Chapter Twenty Three

Pinky Promise

"Hana." I heard.

I started walking faster. Music Core had now ended and all the artists were erasing their make up and getting ready to go to their next schedule or back to their dorms. Junhyung, Hyunseung, and Yoseob had already left for their dorm and I had to leave Beast's waiting room while they were getting changed out of their performance clothing.

"Hana!" the voice came louder and closer this time.

I turned a corner swifty but someone 's hand caught my shoulder.

"Why do you keep avoiding me?"

I turned around to see Jonghyun.

"I'm not avoiding you," I lied.

"Then why are you walking so fast? And aren't you happy to see me?"

"I had to go to the bathroom. And I am happy!" I plastered a huge grin onto my face.

"Then why don't we go out to eat or something? Your my best friend that I haven't seen in 7 years...." Jonghyun smiled innocently.

He was so charming. But clueless. Why was he so... okay about everything?

"Sometime," I smiled and made an excuse to leave, "Okay I reallllllly have to go to the bathroom now."

"Okay, well..." Jonghyun took my hand and shivers ran across my skin. He got out a permanant marker, probably one that he used for signing autographs, and wrote down his number on the palm of my hand and folded it, "Promise me you'll call?"

I didn't reply and walked away again. Sorry, Jonghyun I don't promise.

"OW!" I bumped into someone and we both fell on the floor.

"Ow....." the girl rubbed her head.

"Sorry," I mumbled. I got up and held out my hand. She took it and got up.

"Hey, your Jonghyun's friend!" the girl exclaimed.

I looked at the girl's face and recognized her as Jonghyun's girlfriend.

"Oh, hello," I said.

"Hi! You know, I'm really sorry about that, I didn't mean to run into you. My name's Hyeyoung, if you forgot," she apologized.

"Oh it's fine. I'm Hana," I gave a small laugh.

"Yeah, I remember!" she perked.

"Yeah...."

"We should get to know each other sometime. Jonghyun says a lot of good things about you," she beamed.

"Sure. Well I have to go. Bathroom," I excused myself.

"Hyeyoung," Jonghyun came behind her suddenly and slipped his arm around her waist.

"Jjong," she cocked her head up and smiled.

"Anyway, bathroom," I coughed.

"Wait, I was going to suggest that we go out for dinner or something!" Hyeyoung suddenly exclaimed.

"Yeah, good idea! I was talking about that with Hana too," Jonghyun said excitedly.

"I'm sorry, I have to wake up early tomorrow. Might as well sleep early, right?" I made an excuse.

"Well I guess if you-" Hyeyoung started.

"I have to go do my duties. Bye now," I gave them a wave of my hand and stumbled away. I know, I sound mean. But they were just the people that I did not want to see.

I sat on the toilet thinking until my phone rang.

"Hello?"
"Hana, where are you? Why do you keep disappearing?"

It was Kikwang.
"Oh, sorry. Where are you right now?"
"In the car garage. Meet me there."
"Okay I'll be there soon."

We hung up and I headed down to the car garage. Kikwang was in his disguise with his sunglasses, beanie, and huge jacket. I laughed. Whether it was KIkwang or Jonghyun, they couldn't possibly hide their handsome face under accessories and layers of clothes.

"Let's go out for dinner, I'm hungry," Kikwang whined.

"I brought you food earlier today, though," I said.

"Everyone else ate it," Kikwang pouted.

Kikwang tried to convince me to go out and eat with him and after 30 minutes of persuasion, I finally gave in.

After some driving, we arrived at a resturant. It was nicely decorated but not too overdone.

"I love this place," Kikwang smiled, "I always came here after training when I was still a trainee."

I nodded and looked around some more. I understood why he loved it so much . There was an elegant feel to the resturant yet very homey.

After ordering some food, we sat down and started to talk.

"So how's everything going with schedules and stuff?" I asked.

"Hard as always. But it's not going to be easy if your trying to reach the top, right?" he answered.

I nodded in agreement.

"Is working in the hospital good?"

"Yeah. But the head doctor's mean," I frowned, thinking about Doctor Jun's harsh words, criticism and lack of patience.

"Oh...... Hana... When are you going to accept me?" Kikwang suddenly asked.

"W-what are you talking about?"

"You know that I like you," Kikwang said cooly.

"I-Well yeah, but-"

"Do you like me back?" he asked, hopefully.

"I do, but I'm not sure if I like you as a friend or as a boyfriend yet," I said, carefully choosing my words.

Kikwang opened his mouth but never got to respond.

Why?

Because we were interrupted.

"Hana?! Is that you?!"

I looked towards the general direction of where the voice was coming from and spotted where the voices came from.

Hyeyoung and Jonghyun had come into the resturant and were smiling and waving at me enthusiastically. I grimaced but waved back.

"Hana! I thought that you had to wake up early tomorrow!" Jonghyun exclaimed. He denied the server's offer for a table and walked over to where me and Kikwang were sitting.

"I do... It's just that Kikwang made me," I mumbled, keeping my head down.

"Oh, I see... Well, might as well eat together now then," Jonghyun chirped.

"Can we sit?" Hyeyoung asked.

I gave Kikwang a look of caution but he didn't see and happily invited them to eat with us.

Throughout the whole dinner, Hyeyoung and Jonghyun fed each other and wiped food off of each other. Whatever topic we started talking about, it always ended up being about Jonghyun and Hyeyoung's dates or their parties or their favorite things to do together and even their fights.

"Is there something wrong?" Jonghyun asked me all of a sudden, napkin mid-air as he went to wipe the crumbs off of Hyeyoung's face yet again.

He must've noticed my disgusted facial expression.

Is there something wrong?

Yes, there is something wrong. There is something seriously wrong. Did you forget that I left you? Did you forget that I didn't want to see you ever again? Did a huge boulder squash your head and make you forget everything throughout these 7 years?

And is it just me or are you showing off your girlfriend in front of me? Are you trying to make me jealous? Because I feel enough pain and regret already without you and Hyeyoung constantly showing up in my face wherever I go.

"Hana?" Kikwang waved his hand in front of my face trying to get my attention.

"Yeah- yeah," I snapped back into it.

"Maybe I should go. I still have my hospital volunteer thing for college tomorrow," I said, standing up and grabbing my bags.

"Aw, already?" Hyeyoung pouted.

"We should do this more often, it was fun!" Kikwang smiled.

"Mhmm," Jonghyun agreed.

"I'll see you guys later," I waved and even added a little smile but right when I turned around, my smile was replaced my tears.

Stupid Jonghyun.

 

~~~

look at me; updating like  a crazy person ^_____^ thanks for reading and subscribing and commenting! <3
It really helps inspire me~

hope you enjoyed