Part Thirty-Two: Myungsoo

The Words Unsaid
Part Thirty-Two
Myungsoo

Warnings:

This is apart of a double upload so if you didn't read dongwoo's chapter first please go to the other chapter first. Also I  know that usually I put Myungsoo first then Dongwoo but I decided to put them the other way around for the plotline of the story.

Thank you!


When I woke up that morning I knew that he would be gone. If I had any control over the situation he would be sitting right next to me but he had disappeared. I had thought that it was a dream but as soon as I saw his bed I knew it wasn’t. I had gone crazy which maybe wasn’t that bad of a situation. I got to see him again even though it wasn’t him.
I sat up from the bed and stretched my arms in front of me as I let out a yawn.
How late was it?
My eyes scanned the alarm clock to see that it was already one pm. I had slept in all morning which was something I hadn’t done in a while. They would be looking for me but I didn’t care.
Jung Yeop might as well kick me out of the team after this stunt. Maybe if I explained to him that Sungjong dragged me away he would understand.
I laughed shaking my head back and forth.
He would send me off to the looney bin for that.
My eyes scanned the messy room which sent my stomach into knots. It was much worst in the morning then it was at night. The room itself lay untouched as if three messy boys still lived here. Except there was a thin layer of dusk that covered random objects reminding me that time had passed.
There it was Sungjong’s belongs that his parents had yet to grab. I stood up walking closer to Sungjong’s belongings. Pieces of clothes hanged out of his dresser and there was his book that laid half open on his desk. It was like he was still here but yet he wasn’t.
I picked up a pale blue tee shirt off of his dresser and placed it to my nose trying to gain one last scent of him. But all I could smell was the laundry detergent.
I tossed it back into the dresser and turned to my side of the room which was also laid untouched. My cameras that I had treasured so much had been untouched for months. I picked up my favorite one and tried to turn it on but it stayed black. I must have forgotten to charge it before I placed it away. I hung the camera around my neck then took time to see if there was anything else I needed.
I did want to come back here again.
After grabbing some of my favorite clothes, cameras, and other random items I open the bedroom door. The living room was cold and unnatural. A place that was once full of laughter was now empty. It was strange.
It only took a couple steps before the smell hit my nose.
It smelt like mold on top of dog poop it was something I didn’t expect.
Did something die?
Was there a homeless person living here?
.
I took a couple more steps towards the strange smell making sure not to make any noise.
I quietly turned the corner to see the most disgusting sight I have ever seen. Pot and pans were stacked in black water.  There was the ugly side of the rainbow that covered the counter tops and the ceiling.
I covered my breath as I walked closer trying not to breathe in anything. There were plates full of green and white mold that had long hairs. There were flies and other bugs crawling around the counter tops making my skin crawl.
Oh god that’s disgusting.
What had happen to this place?
It looked as if some type of mold man had taken over the whole kitchen. This couldn’t be safe.
I was about to leave when I saw something lying across the mold infected counter. It was purple and was halfway open with a red ribbon marking the page.
I had never seen this book in the apartment but it wasn’t like I knew every book the members read. But this book was different because it contained Sungjong’s handwriting.
With two long steps as I held my breath I grabbed ahold of the book. It was cold and slightly damp but that didn’t matter to me. I was just thankful that none of the mold had attacked the book like the rest of the kitchen.
My eyes scanned the pages only to find a recipe for Seaweed Soup.
That’s weird Sungjong was never one to cook.
Then it hit me the fire in the kitchen days before the car accident. He had been cooking and caused an accident and Sunggyu blew up on him.
I had felt bad but I knew that Sunggyu was under a lot of pressure with this new album. We were supposed to be making the comeback of the year in a couple of months. Things didn’t go to plan like most of us had wanted.
Then by accident I took a deep breath which sent a whole new scent up my nose.
I gagged backing away from the smell my eyes watering in the process.
“Oh god!” I gasped out moving farther away from the smell.
It was disgusting.
“Myungsoo!” someone shouted my name making me jump. I turned around to see a very angry Hyowan staring at me.
“Hyowan,” I sputtered out.
“Where have you been!” Hyowan marched towards me clenching his fist. “I’ve been looking for you all…what is that smell?”
His eyes grew wide as he scanned the mold infected kitchen.
“What the hell?” he mumbled out.  “Come over here Myungsoo.”
I quickly walked to Hyowan side trying to get away from the smell that had consumed the kitchen.
“What happen?” Hyowan asked as he covered his nose.
“I don’t think anyone came back here and clean recently,” I pointed out trying not to breathe in the smell.
“Come on Myungsoo lets go I’ll call someone to clean this stuff up,” he said backing up as he grabbed my arm.
As soon as we were safely from the kitchen Hyowan dropped his grasped on my arm.
“You might need the whole Korean army to clean that mess up,” I joked.
“Myungsoo we’ve been looking for you all night!” Hyowan spat at me making me rethink my joke.
.
“We thought you might have done something bad to yourself,” Hyowan admitted shaking his head.
“I wouldn’t,” I sighed brushing the hair out of my face.
“Do you even consider whether or not this could affect the company?” he scolded me with his hands on his hips. “What if the press took a photo of you? We couldn’t even tell you parents where you were! You tell us to trust you but then you do this!”
“I didn’t mean to I…” how could I explain myself? My coma induced bandmate appeared to me while I was having a mental break down and kidnapped me. Did I really want to go to a looney bin?
No.
“Next time think before you go and do something stupid,” Hyowan snapped then he took a deep breath. “You’re okay…right?”
“Yes,” I said biting my lip trying not to cry.
“I don’t like yelling at you kid but sometimes it’s the only way,” he sighed.
“I know Hyung and I’ll listen better,” I promise him. “I won’t do it again.”
“You better not. Sunggyu was worried about you too you know,” Hyowan added.
Right Sunggyu.
I had forgotten that they called him. I wonder what he looked like if he was walking by now. I knew he was in a wheelchair but was he the same Sunggyu?
“I’m sorry,” was all I could say.
“Why did you come here?” he asked staring around the messy dorms.
“I really don’t know,” I admitted because if it was up to me I wouldn’t have come back to this place.
“What’s that?” Hyowan pointed to the book that was still in my hands.
 “Nothing.” I answered simply placing it by my side and out of his sight.
“Well then come on let’s go,” Hyowan waved me on.
“Where?” I asked with an eyebrow raised. “Back to the hotel or am I finally going home?”
“No I have somewhere else to take you,” Hyowan admitted.
It wasn’t a long car ride to where ever Hyowan was taking me. My mind flew with places where Hyowan would take me but none of them were adding up.
We had already passed the dance studio, the office, and even the hotel where I was staying.
Where were we going?
“We’re here,” Hyowan said as he parked the car.
But where were we?
I looked around the apartment buildings unsure of what I was supposed to be staring at.
“Where is here?” I asked unbuckling myself.
“You will see,” Hyowan said as he opened the door.
The cold air was enough to make me shiver as we made our way down the street. Where was he taking me? I hadn’t ever been in this neighborhood before so it was hard to understand why Hyowan would take me here.
Hyowan stopped at a random apartment building that contained a red door.
“We’re here,” he said to me as he made his way up the stone steps.
“Where are we,” I questioned him as I followed him up the stairs.
“There is something that you need to see,” Hyowan informed me as he knocked on the door. “I think it will change everything.”
Change everything?
I swallowed hard trying not to think of the worst. Hyowan wouldn’t hurt me even if I had been acting like a punk. Right?
The door open revealing a woman dressed in a winter jacket holding a bat in one hand.
“GO AW-“she stopped immediately when she saw who was standing on her door step.
“Oh Hyowan,” she smiled as she placed down the wooden bat.
“Why are we here?” I asked looking at Hyowan for answers.
“How are you doing? How is he doing?” Hyowan asked quickly ignoring my question.
“Won’t get out of bed as usual and the fan girls don’t make it any easier for him. A group of them were here last night. They were screaming and throwing things at the house. I barely got any sleep,” she admitted.
That’s when her black bags under her eyes became more apparent.
“Who is that,” she pointed the bat at me making me jump.
“Myungsoo I brought him here to see him,” Hyowan interjected.
“No. I’m not going to have one of them in here not when they caused all of this,” she pointed out waving her arms around.
“What did I do,” I shouted stepping away from the crazy woman.
“Come on Minah you owe it to me,” Hyowan wined placing a hand on the woman’s shoulder.
“I may owe you but he doesn’t owe anyone anything,” the woman name Minah pointed out as she brushed off of Hyowan’s hand.
“Listen,” Hyowan leaned in and started to whisper something into Minah’s ear. I took a step closer trying to catch a word but Hyowan whispered too softly.
“Fine,” Minah said when she pulled away from Hyowan.
“Come on Myungsoo,” Hyowan urged me to walk into the home behind Minah.
The house itself was neat and organized something that I wasn’t expecting. I took off my shoes to be met with a freezing cold floor.
I let a gasp as I crossed my arms closely to my arms. It was freezing in here almost colder then outside!
“Sorry if it’s too cold in here the heating was shut off last week,” Minah told us.
“Why didn’t you tell me,” Hyowan asked as he took out his wallet.
“Stop it’s fine,” Minah placed her hand out stopping him. “I just paid and it’ll be turned back on when my check goes through.”
We made our way through the hallway where two doors were.
“Are you sure?” Hyowan asked.
“Yes,” Minah answered quickly.
We stopped at the first door and Minah turned to me.
“Listen kid if you hurt Oppa even worst then I’m going to-“
“He won’t Minah,” Hyowan interrupted her. “Go on Myungsoo.”
But I didn’t want to go.
I didn’t want to know what was on the other side of the door and why Hyowan looked so pale.
Why did I need to be here?
“It will be okay,” Hyowan patted my back.
I waited till Hyowan gave me another reassuring nod before I open the door.  The room was dark and for once I thought that Hyowan had brought me here to die.
That I had caused enough drama and they were getting rid of me like a mobster.
But Hyowan wasn’t a mobster and wouldn’t cause any harm to me.
I closed the door behind me and took a couple more steps into the room.
It was cold in here like the rest of the house.
“Hello?” I called out into the room.
There was no answer.
I could see a faint outline of a light switch next to the door frame. I switched it on letting the light consume the room. I was standing in a normal looking master bedroom that was painted a lilac color. There were flowers on the dark dresser and orange bottles of pills. At the edge of the room was an outline of a body laying on a bed.
“Hello?” I called stepping closer.
The person wasn’t moving nor did they answer me.
It only took a couple more steps to realize who was lying in the bed.
His face was slimmer than before and he had dark bags underneath his eyes. His face was far too pale and for a second I thought he was dead until I saw his chest moving up and down.
“Gonam,” I cried out falling to his bedside.
I grabbed ahold of his cold hand and his eyes suddenly looked into mine.
Then he gasps pushing himself further away from me.
“Gonam!” a said once again as tears were streaming down my face.
“No!” he shouted making me jump back.
“What’s wrong?” I quickly answered.
“Go away,” he yelled at me once again.
Chills ran up and down my side as I tried to hide my hurt reaction.
“I’ll hurt you too,” he gasped.
“Hurt me,” I mumbled to myself.
Hurt me too?
Sungjong.
“But it was accident you didn’t hurt him,” I told him grabbing ahold of his hand once again.
“No no,” he gasped out as if he was in pain. “Get away from me.”           
“What’s wrong?” I asked him scanning the man’s face of any resembles of the manager.
Gonam was the joker of the group and it was strange to see him here. He wasn’t shaven nor was he exactly clean and it was strange.
It was strange that the manager who once spent a whole month convincing all of the members that the new dorm was haunted for a prank. I couldn’t understand how he let himself go.
“I killed him. I’m so sorry,” Gonam wailed as he covered his eyes.
That’s when I jumped on his bed and pulled his smelly body to me. “Please listen to me it’s not your fault. It’s no one’s fault. It’s not your fault please don’t let this destroy you.”
I could hear him crying and instead of saying another word I spent most of the next couple minutes just holding him.
I hadn’t even thought about Gonam when I left that hospital. I had been selfish and I forgotten about the things that really mattered in life. Where was I when he needed me? Where was when Sungjong needed me?
“How was-“
I ran straight into Hyowan wrapping my arms around his slim body.
“I’m sorry,” I muffled into his jacket.
“What?” Hyowan pulled away to stare down at my face.
“I’m sorry for acting like a brat okay,” I scoffed whipping off of my tears. “I didn’t realize what I was doing. I didn’t realize how bad he was…”
“I know,” Hyowan sighed patting my head.
“He thinks it’s his fault,” I told him angrily.
“Well is it his fault?” Hyowan asked me.
“No it’s no one’s fault. I mean it was a accident and Sungjong would be mad if he saw us all acting like babies,” I stated.
“You’ve learned your lesson I hope,” Hyowan answered suddenly. “Like I saw it’s no one’s fault that Sungjong is where he is today. We all have to keep on living healthily.”
“Hyung,” I suddenly looked up at him. “Was I really out of control?”
“More than ever,” he laughed even though it wasn’t a funny situation.
I felt horrible that Gonam was dealing with nightmares while I was doing fashion shows.
How could I fix this?
If only could Sungjong visit him and tell him that it wasn’t his fault. If only if he could knock some sense into him.
I could now see that this is how I’ve been acting in a way. Running away from my feelings trying my best not to think about him was all the things I’ve been doing wrong.
I couldn’t run away any longer.
I couldn’t end up like him.
“Here Dongwoo called a while ago asking about you,” Hyowan handed me my old beat up phone.
“What?” I sputtered out. “You can’t tell me this sooner?”
Hyowan gave me a warning look. “Just press redial and he should pick up.”
I bit the corner of my lip as I pressed the button then quickly brought the phone up to my ear. It was a new feeling of excitement, anger, and nervousness all wrap into one.
I loved Dongwoo hyung with all my heart but why was he speaking to me now?
The phone rang as my heart beat quickly making it hard to breathe. My fingers held on to the phone tightly as if I was scared to let it go.
“Hello,” the voiced cut though my nervousness making me smile. Even a hello from him could make me smile.
“Dongwoo Hyung,” I smiled.
“M-Myungsoo!” Dongwoo screamed so loud that I had to pull my ear away from the phone.
“How are you?” I asked when Dongwoo had calmed down.
“I’m doing fine but listen there is a reason why I called you,” Dongwoo sighed. “I need you to come to the hospital I think I figured a way to save Sungjong.”
“Really?” I shouted making Hyowan turn his attention to me.
“Yes! I mean it might not happen so we shouldn’t get our hopes up but it might and oh my god what if it did,” Dongwoo mumbled out.
“I’ll be right there,” I quickly replied.
“See you there,” Dongwoo called out.
I hanged up the phone handing it to Hyowan.
“What was that about?” he gave me a questionable look.
“We’re going to save him,” I answered him with a wide smile.
 
Hello,
I hope you enjoy this chapter. There is only going to be around twenty more chapters. So we are more than halfway over. Boo. How do you guys like it so far?