Chapter Fifteen♥

Pinky Promise

"Sorry we couldn't go to Namsan," Jonghyun muttered.

"It's okay, I'd rather sneak into a school and be pelted by sprinklers, anyway," I joked.

Jonghyun and I walked into the SM buliding, even if I technically wasn't supposed to be there. We seperated when he went into a room to practice for his new Japanese single while I "was with the trainees".

I sneaked out of the building and made sure that no trainees or SHINee members or anyone saw me.

Once I was sure I was out of distance, I walked to the hotel I was staying in. Even Jonghyun's parents didn't know that I was going back to the States. They thought that I was staying in the dorms with the other trainees.

I dropped my bags at the foot of the bed and just fell backwards lazily onto the chair next to a window. I glanced over to the desk to see a calendar that I had marked with one huge red circle. In the circle said:

Flight at 2:35 PM

I sighed and just stared blankly into space for a good 30 minutes.

I had grown way too close to apart from Jonghyun with a light heart.

I had become too attached to him that I'd probably go crazy if I couldn't talk to him.

I had learned to rely on him too much that I would probably break down without him near me.

*ring ring ring*

"Hello?" I muttered through the phone.
"Hana, meet me at the cafe, it's Jonghyun."
"Right now?"
"Yeah. See you there."

Jonghyun hung up.

I dragged my feet to the door and grabbed my bag to head out.

I plastered a smile on my face and told myself, "I'm not going to be with Jonghyun for the next 10 years or so... I better leave Seoul with good memories of us."

"Hana!" Jonghyun exclaimed.

"Hey Jjong!" I turned around.

"Hey. I'm done recording for now. Let's go somewhere," Jonghyun grinned.

"Where?" I asked.

"You'll see," he winked and started walking towards his car.

"Does it involve... water?" I cringed.

"No, not today," he smiled.

"Are you... sure?" I asked uncertaintly.

"Yes," Jonghyun admitted.

I nodded my head in approval and looked at Jonghyun the whole time he was driving. I didn't have much longer to see him. Maybe on TV, but not like this.

"Why are you staring at me? Is there something on my face?" Jonghyun frowned.

"No. Your just handsome."

"I know," Jonghyun said satisfactingly, "I'm the best singer too. I make the girls swoon."

I just laughed and let him slide with his self-praise.

We arrived a few minutes later at an abandoned street. It looked so familiar.

"Do you remember this place?" Jonghyun asked. He got out of the car and I followed and stood by the car as I watched him put his hands in his pockets and skip playfully down the street.

I frowned. It seemed familiar... Like deja vu but I couldn't remember what it was. He turned around and motioned me to come. I steadily walked towards him and watched him from behind as he kept going down the rundown road.

"What is this place?" I breathed, looking around. I knew that I saw it somewhere but I couldn't figure it out. I looked around. It was like a ghost town. There was no trace of other people here and the road was cracked and gray. Yet, there was sort of a beautiful feeling to this place that felt homely and calm.

"Look," Jonghyun stopped at an old building the color of gray muck and beige. I could faintly read the writing on the sign that said, "Pine Tree Resturaunt".

"Resturaunt?" I asked. Jonghyun nodded and started to go in.

"What are you doing?" I held him back.

"Let's go inside," Jonghyun pulled out of my grasp and took my hand instead.

I sighed and followed him inside. There were old wooden tables and a faded menu board. Stuffing was coming out of the old chairs and the flooring was dirty with dust and dirt.

"Do you remember?" Jonghyun asked.

All of a sudden, it came crashing back to me like a wave of realization. 

We had come here when our parents decided that we were old enough to go out to eat by ourselves. I had always called it our first date even though I was too shy to tell him back then. After the first date, we had always come here when we needed help or wanted just wanted to get away from the world.

"Our first date....." I said, looking around, "What happened here?"

"This whole area of the city was being closed down for construction a while ago... They just never got to the construction," Jonghyun explained.

"Are we supposed to be in here?" I asked uncertaintly looking around.

Jonghyun shrugged, "I don't know. But the funny thing is... electricity still works." He the resturaunt stove and poured some drinking water into a pot.

"Why are y-" I started.

"Don't ask questions. I'm making you... Kim Jonghyun's magnificent coffee," Jonghyun declared, grabbing two little Maxim Coffee packets out of his pocket presenting it to me, "I know your obsessed with this stuff."

I was baffled and confused, yet touched. I didn't say anything more as I watched him boil the water and pour the coffee powder into the two cups.

"Here," Jonghyun gave me a cup and I drank out of it, anxious about the taste. It was actually... really good.

"Mmmm," I smiled, drinking more of the coffee.

"Good?" Jonghyun asked.

I nodded.

"Thanks Dino," I smiled.

"Yup," Jonghyun sat down at one of the old tables near the window in the front corner of the resturaunt and I did also.

"We sat here everytime we came here," I said, reminiscing the good times.

"I know... it's weird coming back here, isn't it?" Jonghyun asked.

"Yeah. I haven't been here in forever."

"I still come here when I just want to think," Jonghyun said, sipping his coffee.

"Well I know where to find you if SHINee's Kim Jonghyun goes missing," I laughed.

"Yeah, you do. So if I'm gone, you should be racing to me."

I didn't know what to say to that. I should be racing to him? From the States? I awkwarly smiled.

"Do you remember the eighth grade graduation dance?" Jonghyun sudenly asked.

"How could I forget?" I exclaimed, "It was the most boring part of eighth grade!"

"I know, right? I don't know why I went," Jonghyun regretted.

I shuddered at the memories of eighth grade teachers carrying around rulers at the dance to make sure that no one was too close to one another.

"They didn't even play slow songs," Jonghyun sighed.

"We were in eighth grade..." 

"Still..." Jonghyun wailed.

"Why, was there a girl you wanted to dance with?" I teased.

"Yeah. I kept hoping that our names would be picked for the Snowball," Jonghyun admitted.

"What are you saying?" I asked suspiciously.

"Let's dance right now," Jonghyun scooted out of his seat and held out his hand, "May I have this dance?"

I stared at his hand and then at his face. He was dead serious. I took his hand with the thought that I wouldn't have the chance to dance with him like this again. Never again.

"Let me put on music," Jonghyun took out his phone and played some soft music.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and I wrapped mine around his shoulders.

"So how are you on this fine evening?" Jonghyun grinned.

"I'm doing good, you?" I laughed.

"I'm great... Your hot," Jonghyun said.

"You too," I winked and followed with his acting.

We swayed back and forth to the music around the resturaunt.

"I love you Hana," Jonghyun whispered into my ear.

"I love you too," I placed my head on his chest.

"How much?" he asked.

"Too much... Way too much," I answered him.

"I'm scared you'll leave me. Nowadays, I feel uneasy. It's like your going to leave me for some reason," he frowned.

Could Jonghyun predict the future or something?

"You won't... right?" Jonghyun asked.

"I wouldn't be able to move my feet to walk away from you," I said truthfully.

"You can't leave Hana... Why am I'm so scared your going to leave?" Jonghyun eyebrows furrowed.

"Don't worry about losing me or me leaving you. Please." I closed my eyes as I felt my heart drop down far into my stomach.

Why can't I tell him? I"m just hurting him by lying even more and more.

"I'm trusting you," Jonghyun said.

I nodded as Jonghyun lifted my chin to kiss me.

I'm so sorry... I promised my mom on her death bed that I would do this for her. I have to leave.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I'm a y writer. Sorry that I haven't updated. SCHOOL STARTED! For me it was high school and I am officially a freshman! My AP World hw is just... alksfjsd;;;;; I have to read 1092859023845983294085 pages in a day :( on top of that, i have to wake up to go to school at 5 because I go to a private school far from where I live... and I have 0 Period class. 

^That was my excuse of why I haven't updated. I'm just really sorry :(

I hope all of your days have been well. And again; sorry because this chapter was probably very terrible - I didn't edit or re-read this one, i just wanted to update ^______^

SO HELLO NEW READERS!!!! (: <3 i hope your enjoying this sad depressing angst. LOLOL don't worry; it'll brighten up. someday. (:

i will update. next chapter. soon. as in. SOON. i hope.

thank you guys for commenting. i cannot explain the feeling of happiness when i see those comments!!!! <3333