Part Four: Sungyeol

The Words Unsaid
Part Four
Sungyeol

“I’m tired. Get lost,” I yelled at that brat Sungjong.

“Sungjong just take my seat,” Sunggyu pointed to the seat across from Dongwoo.

I sat up quickly making room for Sunggyu as he made his way back to the van. I crossed my arms and glared out the window as he took his seat next to me.

I didn’t want to talk to anyone right now especially Sunggyu. I quickly took out my iPod and shoved the headphones into my ears. I blasted the first song that came on drowning out the rest of the car.

It had been 4 years since we debut and still Sungjong still made stupid mistakes.

How could he say that on live radio too!

I happen to like the way I sing so what if I wasn’t the main or the lead singer. So what if I was known for my variety show gags then my actual voice.

All I knew was Sungjong was going to die when we got back to the studio.

I would have to call Woohyun later tonight for help. He was always the best prankster within the group.

Oh Sungjong you’re going to get it tonight!

Out the corner of my eye I could see Sunggyu worried face.

 I turn my head and I saw headlights speeding towards us and before there was any time to react I felt the impact. I felt my body slam against the seatbelt as shattering glass sliced my face and arms.

SMACK.

Pain.

Everything was a blur as I felt myself fall into darkness.
 
 
I was cold.

ZROOMMM

I could hear cars whipping by but I couldn’t understand why.

My whole body ached.

A loud scream filled my ears. I forced myself to finally open my eyes and all I could see was chaos.

My view was sideways of the van and at first I thought I was crazy only to realize that the van had flipped onto its side.

Then it slowly dawned on me.

We were in a car accident.

Screaming.

I looked to my side to Sunggyu was screaming loudly as tears rolled down his pale face.

Why was he crying?

I had only seen Sunggyu cry twice in the whole five years of knowing him.

He slammed down his hands to where his lap should be but there were just pieces of metal.

Oh god.

His legs were trapped underneath pieces of the car. His cheetah print sweatshirt was covered in blood as he tried to pull his legs out.

Oh God.

I unbuckled myself and slide down towards Sunggyu.

I grabbed the piece of metal pulling it up but it wouldn’t budge. My hands were burning with pain as I lift with all my might.

“You’re going to be okay,” I told him quickly. “Gonam-Hyung Sunggyu needs help!”

I turn my head looking for Gonam and the other members.

Gonam was climbing in the back the van. His face was bright red but what worried me the most was his nose. It was pushed to one side and there was a white bone sticking out of it, blood was streaming down his nose onto his white shirt.

I could hear Dongwoo crying as he tried to unbuckled himself.

He looked fine.

Sungjong.

There were only pieces of glass in his seat.

“Sungjong! Where is Sungjong?!” I screamed franticly.

“Where is he?!”
 
 
My eyes open as screaming filled the room.

It was only seconds later that I realized I was the one screaming.

“Hyung,” my younger brother Daeyeol ran to my bedside.

My voice started to become hoarse as I screamed louder.

“Calm down Hyung if you don’t they’ll sedate you again,” he warned me.

With all my might I slammed down my mouth muffling the scream.

“Just breath,” Daeyeol rubbed my arm calming my nerves.

Being sedated made me lose control. Losing control meant the memories would come back full force.

I couldn’t let that happen.

 “I don’t think they heard you,” Daeyeol replied looking around the room.

Good.

“Hyung how are you feeling,” Daeyeol asked me for the tenth time today.

I’m doing great can’t you see.

“ Why can’t you speak? They’re going to think you’re crazy,” Daeyeol worried.

Crazy. I was already crazy before this accident.

“Doctor I don’t care where you got your medical degree but you’re wrong!” I could hear my Mother shout at the doctor.

“I understand this might be hard to understand but your son needs psychological help,” my doctor told her.

“Are you calling my son crazy?” she snapped.

“Yeobo calm down,” my father told my mother.

“Whether you get help from the hospital or elsewhere. It’s your own choice but if Sungyeol is left untreated he could get worst. As his Doctor I advise you to seek professional help,” he stated.

“Hyung don’t worry they won’t lock you up. We won’t let them.” Daeyeol joked with a fake smile.

“Also I hate to bring this up now but Sungyeol’s members are asking to see him,” the Doctor informed my parents.

Members?

“He’s not ready yet,” my mother argued.

“It’s your choice,” The Doctor told them.

Infinite.

I gathered all my courage and open my mouth.

 “B-b-b,” I sputtered out in-between breaths.

“What? Hyung?” Daeyeol moved closer to me.

I open my mouth again but nothing came out.

“Maybe this will help,” Daeyeol grabbed a piece of paper and a pen from the night stand.

My shaky hand grabbed the pen and paper. I used all my strength to write one single word.

Hyungs

Daeyeol face changed as he read the paper from over my shoulder.

“Dongwoo is fine and from what I’ve hear he is already home resting. Sunggyu is with his parent’s after his surgery and yes he’s fine. Although he won’t be walking any time soon,” Daeyeol told me.

Why aren’t you telling me about the one person that mattered?

I picked the pen up again and took a deep breath as I wrote out a name.

Sungjong

Daeyeol face grew pale as he turned his head toward where our parents were.

“I-I think Appa and Umma should talk to you about this,” he admitted.

“S-s-s” I mumbled trying to say the word.

“I should go get them they’re probably done by now,” Daeyeol pointed out.

I took the piece of paper and shoved it into Daeyeol face snapping his attention back to me.

“Sungyeol,” Daeyeol scolded as he pulled the paper away from his face.

“I’ll tell you but please don’t overreact,” Daeyeol warned me.

I nodded my head.

“Sungyeol it’s really bad,” Daeyeol let out a sigh as he ran his fingers through his black hair. “Sungjong had major brain surgery. I’m s-sorry they found out that he's brain dead. He’s never going to wake up again.”

Screaming filled the room sending shivers down my spine.

The door slammed open and my Mother and Father ran to the bed.

“Sungyeol please calm down!” My mother screamed shaking my arm.

Everything was blur around me.

I wasn’t really here.

No.

It can’t be real.

Hands were holding my shaky body still as the doctor called out orders.

I felt a sharp prick on my side.

My mouth grew relax as the room became silence.

Sobbing, doctors calling out orders, and my father yelling at Daeyeol were all background noise as I felt myself falling into sleep.

I killed him.

I killed my brother.

 


Author Notes:

Hello Everyone,

Hope everyone got tons of candy on halloween! Although this chapther is kind of sad I hope everyone enjoyed it. I just wanted to say that my story isn't all sad but it does go through a rollercoaster of emotions. Also everyone way's of dealing with sadness is diffrent.  Please keep reading.

-Morgan