Sunshine Orphanage

Secret Spy

 

Warning: Mentions little abuse.

 

 

 

Chapter 16

“Seo Young! Are you sure you’re okay?” Ms. Kang yelled through the door, “You’ve been in there for almost two weeks!  Please come out!”  Ms. Kang huffed and Hyun Woo came home from school and went upstairs, “Is she still not opening?”  Ms. Kang sighed, “Ne.”

“Can I open it now?”  Ms. Kang looked at the door again.  The whole time Ms. Kang didn’t allow Hyun Woo to open the door because she wanted you to have privacy and thought you just needed you-time, but seriously two weeks; Ms. Kang shook her head, “Do your thing Hyunnie.”

Hyun Woo smiled and got his tools out; he unlocked the door in seconds, and opened it wide, but once they got in there,

“Where is she?” Ms. Kang went frantic as she started looked at the most absurd places, “Where is she?!” 

“Halmeoni, what’s wrong?” Chong Ho asked from outside the door, as he awoke from his afternoon nap; Hyun Woo was blocking the door with his body; he tilted his head to the side, “Where’s Eomma?”  The other kids were in school; they started a week ago, but Chong Ho was too young, so he stayed at home with Ms. Kang.  Hyun Woo smiled and knelt down to be eye level with the boy, “Your Eomma is at the hospital remember; halmeonim, is just trying to find her old doll she gave to your Eomma and your Eomma threaten she’ll burn it, so now halmeonim’s trying to find it to make sure she didn’t burn it.” 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXw80QAVc4ClDF_k4bH9M

Chong Ho nodded at the explanation and then looked up at Hyun Woo, “I’m bored! I want Eomma!”  Hyun Woo sighed, “I know, but you have to hang out with Halmeonim, since I’m going to hang out with a couple of my friends.”

“Friends? What friends?” Ms. Kang asked as she went next to him; Hyun Woo smiled and looked up at the woman, “My friends from school; their all part of the student council…so…”

“Ah! Ok,” she went to Chong Ho, “That means we get to hang out again…” she looked at her watch, “Oh, we have to pick up your noona and hyungs lets go hmm.”  Chong Ho pouted, but grabbed unto Ms. Kangs hand and walked away from the waving Hyun Woo.

After they were out of sight Hyun Woo looked inside your room, “What are you up too, Seo Young?” he asked himself as he closed your door shut and went to his room to change.

---------------------------------------------------

For two whole weeks; you been ‘researching’… okay you’ve been stalking Sunshine Orphanage, getting as much data as you can from looking at the outside.  From what a eye can see; it looks like a safe place for children to play and the buildings painted with all sorts of colors that make you want to throw up; you’ve notice that no couples come or people looking for a child, only daily ‘customers’ come by.  Now, you’re actually going to go on territory, This is going to be interesting.

You walked inside the office and sat down on the long yellow coach, waiting for the owner to arrive. The owner arrived a few seconds later; she was a tall, yet a stubby woman, with wrinkles that covered her folds… “Ms. Kim, I presume,” she said in her deep nasally voice.  You nodded; you saw as the owner, Ms. Han, looked at you with suspicion, “Is there a reason why you applied here?”

“Ani, I’m just looking for a job to pay the bills ma’am.”  Ms. Han let out a sly laugh as she leaned forward placing her chin on her palms, “Usually people try to impress me by saying because they love kids and yada, but you… I like you.”  Hmp! Got her at the palm of my hand.  “We’ll start you off on cleaning duty, but seeing you now; I predict in two weeks you will be the head, the ones that actually ‘deal’ with the children,” Ms. Han said as she flipped through a folder, which seems to be your ‘fake’ resume.  “I just hope you have the guts,” was the last thing she said before someone rushed in and whispered in her ear… a huge smile grew across her face as she cooed, “Do you think you can start right now?”

You lifted an eyebrow unseen behind your bangs and nodded, “As soon as possible… of course.”  The more you looked at the woman the horrendous she became; you look at the man beside her, he looked young, maybe at least the same age as you if not a little older.  “Good, Mr. Kim please show her to the room,” she turned to you and pointed to the man, “Ms. Kim, this man, Mr. Kim, is going to be your partner in… crime, so please get along,” Mr. Kim nodded and you nodded back and was about to go out the door until, “Oh and Ms. Kim, Welcome to the Sunshine Family.”  You cringed when she said family, especially since it came from that type of person’s mouth, but you nodded and followed Mr. Kim.

You walked in silence next to Mr. Kim until you reached a room; you heard a deep sigh as he opened the door, revealing the room; you widened your eyes slightly, for split second, as you took a look at the room, What the … so this is the Private playroom.

“I’ll go and get the cart; you stay here and make sure no kids pass by, arraseo,” Mr. Kim said tiredly as he slugged along the hallway; you took this opportunity to observe the room, unnoticed: The bed was unmade; and the blankets seemed to be forced to the floor, as if someone was pushed off it while tangled up in the sheets.  The carpets matted, and you saw clumps of hair on it.  You stared at the walls near the bed, some were dented and others looked wet like the bed. 

“Umm, excuse me?”  You turned around and found a middle age man staring at you; you looked to his side and saw a confused, yet scared little girl next to him, “Is this room vacant?”  You unnoticeable clenched your teeth, these disgusting, horrific, things that have called themselves human, I want to cut this guys ….

“I’m sorry sir, but this place is sent for a clean-up; I believe there’s a room vacant at the end of the hall three doors to the left,” Mr. Kim went beside you and bowed stiffly, “I’m sorry for the inconvenience.”  The middle aged man sighed and bowed slightly as he tugged the little girl with him; the girl looked back at you pleading for someone to save her, She looks familiar too familiar… Before you could figure out, Mr. Kim tapped your shoulder, “Come on in… watch your feet.”

You nodded and followed him inside; you heard him deeply sighed as he put on the gloves and picked up a clump of hair.  You grabbed some gloves and put them on your delicate looking hands helping with the pick up; he looked at you and suddenly said, “You’re the first one I’ve seen who started the job and didn’t throw up by the site.”

“What do you mean?” you looked up at the young man and his eyes glinted with surprise, and then, “You’ll figure out over time…”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hyun Woo!!” someone screamed as Hyun Woo walked into a café; he turned and smiled, “Hi Ah!”  He walked to them and Hi Ah scooted for him to sit next to her, “Annyeong, Everyone!” Hyun Woo smiled brightly almost blinding everyone in the room.  Hyun Woo felt someone’s intense stare and he looked forward only to meet the eyes of the Class President, “What’s wrong Class President Luhan?”

Luhan coughed, embarrassed of being caught and said, “Your sister, Seo Young, hasn’t been in school for two weeks and counting, tell me why?” 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNHPfw_qhEFuGl3W5BpTH

Hyun Woo shrunk a little knowing that Luhan wasn’t asking, but demanding.  “Luhan, I’m sure there’s a reasonable explanation… not everybody is at school 24/7, like you,” Suho calmly sighed. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRe6YqGbHVdMLaRGfXbdnA

Luhan huffed, “Yea right! She ditched classes every day, so it’s obvious she’s skipping school.  She doesn’t even care about school, she just sits on her lazy as…”

“She’s been sick this whole time!” Hyun Woo interrupted.  He hates it when people talk about you and when they do, he just snaps.  Luhan lifted an eyebrow and rested his chin on his palms, “How can someone be sick for that long?”

“She doesn’t have a good immune system; she always get sick easily, ever since she was young,” Hyun Woo sighed; he’s telling the truth you do get sick easily, but you never show it, sometimes deceiving yourself in the process.  Hyun Woo didn’t notice that someone was looking at him; his face was blank, and he didn’t speak, but his eyes were downturned.  Hi Ah noticed, “Then why don’t we just go visit her; I’m sure she’ll enjoy the company…” she looked at everyone expectantly.  “What about the movie? I wanna see it!” Hyun Shik pouted and everyone else agreed.  Hyun Woo let out a breath, but then, “We’ll go to the movie first then we can visit Seo Young.”  Hyun Woo widened his eyes at Luhan, who glared at him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You finished cleaning the room, while getting some samples unnoticed by Mr. Kim.  Mr. Kim told you to look to see if any other rooms need to be cleaned and then call him over. 

You were walking through the halls, disgusted with the aura surrounding it; “ANI!!!!” you froze in front of a door, to a deathly scream of a little girl; you turned to the door you’re standing in front of.  “ANI! ANI! DUWAJESEYO!” you heard banging coming from the door; you swallowed, “Come here you little…”

Out of impulse you punched the wall beside the door, burning a hole right through it.  The screaming stopped and you heard the door opening; you dashed away to a corner, planting yourself on the wall.  The middle age man seemed angry, by his voice as he was adjusting his tie muttering, “Dang it! That just ruined the mood! I hate it when kids play hard to get!... God I have to get these stains out…blah blah.”  He walked the other way and you sneak out of the corner and stood in front of the abandon room.

You stared down a the little girl; that was bleeding from her head as she cowered to the edge of the bed; you sighed and walked a little closer, the little girl closed her eyes, but then widened when you patted her hair, “Don’t worry; he’s gone.”  The little girl looked up at your unemote face; you sighed and knelt down to be eye-level with her, “Can you walk?”

The little girl nodded her head and started to stand up, but immediately fell back down; you sighed and picked her up; she was shaking in your grasped, but quickly calm down as you left the room.

“What happen?!” Mr. Kim asked as he found you walking through the deserted halls; you turned to him, “Where’s the nurse’s office?”  Mr. Kim blinked and looked from side to side and whispered, “Not here, follow me.”

You followed him to a bright pink room and closed the door behind him; you placed the little girl on the bed; where she just laid there, unmoving.  “You’re crazy newbie… if they find out you will be fired on the spot… or worst.”  You shrugged and got out the first aid kit tending to her wounds.

The whole time was silent and when you were done tending to the wounds as the little girl fell asleep; “Are you going to tell?”  Mr. Kim froze and looked at you blank face staring back at him; he looked at the little girl and then you again shaking his head, “Ani.”

“Why not?”  Mr. Kim sat next to you and sighed, “You should leave this place; it’s not a good place.”

“You should take your own advice.”  Mr. Kim shook his head and looked at you as he choked, “I can’t…” you observed his movements: his hands were shaking, his breath quicken; his eyes were glassy… that’s when you figured out he’s one of them; he was one of the kids, from the 2001 Missing Kids list, one of seven, who was missing that year… Kim Seok Jin.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_nnXUeiQB_VFrY58eYPe

 

 

 

Authors Note:

Annyeong!  I hope you guys enjoy this chapter^^  I worked on this when I was in school, (Abandoning my homeworkL), and I just got to update it now, since we have a day off YAY!!  Which is also good since I stayed up all night again; doing the homework I forgot to do haha.  Anyways you finally went on ‘enemy’ territory, trying to figure out what kind of organization owns this orphanage, since you think it somehow is connected to ‘you… which it is.  And you got meet Kim Seok Jin^^Again I hope you guys really like it.  Stay Tuned <(o.o<)

Have a Treat:

exo_macro_4_by_channiebaconette-d56j9wc.  This picture illustrates Class President Luhan so much kekeke ^v^