Chapter Twenty Six

Pinky Promise

Jonghyun dropped me back into the hotel and I waved as he drove off.

"Who was that?"

I turned around to see Kikwang standing there with a teddy bear and flowers in front of the hotel. The teddy bear held a little cushion that said, "I'm sorry." He was shivering and was covered by layers of jackets. Tonight was one of the rare cold nights in Seoul. There wasn't even anyone out in front of the hotel because of the freezing weather.

"It was Jonghyun......" I answered, walking up to him, "Why are you here?"

"I was waiting for you," Kikwang answered, rubbing the back of his head.

"Oh."

"I'm sorry," Kikwang said, holding out the apology bear and the flowers.

"You didn't need to buy all of this to say sorry," I said, refusing the gifts.

"I know.... It's just that.... I really didn't know what I was thinking. I was nervous about seeing my friends and everything and I just forgot," Kikwang apologized.

"It's okay. It was just a small mistake."

There was a silence.

"So how long did you wait here?" I asked Kikwang.

"After you left, I came to the hotel thinking that you would come straight here, but after waiting a while I went to buy this and then came back and waited some more. So about 4 hours?" Kikwang replied.

"You shouldn't have," I immediately felt guilty.

The whole incident wasn't that much of a big deal, anyway. I was just heated up by the moment and Jonghyun's random heroic moment made everything twenty tiems more dramatic.

"Well I wanted to," Kikwang took the scarf off of his neck and wrapped it around me, "Your lips are turning blue."

"Thanks," I sniffled, "You should go back into the dorm. I bet your members are worried."

"They aren't," Kikwang laughed, "You know how they are."

"Yeah...." I laughed, remembering their tendency to just talk carelessly, laugh carelessly, act carelessly...

All of a sudden, he reached down and came close to kiss me but I flinched and held my hand in front of my lips. Kikwang slightly looked hurt and drew back.

"Sorry," I breathed.

"It's okay..... we should.... take it slow... i guess......... Just call me tomorrow then," Kikwang gave me a hug and walked out to the hotel parking lot and waved as he got into his car.

I sighed and waved back. As he left, I looked at the gifts in my hand.

The bear was so cute.

-3 DAYS Later-

"HANA! Me and Hyeyoung are back together!" Jonghyun screeched over the phone. I could hear the happiness and joy in the tone of his voice.

"Really?! I'm so happy for you!" I exclaimed. I had gotten so good at this acting like everything was okay and I was over Jonghyun... It scared me.

"I knew that time would mend everything," he said happily.

"Hey, I'm the one that told you that," I laughed.

"Whatever! I'm going to go now, I'm going out with her soon!" Jonghyun said his goodbye and hung up.

"Who was that?" Kikwang asked, wrapping his toned arms around me.

"Jonghyun," I answered.

"I heard what he said," Kikwang chuckled, "He sounds so happy."

"He is," I said, softly. I climbed out of Kikwang's embrace and faced him, "So where are you planning to take me today?"

"Beach." He answered.

"Beach?!"

"Beach," Kikwang comfirmed.

"YEAH!" I cheered.

"Go get ready," Kikwang laughed.

After we got all of our stuff ready, we loaded everything into Kikwang's car and drove off to the beach.

"Oh and I have a surprise," Kikwang winked.

"What is it?"

"If I tell you , it's not a surprise anymore is it?" Kikwang said sneakily.

"I'll figure out anyway," I huffed.

"Yeah. When I tell you," Kikwang retorted.

I gave Kikwang a joking punch.

When we arrived at the beach, we were greeted by the sound of seagulls and ocean waves crashing. I looked out the window at pure amazement. I loved the beach. The sun's rays hit the sapphire blue sea in a perfect angle, making the water glitter with every movement it made.

"Pretty huh?" Kikwang grinned.

I nodded.

"Close your eyes now," Kikwang said as we neared the parking lot of the beach.

"For the surprise?" I asked.

"Yeah. No peeking," Kikwang smiled.

I agreed and shut my eyes and waited for something.

All of a sudden, I heard Kikwang's voice.

"SURPRISE!!!!!!!"

I opened my eyes.

And nothing changed.

Except for Jonghyun and Hyeyoung were there, both wearing stupid excited expressions and beach clothes.

Oh my God. Why. Why?!

 

~~~~~

short short short. sorry. hope you liked~