Part Thirty-Eight: Woohyun

The Words Unsaid
Part Thirty-Eight
Woohyun
He was the last thing on my mind when I entered the warehouse with Hyojin at my side.
“Woohyun,” he sputtered out.
“Sunggyu,” I replied with wide eyes.
“What are you doing Woohyun? Who is that girl,” Mr. Choi asked me. 
I tighten my grip on Hyojin’s arm making sure that there was no possible way she could escape. I might have been holding onto her a little harsher then I should have been but I couldn’t help it.
There was no way I was going to let her escape out of my fingertips once again.
 “Do you know each other?” Jongsuk asked pointing to Sunggyu who was laying on the ground.
It took everything in my body not to run to him. He looked tired and dirty and the crutches on the floor next to him were a reminder of the accident. 
I should have been excited to see him but I was just full of dread. I didn’t want anyone else to see my downfall but maybe he was here to take me home. Maybe he was hope.
“I ran into him once,” I answered trying to drop any emotions off of my words. There was no way I was going to tell Jongsuk that we were friends.
“Good then no one will miss him,” Jongsuk said then pulled out something shiny and black. 
 “NO!” I screamed talking a step forward.
Jongsuk smirked as he lowered his gun. I knew at that moment he wasn’t going to shoot Sunggy he was just doing to see my reaction. 
“This is my friend,” I told him sternly trying not to look at Sunggyu's face. 
“I thought Woohyun didn’t have any friends,” Mr. Choi laughed pointing in my direction.
Like Mr. Choi would know my social life he was barely at the warehouse for a week.
“Shut up!” I shouted as Mr. Choi scoffed.
“Is this your friend too?” Jongsuk asked pointing to Hyojin.
“It’s a long story sir but I think you would like to hear it,” I told him trying to stay calm. 
Here it was the truth that I so desperately wanted for the past couple of months. 
“It better be a good story explaining why you're having a party here," Jongsuk snapped.
“A party!” Mr. Choi smiled as he raised his hands above his head and made whooping noises.
“Shut up!!” Jongsuk and I screamed at the same time.
“Geeze no one here is fun here,” Mr. Choi scoffed then he turned around and exited the room. Leaving me alone with the devil, the enemy, and my best friend.
“Sir you don’t understand,” I argued trying to find the right words to say.
Sure I stayed up for countless of nights thinking of the words I would say to Jongsuk if this situation ever happens. But now that it was here I couldn’t comprehend what a sentence was.
“It wasn’t hi-“
“WOOHYUN,” a voice screamed from the corner of the room. Mr. Woo and Mr. Park came into the warehouse with a not so pleased look on their faces.
“Oh no,” I sighed tightening my grip on Hyojin.
“Why the hell did you run away,” Mr. Park asked when they reached us.
“He did what?” Jongsuk looked at me with a venoms glare
“We were watching over him when he took off running,” Mr. Park lied.
“Woohyun what did I tell you about running away,” Jongsuk snapped at me.
“B-But there is a reason why I did it,” I pointed to Hyojin.
Jongsuk ran his hand through his hair as he let out a sigh. 
“You’re always messing up Woohyun,” Jongsuk told me making my stomach drop. “First put him.”
He pointed to Sunggyu who was shaking on the ground like a scared puppy or hamster. "In the office and I’ll deal with this one.”
Mr. Park and Mr. Woo grabbed Sunggyu off the ground roughly causing him to groan in pain.
“Be careful,” I called out but I knew they wouldn't listen to me.
“Wait your daughter needs your help,” he screamed as he was dragged out of the main warehouse.
Jongsuk laughed loudly then replied, “I don’t have a daughter.”
The door slammed shut sealing me away from Sunggyu. For a couple seconds I wonder if I was dreaming that he was here. That I was finally having a break down but Jongsuk sent me back into reality.
“Woohyun just because you work for me doesn’t mean you can bring your friends here to play,” Jongsuk scolded me.
“But-“
“Now who is she and what did you do?” Jongsuk asked me pointing to Hyojin.
I took a deep breath as if to gain energy to tell Jongsuk the truth.
Here is it.
“She-“
“He just grabbed me!” Hyojin yelled as fake tears rolled down her cheek.
“Woohyun,” Jongsuk snapped at me as his eyes formed slits.
“Bu-“
“I was at the fight when he grabbed me saying that I stole money. He must be crazy,” Hyojin lied through her teeth.
“NO!” I shouted as the panic grew in my voice. “Jongsuk this is Hyojin she stole your money. She framed me!”
“I don’t know what he's talking about,” Hyojin yelled at as she tried to push away from my grasp.
“No you need to believe me,” I shouted to Jongsuk as tears fell down my cheek. “She’s is the devil.”
“So you're saying that she coned you,” Jonhsuk asked slowly.
I nodded my head quickly.
“Woohyun you could very well just grab someone off the street and say they con you. No I need proof,” he told me then looked at Hyojin. “You show me your ID.”
Hyojin face dropped as Jongsuk reached out his hand.
“I got you now,” I whispered in her ear.
Hyojin slowly reached into her pocket and grabbed out her wallet. 
“You know I can’t open it with one hand. “ Hyojin snapped at me.
“Here,” Jongsuk grabbed her black wallet from her hand and opened it within seconds. He stared at the ID for what seems like hours then he finally looked back at me. 
Once I was free where would I go? Of course I would take Sunggyu back to Seoul after I questioned him about why he was here in the first place. Then I would go home and probably get smacked in the face by Boohyun but it would be worth it. Then we could go vi-
Hyojin face dropped as Jongsuk reached out his hand.
“I got you now,” I whispered in her ear.
Hyojin slowly reached into her pocket and grabbed out her wallet.
“You know I can’t open it with one hand. “ Hyojin snapped at me.
“Here,” Jongsuk grabbed her black wallet from her hand it opened it with seconds. He stared at the ID for what seems like hours then he finally looked back at me.
Once I was free where would I go? Of course I would take Sunggyu back to Seoul after I questioned him why he was here in the first place. Then I would go home and probably get smacked in the face by Boohyun but it would be worth it. Then we could go vi-
“Woohyun let her go,” Jongsuk ordered me as he handed the wallet back to Hyojin.
“Wait what,” I mumbled out.
“Lee Sooyoung I’m sorry,” Jongsuk told her then bowed.
Wait what.
“WHAT!” I shouted.
“Woohyun you brought the wrong girl her ID reads Lee Sooyoung,” Jongsuk told me.
“No,” I looked at Hyojin who was smirking. “It’s fake.”
“Let her go Woohyun before I let Mr.Park and Mr. Woo do it for you,” Jongsuk snapped at me.
“But you don’t understand it’s her,” I sputtered out not sure what I could say to change his mind.
“Woohyun let her go or I’ll put a bullet in your friends head,” he threaten me.
My fingers unwilling unwrapped themselves from her arm slowly. She shoved me off and brushed the dirt off of her clothes.
“I’m truly sorry my dear,” Jongsuk told her with a bow.
“It’s okay sir but if you excuse me I have to get back to my job,” she told Jongsuk with a fake smile.
“I would appreciate if what was said here didn’t get out,” Jongsuk told her with a stern look.
Hyojin held up her hands. “Don’t worry sir I don’t care about your business.”
“Good,” Jongsuk sighed. “You are free to go.”
“Thank you sir,” Hyojin smirked as she smiled.
I wanted to tackle her to the ground and make her tell the truth. I wanted to do something but there was nothing I could do so I just stood there with a dumb look on my face.
“Woohyun,” Jongsuk called my name turning my attention from the now empty doorway.
Jongsuk looked angry no he looked livid.
“I eh-“
“Were you even thinking Woohyun!” Jongsuk snapped making me to take a step back. I had gotten on Jongsuk’s bad sides a couple of times but never did he look this angry.
“Sir it’s he-“
“Woohyun stop it,”Jongsuk snapped at me.
“Sir can’t y-“
Jongsuk picked up a random cup and threw it harshly against the ground sending glass shards everywhere.
“Woohyun you need to stop it and accept that this is the life you have to live,” Jongsuk told me. “Next time you bring over one of your little friends I’ll shoot them.”
My breath became hollow as I thought of my band member’s face.
“What are you going to do with Sunggyu?” I asked him afraid of the answer.
“We’re going to figure out what he knows,” Jongsuk told me.
“What he knows?” I sputtered out. “He doesn’t know anything!”
“Then can you please explain how he knows my name and where we run our business?” Jongsuk questioned me.
“I ehh I don’t know.”
To be honest I thought Sunggyu was sent to find me but once hearing him beg Jongsuk about something I knew there was more to it.
“Who is Gayun?” I questioned him remembering the name Sunggyu was screaming.
“No one,” Jongsuk turned away from me to look at newspaper that laid on an old couch.
“My friend seems to think that you are fat-“
“Stop it Woohyun!” Jongsuk snapped at me.
“Why are you getting so offensive?” I asked him taking a step forward.
“Life is complicated and I don’t have to explain any of it to you,” he retorted.
“You don’t but since my friend here seems to know your dau-“
“I don’t have a daughter,” Jongsuk stated clenching his fist together.
“Are you sure?” I asked him and I knew I shouldn’t be pushing him but I couldn’t help it.
“Leave it Woohyun!” Jongsuk snapped.
“My friend is never wrong,” I told him. “So if there is a chance you might have a daughter then let my friend go.”
“I don’t have a daughter,” Jongsuk turned to look at me. I could see that there was anger in his eyes but there was also a hint of sadness. “I’ll get the truth from your friend within hours.”
“How,” I asked raising an eyebrow because there was no way that Sunggyu would travel all this way for a lie.
“I have my means,” Jongsuk answered me simply.
It only took me a couple seconds to realize what he was talking about.
“Torture!” I sputtered out making my stomach sick. 
“I was going to say talking it out but torture seems like a better option,” Jongsuk smirked.
“No,” I said sternly. “Sir you have to believe us. That girl here she stole your money and if my friend thinks you have a daughter then it has to be true.”
“Woohyun I’m getting tired of you,” Jongsuk snapped me.
“Please sir,” I begged. 
“Leave me alone before this,” he held up his gun. “Get accidently fired in your direction.”
I swallowed taking a step backwards.
“Okay sir,” I said defeated. “But I will prove you wrong.”
“Bring me proof and we will talk but as for right now get out of my face,” Jongsuk snapped at me.
I nodded and took off running out of the warehouse. My thoughts were in a tangle as I tried to think of a plan. A plan that would save me and also Sunggyu.
I threw myself down on a wooden bench as I gasped for air.
How I wanted to see his face every day but now that I have I was a lost for my words. I wanted to show him that I could live without him but instead I just prove the opposite.
I took a deep breath trying to calm my nerves.
I had lost Hyojin once again.
Think Woohyun there had to be a way to catch her and save Sunggyu. A way to catch her….SUNGGYU!
I stood up and started to sprint my way back to the warehouse where Sunggyu was now hopefully safe.
I had a plan okay I didn’t have an exact plan but I need Sunggyu by my side to pull it off. It was time to get Woogyu back together again.