The Mystery Boy

Secret Spy

Chapter 11

“Wait, she helped you?” Luhan asked in disbelief, “But she seems really mean.”

“So are you,” Lay laughed.  Luhan pouted, “That’s just a disguise, but she’s naturally mean; I get scared staring into her eyes.”

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBwGrMXANqb9NgqqP11XG

“There’s actually funny story about her, but anyways, How? You been doing it the whole time, she was here,” Suho asked confused.  “I had to,” Luhan mused as he completely ignored Suho’s first statement and wrapped his arm around Sehun’s shoulder, “Are you sure it was her, I mean you could’ve been real sick and hallucinated.”  Sehun nodded and then looked at the clock, “We should discuss this later; after all, the Class Prez shouldn’t be late for class.”  They all widened their eyes and quickly scrambled to class, well except for Sehun, he went directly to the nurse’s to rest some more.

---------------------------------------

You started to run, making sure Hyun Woo doesn’t find you and made a sharp turn, planting yourself to the wall, God, I hate this feeling? I don’t like to be chase, I rather be the one chasing.  You watched as Hyun Woo ran past, and heard his footsteps fade; you took a breath and continued your path.  You went up the staircases; up, up, you went till you went to the final floor, the roof.  You opened the door slowly and let the breeze invite you in, but not only the breeze, music as well.  You furrowed your eyebrows walking in and slowly closing the door; you listened your way to where the music is being played.  You hid in the corner watching as someone was moving awkwardly on the floor.

You tilted your head, what the heck is that person doing? You watched his move his body to the music, never seeing his face, and for some reason the way he moves reminds you of someone, but you don’t know who. 

Kaigif.gif

You wanted a closer look so you stealthily came out of the shadows, but “What do you want?” you stood still, how did he know I was…

The person turned and you recognized him from the nurse’s.  You saw a flash of surprise come over his eyes, although he didn’t show it, “What were you doing?” you suddenly asked, he caught me, so what more than to ask. 

He sighed, looking completely agitated; he ignored you and the music again, making movements with his body.  You came next to him, observing, and then copied, exactly how he did it.  For the next few minutes that’s all you did, and you actually enjoyed it, for some reason I can’t control my body; why isn’t it listening to me?

You saw that the boy was about to stop the music, but your body didn’t want that and as reflex, your hand grabbed his, and you guys were moving to the music together.  You felt calm for the first time, and just let the music lead you the way, Seo Young you have to stop! Stop this nonsense! Don’t break your wall; you already let your guard down.  Get back to who you are, you are a spy, a human weapon; here for one purpose and one purpose only.  All of a sudden, you forced yourself to a stop, snapping back to reality, “Why the heck did I just do that?”

“Makes me wonder the same thing,” you turned to see the boy leaning on a wall, the music had stopped, “Are you just going to just stand there looking lost or are you going to sit down?” 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQYTGx1siE7beur2QeMst

You scowled at his tone, he actually thinks that I’m going to stay, what an idiot.

You turned and sat down next to him, nope I guess I’m the idiot.  “You’re the new girl huh?” the boy asked as he looked up into the sky; you turned and looked at his profile: he looks lost, like he has no purpose in this world; different from when he was dancing, his eyes were full of life.  He looks so familiar, but why can’t I remember.  “Ne.”

He turned to you, and for some reason you couldn’t help, but stare at his soulless eyes; you tried to analyzed it, but couldn’t; those dark, cold eyes were blocking your path.  “I’m Kai, welcome to the school.”  You nodded and sighed, turning to the sky, “Seo Young.”

“I was dancing,” Kai said all of a sudden, “I don’t know if that’s what you were asking, but…”

“Dancing,” you nodded your head, so that’s what it is called.  The cursed thing that made my body move in weird movement.  Note: Stay away from music, and avoid dancing.

You and Kai just sat there not saying another word as you both looked at the sky; you like the silence, you liked how the wind brushed your face like Sehun brushed away your tears.  You shook your head at the thought as you closed your eyes, letting the winds cries put you to sleep.

You were walking around the city streets, holding your eomma’s hand, gripping the necklace your halapoji gave you.  While your Eomma tried to hail a cab, you heard faint music coming from the alley; you slipped your hand away from hers and entered.  The music grew louder and louder as you walked past; you turned a corner and saw a boy, moving his body.  You went closer and closer not wanting to disturb him, but then you stepped on something, and that something went through your shoe.

You didn’t notice; you just watched as the boy instantly turned around to you, stopping the music.  You smiled and waved at him; the boy ignored you and was about to turn around until something caught his eye.  He walked towards you and pushed you down, “You’re stupid,” he said as he lifted your foot and pulled out a glass from your shoe, at that time you realize the pain, but instead of pouting or crying you bit your lip.  The boy took off your shoe and sock; you looked at his face, it was so calm and you felt safe.  The boy did the unthinkable as he took out a pocket knife, only to cut apart of his shirt, he then wrapped the cut cloth on your wounded foot, “You’re really stupid.” 

You smiled as he put your sock and shoe on again as well as help you up.  He seemed unfazed by your brightly smile, and started to walk away, but you grabbed his hand, “You’re really good, can you teach me?”  The boy looked at you then your wounded foot, “Stupid.”

“Is that all you can say?” you huffed and stomped, you widened your eyes and bit your lip as you stomped, the boy smirked and patted your head, “Your stupid, but at least you’re not weak.”  For some reason when the boy said that you felt your heart skip a beat, you don’t know why because that wasn’t exactly a complement.  He was about to walk away and you said, “Let’s be friends!” he stopped in his tracks, and turned to you, “I don’t…”

“I’m Han Seo Young,” you interrupted him, “and we are now friends!”  He turned around and started walking again, “Wait! What’s your name?”

“Doesn’t matter it’s not like we’re going to meet again.”  You were about to ask him again, but you heard your eomma’s faint cries, and slowly walked out of the alley, to her.

A few days later you were at the park with your Eomma, and you quickly ran to the swings; there was nothing you loved more than to swing.  You were swinging for a good 5 minutes and you were way up in the air, then suddenly something or should you say someone caught your eye; it was the boy from the alley.  Without thinking of how high you were; you jumped off from the swing landing on the side of your foot.  “Seo Young!” your Eomma came quickly to you, “Seo Young, this is the second time you hurt that foot, come let me check it.” 

You shook your head, and quickly escaped your eomma’s grasped as you quickly limped to the boy, “Yah! Chingu!”  He looked at you blank as ever and you kind of tripped and wrapped your arms around him; he tensed up and you thought that tripping into his arms was a good thing, even if your heat did skip a beat.

You straighten, still holding him, ignoring your eomma’s constant calls; you murmured through his chest, “Chingu, you said it doesn’t matter cause it’s not like we’re going to meet again, but look were both at the park and we are talking to each other, so now you have to tell me your name.”

“I’m still not telling,” the boy said bluntly; you pout and pulled yourself away.  You looked into his eyes and a smile drew on your face, “Well, since were friends I’m going to give you a nickname.”

“Nickname?”  You nodded and tapped your chin with your finger until your eyes brightened with an idea, “Ah, I’ll call you Ka…”

You felt comfortable, as the wind brushed your face again, your head music and felt something hugging your ears.  You flutter your eyes open and slowly got up and looked at your surroundings; you were alone on the roof, lying on your book bag.  You traveled your hands to your ear, and took the thing off as you did that the music quickly went away, you looked closely at the thing and followed the cord down the a phone like device.  You picked it up, what? You put the things in your ears again and opened the device scrolling down the options, not even wondering how you got it.  You stopped at one, Baby Don't Cry.  You sighed and press playing letting the song drown your ears, What's wrong with you Seo Young?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------

After several minutes of silence, Kai suddenly felt something on his shoulder; he turned and saw your head, he tilted his head forward and saw that you were sleeping.  He let out a breath, “Seriously!”  He was going to push you off of him, but instead he looked at you again, and saw that you started biting your lips in your sleep, he smirked a little, “She reminds me of someone,” he pulled out the bright red, abstract looking necklace from under his shirt, and closed his eyes, “Where are you Han Seo Young?”

“ermm,” Kai quickly put back the necklace inside his shirt, and gently place you on his lap, taking the stray hairs away from your face, “I hate that you look so much like her and that you have the same name, but you’re not her,” he solemnly looked at you and dug through his bag until he found his headphones and iPod.

 He put them over your ears and music, then sighed letting his head rest on the wall, “I thought she was really stupid, I always told her that; the first time I met her was when she saw me dancing in the back of an alley, who knows why.  Anyways she stepped on a piece of glass, but didn’t even notice it, so I had to fix her, I guess you can say, but she’s really strong she didn’t cry or complain or nothing just sat there in silence biting her lips.  That’s a habit of hers, I wonder if she broke it yet.  Anyways she said that we should be friends and I was surprise because truthfully I was a mess, I looked pathetic and I was a bad person, but she seem to not care since she just declare that we are friends.”

He took a breath, “She even asked for my name; I didn’t tell her cause I thought we will never meet again, but I was wrong.  A week later, they send me to kill a person, who didn’t pay back the money, and yes it is crazy to send a 5 year old, but I had back-up.  I shot the person more than needed, I hated it, but the others were proud of me, and let me go out in town.  I couldn’t run, because they put a chip in me, they put nice clothes on me, and I went out.  I looked at all the stores and I walked into a park; it has been a long time since I’ve been to a park ever since…”

He sighed and shook his head, “But then I saw her again, swinging, she looked so happy so free.  She must have seen me because the next thing I know, she jumped off the swing, twisting her ankle in the process, she’s so stupid sometimes.” He let out a chuckle and it felt good, but he turned back to his serious, unemote self, “but regardless of her ankle, and her Eomma trying to pull her away to check it, she limped to me.  She wrapped her arms around me, and asked for my name since we met again, I still didn’t tell her, so she made a nickname for me and that’s what I go by now.”

He put a hand through his hair, “I will give anything for her to say it again.”  You shifted and Kai realized you were still there; he wrapped your head gently in his arms and placed it on your bag.  He stood up and after a long look, left you sleeping.

 

 

Authors Note:

Annyeong! YoungBee here! I hope you guys enjoy this chapter where I put your dream and Kai speaking.    Will you figure Kai’s the boy? What will happen when you figure out? Stay Tuned (>*.*)>  I hope you like going to the past with me haha. Oh, if you wonder why Kai, just started telling… never mind I’ll explain later haha.