Peeling Layers

Secret Spy

Chapter 4

“Yah! Why aren’t you two in class?”  Lay looked to his left, smiling he stood up, “Yo.”  You heard footsteps behind you, and felt a pair of eyes burning your back; you tightened your grip on your ankle.  “Lay, what’s going on here?  Why is a girl on the ground?” the person said. 

“She fell, from the tree branch, and well hurt her ankle.”  You sighed, and stood up slowly, hopping a little, your felt a pair of delicate hands on your forearm, “Be careful,” the person smiled, although you couldn’t see it.  You bite your lip again, let go of me!!

All of a sudden, you felt an arm slide under your knee and another balancing on your back, you looked and saw the person who was carrying you; he looked at your cold face, “Annyeong!”

“Baekhyun, you shouldn’t do that,” Lay sighed and looked at you, “Sorry, Seo… uh um, this is Baekhyun; he always acts like this.”  You clenched your jaw, as Baekhyun looked down at you, smiling like a ninny, Mrs. Kim and he must be siblings.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMPYWHYyZIM55beanR57m

“Can you put me down?” you asked, looking into his eyes, punching him in your mind.

Baekhyun shook his head, “No can do, your hurt and I should take you to the nurse’s office.”  You bite your lip, and after a second you couldn’t take it anymore, “I said put me down!” you wiggled out of his grasp, ending up falling on the ground, hitting your shoulder.  Your skirt lifted a little and they saw your scar, they widen their eyes, “What…”

As the little pain ran through your body you looked up at them, and saw where they were staring, you quickly pulled skirt, covering the scar, “erts!”  Lay waved his hands back and forth, “No, no, no we just happen to uh…”

“Yeah, I guess we are.” Baekhyun laughed, you rolled your eyes, who are these people, so idiotic… I want to go back to the base.

“Is it alright if I at least take you to the nurse’s office?” Baekhyun asked, holding out a hand.  You ignored it and got up slowly, by yourself, “You guys should go to class,” you limped away.

After you were far gone, Lay turned to Baekhyun, “I’m kind of curious about her?”

“Why?” Baekhyun tilted his head.” 

“It’s just that she seems different,” Lay smiled

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3tkOp4_goJHGunsuukoe

and patted Baekhyun on the back, “You should go to class; I bet their missing you.”  Baekhyun stuck out his tongue, and then popped put a hand remembering something, “Ah, ‘Appas’ coming to our house today!”  Lay widen his eyes, “What?”  Baekhyun nodded, and pouted happily, “We need to clean, contact the others and tell them they need to go straight home after school.”  Lay nodded and they parted ways.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

You limped all the way to the nurse’s office, feeling someone’s eyes following you.  You went inside, and no one’s there, you closed the door and started walking normal.  You looked around the white room, this looks like Hyun Woos and my room back in base.  You turned and saw beds lined up, one with a curtain covering it.  You tilted your head and walked towards it, what are they hiding in there?  You grabbed the curtain and slowly pulled in open; there laid a man, sleeping.  You stared at the man, maybe a little too long, and then slightly closed the curtain.  You turned and ran into a pole and felt the pain back on your shoulder. 

You took off your jacket and put it on a bed, your shirt halfway, and slipped a sleeve from your shoulder.  You looked at it a found a small cut and bruise; you sighed and looked around, opening cabinets, checking if it has bandages or disinfectants.  You found it and brought it with you to the bed, and pour alcohol on cotton and pat it down on your cut, and then covered it with a bandage.  You bit your lip again, tasted the familiar blood, and grabbed the handkerchief from your jacket, again, placing it on your lips.

You shook a little when you heard a moan from the curtain; you stood up and took a peak.  You didn’t notice you still had you shirt ed when you widen the curtain exposing yourself to the sleeping man.  The man’s eyebrows furrowed, and he was moving back and forth, he must be having a nightmare.  Thoughts of Hyun Woo came into mind, who despite his past, never had trouble peacefully sleeping; and remember how he pushed the center of your eyebrows, to help you relax, sometimes when you slept in the afternoon.

You went to the side of the bed, let’s see if this actually works, you poked the center, and saw the face relax, showing delicate features.  You lifted an eyebrow and walked away from the bed, only to have a hand grabbed to your wrist.  You stiffen, fighting the urge to attack.

The man sat up and looked at your back, letting go of your wrist, “Sorry, I thought you were someone else,” the man fell back down.

You nodded and walked out of the closed curtain and went to the bed next to it, you felt a breeze and looked down only to see your shirt ed; you sighed and quickly buttoned up, and put on your jacket, making sure you still had the handkerchief. 

After you finished, the door opened and closed, you turned to your side and saw Kris, staring at you wide-eye, quickly changing to a sleazy smile, “Looky who we have here, is that Seo Young perhaps?” 

He stride towards you, bending down till he was inches from your blank face.  “What are you doing here… hurt?” his eyes traveled down to your bleeding lips, and smirked, “Perhaps I can help you with your little problem,” he was leaning more closer to you, you bit your lip and kicked his shin standing up, pulling your bag over your shoulder, and walked out the door.

“That’s interesting,” Kris clutched his shin as he turned around to the owner of the voice, opening the curtain wide open, still lying on the bed.

  Kris sat on the bed and sighed, “I knew you were here, Kai.”  Kai lifted an eyebrow and hanged his feet to the side as he sat up, resting his chin on his arched hands, “This is the first time you failed, huh Kris?”

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMSsatV1tibAsU9UJY0dt

 Kris laughed, and looked at the closed door, “Yea, I guess.  That girl is really weird, I mean any girl would just kiss me right on the spot, or blush terribly, but her… nothing.”

“Kind of disappointing,” Kai stretched out his hands, “You should’ve come earlier.”  Kris furrowed his eyebrows, and Kai continued, “Her shirt was ed, you could’ve made use of that.”  Kris widens his eyes and stood up, “WAIT! What did you do?”

Kai snickered, “I didn’t do anything, get those dirty thoughts out of your mind.  It’s just when I woke up and saw her, and yea.”  Kris pouted, “Don’t do anything to girls; their body is precious to them.”  Kai stood up and patted Kris on the shoulder, “You shouldn’t say that Kris, you’re a playboy remember.  You take girls innocents every day.”

“N… no, I never go that far, I stop after…” Kris stammered, Kai held up a hand, “Yea, we all know.” Kris rested his palm on his chest, and sighed, “Good,” he folded his hands behind his head, and lay on the bed.  Kai yawned and looked at the closed door, “So why did you come here?”

A smile crawled on Kris’s face, practically glowing as he sat up looking in Kai’s eyes, “’Appas’ coming!”

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrjURcpn2ycIb4QqAY0nd

------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You walked out, biting your lip, tasting the blood again, God, when did this habit come back?  You got the handkerchief again, and the bell rung.  People started pouring out of classes and suddenly you ran into someone, “Sorry,” the voice said, amazed you didn’t fall down.  You looked up at his face, and his weird colored hair, what the heck!  The owner of the voice stared at you, not saying another word, his eyes traveled to the handkerchief on your lip, his eyes widen a little, his mouth opened to say something, but Hyun Woo wrapped his arm around your shoulder, “Seo Young!” he looked at the man, and bowed, “Ah! So you already met the Vice President, Sehun.” 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmTFuSCALsXe-Tu4Mg4SI

Sehun bowed and walked away, “That’s weird.”

Hi Na appeared next to you and smiled, “Don’t worry, he’s not really the talkative type, in fact I don’t think I’ve ever heard him speak before.”  You turned to Hi Na, whose eyes widened, “Seo Young, why are you holding a handkerchief on your lip?  Are you bleeding?”  Hyun Woo looked at you, and you pulled the handkerchief away, revealing your cut lip from biting too much.  Hyun Woo let out a loud laugh, “Seo Young, I thought you gave up that habit, when did you start doing that again?” 

You clenched your teeth and walked away, “Wait! Seo Young!” Hi Na and Hyun Woo yelled as they came after you.

------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

  You came home with Hyun Woo after school and collapse on the coach; Ms. Kang looked at Hyun Woo, Hyun Woo laughed, “Umma, Seo Young seems to hate school.”

“Hate school? Oh, that’s common, but…” Ms. Kang bent over the coach, as you stared blankly at the ceiling, she looked at your lips, “OMO!” she gasped as she walked around the coach, grabbing you by the shoulders, pulling you up, “Why are you lips like that, did something happen?”  Hyun Woo weaved his way behind Ms. Kang and looked at your lips, “Don’t worry Umma, her habit came back.”

“Habit?” Ms. Kang repeated, holding you, like she was protecting a baby from being hurt.

“When she was younger she use to bite her lip every minute of every second, I use to thought it was because she’s nervous, but it wasn’t,” Hyun Woo laughed, he turned and saw your blank face, staring him down, he whistle and went upstairs, yelling, “Umma! I’m going to change!”

“Okay, I’m going to make cookies, so change fast!” she looked at you and took a stand of hair and tuck it behind your ear, “You should stop that habit, your beautiful lips looks like an elephants right now,” she got up, “Come, your making cookies with me.”  Will she stop trying to be my mother; she’s NEVER going to be!

She dragged you to the kitchen; she is much stronger than you thought.  “Umma! Don’t start without me!” Hyun Woo yelled as he skidded into the kitchen.  He didn’t notice you were red with fury when he put his arm around you. 

You stiffen and glared at him before you took his wrist, twisted it, wrapped him around, kicked him in the inner thigh, and threw him over the table, by letting go of his hand at the right moment.  You blinked after, and looked at Hyun Woo on the ground, you bit your lip, Whoops, I didn’t mean that, but he should know that he should never… ugh!  Is he dead?

“HYUN WOO!” Ms. Kang ran to Hyun Woo, just as Mr. Kim walked into the house.  Mr. Kim walked into the kitchen and saw: You leaning on the counter, blank; Ms. Kang shaking the laying Hyun Woo on the floor, the floor!  He ran towards them and knelt down next to Hyun Woo, “What happened?”

Ms. Kang glared at you and slapped your head, Who does she think she…?

“Why did you do that huh? I thought you were in control, what the heck were you thinking?” Ms. Kang practically spitted in your face.

“It’s okay umma,” Hyun Woo got up and rubbed his head, “It’s my fault.”

“No, it’s not. It’s her fault…”

“He said it’s not my fault, he knew he was going to be flipped if he even touched me…”

“See you’re just making excuses! He touched you well enough before!” Ms. Kang blared, you rolled your eyes and bumped shoulders with her as you passed by; her grip wasn’t strong enough to keep you from going out the door.  Ms. Kang screamed, “You come back here right now! Seo Young!” 

Mr. Kang grabbed her and put her back inside, “Just let her be, she’s acting like a real teenager that just had a fight with her mother.”

“But…” Hyun Woo got up from the floor, as Ms. Kang started patting him, “Are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere?”

He shook his head, “Ani, I’m used to this, it just took me from surprise, so I passed out by the hit.”  Ms. Kang sighed, and Mr. Kim laughed, “You’re really mother material Ms. Kang.”  She hit him in the gut and looked out the door, “Do you think I was too rough on her?”

“Nope, I think you were too nice,” Hyun Woo smiled, and went around the table to wash his hands, “Let’s just make cookies, so she can eat them when she comes back.”

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRP1WNyKk4y8cHfabSyPb_

 

 

Authors Note:

This chapter is kind of long.  I wrote this when I was in the car going to Americas Florida^^ for my break^^.  I hope you like it though.  If you can tell me what you think, Hwaiting!!^^ Seo Young’s the first one that actually heard Sehun talked wah!  And is Ms. Kang acting too motherly to them, and is Seo Young peeling her layers a little bit? Stay tuned (>^.^)>