A New Year

Secret Spy

Chapter 27

A new year began, and you got another call… from Boss.  You closed your eyes and answered, “Yeoboseyo?”

Ah… Seo Young, did you do it? Did you ‘get rid of him’?”  You took a deep breath, “Aniyo Boss, I just thought it would be better to observe him first… so I can get the files he had…”

Tsk tsk tsk, Seo Young, you know I only asked you to ‘get rid of him’ not get the files…” his light voice changed, “Since you disobeyed my orders I think I’ll have to punish you, not only for you inability to follow orders, but also because you didn’t freakin kill the bastard; one of our own is now missing!”

YAH! Do you hear me! It was because of you!”  You dropped the phone and hugged your knees, Ne… I should just kill him… why can’t I kill him.  For some reason, I know he’s important.

You picked up your phone and looked at the screen, opening the message, Seo Young; I assigned the mission for someone else… I’ll look over this one time, but I won’t let you off again.  You clutched the phone and closed your eyes, I deserve it… I should’ve killed him… but…

You got up and grabbed a notebook, opening the cover and skimming your fingers on the crossed off names, these people were killed by hands without a second thought.  From when I was only 8… you kept skimming the names, you only knew some of the reasons why you killed them… you kept skimming until you saw something abnormal… a name was crossed out with a different color, I remember this…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

7 Years ago…

“Seo Young, you don’t have to do this,” a woman said as she gently placed her gun on the ground as you told her too.   You squinted your eyes and held the pistol tighter, “Get on your knees,” you demanded which the latter obediently obeyed.  “Seo Young, will you just listen to me?”

You stared at the woman, knowing that you should just kill her at the spot… but curiosity got the better of you, “Does it include how you know my name?”  The woman nodded, “But can I asked a question first before?”  You scolded, but accepted her request; she took a breath, “Do you want to kill me?”

You bit your lip, “Of course, I was assigned t…”

“Why?”

“Because you’re a threat…”

“A threat to who?”

“A threat to our organization?”  The woman just looked at you and a smirk appeared, “Ahh… of course,” she looked away, “I know your halmeoni… well knew,” she paused to look back at you to see a reaction, but nothing… yet, “She was like an eomoni to me, we were in the same group… they saved me from the streets when I was little.  Your harabeoji was a scientist… an excellent one at that, while your halmeoni just worked on treating the traumatized children… like a therapist.  I didn’t talk, but she understood, did everything to get close to me…I evidentially expressed myself to her.  She told me about her family… about you…” she stared and looked into your eyes, but still no emotion emitted from it. 

“Goodbye,” you said as your finger was about to… “Wait!” the woman said hastily, “I’m not finish.”  You lifted an eyebrow, wondering why you won’t just shoot her down and get it over with.  You nodded your head as a sign for her to continue.  She sighed with relief, and looked back into your eyes, “I know your parents died and I know who killed them…”

You blinked; she paused as she saw you lower your gun a little, “The organization you trust so much are the ones that…” before she even finished her sentence a bullet came through the window and hit the woman in the head.  You widened your eyes and turned to the window where you saw a man in black… Boss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You wondered what she was going to say and why Boss killed her himself, Why did he…?  You shook your head, but after he did that I never let my guard down… you skimmed through the other names and stopped when it hit Key’s uncrossed name.  There was a moment’s pause, but then you grabbed a gun from under your bed and jumped out the window.

 

You arrived at Key’s door and tentatively knocked; no answer.  You sighed and lowered your cap as you got out your tools… and unlocked the door.  You entered to the silent room with the door creaking slightly.  You looked at your surroundings, everything seems spotless… untouched even liked no one lived there before.

You walked around, and saw a half open drawer… curious you walked towards it.  You open the drawer fully, revealing a folded piece of paper; you grabbed it and was about to open it until you heard a noise.  You put the paper in your pocket and walked toward the noise; you silently open the door and revealed two men with guns in their hand: one is Key and the other is most likely the one Boss sent.

There was a slight creak that blew your cover as both males looked at you; you gripped your gun as the guy laughed, “Seo Young ah… This isn’t your mission anymore.  You were supposed to kill this guy ages ago, I wonder why you didn’t…” he paused and looked at Key, who was staring at you with confusion, “Ah! Does this guy remind you of that lady; is he trying to convince you too, well to bad this is going to happen again.”  The guy positioned his gun towards Key and pulled the trigger.

Something unexpectant happened, because not only was Key not shoot, but the other was.  Key abruptly turned his head to you, seeing the gun smoking from the shoot.  Your hands were trembling as you lowered the gun, What did I just do?

“You just saved me… why?”  You looked over at Key, who had the same amount of shock as you did.  Your face turned blank in a split second and you walked over to the bloody pool, taking the man’s gun like it was no big deal; then you looked over at Key, “Can you tell me?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You climbed back into your room and put your gun back under your bed.  You sighed and collapsed back onto our bed:

“Can you tell me?” you asked as you pointed your gun at him.  He stood straighter and shrugged, “How am I supposed to know what you did?”  You blinked and lowered your gun, throwing the dead man’s gun to him.  Key looked at you confusing as he caught the gun, immediately pointing at you, 

You lifted an eyebrow and walked out the door saying, “They’ll come after you again… my best advice is,” you turned to him, “Stay alive.”

You remembered the note pulled it out and unfolded it:  Seo Young… Don’t trust the one that you thought saved you; they are the one that destroyed you.

We’ll see each other soon…

~Han Kyung Jae

You tilted your head, Han Kyung Jae?  Who is that? What does he mean by, We’ll see each other soon?  What does this whole note mean?  Does Key know the answers?  You sighed and put the note inside your death book, and then picked up another book.

You opened it; you looked at all you have written and noticed as you went further… the content became more personal.  No longer was it about observations of school and suspicious people that may be the spies, or documents, but more of your life and the kids and people you met.  You also wrote how you started to have strange foreign feelings for some people.

Turning a few more pages; you started talking about Kai, the boy from your dreams, I wonder if he still has the Solmase?  You ran your fingers on his name before turning the pages to Christmas Day.  You touched the taped object, why did Ms. Kang give this to me… I don’t know, but this seems to be connected… 

You skimmed further and stopped when you read: I killed several sponsors from Sunshine Orphanage… why was it so easy to kill them… why can’t I kill a person I was assigned to anymore?  Maybe I should just go and leave… this meetings, this ‘life’ is changing me.  I start feeling feelings I never knew existed… I cried for the first time in 12 years… I even wished to stop killing.  Ani, now the new year, I’m going to do the one thing I wanted to do before I leave: get my vengeance.

You closed the book and put it back in the box, Seo Young… what are you goin… “Seo Young! It’s time to eat!”  You nodded and went downstairs.

“Seo Young!” Hyun Woo called out cheerfully; you sighed and trudged your way to the kitchen only to bump into… “Chanyeol?”

“Ne!” he boomed, and you looked around, fully alert and noticed that everybody from Student Council, well except Luhan, was there and D.O; you cringed as you saw Xiumin and Kris, who were playing with Chens hair.  You looked at Hyun Woo, who was talking to Hi Ah, Baekhyun, and Tao, with Suho piping in now and then.

You shook your head and rubbed your temples as you went inside the kitchen, in which you saw Luhan having a one-sided conversation with a bored looking Kai.  “Oh, Youngie! I cook dinner for you and your friends… while your appa, me, and the little ones are going out to eat, arra! Bye!”  Ms. Kang skipped off upstairs.

Luhan turned to you and nodded his head as well as Kai, he actually just stared.  “Please tell me I’m having a nightmare.”

“You are.”  Luhan bluntly said.  You blinked, ok I officially gone insane.

 

Authors Note:

You know I’m actually not sure what I just wrote but I hope you like it and enjoy it^^  Stay Tuned^^  Oh and mian for no pics again...  >.<

Treat:

large.gif  Exactly how i feel somehow^^