Chapter Ten♥

Pinky Promise

"Hana? Hannaaa..?"

"Wha..?" I woke up from my sleep. Yes. I fell asleep. On the ground. Outside. In the pouring rain. The rain was still going on but it wasn't totally pouring like before. My sweats were all wet and so was my t-shirt. I groaned.

"Why are you sleeping here?" Onew helped me up. He laughed at my state. He was holding an umbrella in one hand and a waffle in another. I guess they did go to the waffle shop...

"I don't know. I was just sitting here and then I guess I fell asleep," I explained. Why did I always have to look like crap in front of Onew? Onew just chuckled at me.

"You should get going. It's12:00 right now," Onew said.

"Seriously?" I started to panic.

"Do you want me to walk you home?" he asked.

"No it's fine, I only have to walk a couple of minutes and it's raining anyway," I said.

"Knowing you, you'll probably lose your way and go into the wrong house and get eaten by lions. You don't even have an umbrella," Onew said, motioning me to follow him. I sighed and walked by his side.

"So I guess you guys went to that waffle house Taemin was talking about." I tried to make conversation.

"Yeah, Taemin wanted to go really bad so we just went without Jonghyun," Onew said, nibbling on his waffle. He was so cute.

"Want some?" he held the waffle up to my mouth. I shook my head.

"I gotta make a stop here," Onew said. I nodded and we went inside a ramen shop. 

"HALMONI!" Onew shouted and looked around. Right then, a woman came out from the back part of the shop.

"Ah, Jinki. You came to visit?" the woman asked, wiping her hands on her apron. She was an old lady with gray hair and crinkling eyes whenever she smiled.

"Yes, are you doing well?" Onew asked, sitting down. He motioned me to sit down too.

"I'm doing very well. What would you like?" the halmoni asked.

"Oh, I'm fine," Onew said, "actually, can we get a regular ramen?"

"Of course," the halmoni's eyes crinkled at the corners. She started to make the ramen.

"Where are we?" I asked. I looked around in the shop. There was a very homely feeling about the little ramen shop. There were wooden walls and many flowers. The wet weather outside matched with the decoration indoors.

"We're at a ramen shop. It's not that popular but it's delcious. I'm really close with the halmoni that runs the shop. She saved my life once," Onew smiled, "I was running late for training because I was helping my teacher with some stuff and while I was running, a car almost ran over me. Halmoni raced out of her shop and stopped the car. She wasn't much of a halmoni back then," Onew beamed.

"That's amazing," I looked at the halmoni chopping vegetables.

"Here you go, kids," Halmoni winked at us and slid the ramen over to us. Now that looked at her again, she looked so familiar.

"Hana. Eat." Onew commanded. I dug into the ramen. It was delicious. It was spicy but not too spicy and the ramen wasn't too overcooked or undercooked. The vegetables in the soup were also very good too.

"This is so good!" I exclaimed. I stuffed more into my mouth. "Mmmm..." I said. The hot broth warmed my wet body.

Halmoni beamed down at me, "Eat, eat."

"See, you were hungry. You should've just eaten my waffle too," Onew laughed as I finished up the bowl. I rubbed my tummy.

"Ah..." I sighed and I smiled, "That was so good. I'm tired again," I frowned.

"Jonghyun-ah. Your here too?" Halmoni suddenly said. I heard the door open.

"Ajhumma!!!!!!" Jonghyun screamed and lept into her arms. Ajhumma?

"I guess your okay now," I scowled under my breath.

"Hana..." Jonghyun turned towards me.

"Hana?" Halmoni asked, "Hana?" she turned and gave a confused look to Jonghyun.

"Yup, that's our Hana," Jonghyun confirmed and gave a nod of his head.

"Wait... Ajhumma?" I asked. Halmoni nodded.

~~~~~~~~

"Hana-ah..." Ajhumma took my hand. We were sitting in her resuraunt sipping on some coffee. Jonghyun and Onew had left us to go back to their dorm before they got in trouble by their manager. I felt sad when I saw how much ajhumma had aged. It seemed like just yesterday when me and Jonghyun went to her shop to get some ice cream.

"Hana-ah, make sure you take care of Jonghyun for me, okay?" she asked.

"Take care of him?"

"Yes, take care of him. After you left, you don't know how sad he was. He'd come into my shop and buy two ice creams and then remember that you weren't here," she chuckled, "he hasn't changed, Hana. Not his handsome looks, not his personality, and definitely not his feelings for you. The day he  heard that you were back, do you know how many hours I stayed up talking to that boy about you?"

"Really?" I asked a little shocked.

"Yes. Trust me. I see the way he looks at you. Even if you don't return his feelings, just take care of him for me," ajhumma said.

"I will.." I held up my pinky.

"Good. I'll be able to rest knowing that he's okay.... Also, I didn't tell you anything," ajhumma winked.

 

 

The next morning, I woke up because of Jonghyun jumping on me.

"HANA! HANA! HANA! HAAAANNNAAAA!" Jonghyun screamed trying to wake me up.

"Ugh." I groaned and buried myself in the pillows and blankets.

"WAKE UP! WE HAVE TO EAT!" Jonghyun said. I was going to get up, but Jonghyun didn't give me time to and just jumped on me.

"KIM JONGHYUN!" I yelled but my voice was muffled by the pillow my face was slammed into.

"Wake up, Hana," Jonghyun smiled and pat my back, "We gotta eat."

"You..." I said but I bet he didn't hear because of the stupid pillow in my face.

"Are you awake?" Jonghyun asked. I nodded my head and Jonghyun got off. I scowled at him and went to take a shower.

"Good morning," Jonghyun's parents greeted from the dining table.

"Good morning," I returned. I sat down and Jonghyun smiled sweetly at me. I stuck my tounge out at him and started eating my breakfast. Jonghyun's parents asked how my life was going and if training was good. I answered their questions.

"Hey Jonghyun. I thought you had to go back to your dorm yesterday," I said.

"We did but manager hyung just wanted us there to tell us that we got a break for a successful Japan debut," Jonghyun answered.

"So what are you guys planning on doing today?" Jonghyun's mom asked.

"Well I wanted to go see cherry blossoms with Hana," Jonghyun replied.

"Cherry blossoms?" Jonghyun didn't tell me about this.

"Yeah. I decided it. I know you love cherry blossoms," Jonghyun nudged and smiled. I sighed. I do love cherry blossoms. Also, how could you say no to Jonghyun asking you to go see cherry blossoms with him?

After breakfast, I dressed in light blue distressed shorts and a loose tank top with an orange cardigan. I met Jonghyun in the living room where he was watching TV sprawled across the couch in such a weird position that I couldn't help myself from laughing.

"What? Ready?" Jonghyun asked. I bit my lip and nodded.

"So how are we getting there?" I asked as we rode down the elevator.

"We're.... WALKING!" Jonghyun exclaimed. He put on a wide grin.

"Where is it?" I asked cautiously. I was so scared of his answer.

"Well... If we walk fast, it'll only take about 2 hours or so," Jonghyun answered.

"2 hours or so?" Me and Jonghyun stepped out of the apartment complex to feel the hot and humid summer air greet us, "In this weather?"

I knew that watching cherry blossoms with Jonghyun was too good to be true.

All of a sudden, I remembered the horrid day where I had to find Jonghyun's house in the hot weather with a crap and a hurt toe because I refused to ride in the back seat.

"It's okay, I have money for water," Jonghyun reassured.

I just laughed. Nothing else would come out. I was speechless.

"Are you okay?"

"Perfectly fine." I answered.

"Oookay.. Well we should get going." Jonghyun started up the street and I followed.

The sun was beating down on us as we crossed streets and turned corners.

"We're here." Jonghyun said.

"Really?" I asked. I smiled. It wasn't as bad as i thought. I checked my clock. Only 30 minutes had passed.

"Well, we got to Checkpoint 1." Jonghyun pointed to a map.

"There's 10 Checkpoints...." I blankly stated.

"Yeah. So we should get a move on." Jonghyun said, trying to make himself sound cheerful.

Me and Jonghyun walked for another 30 minutes and I was dying as I robotically moved my legs. I looked over at Jonghyun and he was sweating too. I looked up at the sun and it was shining down brightly, slowly killing me. I didn't even have the power to curse it.

"Jonghyun," I panted wiping the sweat off of my forehead.

"What?" Jonghyun gritted his teeth as we kept walking up the hill.

"How. Much. Longer." I asked. I didn't even have the power to phrase the sentence so it actually sounded like a question.

"Top of the hill. Then we're finallly there." Jonghyun swallowed his spit as a replacement for water. 6 Checkpoints ago, I told him that we should buy water but he said that it would be much cheaper at the next grocery store.... There wasn't another grocery store.

"Finally there? Does that mean that we'll actually see the cherry blossoms today or is it another checkpoint?" I panted.

"We can see the cherry blossoms," Jonghyun said.

"I can do it!" I yelled. I did a "fighting" to myself and took a deep breath. I got all of the strength that I had left inside of me and sprinted up the hill.

"WAIT!" I heard Jonghyun call.

30 seconds later, we were both on the top of the hill, trying to catch our breath. On the other side of the hill, were beautiful pink cherry blossoms.

There was a hot breeze in the air that made the cherry blossoms softly drop onto the floor. There were lovers and little children playing where the cherry blossoms arched, covering the blue sky and making a tunnel.

"Wow..." Jonghyun breathed. 

"It's so beautiful," I started down the hill. My exhaustion left me as me and Jonghyun walked down that long path of cherry blossoms. Jonghyun took a cherry blossom off of my hair.

"I've always wanted to collect a million of these petals," I said as I closed my eyes and breathed in. I smiled, smelling the fresh air and feeling the light touch of cherry blossoms surround me.

"Why?" Jonghyun asked.

"Because.. I think it'd be good luck. You know? Ten thousand cherry blossom petals... How amazing would it be to tell someone that you had ten thousand cherry blossom petals?" I said.

"That's stupid," Jonghyun scoffed.

I shrugged, "Is it?"

I caught Jonghyun looking at me.

"Hana..." Jonghyun took my hand.

"What are you doing? Someone might see! What if there's fans and reporters here?" I pulled my hand out of his grasp but he held my hand again.

"I don't really care. I'm telling you because your my best friend.. but I don't love Sekyung..." Jonghyun whispered like it was a huge secret.

I didn't say anything. I wanted to tell him that I totally eavesdropped on him and that I knew everything, but I kept my mouth shut.

"I know. I'm a bad person-" Jonghyun started again.

"No, it's not that Jonghyun- Never mind.. Why don't you love her anymore?" I asked. He let go of my hand and put his hands in his pockets.

"Because I don't. Because I love someone else," Jonghyun said softly.

"Ah.." I nodded. Before I could ask who he loved, he said something again.

"Can I ask you something?" Jonghyun asked.

"Sure..."

"Are you going back the States?" Jonghyun said all in one breath like he was holding it in.

"I don't think I am. I chose a new path that's going to require me to stay in Korea," I looked up at him.

"Your never leaving?" Jonghyun asked.

"I'm planning to stay here," I confirmed.

"Thanks," Jonghyun said and pulled me into a hug.

"For what?" I said into his chest.

"For staying...."