The Other Part...

Secret Spy

Chapter 29

“MR. KIM!! Mr…  WOOHYUN COME DOWN HERE NOW!” Mrs. Kang yelled from the secret room.  Mr. Kim ran down and opened the door, “Did you get the results?”  Mrs. Kang nodded not letting her eyes leave the screen, “That fast?”

“Of course since the name was quick to the system…” Mr. Kim walked over the screen while Mrs. Kang continued, “It was one of our own.”

“Taehyun? How is that possible?”  Mrs. Kang turned to Mr. Kim with tears in her eyes threatening to fall, “Does Boss want Seo Young gone?”  Mr. Kim didn’t answer.  “Oh God, Why else would he send Taehyun to kill her… What should we do… we…”

“We do nothing… it’s her fate, we can’t mess with it… if Boss wants her…” he took a deep breath, “Dead.. we can’t do anything about it.”  Mrs. Kang couldn’t hold it in any longer, the tears started to flow; Mr. Kang saw and drew her into a hug, letting her cry herself to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Oh Ms. Kim, you are here… I thought the cameras were playing tricks on me,” Ms. Han smirked.  You just came out of the bathroom with Jin and Ms. Han was sitting on Hoseoks bed, while the others were on their knees.  “Mr. Kim, go to work… a sponsor called for you,” she turned to you, “Ms. Kim, I’m going to let you do something different… will you follow me?”  You stood there, “That’s not a question, but a command.”  You bit your lip and followed her out of the room; Jimin quickly went to Jin as soon as the door shut, “Hyung, what do you think?”

“She’s going to the other part… What is Ms. Han thinking?”  The other stared at him then each other, “You don’t think…”

“No, Ms. Han would have done that the first day… I have no idea.”  Jin sighed and walked out the door, the others looking at him with fear and pity.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You walked to a part you haven’t seen before; you observed everything, wondering where you are going and most importantly why.  Ms. Han stopped at a door and something blue scanned her eyes before it opened, revealing a bright white room.  You heard a dying scream and froze; Ms. Han noticed and smirked as she turned around, “Let’s go… I’ll explain why you’re here and what we do here.”

You blinked and followed her again; This orphanage just gets weirder and weirder.  “I know you know what we do in the upper part, don’t try to deny it.”  You looked at her and the door closed shut; you put your guard up, “Don’t worry we won’t do anything…” you heard another scream, closer than last time, “let me show you your work.”

She opened another door, where the source of the screaming came from.  There were many people in white coats and mask surrounding a table; Ms. Han once again smirked as she gave you a similar coat as well as a mask with gloves.  She then lead you to the table, moving some people out of the way making sure you have a clear view, What the… What are they doing… monsters that’s who they are!!!”

You stared at the screaming specimen in front of you; it was chained up from its wrist and elbows; it was blindfolded seeing nothing but blackness, “Beautiful isn’t it?” Ms. Han smirked and then looked over at one of the scientist, “Please teach Ms. Kim all that she needs to do for this job.”  She was about to walk away when, “What is the meaning of all of this?”

“You haven’t noticed yet Ms. Kim; I thought you were smarter than that, but if you must know,” she turned around, “This is where the nightmares start.”  Then she walked away as if all what she told you answered your questions.  Where the nightmares start?  You looked at the specimen on the table, which is lying calmly, What are they doing to these poor children?

“Ms. Kim?”  You ignored the voice and kept your eyes on the specimen; he sighed and took off his masked as the other scientist took the body away, “I know this may be a tough job, but you’ll get used to it… they’ll force you to get used to it.”  You turned your head to him and were surprised at how young he was.  He threw away his rubber gloves and then held out a hand for you to shake, “I’m Mr. Choi, but you can call me Minho, since we’ll be partners.”  I thought I was partners with Jin…

“You’re just my partner down here, while Mr. Kim is your partner upstairs… I guess Ms. Han finds you special to be placed in both parts… maybe you have the personality she likes, or she nicked you…”

“Nicked?”  He smiled and rubbed his nape, with the hand that he offered in which you ignored, “Well, if she did you wouldn’t… here let me see your arm.”  He grabbed your arm gently and gave you a smile to reassure he’s not going to do anything; he lifted up the sleeve and examined it then let your arm dangle at your side, “She likes your personality then…”

You lifted an eyebrow then grabbed his arm; you saw puncture wounds as a druggie would when they inject crack or whatever they are addicted to, in their system.  You looked at his solemn face as he forced a smile, “Doing this job; I have to nick myself… the first time she did it, but one wasn’t just enough when doing this…” he let his voice fall as he stared at his arm.

You sighed and put his arm down, Nicked? What did he nick? What kind of chemical is it?  “So what exactly do we do here that makes you nick yourself?”  Minho bit his lip as he met your cold eyes, “You really do have the personality she likes…” he sighed as he heard another cart rolling towards them as well as the door opening from behind them.

You turned and saw a little boy in a plain white T and short white pants and behind him a man.  “He looks new…” Minho asked the man… the man nodded and pushed the boy inside before closing the door in front of him.  You glanced at Minho, who picked up the little boy and put him on the table.  The other scientists started to gather around; you were next to Minho, observing the boy and the place around you.

“Height?” Minho started asking questions like a doctor would for a checkup and after the questions were done; he stepped back and went to a counter while the other scientist started rushing in and strapping the boy on the table.  What the…

“We’re giving them an injection,” Minho said as he watched the others pounce on the boy like animals, “A special injection that we give to the kids so that they forget their lives before this and also we give it to them so they forget what we do here… we do this every day or once every week to all of them.  Sometimes, we do this once every month.”

“So a memory chemical.”

“Not exactly…” You turned to Minho and tilted your head, What do you mean not exactly?  You heard crying and turned back to the table and walked over there with Minho; you watched as he put the needle through the boys arm, breaking the skin and inject the unknown chemical without any hesitation.  You saw green liquid coming out from the boys arm after the needles been pulled out; another scientist wiping it away.

You then looked at the boy frozen, eyes bulging, mouth agape, and pale as can be.   Scientist started gathering around again tightening the straps of the frozen boy, Why do they…  Then you heard a low growl and looked over to the owner of the sound.  The boys head started moving side to side like a person getting a demon out of them.

You felt the boy’s pain as one of his arm escaped a strap and grabbed onto your arm, peeling your skin.  You bit your lip from the pain but didn’t escape; the other scientist ripped his hand away and restrapped him while Minho pulled you away from the table to inspect your wound.  He turned to the others, “We’ll be out… once he’s done send him out and get the next one ready.”  He tugged your arm to follow him out.

“Are you ok?” he asked as soon as the door shut.  You looked at him and then the door as you nodded, “Better than what he went through.”  Minho paused and sighed, “He won’t remember… for you; they want you to make his story and talk to him while he’s sleeping… that’s your other job.  You have to watch me and prepare and then we make their story with the information we gather from them.”

“Make up their story?”

“Ne, since you saw what we do here; it makes since for you to know that it is important that they do not know their past lives because that will make them more eager to escape.”  He sighed and sat you down on a seat while he disinfected your wound, “So we make up a story while their sleeping, letting the brain take in everything we say and make him think that is their memory when they wake up.”

“Talking doesn’t just make memory…”

“True, for normal memory chemicals, that is.”  That’s what he meant that it’s not exactly a memory chemical… what is it then?   “Well, anyways first let’s get to know each other,” he looked up at you as he finished wrapping, “Why did you decide to go here… it’s not normal for an outsider to come work here willingly, especially after they figure out what we do.”

You blinked, knowing that you can’t trust anyone here, not even Jin; he seemed to know what you were thinking and nodded, “Never mind, you don’t have to… I know it’s not easy to trust people here.”  You sighed and nodded.

After a few minutes of silence; Minho grabbed your arm and opened the door, then pulled you to the other door after, the door they push the table out to.  He took a few turns before stopping in front of the door reading a chart hanging from it; he went close to you, so that both of you were reading it, “Ok, this is the little girl, who you walked in on…”  You nodded and looked through the chart.  “She is not new, so all we have to really say is to describe her day, like she had omirice for breakfast, but we have to describe in detail so when could intact her senses as well.”

After he was done explaining he opened the door revealing a small, compacted room, with a desk at the left of the bedside, topped with many different types of bottles.  You turned to the bed and saw the little girl looking more human than before.  Minho guided you to sit next to him at the bedside near the desk; he put his finger up to his mouth, motioning you stay quiet while he talked.

As he told her story he grabbed a bottle hovering it over her nose, and then grabbed something else as he put it in her hands.  After he was done telling the story; he grabbed your hand and walked you out of the room.  The door was closed and he turned to you, “You understand how it works now?”

The bottles were for scent while the other thing was for touch… I understand.  You nodded and then walked to the next door, “This is the boy we just did… he’s new so we have to make his story by scratch… we’ll both do this one… I’ll start and then you and we could go back and forth.”  You scanned the chart one more time, knowing why he nicked himself so many times and opened the door.

The room was the same as the last one, but the person on the bed looked different.  It looked sort of human despite the bubbles forming on its head; you looked over at Minho which nodded and lead you to sit next to him.  That must be the chemical work… what type of chemical is it?  I can’t do this… I can’t…

“My mother hated me, ever since I was born…” Minho started.

 

Authors Note:

Annyeong!! I’m always late on updates… which I’m really sorry about…. I have no excuses what so ever… *I wish I did though* but anyways I made this a little longer, hopefully that will make up for it.  And I hope you enjoy the chapter and yea, so yea hahaha Stay Tuned^^

Treat:

tumblr_mia13xdO8e1rtmbfio2_500.gif  MMMMHHMMM Yes you did hahah^^