Part Three: Woohyun

The Words Unsaid
Part Three
Woohyun

“No no NO!!” Myungsoo screamed as he gaped at the screen.

I felt my legs crumb beneath me as I fell to the floor.

No.

This can’t happen to people like us!       

We’re too young to experience death.

What are we supposed to do now?!

“Why didn’t you tell us sooner,” Hoya snapped at the two mangers.

“We don’t know where they got their information,” Jungryu told Jung Yeop.

“Aish! They can’t even wait for an official statement,” Jung Yeop sighed as he rubbed his temples.

“I’ll take care of it sir,” Jungryu assured Jung Yeop as he left the room.

“Woohyun get up,” Jung Yeop order me after the door closed.

My whole body was shivering from head to toe making it impossible to sit up.

“Why. T-they’re dead,” I replied in a shaky voice.

“Because they’re alive,” Jung Yeop revealed.

“What?!” I looked up shocked to see Jung Yeop nodding his head.

I felt someone grab my arm and bring me up to my feet. I looked to my right to see that Hoya had helped me up.

I was almost embarrassed by how dramatic I acted.

“The news” Myungsoo pointed towards the television.

“The only thing they got right was the car accident,” Jung Yeop told us.

“What happen then?” I asked finally taking my seat.

“Where are Sunggyu and Sungjong?” Hoya interjected.

“Where is Sungyeol and why can’t I see him,” Myungsoo questioned.

“Boys!” Jung Yeop raised his hand stopping each one of us. “If you want to know anything you'll have to stay quiet and let me talk.”

We all shut our mouths at once as we waited for our questions to be answered.

“According to Gonam a couple of fans were trying to follow the van when they crashed into a car in front of them causing the accident to happen,” Jung Yeop told us.

My heart dropped.

 How could our girlfriends do this?

I knew that some of them were one step away from a mental asylum, but still they would never hurt us.

“Sunggyu and Sungjong were sitting on the same side of the car that is why they suffered the worst injuries.  Sunggyu suffered a broken leg and two broken ribs. Right now as we speak he is in surgery for his leg,” Jung Yeop informed us.

I let out a sigh.

He was okay.

He wasn’t dead none of us are dead.

“But there is a chance that there might be side effects to his surgery. He might not be able to-“

“Walk?” Hoya finished his sentence.

“Howon please don’t interrupt me,” Jung Yeop warned him.

“Sorry Sir,” Hoya bowed his head.

“If surgery and physical rehab goes as plan then nothing will change. If surgery and rehab doesn’t go as plan then there will be chance that he will have a limp for the rest of his life,” Jung Yeop told us.

Silence.

“A-Are you going to kick him out?” Hoya bravely asked.

“We’re just telling you the worst just in case,” Jung Yeop reassured us.

So Sunggyu was okay.

Except for a broken leg and ribs but he was fine.

A piece of my heart seemed to get lighter knowing that our leader was out of danger.

“What about Sungyeol and Sungjong?” Myungsoo questioned.

“Sungyeol is with his family in a different unit. As for right now Sungyeol’s parents are not allowing any visitors,” he informed us.

“And Sungjong?” Hoya inquired.

Jung Yeop looked down at the table and placed his hands in front of him as if he was nervous.

“Sungjong received the worst injuries. When the car hit he wasn’t wearing a seat belt which caused him to be thrown from the car. He sustained road rash on the upper parts of his body and a broken arm,” Jung Yeop told us.

“So he’s going to be fine?” I asked hoping for the right answer.

“He hit his head against the cement when he was thrown out. He’s been in surgery for six hours right now as they are trying to stop the internal bleeding in his head,” Jung Yeop finally told us.

“Surgery? But they’ll make him okay right?” Myungsoo asked almost in tears again.

“In best case he’ll be fine but there is a chance that he-“ Jung Yeop stopped talking as he took a deep breath.

“What is it?” I asked him ready for the worst.

“There is a chance that he might be brain dead,” Jung Yeop informed us.

“Brain dead?” Myungsoo mumbled to himself.

“So he might die,” Hoya spoke looking up from the desk.

“Yes there is a slim chance that he will never wake up. Please remember this is just the worst case scenario ,” Jung Yeop told us.

Hoya stood up abruptly throwing back his chair in the process.

“I’m sorry,” he mumbled to the room.

“Hoya,” I stood up  but he was already out the door.

“Let him be,” Jung Yeop raised his hand stopping me.

“But…” I started at the door not sure if I really wanted to be sitting in this room anymore

“Woohyun,” Jung Yeop called my name.

I turn my attention back to Jung Yeop was now putting on his jacket and sunglasses.

“You’re in charge. Make sure that none of the members talk the press. You’re parents are coming to pick up each one of you,” Jung Yeop informed me,

“I’m not leaving,” I crossed my arms.

“Me too,” Myungsoo added.

“I think it would be much better if you go back to the dorm or home,” Jung Yeop insisted.

“Not until we find out about Sunggyu and Sungjong,” I told him firmly.

“Well talk about this later. Ah yes Gonam is currently resting so if you have any needs ask Hyowan or Jungryu.  Woohyun please take care of your brothers,” he told me as he exited the room followed closely by Hyowan.

The room became deathly quiet as I played Jung Yeop words in my mind.

Broke Leg.

Limp.

Flunged.

Brain dead.

It seemed all too unnatural.

I could hear Myungsoo crying next to me but I didn’t have the strength to move.

Nothing was going to be the same anymore.

 
 

The sirens could be heard as the cars whipped by the scene of the crime.

Men in orange jumpsuits were running to move the members onto stretchers.

The scene switched to a police officer in his office. He grabbed ahold of couple papers off of his desk and looked up at the camera with a nervous smile.

“From what we gathered a couple fans of the boy band named Infinite were driving recklessly and caused a mass pile up. Sixteen people were injured and three people are severally hurt. Including Infinite members Sungjong and Sunggyu. Right now we questioning the people responsible for the accident, it’s unsure whether or not charges will be pressed.”

“Turn it off,” Hoya told Dongwoo, who had the remote in his hand.

“A couple more minute,” Dongwoo pleaded in a tiny voice.

“Turn it off! It’s making Myungsoo worse,” Hoya snapped pointing to the youngest in the next bed.

Myungsoo was staring at his phone screen as tears slid down his cheeks. He had been stuck in this position since we returned from the meeting. 

“Just let me watch it,” Dongwoo replied turning up the volume.

Dongwoo had been sitting on the bed for the last half hour watching any news reports about the accident.

When we told him about Sunggyu and Sungjong he didn’t believe us.

It seemed as if he was going to find the truth through the news.

I stood up from my seat and quickly unplugged the television sending a wave of silence through the room.

“YAH! Why did you do that?!” Dongwoo snapped sending shivers down my spine.

This was the first time Dongwoo had ever yelled at one of us before.

“I’m sorry Hyung but I don’t think watching this will make anything better,” I told him truthfully.

Dongwoo was about to reply when the door slammed open.

“My son!” a small women with short black hair entered the room. She was wearing a plain red shirt with a black apron wrapped around her jean waist.

Follow closely by a woman with long black hair and pale skin. She was wearing a white hoodie and black pants that clashed with her two mismatched pair of shoes.

“Umma!” Dongwoo yelled throwing down the pillow and the remote control to the bed.

Dongwoo mother and sister ran over to his bed and hugged him tightly.

“Omo, my son! Are you okay,” Mrs. Jang pulled away to stare her son up and down.

“I’m fine,” Dongwoo reassured them.

Aigoo my poor sons,” Mrs. Jang looked around the room at each one of us.

“We heard about Sunggyu and Sungjong,” Dongwoo sister Kkotip stated to no one in particular.

“Did you hear anything new?” Dongwoo asked anxiously. 

“We only know what they released to the press,”Mrs. Jang replied rubbing her son’s hand.

Dongwoo let out a sigh looking at the ground disappointed.

“Dongwoo we talked to the Doctor and he said that you’re fine to be released,” Mrs. Jang told her son.

“I want to stay,” Dongwoo whined like a child.

“Let’s go home,” Mrs. Jang said to here son.

“I can’t leave,” Dongwoo replied crossing his arms.

 “Dongwoo Appa is working the restaurant by himself. We have to get going before it gets too busy,” Kkotip pointed out.

“Nuna I’m staying with my members,” Dongwoo stated looking at us for help him.

“Son you have been through a huge ordeal. I’m sure that your members wouldn’t mind if you go home,” Mrs. Jung reassured him.

“Dongwoo go home we’ll be fine. Manger Hyowan or Jungryu will call you if anything happens,” Hoya told him.

“But I have to s-stay,” Dongwoo whined as a tears fell down his cheek.

 “Listen to your family,” I told him coldly.

“But-“

The door opened interrupting Dongwoo’s words. A tall young boy with black hair and milky white skin entered the room.

“Hyung,” he called as he ran towards Myungsoo.

Moonsoo looked completely different from his older brother.

Moonsoo was taller than his brother by a couple inches

Myungsoo face was sharper while Moonsoo face was rounder.

At first glance you wouldn’t have thought these two were brothers.

A man wearing a brown blazer and a blue button up shirt followed the young boy. He had a stern looked on his face but we all knew he was almost as silly as his son.

“Hello boys,” Mr. Kim greeted us with a fake smile.

“Hello Mrs. Jang,” Mr. Kim bowed polity but Mrs. Jang didn’t seem to notice. She was too busy trying to convince her son to go home.

“Are you okay hyung?” Moonsoo asked his brother as he sat next to him on the bed.

“I’m fine,” Myungsoo replied not looking up from his phone.

The door opened once again revealing Hyowan.

My heart dropped.

No I wasn’t ready to know yet.

“What happen?” Hoya asked pulling off his headphones.

“Is everyone okay?” Dongwoo asked pushing his mother aside to get a better view of Hyowan.

“Whoa calm down boys. We don’t know anything yet I just have a phone call for Woohyun,” he replied looking at me.

“Me?” I gave him a questionable look before I took the phone from him.

“Hello?” I answered slowly.

“Woohyun,” a voiced answered.

Everything about her voiced reminded me of home and for one second I felt completely relaxed.

“Umma,” I called back almost in tears.

“Oh Woohyun. I saw on the news that there was a car accident. Your phone was off and I couldn’t get into touch with any of the Mangers. I was so worried,” she cried into the phone

“I’m fine. Sunggyu and Sungjong ar-“

“I know. I just talked Hyowan about the situation,” she informed me.

“I’m not leaving till I find out they’re okay,” I told her in a stern voice.

“I knew you were going to say that so that is why I talked to Jung Yeop about the situation. He says that it’s fine if you stay here for the night but after that you have come home or go to Boohyun’s apartment.” She told me.

“But what if we don’t hear anything tonight or tomorrow,” I argued.

“I don’t care Woohyun. If you don’t leave tomorrow then I'll come down myself and drag you home,” she threaten.

“Fine I will leave tomorrow,” I reluctantly agreed.

“Listen Woohyun be careful and make sure you eat something and rest,” she told me.

“Umma you know me I’ll be fine,” I reassured her in a faked upbeat voiced.

“I’ll call you tomorrow okay,” she told me.

“I’ll be fine,” I lied.

“Love you Woohyun!,” she said in her usual upbeat voice but I knew it was just to make me feel better.
“I love you too. Bye Umma,” I replied not really wanting the phone call to end.

“Bye Woohyun.”

Click.

I was pushed back into reality.

I handed the phone back over to Hyowan who was standing there waiting for it.

I was about to open my mouth to ask how Sunggyu and Sungjong were doing when Hyowan spoke first.

“Listen I’ll tell you when we hear something new. Now just stay put and get some rest. You look horrible,” he told me as he rushed out of the room.

Once again I stood there lost in the world.

Were they dead?

Alive?

I just needed to hear one word and all of these feelings would finally go away. I just need to hear that one word but I was stuck in this little room.

“Hyung,” a voice called for me.

Myungsoo stood there with his bag over his shoulder.

“What’s happening?” I asked looked at him.

“I-I’m going h-home,” he stuttered out looking at the ground.

“Okay get some rest. We’ll call you when we know something,” I said with a fake smile.

“Okay Hyung,” he replied as he bowed goodbye.

His brother grabbed his hand and led him towards the door.

“Hyung, why are you looking at a dead phone?” Moonsoo asked as they finally exit the room.

Silence.

I looked around the room and noticed something.

“Where’s Dongwoo,” I asked Hoya who was sitting on a bed reading a magazine.

“He left,” he answered without looking up from his magazine.

“What! Why didn’t he say goodbye?” I demanded.

“You were busy on the phone and his Mother was in a rush,” Hoya answered simply.

“He still could have said goodbye,” I crossed my arms.

“I don’t understand why you’re making this into a big deal. Didn’t you tell him to go home,” Hoya replied finally looked up from the magazine.

“Yes but he could have said goodbye. W-what if there was another accident and I didn’t get to say goodbye,” I choked out.

“Don’t over react,” Hoya mumbled.

“Don’t over react. Over reacting is acting like nothing happened today,” I snapped.

“I didn’t mean that. I just ah meant that you freaking out won’t help the situation. So either go home or shut up,” he told me as he started to read the magazine again.

I let out a sigh in frustration as I walked over to the curtain covered window.

I realized that it had been hours since I saw anything else except the hospital walls. I pulled back the curtain within seconds I was met with loud screams.

Underneath the window were hundreds of fans sitting on the lawn holding candles and signs. When they saw my face they instantly got to their feet and started to scream.

I threw back the curtain quickly blocking them from my view.

I could still hear the shouts as I walked back to an empty bed.

For once in my life I couldn’t look at my fans.

 
 

“I don’t think this a good idea,” I told Hoya for the tenth time.

“I don’t think your fan service is a good idea but that doesn’t stop you,” Hoya snapped back.

“What if you plan doesn’t work?” I retorted.

“Don’t worry it’ll work. I’m surprised you didn’t come up with a plan first,” Hoya replied.

“I’ve been kind of busy,” I hissed.

“Listen when I give you the sign run,” he order me.

“You do realize if one of the mangers catches us we’re done,” I told him.

“Then don’t get caught,” Hoya replied.

“Like they could catch me,” I smirked as I got into position. 

Hoya took a deep breath then he opened the door.

“What are you doing,” asked gorilla number one.

“It’s Woohyun he won’t get out of the bathroom,” Hoya told them in a worried voice.

“He’ll be fine,” gorilla two replied trying to shut the door.

“Wait!” Hoya shouted putting his foot in the path of the door.

“What if he tries to hurt himself? He’s been crying all day! He’s kind of sensitive and he might do something? Can you please go check on him?” Hoya begged.

I could feel my anger boiling as Hoya was spitting out lies.

“Please help me,” Hoya pleaded as a tears fell down his cheek.

Maybe Hoya was a better actor than I gave him credit.

I could see the door open wider as the two men rushed towards the bathroom.

Hoya waved his hand giving me the signal.

It’s now or never.

I took off running out the door followed closely by Hoya.

We weaved in-between people trying our hardest to not cause a scene.

It wasn’t till we reached the upper floor that Hoya grabbed my arm stopping me in my tracks.

“I think we’re good,” Hoya replied in-between breaths.

I looked around at our surrounding to see that we were standing in the middle of a lobby.

“Now what?” I asked Hoya.

“I’m going to go find a computer or a phone. Do what you want,” Hoya replied as he went off in his own direction.

I should have realized that it would end this way. I was hoping with the help of Hoya we could find out about Sunggyu and Sungjong.

Now that I was alone it was going to be impossible.

Slowly I could feel someone eye’s watching me. I turn around to see a teenage girl covering as she sat with her two friends. One of the girls was holding a bruised arm glaring at me.

“Oh shi-“

“OPPA!” one of them screamed loudly making all the other girls turn their eyes towards me.

I took off running pushing people out of my way as I ran for my life.

Any other day I would have signed a few autographs, taken photos, or done some aegyo but not today.

I ran up the stairs gasping for air as I forced my body to run faster. I pushed through the crowds of people not caring that I was making a scene. I rounded another corner when I felt myself hit something hard.

It wrapped its arms around my body stopping me in my tracts.

“Whoa Woohyun,” the person hugged me tightly.

“Mr. Kim?” I shuttered out as Sunggyu Father held me tightly.

“I’m sorry Woohyun but it looked like you were about to run out the window,” Mr. Kim joked as he let me go.

“Ah yes. Sorry sir,” I bowed down apologetic.

I looked around to see that I was in another waiting area.

 Thankfully this one was empty.

The room was a deep shade of blue that clashed with its red plastic chairs that lines the walls. On the other side of the room was a white door and a glass window the contained a nurses looking at files.

I turn around to see if any of my fans were following me but I was happy to see that we were still alone.

“Yeobo did you hear,” Mrs. Kim came into view.

Her black curly hair was messy and her small eyes were bright red from crying.

“Woohyun you must have heard already,” she told me excited.

“What happen?” I asked looking at both of Sunngyu’s parents.

“Sunggyu is awake and he’s doing fine,” Mrs. Kim told us.

“Oh thank goodness,” Mr.Kim said as he grabbed his wife and hugged her tightly.

He is all right.

My heart felt lighter.

We’re going to be okay!

In a couple months we’re going to be laughing about how worried we were.

“Woohyun if you don’t mind-“

“It’s all right Mr. Kim go see him,” I said with a wide smile.

“Woohyun we’ll see you later. Oh and you should get some sleep you look worst then us,” Mrs. Kim teased as she gave me a hug.

“I will,” I replied as I gave them a bow.

“Oh can you tell Sunggyu that we’re all doing fine,” I called after them as they open the white door.

Mr. and Mrs. Kim smiled at me as the closed the white door.

I knew Sunggyu would be happy to see his family since he barely got to see them when we were promoting.

I was slowly brought back into reality as I realized that we still had one more member.

One more member then we would be Infinite again.

 
 

I was lost once again but yet I didn’t feel any better about myself. I had been walking for hours trying to calm my mind but nothing could help.

I knew Manger Hyungs were looking for us but I didn’t really care. How could they expect us to sit in a room all day?

Just one more lap around the hospital then back to the cage I though as I made my way up a pair of stairs.

Sunggyu was fine.

Rehab was nothing compared to what we faced as trainees.

The only thing I wasn’t excited for was Sunggyu constant whining that would come with his new injury.

Dongwoo was fine.

Dongwoo is very sensitive in some aspects. Even though he looks rough one small poke in the right place could make him pop. Once he finds out that everyone is okay he’ll let out a loud crazy laugh and things will go back to normal.

Now if I can only stop him from touching my .

Sungyeol.

Sungyeol was fine.

Even though he’s going through a rough time he’ll be fine. Sungyeol is too childish, loud, and sometimes annoying to go through this.

I knew somehow it would all work out and Sungyeol would go back to himself.

Sungjong.

Sungjong will be fine.

Once he gets out of surgery I’m going to yell at him for making his hyungs worry. When he gets better I’ll take him to see that new scary movie he’s been begging to go to.

I would even pay for his ticket and food bec-

I stopped in the middle of a hallway staring at the back of a familiar hoodie.

Hoya.

I was about to grab his shoulder when I realized he was staring at something in front of him. I looked forward to see a see a couple holding each other.

Sungjong parents were still wearing their teaching clothes. Sungjong father a tall rounded dark skin man was nodding as he listened to the doctor. Mrs. Lee a thin woman with milky white skin was holding onto her husband’s arm.

“No oh No!” Mrs. Lee screamed as she fell to the floor.

Mr. Lee bent down beside her and hugged her tightly as the doctor walked away.

I wasn’t sure who was sobbing louder as both parents hugged each other on the hospital floor.

“No! Not my Sungjong!” Mrs. Song sobbed as Mr. Song rocked her back in forth.

This isn’t right.

No this can’t be right.

I yanked Hoya’s arm turning him to face me.

That’s when I lost all sense of hope.

Hoya looked at me as if I wasn’t even there.

Tears were falling down his face confirming the worst.

That isn’t right.

We were supposed to be Infinite.


Vocab:

Omo:
It means Oh My Gosh in English.
 
Aigoo:

Literally translates into big win but in this case it just means oh my.

Umma:
Infromal way to say Mother.
 
Appa:
Informal way to say Father.
 
Nuna:
What a younger man calls a older women who is their sister/close friend.
 
Yeobo:
Honey or Darling.
 

Author Notes:

Happy Halloween! 

YAWN I'm tired. It's almost 3:30 and I have to get up 8. YUCK!

Well anyway I felt horrible that I didn't post this up yet. I had a slight writers block and I had to rewrite this chapter about three times. Well anyways thank you guys for reading! I'm beyond happy that someone likes my story. Please stay tune for the next chapter it's only going to get better. Also the next chapter POV is going to change like I mentioned before. I will write the name and post the photo of who it's going to be.

Thanks again and I hope everyone has a good Halloween.

-Morgan