Chapter Twenty Nine

Pinky Promise

Hana's POV:

The next day, the doctor discharged me from the hospital.

I sighed in relief, "Thank you." I quickly changed out of my hospital clothes, checked out, and darted outside. Freedom. Even if it was only one day of hospital rest, I was attached to wires and machines and the beds were as hard as rocks.

After doing some more breathing and leaping, I grabbed a taxi and went back to my hotel.

I looked out the window of the hotel room and saw bustling people below me and the never-dimming Seoul lights.

I sat down on the floor and just stared out the window.

Flashback:

"Don't you remember that her parents died because of alcohol?"

I recognized it as Jonghyun's voice.
 
The more I thought about that, the more I started to frown.
 
There was something wrong about this. All of a sudden, there was a wave of realization that crashed over me.
 
How did Jonghyun even know that mom and dad died? I never told him... He wasn't supposed to know...
 
The ringing of my phone interrupted my thoughts.
 
I mindlessly picked it up.
 
"Hello?" I mumbled.
 
"Hana, it's Kikwang. I heard you got checked out already."
 
"Yeah, I did."
 
"Are you sure your okay? If your still feeling bad you should go back into the hospital."
 
"No, i'm fine."
 
"Alright, well do you want to do something? I have a free day today and tomorrow."
 
"Sure, you can just come over to the hotel."
 
"Okay, I'll be there soon."
 
Kikwang hung up but I didn't move an inch. I don't remember anything about telling Jonghyun about my parents.........
 
In a little while, Kikwang rang the doorbell.
 
"Hey," he said grinning as he walked in.
 
"Hi," I smiled. Kikwang looked around the hotel room. It was a pretty nice hotel room. It had a few rooms, a kitchen and a bathroom and seemed more like a mini-apartment than a hotel.
 
"This place is nicer than our dorm," Kikwang scrunched up his nose.
 
I just laughed when I spotted a small blue bag in his hand, "What's that?" I asked.
 
"Oh yeah... here," Kikwang handed me the bag, "Open it."
 
When I opened the bag, there was a small box wrapped inside some tissue paper.
 
"Should I open it?" I asked Kikwang.
 
Kikwang nodded.
 
When I opened the box, there was a beautiful shining ring. It was silver and had a simple classic look to it, but it was elegant and beautiful at the same time.
 
I gasped and touched it, "Is it mine?"
 
Kikwang nodded again. He took the box from me and gently grabbed my hand to put the ring on.
 
"I have one too," Kikwang smiled, holding up his hand, showing off the glittering ring.
 
"Couple rings," I admired.
 
"I was going to give it to you when I confessed but I didn't know how to," Kikwang said sheepishly.
 
"It's so beautiful. Thank you," I held my hand up and compared the ring on my hand to Kikwang's. Like a real couple, I thought.
 
Kikwang laughed playfully, grabbed my hand, and twirled me into his arms, hugging me.
 
I was shocked but hugged him back.
 
"The ring is a symbol of our love," he whispered into my ears. He pulled out of the hug and leaned closer and closer and closer to my lips.
 
FLASHBACK- [ 05/30/2007; 4:06 AM]
 
I walked into my room after school to see an apple tree in a pot smack in the middle of my rug. The apple tree was in full bloom with ripe red apples on its branches and was coated in white and pink cherry blossoms.
 
"What is this?" I exclaimed.
 
"SURPRISE!" Jonghyun jumped out of the closet grinning widely.
 
"Jonghyun set this up for you," mom winked while she passed by my room sneakily.
 
"An.... apple tree?" I asked, semi- horrified.
 
"Yeah," Jonghyun smiled widely.
 
"Why?" I wailed. I don't know about you but I definitely didn't want an apple tree in the middle of my room.
 
"It's your birthday today, remember?" Jonghyun said, like it was obvious.
 
"So you give me an apple tree?" I raised an eyebrow.
 
"Yeah. I planted it and everything. It's been growing for a couple of years and I finally decided to give it to you," Jonghyun declared proudly.
 
"Thanks......." I said uncertaintly.
 
"Well, happy birthday Hana," Jonghyun said pulling me into a hug. He kissed my cheek.
 
"Thanks dino," I thanked him and he left.
 
When he left, I sighed and collapsed backwards onto my bed. When I got back up abruptly, a branch of the apple tree hit my head.
 
"Ow," I held my hand against my head rubbing it. An apple fell off one of the branch and hit the floor. Before it could start rolling off under my bed, I grabbed it. When I grabbed it, I noticed something was on smudged onto the apple. I frowned and turned it over to see taht there was a word on it.
 
"Because....." I read the word on the apple.
 
I frowned and looked on all the other apples. THere was a number on the bottom of the apples and a word on each of them also.
 
I laughed. Jonghyun.......
 
I spent all night on the apples to put them in order by number. By the time I was done, it said it a message.
 
Smile because it makes me laugh. Happy birthday Hana, I love you so much.
 
I snapped a picture of it and sent it to Jonghyun who replied:
 
^^ look in the pot.
 
I looked in the pot and dug up some of the soil to find something shiny.
 
It was a beautiful ring.
 
Just on time, my phone rang with Jonghyun's text again:
 
A symbol of our love.
 
~~~~~~~~~
 
another chapter coming later tonight~
thanks for waiting so long for another chap. <333 hope your having a great week.
Weekend's coming soon! ^_____^