Chapter Thirty Six.

Pinky Promise

The next day it was all over the news:

-SHINee's Kim Jonghyun: alcoholic and druggie.

-Kim Jonghyun gets alcohol poisoning. Was he addicted? Is there more than JUST alcohol?

-National boy band SHINee. Not so cute and innocent anymore.

~~

I didn't even know where the "drug" part came from. Yes, Jonghyun got alcohol poisoning but no, he wasn't addicted and I knew that Jonghyun wouldn't do drugs. Right?

Either way, fans and reporters everywhere were going crazy with this new "news". Meanwhile, my phone wouldn't stop ringing. People heard that I had been the only outside person that was inside SHINee's waiting room while this was happening. Reporters called me nonstop asking what had happened and if I could give them a background of what happened or if I had any relations to Jonghyun.

I simply said, "I don't remember." and hung up the phone.

When I walked into the hospital, everyone stared at me and buzzed about the Jonghyun news. I sighed and just went on with my work.

"Hana!" Doctor Jun barked, sticking his head into the hospital room I was in.

"Yes?" I looked up from the shot I was giving to a child.

"Come out here," he said. I frowned and let my parter finish up my work and followed him outside into the hallway.

"They want you at SM Entertainent," he scowled.

I didn't say anything.

"....Right now. So go before they sue this hospital," Doctor Jun his heel.

Okkkkkay... I grabbed my bags and walked to SM Entertainment which was only a block away.

I chose the safe way and went through the back door so I wouldn't be bombarded with questions and blinded from the flashes of cameras and deafened from the fans and reporters' questions and wailing.

I went to the reception center and the lady told me to go to SHINee's practice room. I passed by the doors and memories came flooding back to when I first saw Jonghyun in a couple years. I chuckled remembering the way he ignored me and acted terribly to me the first time I saw him in a few years. I remembered how I had to walk home because I refused to ride in the back with his girlfriend in the passenger seat.

I finally arrived at the room. I took a deep breath and knocked before I walked in. The place didn't change at all from when I saw it years ago; it's just that  now it was filled with a bunch of frustrated, mad people.

Eyes narrowed as they stared at me walking in.

One of the managers from last night sighed and stood up, "Choi Hana. I suppose you know how all this was released to the public?!"

The manager threw newspaper clippings and some printings of online news at my feet. I bent down and picked them up. All about Jonghyun.

"You think I did this?" I asked. I looked up at the manager to see Jonghyun and the rest of SHINee behind him. My eyes caught Jonghyun's and he quickly looked away, guiltily. I scoffed inside my head. So I guess he knows that did something wrong.

"You were the only other person in the room except for body guards and the managers and SHINee," the manager crossed his arms, "You need to pay for their image. Do you know how many variety shows and music programs PDs are trying to take them out of?"

"This is all his fault," I motioned towards Jonghyun who looked up from studying his shoes, "Even if it was only SHINee that knew about his alcohol problem, someone would've found out and ended up telling the public."

"How's it my fault?!" Jonghyun exploded.

"HOW IS IT NOT? YOUR THE ONE THAT PUT THE ALCOHOL IN YOUR BODY LIKE A CRAZY PERSON!"  I screamed. The manager looked at us confused. He didn't know anything about our complicated past.

Onew stood between me and Jonghyun who had pushed past the manager and held us apart from each other.

"You disgust me," I spat.

"I don't know what's going on," the manager started, "but we need to settle this and so far, all the evidence points towards you being the one that telling the media."

"I don't think it was Hana," Taemin said under his breath. Minho and Key silently agreed.

The manager ignored them, "We have to get this settled. How much money did you get for this?"

"What kind of person do you think I am?" I asked.

"We'll give you more money then they did; just tell the media that you lied," the manager said as if it was a simple conclusion. This was just ridiculous.

After 30 minutes of arguing back and forth, we got absolutely nowhere. The manager kept convicting me, and Jonghyun wouldn't defend me; not that I thought that he would. In the end, I got sent down to the security office.

How did that happen?

I. Have. No. Clue.

But now I'm in SM Entertainment's security office until they figure out who spread the rumors. Or until someone rescues me...

----------

JONGHYUN'S POV:

I have a huge void in my heart.. So far, nothing's filling it up except for drinking. I've actually been drinking ever since that incident with Hana. I'm still drinking now even after the alcohol poisoning and rumors and . I just can't stop. And about Hana; I wonder how many times we'll fight before we totally forget each other.

I picked up the alcohol bottle once again and drank... just drank until my insides and throat felt like acid and polluted enough. I laid my drunken head on my hands and tilted my head to looked outside. There was a small beam of sunlight breaking through the Seoul skyline. Morning already?

I grunted and tried to lug my body off of the bar's couch but I couldn't. I tried with all my strength to get up but my body wouldn't move like my brain told it to.

"Kim Jonghyun."

Was someone calling me? I blinked a couple of times and looked up. Hyeyoung was looking down at me with a disapproving look and crossed her arms.

"What are you doing?" Hyeyoung tied her hair up and tried cleaning up the bottles of spilled alcohol and cracked bottles all around me.

"Hyeeyoung, how'd you get here?" my speech came out slurred.

"The ajhumma here called me," Hyeyoung motioned to the ajhumma staring at me, shaking her head and sighing, "I bet little girls who worship him don't know that he does this." Oh trust me, ajhumma. The whole world knows that I'm addicted to alcohol. Apparently they think that I'm a druggie too. Let's see how many fans I have after this scandal......

"Oh, my girlfriend came to save me?" I grinned looking up at Hyeyoung. She looked at me disgusted.

"I just came because your seriously too much for this ajhumma. She wants to go home too," Hyeyoung bowed sorry to the ajhumma and led me out of the bar. Hyeyoung had me cover my head in her jacket while she brought me to her car. When we were out of sight though, she snapped the jacket off of my head. I looked around, surprised and confused by the sudden light. I feel like throwing up.

"Let's break up," Hyeyoung said.

"What?" my senses snapped back with those three words.

"Let's break up..." Hyeyoung repeated. Her words had no trace of sympathy or hurt or sorry..

"Are you.. serious?" I choked out.

"Yes, Jonghyun," Hyeyoung sighed.

"Why... WHY?"

"I don't want a boyfriend that does drugs." Hyeyoung looked away.

"Who told you that I did drugs? Do you actually believe all of those reporters?!"

"Well they're all right about your alcohol problem!" she snapped, "Truthfully, the alcohol isn't it. I'm just tired of you. I don't like you anymore. I want to see other people and I feel like I'm tied to you... It's frustrating!"

I shook my head and grabbed Hyeyoung's hand. She looked at me in the eye and violently took her hand out of my grip but I grabbed it again, "Don't... don't....."

I didn't want her to leave. I couldn't have her leave. Hyeyoung had been the one that saved me when Hana left. She was the one that was with me through this whole time and made me happy. I couldn't live without her. She couldn't go.

"Let go!" Hyeyoung shouted, twisting her arm out of my grip.

"Hyeyoung, don't do it... You can't leave. You know how much I love you," I held on to her as tight as I could and pulled her into a hug.

"Don't hold onto me. We're not meant to be together, okay? And... you smell like alcohol!" she grunted, pushing me off.

"How do you know? Give me a chance!" I begged.

"I'M CHEATING ON YOU!" She erupted.

I was silent. She opened again, "I told you that I got tired of you. I wasn't lying."

Hyeyoung swiftly turned away from me and drove off in her car. I watched her leave and took a step towards her as the car turned the corner but stopped myself. What was happening?

I'm so lost now. I have nothing.

 

 

~

happy 2 yrs. b2st & b2utys~ congrats congrats