry on. You were always there for me but I can’t remember a time I was there for you. Does that make me a bad hyung?” Myungsoo sobbed. “I’m sorry Sungjong. I’m sorry that there is nothing more I can do or say. I’m sorry that I couldn’t find a way to save you. You were right I wasn’t jealous when you took my title of maknae. I thought there was going to be someone else in the team that could understand my hardships. Although you didn’t stand for the hyungs teasing unlike me. I’m happy that you were placed in the team and I’m happy that I was able to become one of your best friends. You know Sungyeol is right we are going to be friends forever even after you…die. Because our memories are stolen away in photos and videos Every time I get sad about you I will look at another memory. I will remember your smile…the way you laughed with your mouth wide open. Even the way you snapped at the Hyungs. I will remember it all because you are unforgettable Sungjong.”

Myungsoo took a deep breath and grabbed ahold of Sungyeol’s hand tightly.

“Goodbye my favorite memory.”

Sungyeol stood up from his chair and wrapped his arms around Myungsoo who was crying loudly.

“It’s okay,” Sungyeol sputtered out between his own tears.

But they both knew that it would never be okay without Sungjong.

They must have been standing there hugging each other for a long time because there was a quiet knock on the door.

The door slid open revealing the grey faces of the members.

“Are you okay yo-“

Dongwoo stopped when he saw the two members red puffy eyes.

“Myungsoo….Sungyeol,” he sighed as he ran to the two youngest and pulled them into a bear hug.

The rest of the members entered the room and slid the door shut behind them.

“The doctors need to….”Sunggyu paused.

“So that’s it,” Hoya let out a sigh as he ran his hand through his hair.

“There isn’t anything else we can do,” Dongwoo said as he rubbed Myungsoo’s back.

“I just can’t do it,” Woohyun told the members. “I know I have been an to you guys but the truth is I’m scared.”

“We all are,” Sunggyu told Woohyun. “We are here because we are brothers and it’s only right for us to say goodbye together.”

“Then let’s do it properly,” Dongwoo added as he pulled away from the two youngest and grabbed ahold of Sungjong’s hand.

Sunggyu shot him a strange look. “Wha-“

Then Dongwoo started to sing one line.

“I remember that feeling from a long ago when I looked at you.”

The other members all looked at him like he had finally gone crazy. Then Myungsoo walked next to Dongwoo and took his hand and gave him a small smile.

“I knew you, you knew me I remember that time.” He sang through the tears.

Without missing a beat Hoya slid almost gracefully next to Myungsoo and started to sing the next line.

“I wanted to be like you, to hang out with you. I think about those desperate times again.”

They all paused because they knew that the next part belonged to the person laying in the bed next to them.

“But it was merely a memory,” Sunggyu sang walking forward.

Then Woohyun joined him and finished the last of the verse. “A memory that has passed away.”

“Come on Sungyeol,” Woohyun grabbed the tall member’s hand and soon they were all holding hands surrounding Sungjong.

“1….2….3,” Sunggyu counted.

“And can you smile,” they all sang in harmony. It had been a long time since they had sung so of course some of the members’ voices were shaky or cracking. All of that didn’t matter. No it did not matter one bit because all that matter was saying goodbye.

“You want this, you hope for this,” Woohyun sang with his eyes closed as if he was trying to imagine he was back in front of a crowded concert. “With only my heart. I can’t seem to have you.”

All the members sang once again. “And can you smile?”

“I said to leave,” Sunggyu’s voice crack as tears were falling down his face. “I said I’m okay. In the end it seems I can give you nothing but this.”

“Yeah eh, yeah eh, yeah eh,” the members sang as they rock back and forth trying to get into the beat.

“Yeah eh, yeah eh, yeah eh.”

Dongwoo rubbed Sungjong’s hand as he scanned over the youngest face. “I remember a long time ago when I received your heart.”

Myungsoo who was crying so hard could barely get through his lines. “You were overflowing to me, and I was thankful.”

“We loved each other, we were at our happiest,” Hoya put as much passion as he could in those few words. “Then we came across farewell, and you were overflowing.”

Then Sungyeol sang his first line and as shaky as it was it was still perfect. “I’m sorry. I can’t hold you back.”

“Can you smile?” they all sang together not caring who had what part. “You want this, you hope for this with only my heart I can’t seem to hope for this. And can you smile?”

Sunggyu took a deep breath and sang the last line.

“I said to leave that I’m okay.”

After a couple minutes of silence Sunggyu was the first one to speak up.

“We said our peace now it’s time for us to leave,” his voice was rough as if he was about to break again.

“Bye,” Dongwoo bent down and kissed the maknae forehead then slowly whispered something into his ear. Once he was done he bow and slowly backed away letting the other members say goodbye.

Hoya pulled out a photograph and placed it next to Sungjong. It didn’t take the members long to recognize the small photo. It was of Sungjong and Hoya during their trainee years. Their faces were close together as they hugged each other tightly. Hoya grabbed Sungjong’s hand and gave it a quick squeeze then slowly joined Dongwoo.

Sunggyu tucked Sungjong’s hair behind his ear then straighten the cross that was hanging from his neck. He hummed a song as he rubbed Sungjong’s arms as if to give him some comfort before death. He bow to Sungjong for the first time then joined Hoya and Dongwoo by the door.

Next Sungyeol grabbed ahold of Sungjong’s hand and just stared at him. As if he was trying to remember the memories of Sungjong and him. He gave it a tight squeeze then join the rest of the members. Woohyun pulled out a bottle of banana milk and set it next to his hand.

“I’m sorry,” Woohyun told him then he back away.

Myungsoo the last member to say goodbye threw himself onto to Sungjong and cried loudly. None of the members had the heart to pull the youngest away as he stain Sungjong with tears.

Minutes had passed before Myungsoo was calm down enough to pull himself away from Sungjong.

“I-I will never forget you,” he sputtered out wiping away his tears.

“Come here Myungsoo,” Dongwoo held out his arms for the youngest. Dongwoo embraced him as the other members joined together for a group hug.

“He knows that he was loved by all of us,” Sunggyu spoke up.

“We are still brothers,” Dongwoo added as if he needed to reassure himself.

A slight thud caught their attention as they pulled away. The small bottle of banana milk Woohyun had just left for Sungjong was now rolling back to them.

“Must have fallen,” Woohyun shrugged as he picked it up from the floor. He walked across the room to place it on the bed again.

“Here you go Sungjong,” Woohyun told him and placed the milk in his hand again.

“Let's hurry up and go so Sungjong’s parents can see him once more,” Woohyun told them.

The members nodded then they gave one last look at Sungjong before they open the door.

“Goodbye,” Sunggyu whispered as they slowly started to exit the room. They only made it a couple of steps from the room when Myungsoo stopped in his tracks.

“Do you hear that?” Myungsoo asked the group.

“What are you talking about?” Sunggyu shot him questioning stare.

“That noise?” Myungsoo told them as he walked in circles looking for the source.

“Wha-“

All of sudden Myungsoo took off running straight to Sungjong’s hospital room.

“What are you doing?” Hoya asked as they followed the youngest.

As soon as they entered the small hospital room they saw Myungsoo next to Sungjong’s bed.

“Come on Soo we have to leave,” Sungyeol said taking his hand.

“No I heard it,” Myungsoo told them with eyes. “I heard him.”

“Myungsoo don’t be silly the tests came back negative. There is nothing more we can do,” Dongwoo reminded him.

“I know but…” Myungsoo looked at Sungjong with such determination that it felt as if he was willing him to wake up.

“Sometimes you hear the things you want,” Woohyun added.

“I just thought,” Myungsoo sighed running his hand through his hair. “You are right I’m being silly.

Then suddenly the bottle that Woohyun had just gifted Sungjong started to roll off the bed and on to the floor.

“What the?” Hoya sputtered out.

Then as if all their wishes and prayers had been answered and their stars were perfectly a lined something breathtaking happen.

His second finger on his right hand gave a small twitch.

“H-He’s waking up,” Sunggyu sputtered out.

The End

 


Hello,

How did you like the last chapter of The Words Unsaid? Did you cry? Did you hate it? Was the ending surprising? I can believe it’s over! What am I going to do with myself?  Don’t be too sad okay. I’m sorry that I took so long to post it too, For some reason Asianfanfic was down or my computer was spazzing out. I’m not sure which one but I still hope you guys like the ending.

-Morgan