Chapter Thirty Three

Pinky Promise

I choked up the words, "I love you. A lot."

"I love you too," Jonghyun said nonchalantly.

"Not like that," I said, frustrated, "I love you more than just a friend... I love you. Like, I really really love you. As a boy. More than a boy."

"Hana..." Jonghyun said, "You have... a boyfriend."

"I know... and I hate myself for doing this to him but I can't stand just acting like I don't love you at all," my voice started to waver as tears threatened to fall out.

"No, Hana you don't get it. You have a boyfriend. I have a girlfriend... And I don't know about you but I'm not going to make Hyeyoung struggle because you suddenly want to take me back," Jonghyun said.

"....Take you back?"

"Do you think you can come again when everything is going perfectly fine without you?" Jonghyun gritted his teeth.

"That's not what I meant to do. I'm just trying to tell you th-"

"Why do you always do this and mess up everyone's lives?" Jonghyun opened the door abruptly and marched out slamming the door behind him.

My body acted before my brain did. I threw the blanket off of me, jumped out of the bed and ran out the door, looking both ways just in time to see Jonghyun getting into the elevator.

"Wait!" I shouted, I ran as fast as I could and stopped the elevator just in time with my hand.

"What are you doing?" Jonghyun spat out.

"You can't just leave... I'm not done," I panted.

"I have nothing more to say," Jonghyun turned away.

"Well I do." I pushed all the buttons on the elevator.

"What the hell?!" Jonghyun screamed, "Your ridiculous."

"Listen to me," I grabbed Jonghyun's shoulder and spun him towards me.

"Why? What do you want me to do? Love you or something? Cheat on my girlfriend? Have you cheat on your boyfriend? What do you want? Even if we become a couple, it's not like your going to stay in Korea with me. Your here until you get your college diploma and then you leave again!" Jonghyun screamed in outrage.

The elevator dinged open and a surprised little girl stood there wide eyed.

"Sorry. Can you get on the next elevator?" I asked the girl. The girl uncertaintly nodded and I clicked the button for the elevator doors to shut.

"I just simply wanted to confess! Keep the past out of this!" I exclaimed as tears threatened to fall out of my eyes.

"Who said I wanted your confession?" Jonghyun said coldly.

"Jonghyun why are you being like this? Why do you absolutely refuse to even hear me say the words 'i love you'?! IT DRIVES ME CRAZY!"

"Don't say that you love me. It'll never work out. Don't you understand? We've tried and tried.... Obviously if it hasn't worked out by now it's not ever going to. Ever."

The elevator dinged again and Jonghyun stalked out, taking the staircase and leaving me breathless, hurt, and abandoned.



~
short update;;;;; but it seemed like a nice place to end a chapter. better than no update right?heh.

i'll update more soon. sorry to leave you hanging. again.
hope you have a good day tomorrow. ARGH. TAKING PSAT. wish me luck~ <3