Part Twenty-Nine: Sungyeol

The Words Unsaid
Part Twenty-Nine
Sungyeol

Warning:

In this story I’m using the plotline from KARA’s Secret Love episode 3 and 4. There is a reason behind this but if you haven’t seen the show and you don’t want spoilers then please skip all italicize. Kara fans please don’t hate me for using your group show. There's a reason why I’m doing this.


“Sungyeol!”
I could hear her shots of protest but nothing could bring me back from this red hot pain. My dark red covered fist smashed against his pretty smile.
“SUNGYEOL!”
A hand grabbed my shoulder and ripped me away from the man who was now lying on the ground groaning in pain.
“FOCUS!” Dr. Kang screamed as she placed both of her hands on the sides of my face.
Focus?
Then it hit me I was an idol fighting in a public area. My eyes shot down to the man whose face was covered in blood and I knew that I really messed up.
“I called the cops!” a woman came out from behind the counter holding a knife. As if I was some type of dangerous person.
“Let’s go!” Dr. Kang said in my ear then she took off running and I followed her lead. It didn’t take long for me to reach her. I grabbed her hand to lead her down an alley way.
No way was I going to get caught and I was pretty sure that no one recognized me. At least I hoped so but what if someone took a photo or videotaped the whole ordeal!?
My career is over wait it’s already is over. So why am I so worried?
I swallowed back the tears; it was because I didn’t want to disappoint Infinite. Even if we disbanded I didn’t want to put Infinite’s name under a bad light. I wasn’t gifted with good looks like Myungsoo. Nor was I good at dancing like Hoya or bright as Dongwoo. I couldn’t sing as high as Sunggyu and there was no way I could change an anti-fan into a real fan like Woohyun could. I couldn’t be confident like Sungjong so what could I do. I could work hard and prove myself and in doing so I would show Infinite in a better light.
I had promised myself that I would never do anything to disappoint Infinite but I broke that tonight.
“Sungyeol!” Dr. Kang shouted letting go of my hand. “We are far enough and I’m tired.”
I turned around to see the sweaty doctor holding on to her purse and limping as she walked towards me. My eyes fell to the ground to see that she was only wearing one shoe.
I looked at her confused.
“Y-You ran so fast th-that it fell off,” she said gasping for air.
I gave her an apologetic smile and pointed towards a bus bench. She nodded and we made our way to the bench.
“You don’t have to be sorry,” she told me as she took a seat.
But I lost my cool.
“Why are you mad,” she asked as if she could read my mind.
I pointed at myself and shook my head.
“Are you upset because you feel like you have to uphold this image?” she asked causing me to take a double look at her.
“You know Sungyeol you don’t have to be perfect out here in the real world. There is no one watching you,” she told me.
I shook my head.
You’re watching me.
“You did a good job today,” she sighed causing me to be even more confused.
I almost killed that man.
“I went out on a blind date with him and it only took me ten minutes to realize that something was off. If you weren’t here with me then I don’t know what would have happen,” she confessed.
I clenched my fist letting the words soak in. Why was I getting so angry it wasn’t like I was dating the doctor or even like I liked her like that.
“Maybe we should head back,” she told me standing up.
I grabbed her hand.
What about the story?
“What Sungyeol,” she questioned as she sat back down.
Tell the darn story.
“Are you hungry,” she questioned me raising an eyebrow.
I shook my head no and open my hands like a book.
Her eyes lit up. “OH the story!”
I nodded my head.
“I thought you hated the story,” she pointed out crossing her arms.
I do!
“You’re curious aren't you?” she asked laughing.
No I’m not!
I stood ready to leave when her arm s around my waist pulling me back down to my seat.
“It’s getting late so I’ll only tell you a little bit,” she told me then she cleared and began the story from where she left off.
 
This is why he bought me a dress. I thought to myself as I stare at the nice beachfront wedding. What was I thinking I asked myself?
Why did I even get into the car with him? Oh that’s right he promised me that he wouldn’t kill himself if I met him. I had no clue he wanted to go to a wedding!
He walked through the crowds of people with his hands in his pockets as if no one was there. I ran after him holding my purple purse close to my side.
“So pretty,” I shouted looking at the beautiful scenery.
“Hey,” he snapped turning my attention back to him.
He shot me an annoyed look than kept on walking further into the wedding.
“Who’s wedding is it?” I asked catching up to him. “So that’s why you bought me this dress? Who is it? Is it someone important?”
He shot me another glare ignoring my question.
“I’m glad I decided to come with you,” I admitted finally after seeing all the delicious food they were serving and the beautiful decorations. “Whoa this is a beautiful wedding! The bride must be so happy! It’s like a fairytale wedding from a movie! How happy she must be!”
I bent down to get a better look at the beautiful yellow flowers that lay on top of a table. Even the table cloths looked beautiful.
“Stop gawking at everything you’re going to break your neck!” he snapped at me. “Listen to my carefully. My name is Yoon Joon Moon. We have spent a total of 33 nights together, we kissed on the first night we met and we’re here to celebrate our one-month anniversary of meeting each other.”
“WHAT!?” I shouted confused and also kind of happy because I finally knew the man’s name.  “Wait thirty three nights when we only met a month ago? Our first night!?”
I eyed him up and down. “That’s absolutely disgusting!”
I turned my head looking for the closet escape route when suddenly I felt his hands grab my sides and pulled me into him causing me to let out a gasp.
He dragged me along towards a corner of the outdoor patio where several women were taking photos.
“Where are we going,” I snapped trying to pull away from him but he just pulled me closer.
“Just follow my lead,” he ordered me then we pushed through a crowd of overly dressed women to a woman standing in white behind an altar.
The bride looked beautiful even her ears looked beautiful!
“Oh my goodness!” she sighed when we stood right in front of her. “Hi.”
Joonmoon glared at her first then suddenly smiled widely. “Congratulations.”
She smiled then turned her attention towards me causing her smile to drop.
“Hello,” I said as I bowed politely.
“Your girlfriend?” she scoffed looking me up and down.
“It’s nice to meet you,” I ignored the question. “My name is Lee Hyunjung”
She was staring at me even more dumbstruck then the words that Joonmoon had told me moments ago hit me.
“We’ve been dating for a month now, so we’re here on vacation,” I explained then I turned and smacked Joonmoon side roughly as I smiled at him widely.
Because I was really going to kill him for making me lie.
He laughs loudly then grabbed my side and pinches it making me flinch in pain.
“Baby, you didn’t have tell her all that,” he said between gritted teeth.
I laughed then grabbed ahold of his cheek and pinched it as hard as I could. “Sorry, sweetie.”
“Thanks for coming all the way here,” the bride said breaking us apart.
“But even though you may be on leave, wearing your uniform is really uncalled for,” the bride scolded Joonmoon. “That’s actually a bit embarrassing.”
“Don’t worry because I’m not here to terrorize you on your wedding day,” he told her coldly.” Just because you betrayed your boyfriend who went into the army only to marry someone else just three months later.”
I looked at the bride then back at Joonmoon surprised at the words that left his mouth. I covered my mouth trying to hold back my gasp.
“So you’re still petty as ever, aren’t you,” she spat out.
“What?” he asked.
“Stop overreacting,” she scoffed as if she was telling him to get over spilled milk. “Because you were nothing else but a morning half for me.”
I looked at Moonjoon waiting for his reply to explain what morning half was. When he didn’t say anything I asked my question out loud.
“Morning half?”
I wanted Moonjoon to tell me but instead the bride answered my question. “Someone who I only saw briefly in the mornings when I was either bored or hungry. Don’t most people go on evening dates?”
I let out another gasp turning my attention towards him. I knew that she had struck a chord by the way his lips were wavering and his eyes were becoming glossy.
She smirked at him as if she knew that she had won and I guess she did because he gave one last look at the bride then took off walking.
I turned to follow him but I couldn’t let this go unsaid. “Bride lady.”
I turn back around to see the women still glaring at Moonjoon spot. “Even if that was the case, must you be so hurtful to someone who came all the way here to see you? Whether it was in the mornings or in the evenings...he is still someone you dated at one point.”
“You’re just sorry about yourself,” she pointed out crossing her arms.
“Excuse me?” I asked confused
“Going on vacation with a man you’ve only been dating for a month?” she pointed out. “Not only that, but I’m sure he was serving in the army most of that time. You must have been sharing a lot of love through text messages.”
I thought to myself as I tried to think of explanation that would please her. “There’s no border when it comes to love as long as there is Wi-Fi…”
“Enough,” she snapped. “Don’t act like you’re better than me when you’re also only dating him for his money!”
Money?
“We need to go,” a female work told the bride.
“Okay,” the bride said then she glared at me as she walked away with the help.
What a witch!!
 
“That’s all for now,” she smirked as she leaned back in the bench.
What!
“You will have to come back tomorrow,” she told me.
No! I stood up from seat letting the anger run through my body.
You can’t do this to me again.
“Sungyeol are you still mad at yourself,” she asked standing up too.
Yes I mean no I mean I don’t know stop confusing me!
I glared at her causing her to laugh.
Why are you laughing at me?
“You will have to wait,” she told me taking a step closer to me.
I didn’t want to play anymore games I just wanted to know the ending. I never was patient when it came to anything. I always flipped to the ends of books or read the plotlines of movies online. Maybe that is why I was getting so annoyed with having to wait for the story.
“You like the story,” she pointed out. “Just admit it.”
No I don’t!
“Yes you do,” she smiled grabbing ahold of my arm as she rocked back and forth.
No I don’t! I frown and shook my head back and forth.
“Just shake your head yes if you like it,” she wined showing off her horrible aegyo.
I stared at her ugly looking face and felt my heart jump into my throat. Why was my palms getting sweaty and what was this feeling?
“Come on Sungye-”
She let out a gasp as my lips landed on hers. I wished I wasn’t a coward then I could have opened my eyes to see her reaction but I couldn’t. Then it hit me what was I doing.
I pushed her away as I stumbled backwards almost falling down on the ground.
I-I’m S-Sorry!
She open to say something but it was too late I was already running. I didn’t know where I was running to but I was happy.
I slammed open the door announcing my presence to the house. I took off my shoes and slipped into my slippers. By now it had hit me what I did back there.
I kissed the Doctor?!
I grabbed my lips wanting to pull them off and throw them away. It wasn’t that I was disgusted with kissing her it was just that I shouldn’t have. It was obvious that she didn’t like me I mean I was too tall and lanky and not even considering the fact that I was her patient.
No Sungyeol don’t think about it! I pushed back the feelings of doubt as I made my way into the kitchen.
“Son you’re home,” I heard my mother say from the living room.
I nodded my head although no one was there to see it.
“Hi Hyung,” Daeyeol shouted from the living room. I followed their voices to see my younger brother laying on the floor with his head in his hands as he looked up at the TV. My mother was sitting on the couch cutting fruit for her and Daeyeol.
“Sungyeol,” she looked at me brightly.
“Hyung Umma is making me watch this chick flick,” Daeyeol whine but he still turned his attention back to the TV as soon as the commercial break was over.
I knew that Daeyeol was like me in the aspect that he wouldn’t do something that he didn’t want to do.
“It’s a good show,” she told me as she handed me a slice of a pear.
I nodded my head and turned my head to look at the TV screen. A woman was yelling at a good looking man making it look like any other Korean drama. Except the women look familiar and it only took me second to realize I was staring at Hara Sunbae.
“Aigoo that poor girl,” my mother suddenly said. “She was told that she is going to die so she went on a nice vacation only to meet him .Can you believe she saved him then decided to stalk him all over the island to make sure he stays alive?! Can you believe that Sungyeol,” my mother turned to me.
“Mom be quiet,” Daeyeol turned to look at her. “I want to know where he takes her! A wedding!?”
“S-Sungyeol are you okay,” my asked me as she placed a hand on my shoulder.
No I’m not okay because everything I know is a lie.
That kiss was a lie.
She was just full of lies and like a fool I believed her.