Bedtime Story

Secret Spy

Warning: abuse and is mentioned.  If you can't handle it please do not force yourself to read.

 

 

 

 

Chapter 15

You woke up 5am sharp and rubbed your eyes with your balled up fist, that’s weird I didn’t dream… at all, you felt something move at your side you tilted your head and wondered, Is that Hyun Woo? Of course you knew it wasn’t him, the one that was next to you was smaller in comparison, too small, and now that you think about it; you weren’t even on your bed, What happened last night?

You tilted your head and closed your eyes: “Eomma’s always… going… to… be… here?” you said as you walked into Hyun Woo’s or should you say the Kid’s room and placed Chong Ho on the bed.  You brought the blanket up to the crying kids chin and wiped away the stray hairs on his forehead.  You sighed and walked to the other side of the bed and shuffled under the blanket next to him.  “Eomma are you going to stay with me the whole night?” Chong Ho asked as he snuggled up further into the blanket.  You sighed and forgot your better judgment as you nodded.

Chong Hi sniffed a little; you sighed, “Now go to sleep.”

“Can you tell me a story?”  You bit you lip and took a deep breath and you slipped further into the blanket, “Once upon a time, there was a girl, who loved life so much; I mean her life was perfect, well to her at least.  She didn’t have friends, but who needs friends when she had the best parents in the world?

“What happens if you don’t have parents?” Chong Ho asked suddenly holding in his breath; you blinked, ignoring the question for you don’t know the answer yourself, “All questions at the end,” you looked at Chong Ho and he nodded, motioning you to continue.  You looked back up at the ceiling, “She met someone for the first time, someone that didn’t like her and that seemed to intrigue her, making it her mission to become friends with this boy…”

“How old was she?” Chong Ho asked, but then quickly covered his mouth and sighed as he knew you weren’t going to… “She was five at the time.”

“Anyways, this girl met the boy while sneaking into an alley when she heard music, she watched as the boy moved to the rhythm, almost as she was mesmerized.  The boy fixed her foot, since she accidentally stepped on glass, but he never told her his name, instead he just left.  A week later they met again, she twisted her foot, but still limped to him; she asked for his name again, but still no, so instead she gave him a nickname…

“What was his nickname?” You tilted your head and bit your lip as you continued, “That still remains a mystery, but that’s not the point.” You shifted a little to make yourself more comfortable as you continued talking, “They started hanging out with each other, every day with him was, well heaven for her; she didn’t know why.  One day he told her that he doesn’t have a family, that he only lives with ‘them’…” you didn’t even know about what you were saying, but it continued to come, “They never let him do anything, never come out, but on special days he was allowed to be out; she didn’t question him because she feared that if she knew too much; she would lose him.”

“When that girl turned six; everything in her life went wrong.”

“What happened?”

“She lost everything,” you took a breath, “Her parents died right before her eyes and she never got to say goodbye.” You held in tears, “She was taken away, tortured, until one day someone saved her.  They took her in and treated her horrendous wounds.  The days in her treatment she began to think of revenge on the people who killed her parents.” Your voice became bitter, “The people who saved her trained her as well.  It was vicious how they trained her; she was trained day and night, little food, and almost no time to sleep, but she kept going because the power of revenge overcame her, and sometime during those training, she died inside, her old self died; and an emotionless, powerful robot was born.”

“She started to kill and destroy on command and she hurt anyone in her way; she was too deadly.  She always had nightmares at night; only fueling her more to seek revenge, the robot only lived by that.  So once her revenge is complete she will completely shut down.”

“Wait, what happened to the boy?”

“She has no idea, the last time she saw him was when she gave him her necklace.”  Chong Ho nodded slowly and then said, “Wait, so the robot will die?”  You nodded, “Ne.”

“That’s such a sad story, Eomma, why will the robot die, can she find another source or can the girl become alive again?”  You bit your lip and turned to your side, “Ani… Now go to sleep,” you closd your eyes and then…

“My parents abandoned me when I was two… they said they didn’t love me anymore,” Chong Ho said, “Someone I didn’t know took me to an orphanage, that’s where I met noona and hyungs, I remember that they always injected us with something, but…” he paused and then continued, “ I hate needles, but I didn’t run away because where would I run too.  I had noona and hyungs, even if they did hurt and touch us, I couldn’t run; I didn’t want to leave them behind.”  You blinked as you watched his usually tear-filled or happy face, turned stern and blank; you just laid there and listened. 

“The… owners… they,” he swallowed, “they… well they usually did hurt us, but that was because we were bad; we didn’t listen or didn’t do our chores right or such, I always thought we were bad; that no one will ever love us because that’s what they told us.  Sponsors of the orphanage come and play with us; they take some children in a room for secret/ private play.  Seohyun noona said that we shouldn’t get notice by them and that we should hide from them.” He started to hiccup, “but one day, a sponsor noticed me and took me for a private play along with Taeyang Hyung… I look back and saw Noona watched in horror as the old man dragged us away, but she couldn’t do anything; instead she just held onto JunHyung Hyung and ran to the bushes...” he sighed and took a deep breath.

“We entered the room and I looked at the workers who were at the door talking with the man, the worker smiled and looked at me with a mischievous eye as the door closed.  I head the door click and the old man turned to us and he… grabbed onto me… and tried to…”  You pulled him into a hug and the little boy started to sob; you pat his back and shushed him, “You don’t have to say anymore… let’s think of something happy, hmm?”

The boy nodded and pulled away, “I’m happy that we met you that day! I’m happy that you took us in! I’m happy you’re my Eomma! And I’m happy that… you’re my friend!”  You nodded and petted his head, but he lunged to you and held you tight, “After you get your revenge, please don’t leave.”  You blinked and in a breath…

You ruffled your hair in frustration, “Aish! Why did I tell him all that?! God, that was stupid of me!!”  You froze as the boy shifted; you turned and although it was pitched black in the room; you knew he was having another nightmare.  You sighed and placed a hand on his hair, surprised that you didn’t have any rejecting thoughts that you’ll eventually disobeyed.

The boy calmed down under your hand; you shook your head, What happened to you and the others should not go unnoticed… I don’t want you kids to turn into a robot that will self-destruct as soon as its mission is complete… so this robot will do you the favor and take that revenge off your shoulders.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------

You spent your whole weekend researching.  The day you woke up, you went to your room and immediately kicked out everyone, who was in there and locked the door.  You then went to your computer and hacked your owned organizations files as well as other organizations.

You skimmed through as you already knew some of the information, but then something caught your eye… it wasn’t a word or paragraph it was a folder, something you haven’t seen before.  You pressed on it, and typed in a password, but oddly enough you couldn’t get through to it.  You put in codes and scanned them trying to figure out how to get through to it, but still nothing.

You became frustrated after an hour of trying to uncrack the code, but still zip.  This must be important, too important, that even I can’t crack it… interesting… I’ll save that for later then.

You went into the SOC network next and started reading and stopped at a pacific article title: DHW True Identity, you just stared at the screen, hand hovering over the article; you swallowed, True Identity? What does that mean… what does that…

“Seo Young are you sick? Are you going to school?” You heard Hyun Woo ask as he knocked on the door; you then realized you’ve been on the computer without any food or water the whole weekend.   You jumped as you heard the door knob jiggle, I forgot, he’s an expert at unlocking locks.  You quickly exited out everything and turned off your computer as you lunged to your bed and pulled up the covers over your head.

The door opened after a second, “Seo Young,” Hyun Woo walked to your bed and slightly pulled the covers off, “Are you really sick?”  You shivered and moved slightly; Hyun Woo widened his eyes as he pulled your bangs up and put his forehead on yours, “Seo Young, you should stay in bed, you have a tempt of 38 C.  I’ll tell Eomma to give you some herbal soup… I know you hate taking medicine.” 

After a minute, he pulled his forehead away and pulled the blanket to your chin, “I’ll let the kids know, not to mess with you, so they won’t get sick… For now just stay in bed and go to sleep., and don’t worry I’ll bring your homework.”  Hyun Woo walked away and closed the door; you fluttered your eyes open, DHW True Identity.

You didn’t follow Hyun Woo’s instruction, instead you went straight back to the computer and press the file again, should I? What are they talking about with DHW?... Ani, I can’t; they saved me, I trust them.  So whatever their enemy… my enemy says is not so…

You exited out the whole thing and sighed as you put your face in your hands, “UGH!!!” you groaned as you ruffled your hair.  You then remembered your conversation with Chong Ho; you looked at your blank screen and blinked, and before you know it; you were researching orphanages in this area.

Chong Ho never told you what orphanage they were in, but you found it pretty fast, “Sunshine Orphanage,” you lifted an eyebrow and looked at the list; you hacked they’re security and found some disturbing things.

Something isn’t right here… this orphanage is owned by an organization, but which one?... The volunteers and the workers , abuse, and even sometimes kill the children.  Sponsors of the orphanage get paid by the organization to the kids for their disgusting pleasure.

You furrowed your eyebrows as you looked over the kids profiles; you even went to police records, and you widened your eyes again, All the kids are connected… they weren’t abandoned; they all went missing the same year.

 

Authors Note:

Annyeong! This chapter is a little sad and quite disturbing a little, but I hope this chapter gives you an insight on what happened to the kids and also see as Seo Young’s finally told her story to someone… well the only parts she can remember.  I debated on whether i should rate it M or not, so i just desided to give a warning, instead of rating the whole thing M; i hope thats ok.  I wrote this just to give an insight, but I hope you guys enjoy it?

I’m sorry for a sad chapter and suspense at the end so here’s something happy:

tumblr_m2h8hxmeoj1qihji8o2_250.gif Don't be sad, be happy.