Snowflakes

Secret Spy

 

Chapter 23 December 2013

It has been a few months now, and all you been doing was ditching class and going to the Sunshine Orphanage.  You still have the cuts and bruises on your body from a few months back, but of course you never had enough time to recover before they added new ones.  It all was too familiar… you feel like you went back 12 years ago, being tortured sensibly like that.

You were almost , but each time Seok Jin saved you by saying someone needed to see that person, and each time he help your wounds.  You could tell that he was suffering when you were… his eyes were glassy every time he looked at you and sometimes a tear escaped from his eye.  The others would always try to protect you the way they can, but you end up protecting them by taking their punishment, and often the people will allow it because of your ‘title’… whatever that meant.

You also spied on Kim Kibum, or Key, which you soon figured out, it was his alias.  You didn’t do anything except watch his every movement; you know you’re not doing your assignment exactly how Boss wanted, get rid of him, but you somehow feel he’s not a threat… to you at least.

Now, at this very moment, you’re just looking out the window, following the first snowflakes that are falling for the first time this winter; you sighed and opened the window, leaning out trying to catch the snowflakes, but all of them just teased your fingertips as they danced along the outline,

“Snowflakes are falling down, sunshine went out of town. 

Clouds are going about the city, while these dainty little snowflakes are looking rather pretty

All of them a different and unique just like you and me

So don’t let them touch you or they’ll melt

Being gone from this world forever, not having another exactly like itself.

“Yah, that doesn’t rhyme… it doesn’t even make sense!” you pouted as you went closer to Kai, who was sitting in front of the warm fireplace… hot cocoa in hand.  “Who said poems need to rhyme?” your Eomma asked as she draped a warm blanket around you two, “And besides you never complained about it rhyming before… you love that poem.”  You smiled and stuck out your tongue, “I still do,” you turned to Kai, who was still staring blankly at the fireplace, “Ne, you like that poem too right?” you asked as you poked him, wanting his attention.

After a few moments of not getting his attention you ran into the kitchen, “Eomma! He’s ignoring me, again!”  Your Eomma laughed and turned to you as she held an icing bag, “Aigoo, are you and your boyfriend having a fight again?”

“H-he’s not m-my boyfriend,” you muttered at your eomma, hoping she doesn’t see the blush creeping on your face.  “Well, deary he is a boy and he is your friend…” she paused and looked at you, “Why don’t you bring along any of your other friends?”  You bit you lip, *Because he’s the only one,* you wanted to say, but instead you just shrugged and ran back to the fireplace. 

You pouted as Kai was still staring blankly at the fireplace, *What can I do to make him talk to me?* before you knew it your little pink lips pressed his cheek with the lightest touch.  He abruptly turned around and you stared at him wide-eye and then suddenly hit him, “YAH! This is what you get for ignoring me Ka…”

You felt a warm brush against your cheek and you fluttered your eyes open, only to find yourself sleeping on the window rim.  You abruptly shot up noticing your head is covered with snow and closed the window; you then cupped your cheeks, “Why did I feel so warm?” you asked yourself just as the door swung open, “Eomma!!”

You turned around to see JunHyung and Chong Ho with bright smiles and glassy eyes… you hitched in a breath, Is that really them? You asked yourself because the last time you saw them was two months ago.

Two Months Earlier:

“EOMMA!!” you shot up from your bed and immediately went to their room, cradling their bodies to yours, “What is it?” you whispered as they sobbed in your arms.  The kids didn’t answer instead their limbs were flying all over the place; you widened your eyes a little as you saw crimson liquid oozing out of their mouths, What the… what is going on?”

“Oh God!” you turned and saw Ms. Kang standing at the doorway with tears in her eyes, “The chemical must have reached their brain,” she muttered barely audible to the human ear, but you knew what she said; you growled, “What chemical?”  Ms. Kang looked at you wide-eye, but didn’t speak; although she didn’t say it you knew what chemical she was talking about.

You immediately ran out of the room with the two boys, Ms. Kang closely behind you.  “Get in!” Ms. Kang said as she went to the front seat; you bit your lip and quickly went to the back seat cradling the kids, “HURRY!” you demanded and Ms. Kang ram the petal.

After you arrived you jumped out the car and hurried in the emergency room, where the people put them on beds and hurried away to a room; you just stood there, blood all over your clothes, wet stains on your shoulder; you flinched as you felt a hand on your shoulder, “Mianhae Seo Young… I should’ve told you.”

“What’s done is done… after that there’s no reason for sorrys,” you shrugged her hand off and walked away.  Ms. Kang let her hand fall to her side loosely, looking at your retreating figure, “Mian, Seo Young… I don’t want you to lose your happiness completely,” a tear rolled down her cheeks and she looked at her phone and hesitantly dialed a number before putting it to her ear, “Yeoboseyo?”

“I need your help.”

Where are you?”  Ms. Kang sighed, “I’m at Seoul Central Hospital.”  There was a moment of silence before, “Arraseo, I’ll be there.”  Ms. Kang put her phone in her purse and walked into the direction you went.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You were looking at the huge sliding doors; you sighed and bit your lip as you walked away out of the hospital and ran to the Sunshine Orphanage.  They did this… all of them did this… they are going to pay!

You made it to the steps of the Sunshine Orphanage and slowly went in, “Ah, your back…” Ms. Hwa said walking up towards you; you clenched your fist, Calm down Seo Young… now’s not the time to attack… not yet.  You nodded and Ms. Hwa laughed, “Are you stupid?  Guess you won’t be going home for the night.”  You looked at her confused and she grabbed your arm, “A lockdown was scheduled for today… so you’ll just stay in the others room till morning,” she dragged you down the hall roughly; you didn’t resisted since you were too shocked at how familiar this feeling was; she soon stopped and then threw you into the room shocking six half- boys.

You just lay there, why does this feel… I’m scared, seriously scared… you shut your eyes and bit your lip and jumped as someone touched your shoulder, “Seo Young, it’s ok, it’s just us.”  You bit your lip and stood up, turning to them, they smiled, “Hyungs already sleeping…”

“I’m tired,” you bluntly stated as you walked over to a bed and covered yourself with the blanket, not noticing the lump on the other side.  You turned your body away from the boys and closed your eyes, whistling yourself to sleep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ms. Kang stayed in the room the two little boys were staying at, she sighed and suddenly a man came in, “Ms. Kang long time no see.”

“And whose fault is that?” Ms. Kang gave a slight smile before looking back at the two kids, “I should’ve came to you earlier, than none of this would never happen… and I wouldn’t have lost the first two…” the man looked at Ms. Kang and was about to open his mouth when, “Please take care of these two… I don’t know if they’ll make it, but it’s a favor I ask of you.”

“Of course, why would I ever deny a request from a person who saved me from the wrath of Boss,” he clenched his teeth and sighed, “Why don’t you just go?”  Ms. Kang gave a soft smile and patted his hair, “Please, take care of them,” with that she left.  The man sighed and took the children off the machine and cradled them in his arms as he jumped out the window without a sound.

He entered a house, “Key! Who are…”

“Placed them on the bed now!” Key demanded as he handed the kids to Chen, then digging in his bag and letting the little ones swallow.  After Key was done he turned to the twelve men behind him, “How are the other two?”

“They haven’t…” just then they heard shuffling and, “CHONG HO, JUNHYUNG!”  The thirteen of them watched as the two kids ran over to the two others, “What happened!” the girl cried trying to wake up the younger.  Key looked at them and asked, “Do you know each other?”  The little girl nodded still shaking the unconscious younger and then the boy said, “We were from the same orphanage.”  Key lifted an eyebrow, “What orphanage?”

“Sunshine Orphanage,” the girl and boy said in unison.

--------------------------------------------------------

You woke up and quickly left the building, going to the hospital.  You went up to a nurse and asked her were the patients Chong Ho and JunHyung were.  The nurse looked pithily at you and told you that they could not be found, that they disappeared last night.

Back to the Present:

You widened your eyes as two more kids came in, “Unni/ Noona, were back!”  You tilted your head and pinched yourself to see if you were dreaming, but you weren’t.  Unconsciously, a single tear fell down your cheek as you pulled them all into a hug, not knowing that twelve people were watching you from afar.  My snowflakes... once their gone their gone, but these four are special.

 

Authors Note:

Annyeong!!! I hope you enjoy this chapter where I did a time swap *I think that’s what its called*^^  I honestly don’t know what I wrote, but all in all I hope you like it^^  I also put it to where it is now December, so it can be close to my Christmas Special^^  What happened during those months with Exo… I bet your wondering^^ You’ll see in the next chapter^^ Stay Tuned ^(%.%)^  Oh and if it's confusing at some spots feel free to ask^^  Oh and sorry for no pics in this Chapter^^

Treat:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ90iwmiUXKIfj7nbPMNVL  Now Everyone i want you to treat Lay like one of the family... so Yea, Curly you may take a seat^^  *Lays tooo cute^^*