Part Thirty-Four: Hoya

The Words Unsaid
Part Thirty-Four
Hoya
 
Happy Birthday Grandpa Gyu!!
Reminder:
Hoya lied about his real name and he is going by Minwoo.

I don’t want to do this. I thought to myself as I pushed through the crowds of people in the street.
A simple delivery.
 Matt had told me hours ago but it felt more like a complicated math problem. The backpack he had given me felt as if it was full of rocks. I turned into a small alley way away from the crowds of people.
Just follow the rules and get back to the Cave. If I showed Matt that I can do this then maybe he would let me leave. Although in the back of my mind I knew it was impossible.
The alley way was dirty and it slightly smelled like cat pissed and cigars but I knew that these walls had seen worse than that. At the end of the alley way was a green door the same door Matt had inform me to use. As soon as my hand landed on the rusted door handle my stomach hurled into my chest.
I shouldn’t be here. I wanted to run back to Seoul back to Infinite.
“Shut up Hoya,” I gritted through my teeth.
It’s your fault that you’re in this situation. If you just listen to Appa then you wouldn’t have been in this situation now you must suffer the consequences.
I open the door sending a loud creaking noise up the wooden staircase. Whoever was waiting for me was now aware of my presence. I took each step slowly as if I was trying to find a way to stop time. But this wasn’t some EXO music video or superhero movie. Within a couple of minutes I was standing at the top of the staircase. The room itself was small almost smaller than our first dorm. In the corner of the room was a old dirty rusted toilet and a small shower hose next to it. The décor of the room matched the yellow peeling wall paper. Except these little details flew over my head when my eyes reached a figure. Standing in front of me with his back turned holding onto a suitcase in his right hand.
I step forward and cleared my throat. “Mr. W-“
The man turn around with wide eyes as the suitcase fell to the floor with a loud clang. I step backwards almost falling down the staircase as I stared at his face. His baby face was now slimmer showing his true age. He was always worried about his appearance but now he stood in front of me with dirty clothes and messy hair. There was a nasty bruise covering the right side of his face. I wanted to ask him what happen but I was too distracted by his presence.
“Hoya,” his voice seems thick and unnatural it was almost like I had forgotten what his voice sounds like.
“Namstar or should I call you Woohyun since we are no longer on stage,” I didn’t mean for the words to come out rough but I couldn’t help myself.
“I don’t understand,” Woohyun sputtered out. “You shouldn’t be here.”
“Bu-“
“I don’t understand,” Woohyun muttered again taking a step towards me. “Listen Hoya I don’t know how you found this place but you need to leave before something bad happens.”
“Why are you here? Why aren’t you in Seoul?” I questioned Woohyun ignoring his strange pleas.
I took a deep breath. Did Matt mess up the address it seem highly unlikely unless-
“Woohyun what is taking so long” a voice asked from behind me causing me to jump to the side.  His face was rough and there were small scars that covered his face. He was wearing a leather jacket that contained different patches of skulls or bloody dolls. I took a deep breath stepping away from the crazy looking man.
“Oh,” he smiled when his eyes landed on me. I wanted to run away but first I wanted to know why Woohyun was here and why did he know this man.
“What are you doing here,” Woohyun snapped at the man.
“Oh Woohyun do you really think the boss would let you do this on your own,” the man pointed out to him.
“Mr. Woo I can handle it,” Woohyun grunted. “But there has been an mistake and we need to go.”
 “You’re Mr. Woo,” I said slowly.
The man’s eyes grew wide. “Ahh you’re Hoya send my best to Matt for me. Come on Woohyun it’s time for business,” Mr. Woo ordered pointing to me.
“What!” Woohyun and I both shouted.
My whole body felt tingly as my blood rushed to my face. I was sure that my cheeks were burning bright red. My eyes stayed on the floor as the awkward silence passed through the room. I couldn’t comprehend what the man had just said and where did Woohyun fit into this problem.
“Sorry it’s his first time but you have the money right,” Mr. Woo turned to me.
My bag slowly fell from my shoulders as if I couldn’t handle the weight anymore.
“I don’t understand,” Woohyun sputtered out.
“What do you not understand?” Mr. Woo asked. “You,” he pointed to Woohyun. “Give him the drugs.” Then he turn to look at me. “You give him the money. How complicated can a drug trade be?”
“You’re a druggy,” Woohyun looked at me with wide eyes.
“You’re a drug dealer,” I spitted back making him cringe.
“Kid are you going to buy drugs or what?” Mr. Woo snapped.
I shakily bent down and grabbed ahold of the canvas backpack, I felt the rough fabric against my fingertips.  I grabbed ahold of the zipper and open the bag and pulled out a white pouch that contained stacks of bills I held them up and the man called Mr. Woo grabbed the pouch and counted each bill quickly.
“It’s all there,” I said quietly.
Mr. Woo nodded and looked at Woohyun than pointed his finger.  Woohyun slowly handed me the black old suitcase. I open it and counted the nasty vials quietly. Although I was embarrassed and confused I still couldn’t mess up this trade.
With a sigh I closed the suitcase and looked up at my former bandmate and what I assumed to be his friend.
How we have fallen.
“Give us a minute Mr. Woo,” Woohyun told the man.
Mr. Woo shot Woohyun a glare and crossed his arms. “You better not think of running away Woohyun.” Then he turned and looked at me once again. “Matt says you’re a fighter a really good one at that. I put money on you tonight so don’t mess it up. Oh and don’t forget to take your vitamins.” He pointed to the suitcase I was holding.
My stomach dropped as the air was pushed out of my lungs as I looked at Woohyun. He was staring at me with his mouth wide open and I wanted to tell him it was all lies but I couldn’t move my mouth.
As soon as the outside door closed silence erupted sending chills down my spine. Woohyun scoffed as he walked closer to me as if to get a better look at the disaster I had become.
“I thought you were in Seoul,” I pointed out hoping to distract him from the elephant in the room.
“I thought you were at your house,” he told me.
“It didn’t work out,” I admitted truthfully.
“So you became a druggie?” he snapped sending chills up my spine.
“You don’t understand!” I snapped back but how could I explain this situation. 
“What don’t I understand? Do you even know what the drug is called? It’s th-“
“Boost,” I interrupted him.
“Why do you need it? That’s a high class of steroids it could kill you! How did it turn out this way!?” Woohyun yelled frustrated.
“What do you think? I needed a boost,” I snapped but he had to know I was lying. I wanted to tell him everything that had happen in the last few months but my pride wouldn’t let me. My pride had ruined my relationship with my family and caused me to be in this situation.
“What about you Woohyun? Why are you here and more importantly why are you selling drugs!” I snapped taking out my frustrations on the member in front of me. I wanted to hold back my words and hug him but I couldn’t.
What type of monster had I become.
“It’s complicated,” he answered simply but I could tell that there was something else. Something that he wasn’t telling me but I didn’t want to push it. Instead I was focusing on this red hot feeling that was running up my spine. The anger that I had kept in check all these years could now be unleased over a broken glass.
“It’s complicated!!” I scoffed. “If Sunggyu could see you now.”
“You’re one to talk druggie,” he snapped back.
 “Shut up,” I snapped taking a step forward but I knew I needed to run away. I need to get away before I hurt more people I love.
“Or what you’re going to stab me with your drugs,” he snarled back. “Let’s just face it Hoya maybe this was how it was always meant to be-“
As soon as the words left his mouth my mind snapped red and my fist slammed into his dirty cheek. Woohyun fell to the floor like a broken doll.
 “Yo-“
“Woohyun let’s g..oh,” a voice came from the doorway.
“Mr. Woo,” Woohyun announced to the room.
“Sorry about that,” Mr. Woo reached for Woohyun’s hand but he ignored it and stood up.
“Save it for tonight,” Mr. Woo gave me a toothless smile. “Come on Woohyun lets go the boss wants his money.”
But I didn’t want Woohyun to leave just yet. I wanted to know why he was here. Most importantly I wanted him to know that I wasn’t a druggie.
“You come too,” I said pointing to Woohyun.
Mr. Woo laughed and patted Woohyun’s head. “Woohyun doesn’t like fighting do you.”
“I’ll go,” Woohyun told me holding on to his now swelling cheek.
“Oh Woobaby you’re full of surprise,” Mr. Woo laughed as he grabbed ahold of Woohyun’s shoulder. I wanted to rip that man’s hand away but I knew I had no place to do so. We were now on different path as much I hated to think so.
“Whatever,” Woohyun scoffed. “Lets go.”
I wanted to yell at Woohyun and tell him to stay away but instead I just watched him walk away with his stupid friend.
The suitcase I was now holding felt heavy against my rough hands. I wanted to throw the dumb suitcase at the wall but I knew better. The phone Matt had given me started to ring and I knew it was him. He always kept a close eye on me now that he knew who I was. He made sure that I knew that my name would be in headlines if I decided to run. Videos of my fights would be uploaded to the world and my family and even Infinite would hate me.
I swallowed hard.
I had become a lap dog.
 
“Here,” I shoved the vials on Matt’s desk.
“Took you forever,” Matt snapped as he picked up the bag from his desk.
“I don’t want to do this anymore,” I shouted taking a step back away from Matt’s desk.
“What do you mean Hoya?”  Matt stared up at me from the vials.
“I don’t want to be your lap dog,” I said between gritted teeth. “You knew about him didn’t you?”
“About who Hoya?” Matt said sighing.
“My bandmate,” I answered simply.
“Why would I know your bandmate,” Matt asked tiredly.
“Because he was there,” I yelled at him.
Matt laughed. “Destiny is a weird thing isn’t it.”
I could feel the red hot coils running up my spine as violent thoughts passed through my mind. “You knew he was going to be there to do the trade.”
Matt laughed. “I didn’t know anything Hoya. But why does it matter if your bandmate saw you. It’s not like you’re ever going home.”
“I want to leave,” I told him sternly.
“Like I said you can’t leave,” Matt pointed out.
“I don’t care anymore,” I told him truthfully. “I mess up and it’s time to take the consequences.”
As much as I wanted to fight away my problems I knew I couldn’t. Plus I couldn’t bare the look that Woohyun had given me just a couple of hours ago. It was like I was someone new that he couldn’t recognize but the same could be said for him. I felt trapped even suffocating here and if I stay then it would only get worst. My image was already gone so why not push the last button.
“You’re not leaving Hoya,” Matt told me smiling.
“I’ll run away,” I told him truthfully.
“No you won’t,” Matt said shaking his head.
“You can’t keep me here,” I yelled as my hand made a fist. It wasn’t fair and it wasn’t right.
“Yes I can Hoya,” Matt told me as he grabbed his phone off his desk.
“I’m going to le-“
“Bring him in,” Matt said into the phone.
“What are you doing Matt,” I asked him as I studied his face.
“I just want to show you something Hoya.”
The grin was still on his face when the door open revealing Chunghee holding onto Joonshu arm as he dragged into the room.
“Joonshu,” I took step forward but stopped when I saw his face. His once happy face was now covered in dark bruises and deep red cuts down his arms. There was dried blood on his chin that trailed down to his green tee shirt.
We’re fighters but this wasn’t done in a match no this was done because of me.
“Joonsu,” I said again taking a step forward trying to grab his hand but Chunghee pulled him away.
“What did you do,” I shouted looking at Matt who was standing there with a smudged look on his face.
“I can’t hurt my best fighter but I can hurt him,” Matt told me. “Or Chunghee can.”
My eyes snapped to the ape of fighter Chunghee who was holding onto Joonshu arm tightly.
“You were running late so I had to take out my frustrations on someone,” Matt told me simply. “Every time you mess up Joonshu will be getting your punishment. If you leave don’t you dare think I won’t kill him.”
“You can’t,” I sputtered out trying to stop the red hot anger from getting the best of me.
“You can’t stop me,” Matt said with a smirk. “Take him back to his room Chunghee.”
Chunghee nodded then dragged a half conscious Joonshu out of the room. I wanted to run after him to save him but I was in Matt’s kingdom with all his warriors a phone call away.
“Now go take a nap Hoya. Tonight is going to be fun,” Matt laughed. “Remember Hoya once again I own you.”
I stomped out of the Matts office trying to do the best not to break down. I couldn’t let my friend suffer because of me. I couldn’t let someone die because of me.
“Minwoo,” a voice called but ignored it.
“MINWOO!” It called again than I felt a hand grab my shoulder roughly bring me to the floor.
“WHAT!” I screamed looking up at the figure that was standing above me. It was Myungok who was holding a black velvet bag.
“Let’s play doctor,” he said smirking as he patted the bag.
The boost.
No it wasn’t time for that yet. I thought if I could stall I could slip under Matt gaze but I knew that would never happen.
Matt was pure evil.

Notes:

Hello,
Sorry that I haven't been updating lately. I've been really busy with moving into a new house with my roommates. But I hope you guys enjoy this chapter! Do you hate Matt? He reminds me of a type of guy who looks really chill on the outside but in the inside he is just plain evil. Are you guys suprised about Woohyun delievering the drugs? I actually had that part planned out since the minute this story popped into my head. Thank you guys for reading!

PS...Happy Birthday to Sunggyu even though it was yesterday but still happy birthday. 
I can’t believe that you are already 27 (Korean age) pretty soon you will be going into the army. NOOO!! Okay let’s not think about that. By the way you guys you should check out his new album coming on next week called 27. I can’t wait to buy the album!