Missing Mommy and Daddy

Kid Kyuhyuk


 

Little Kyuhyun woke up to the sound of chair being dragged. His eyes peeking open, and he shut it quickly when he saw the silhouette of someone walking away from his bed. He blinked his eyes open, when the person went out and no one else is inside his room.

 

But wait—this wasn’t his room. Little Kyuhyun room was night blue, with yellow stars embedded on the ceiling, one he will always count if he had trouble in sleeping. But this room was red, and little Kyuhyun felt hot suddenly. He tsked, when did Mommy changed my bedroom colour? He thought and decided to let his mommy know his unhappiness with regards of the bedroom colour.

 

Little Kyuhyun turned to his left, needed a glass of water to start his day. He frowned when he found none. And since when did he keep Hankyung and Heechul’s picture on his table? ‘Mommy….’ He called, but no response. ‘Mommy, I want my water.’ He tried again, but still his mommy didn’t bother to response to him.

 

Little Kyuhyun let out heavy sigh, climb down from the bed. He scratched his head when he felt that the bed was too high for him. Struggling, he gripped to the bed sheet and climbed down hard. 

 

Little Kyuhyun was just about to open the door when someone from other side open it first, accidentally bumped the door to his face. ‘Auch…’ He whined, rubbing his sore forehead.

 

‘Oh, Kyuhyun. I’m sorry. I thought you still not waking up.’ Little Kyuhyun looked up and saw Hankyung in front of him, adjusting his necktie. He frowned. Why was Uncle Hankyung here? He wondered.

 

‘Stop daydreaming, kid. Go shower and breakfast downstairs. I’m running late, so I can’t send you and Hyukkie to school today.’ Hankyung said before messing with little Kyuhyun bed hair. Not yet understand the situation, little Kyuhyun grabbed the towel and went inside bathroom for shower.

 

When he get down to the dining table, realization finally hit him. Daddy and Mommy are outstation, and I was allowed to stay at Hyukkie’ house. He nodded his head, finally able to figure out his current situation. He let out heavy sighs.

 

‘Kyunnie?’ Little Hyukjae called for him, eyes as wide as he can, because little Kyuhyun had done nothing except daydreaming since before. Little Hyukjae quickly took his cute boyfriend’s hand, leading him to the dining table for breakfast. ‘We are going to school together, okay?’ Little Hyukjae asked and little Kyuhyun nodded, somehow showing little Hyukjae his upset smile.

 

‘How many days have you been staying at Hyukjae’s house?’ Little Donghae asked, the melting ice cream on his hand. Little Siwon had took out his handkerchief to wipe the dirty stain on little Donghae’s face.

 

‘Five.’ Little Kyuhyun answered short, was busy the melting ice cream. Little Hyukjae copied little Siwon’s gesture from before and started to clean little Kyuhyun’ mess.

 

‘You don’t miss your mommy?’ Little Donghae asked. ‘You seem happy staying with Hyukjae.’ Little Donghae said innocently.

 

And little Kyuhyun felt his chest was stabbed by thousand knives. His lips form a pout and he stood up abruptly, running away.

 

‘Kyunnie!!’ Little Hyukjae screaming; calling the one who ran away desperately.

 

‘Sorry, Hyukkie.’ Little Donghae apologized sincerely, knowing that he somehow had offended their best friend with no intention to do so.

 

‘It’s okay, Hae. It’s not your fault.’ Little Hyukjae assured. ‘I know he had been missing his parents, but Kyunnie keep suppressing it inside.’ He added worriedly.

 

‘It’s okay, Hyuk. He will be fine. After all his parents are going to come back this Saturday, right? It’s only two days left. He will be fine.’ Little Siwon said, comforting the worried little Hyukjae.

 

‘Bye bye, Hyukkie. Let me take shower and I will come to play later, okay?’ Little Kyuhyun said, quickly run inside his own house. ‘Mommy, I am hungry. I want nuggets.’ He said excitedly, little Hyukjae didn’t even get to stop him before he enter the empty house.

 

‘Hyukjae baby, come help me for awhile.’ Heechul called him as soon as he saw little Hyukjae in front of the house, needing the little baby to help him. Little Hyukjae quickly went to his mother, bumping to his father on his way.

 

‘Appa, can you look for Kyunnie? I think he forgot that Auntie and Uncle still not come back from their outstation.’ Little Hyukjae requested before coming to Heechul.

 

Hankyung just nodded, lazily folded the newspaper he was reading, walked to Kangin’s house. He could heard soft sobbing coming from inside the house. Afraid if little Kyuhyun was somehow managed to get himself injured while alone, he quickened his steps.

 

‘Kyuhyun?’ He called when he saw little Kyuhyun crouching on the stairs, his face was hide between his knees. Hankyung could saw the little boy was crying, because his body shakes so badly. Hankyung crouched down, at the same level with little Kyuhyun, placing his hand to little Kyuhyun’s shoulder, to let the other know that he was there.      

 

‘Uncle Hankyung…’ Little Kyuhyun looked up, his face was wet his own tears. He was sobbing really badly.

 

‘Hey, why are you crying?’ Hankyung asked softly.

 

‘Di-d… did mommy and daddy… hates me?’ He asked between his sobs. ‘They didn’t call me. and they didn’t even pick up my call.’ Hankyung’s eyes went to the phone on little Kyuhyun’s hand. He could guess that the kid must have tried to call his parents just before. ‘Are they not missing me?’

 

‘Hey, hey. Don’t say like that.’ Hankyung said, coaxing the little boy. ‘They did call you. But when they call, you’re either sleeping or still playing outside. Your mother doesn’t want to disturb your sleeping or whenever you’re playing.’ Hankyung said and little Kyuhyun burst to tears more. ‘And when you called them, they probably busy and couldn’t pick up your call. That doesn’t mean they didn’t love you or miss you.’

 

‘I shouldn’t sleep.’ Little Kyuhyun said, blaming himself. ‘I should stay awake and pick up their call.’

 

‘Kyuhyun, Kyuhyun, listen. Don’t ever blame yourself. It’s just unfortunate, okay? Just hold for awhile, they are coming back in two days more, right?’ Hankyung said. ‘Don’t blame yourself. Your mommy will be so upset if she know that you’re blaming yourself for this misfortune.’

 

‘But…but I miss daddy… I miss mommy…’ Little Kyuhyun said, his sobbing had reduced a little.

 

‘And I’m sure they missed you too.’ Hankyung said, assuring. ‘Now, get up and let go to my house. At least Hyukjae was there to accompany you rather than you’re staying here alone.’ Hankyung said, took little Kyuhyun’s hand and guided him to his house.

 

Little Kyuhyun kneeled on the sofa, looking at his empty house cross the street. Little Hyukjae was busy cooking with Heechul, leaving him all alone not attended. The stains of tears were still visible on his face, and a new tear is threatening to form in his eyes. Being alone in the house did not help to ease his loneliness, what’s more with his sweet boyfriend leaving him unattended.

 

Little Kyuhyun wiped away the tears that finally fall down from his eyes. His hand gripped hard the phone he held. Once again, he tried to call to his parents. This going to be his fifth attempts, and he was really hoping that his parents would answer.

 

Little Kyuhyun tears fall down uncontrollable when his call was straight to the voice mail. His sobs become clearer to Heechul and little Hyukjae’s ears, and they rushed to where little Kyuhyun was.   

 

‘Hey brat. Stop crying.’ Heechul said, a little bit panic because little Kyuhyun was crying uncontrollable. He didn’t know how is he going to comforted the little boy anymore, he had done so many things, but seem like little Kyuhyun will keep on wailing as long as his parents didn’t pick up his phone.

 

Little Hyukjae wanted to take his cute little boyfriend in his hug, but he was still busy with his cooking. He left his mother to attend little Kyuhyun, going back to the kitchen after sending apologetic look to his mother, he was determine to finish his cooking first.

 

Heechul brought the little boy to his hug, letting the boy let out his frustration to his chest, while whispering soothing words to him. Heechul know it wasn’t Kangin and Leeteuk intention to not pick up their only son calls; they were just too busy out there. Leeteuk had told Heechul last night about how messy Kangin’s project side due to few workers went rampage, because they wasn’t properly attended by the previous responsible company, and Leeteuk had to step down with his husband, trying to helping at every factors he can. Kangin’s company had been given the opportunity to attend the unattended project by the government, due to all respect and the glories, but it wasn’t an easy task as he had to listen to the workers complaint, and trying to cover all the damaged done by the previous irresponsible company.

 

But of course, little Kyuhyun was just a little kid. It wasn’t easy for him to understand the situation.

 

‘Umma, I’m done.’ Little Hyukjae’s voice snapped Heechul from his thought, and he looked to the little boy who was still crying in his hug. ‘I’ll take over, umma. Thank you for your help.’ Little Hyukjae said. ‘Kyunnie…. I’ve surprise for you.’ Little Hyukjae said, and little Kyuhyun lifted his head from burying on Heechul’s chest. Heechul let the two alone, knowing perfectly his beautiful son will be able to lift up little Kyuhyun’s mood a little.

 

‘It might not as delicious as Auntie Leeteuk one, but I try my best to follow his recipes.’ Little Hyukjae said and brought out a plate full with nuggets. Little Kyuhyun’s eyes went wide at the nuggets that looked exactly like his mother’s one.

 

‘You made this for me?’ Little Kyuhyun asked. Little Hyukjae nodded and took one piece to little Kyuhyun’s mouth. His cute boyfriend opened his mouth gladly and eats, making a humming sound. ‘It’s delicious, like mommy’s.’ He compliment.

 

‘Really?’ Little Hyukjae asked, couldn’t believe he was able to do the nuggets. He had called to Leeteuk last night, when little Kyuhyun was sleeping, asking if he could make anything that will makes little Kyuhyun happy a little, because he had been down ever since Leeteuk and Kangin left him with his family. Leeteuk had told him that he would always makes a homemade nuggets for little Kyuhyun, and the other liked it so much. Little Hyukjae had asked for the recipes, he wanted to tried and make one for little Kyuhyun. And Leeteuk gladly shared with him.

 

Little Kyuhyun took one piece and brought to little Hyukjae’s mouth. Little Hyukjae received and eats, too thrilled that he was able to lift up little Kyuhyun’s mood. They both keep feeding each other till the last piece.

 

‘Kyunnie… I know you miss your mommy and daddy so badly, but please hang on, okay? Only two days left and they will come back. I promise you.’ Little Hyukjae said, snuggling to little Kyuhyun’s chest. When his cute boyfriend was feeling down lately, little Hyukjae felt so helpless. He wanted to comfort the other, but he didn’t know how. He tried putting himself into little Kyuhyun’s situation, and he know it was hard for them to be separate from their family at such young age. Little Hyukjae swore he will never ever let his family done it.   

 

Little Kyuhyun just hummed, still feeling a little sad, but his sweet boyfriend’s present is slowly lifting his mood. He closed his eyes, inhaling little Hyukjae’s scent, because it makes him calm.

 

‘I know Kyunnie.’ Little Hyukjae said excitedly. ‘Let’s take a nap so that we can stay awake at night. Then we can call your parents. How about that?’ Little Hyukjae suggest.

 

‘I think that’s a good idea, Hyukkie.’ Little Kyuhyun said. ‘I think I can hold it for another two days if I was able to listen to mommy and daddy’s voice.’ He said and at the mention of nap word, little Kyuhyun yawning. He and little Hyukjae quickly went to little Hyukjae’s bedroom, sleeping next to each other.

 

‘Yeah, and then mommy, Hyukkie makes your delicious nugget. It’s almost the same as yours.’ Little Kyuhyun chatted happily with his mommy on the phone. Little Hyukjae who had been lying next to him on the bed giggled happily when sometimes little Kyuhyun will whines about things at Leeteuk.

 

‘But I don’t have to go to school tomorrow. It’s weekend. I can stay awake the whole night chatting with you.’ Little Kyuhyun whined when his mommy asked him to sleep. He turned to little Hyukjae when his sweet boyfriend was yawning since before. He was sleepy, but he tried to fight the sleep to accompany little Kyuhyun.

 

Feeling that he had burden his sweet boyfriend a lot, little Kyuhyun finally agreed to go to sleep. Under one condition though. ‘I will sleep, but Mommy you have to sing me lullaby.’ He paused to think which lullaby he wanted Leeteuk to sing for him. ‘Do you still remember ‘the Jirachii song’ from Pokemon Jirachii the wishmaker? I want that lullaby.’ He said and put the speaker on when Leeteuk asked him to.

 

Little Kyuhyun’s wide eyes slowly drifted closed listening to his mommy soothing voice. He scooped little Hyukjae who had fallen asleep when little Kyuhyun asked for the lullaby, unable to fight sleep anymore, closer to him. He finally fall to deep sleep after few minutes.

 

Heechul took the phone, telling his best friend that his son had asleep. He said goodbye after Leeteuk thanked him for thousand times for taking care of his son.

 

‘They sleep?’ Hankyung asked, wrapping his arms to Heechul’s waist. Heechul nodded and adjusting their blanket. He switch off the light, letting the two kids sleep in comfortable.

 

‘Oh yeah, Hyukjae told me to warn you to never go outstation.’ Heechul said and Hankyung makes face at it. ‘He just doesn’t want the thing happened to Kyuhyun happen to him. He said he couldn’t even separate from us for a day, what’s more for week.’ Heechul said, shrugging his shoulder when Hankyung tried to explain the importance of going outstation.    



Missed them? If yes, then enjoy~