Chapter Forty Two

Pinky Promise

I felt my words choke up in my throat. He... loves... me.?

"Wait..... W-WAIT!" I swiftly grabbed my bag and stumbled out of the abandoned resuraunt. When I got out though, someone grabbed me by the hand. I shrieked in surprise and turned around quickly to see that it was Jonghyun.

"You scared me!" I panted.

"Sorry," he rubbed the back of his neck.

"I thought you went to go to your schedule," I said.

"I do... But for some reason I just had a feeling that I should stay for another 2 seconds," Jonghyun chuckled, "So why did you want me to wait?"

I just looked at him. Nowadays, I had a habit of doing things without thinking. I hadn't even thought about why I chased after Jonghyun. To ask him if he loved me and then get in another fight? I looked up at Jonghyun and studied his face. He was waiting patiently but I didn't know what to say. I just held up the piece of paper, "This..."

Jonghyun just kept looking at me without saying a word, waiting for me to continue on with my sentence. Oh God Jonghyun, why do you make this so hard?

"You wrote....?" I said. I beat myself up inside for saying something stupid like that. This you wrote? Seriously Hana? Seriously? That's all you could think of? Jonghyun chuckled and nodded.

"When?" I asked again.

"Yesterday," Jonghyun answered. Just then, I felt a raindrop plop onto my nose. I looked around to see the cement changing into a darker color because of the rain wetting it. After the first raindrop that hit my nose, a thousand more followed after it, hitting the ground hard with impact. I groaned. One of Seoul's random rainstorms.

Jonghyun quickly took my hand and led me inside his car. I sat down in the passenger seat and felt all dirty and wet.

"I wonder why it always rains when I'm with you?" Jonghyun laughed. I laughed too. For some reason, I just got random flashbacks of all the memories we had together- the good and the bad and started laughing even harder. I realized how stupid me and Jonghyun were. Simply. Stupid. Stupid for leaving each other, stupid for getting in fights and stupid for not realizing that we were soulmates..... fated.

Jonghyun just stared at me like I was crazy then started to join me. We were laughing like crazy while the rain hit the roof of the car and the window.

Jonghyun went silent all of a sudden and brushed the wet hair out of my face. I stopped laughing and looked at him while he was staring at me.

"You read the note,," Jonghyun said simply. He caressed my cheek and leaned forward slowly to kiss me. I closed my eyes and slightly puckered my lips whie my heart beat, ready for the kiss when Jonghyun laughed and quickly kissed me on the forehead. I opened an eye and my cheeks flushed with embarassment. I huffed and pulled away from him and sat back in my seat and cleared my throat. Jonghyun grinned and stuck out his tongue.

"You..." I frowned in embarassment. Jonghyun then stopped grinning and put his hand around my neck, leaned forward abruptly and kissed me. This time on the lips. His lips matched perfectly with mine. Just like how it was supposed to be.

5 seconds into our kiss I started to smile. I felt Jonghyun's lips start to curve up also and we were both smiling when we leaned away.

"I can't believe that I forgot how amazing kissing you was," Jonghyun smiled. I gazed at his beautiful face and choked back tears.

"I'm so sorry," I looked down in guilt, "It's my fault for leaving you seven years ago. It's my fault for-"

"Are you kidding me Hana? You know that I hurt you a billion times more than you hurt me, right? You were always there for me. I shouldn't have left. I shouldn't have let go when you told me to. I just wished that I could've realized it sooner. We could've saved SEVEN years...." Jonghyun held me close to his chest and the tears that I had saved in my eyes for that long itme finally spilled out of my eyes in what seemed like bucketfuls.

"Don't ever let go," I whispered tearfully.

"I don't know if this'll mean anything to you... But... I promise," Jonghyun held out his pinky and I smiled and wrapped my pinky around his. Just like we did when we were 14 years old at the airport. Except for this time, he kissed my hand.