Chapter Twenty Seven

Pinky Promise

And nothing changed.

Except for Jonghyun and Hyeyoung were there, both wearing stupid excited expressions and beach clothes.

Oh my God. Why. Why?!

-----
"Uh," was all I could choke out of my mouth
 
"This'll be fun!" Hyeyoung exclaimed.
 
I looked at them with a bewildered expression.
 
"Are you that happy?" Jonghyun teased and pinched my cheeks.
 
"Aish," I muttered.
 
"Let's go!" Kikwang exclaimed, they all leaped towards the beach while I slugged behind dragging my beach towel.
 
The three of them grabbed a spot on the sand and set up their umbrellas and picnic baskets.
 
"Come on!" Hyeyoung motioned, smiling.
 
I glared at her under my sunglasses and stalked over to where they were sitting down.
 
"I can't get this sunblock on my back," Hyeyoung whined.
 
"I'll do it," Jonghyun smiled, grabbing sunblock and rubbing it over her shoulders and back.
 
"Do you need sunblock on your back?" Kikwang asked.
 
"Nope," I answered, "I'm planning on keeping this shirt on." I glanced over at Hyeyoung's bikini body.
 
After everyone got into their swimsuits and such, we started to get into the water.
 
Hyeyoung dipped her foot in the water and shrieked, "So cold!"
 
I leaned down and touched the water. It was freezing refreshing. I started to swim deeper and deeper into the ocean.
 
"Where are you going?" Kikwang looked at me like I was crazy. Him, Jonghyun and Hyeyoung were going into the water inch by inch shivering.
 
"Into the water. Wanna come?" I asked.
 
"It's too cold, what if you get sick?" Jonghyun asked. I shook his words off with a wave of my arm.
 
"Psh, I did swim team remember?" I said.
 
"Okay but you really shouldn't g-" Kikwang started but I didn't hear the rest. I tied my hair up and dived into the water. The water surrounded me and I smiled. I missed this so much. I swam so far that I couldn't see the bottom of the sea and Jonghyun, Hyeyoung, and KIkwang were small dots on the shore.
 
"HEY!" I called.
 
"------!!!!!" I heard someone's faint calling. I was too far away to hear them.
 
Ah, alone at last. I floated on my back and let the drift of the water take me wherever.
 
I scowled. Stupid Hyeyoung and Jonghyun, rubbing sunblock on each other's backs. Freaking nasty.
 
"ARGH!" I screamed in frustration.
 
And stupid stupid Kikwang. I swear, that boy is the most stupid person I have ever met. Good thing he's cute or else that boy would've been the end of me.
 
Jonghyun's POV:
 
"Where's Hana? She's been gone for kind of a long time now," Kikwang frowned.
 
"I don't even see her anymore," I tried squinting to see her in the water but there was no trace of her.
 
"What if she got eaten by a shark?" Hyeyoung asked. Me and Kikwang gave her looks.
 
"Sorry," she muttered.
 
"It's okay," I laughed. Cutie.
 
"I told her not to go," Kikwang said. People were starting to leave the beach. In a short span of ten minutes, there was almost no one left.
 
"Where is everyone going?" I stopped a couple and asked them.
 
"Storm warning," the man pointed to a pole with a red flashing light.
 
"So that's what that was," Hyeyoung said in realization.
 
"Alright, thank you," I thanked them.
 
"I don't see her anywhere!" Kikwang cried in frustration.
 
"I think we should go tell someone to look for her or something," I suggested.
 
"Yeah. I'll go call someone," Hyeyoung said, dialing a number on her phone.
 
After waiting 30 minutes, no one showed up.
 
"They won't pick up," Hyeyoung said for about the 10th time.
 
"Again?!" I bellowed.
 
"I'll go look for her," Kikwang said.
 
"Why?" I asked, suddenly. Kikwang looked at me wierdly.
 
"What are you talking about? I don't think anyone's coming anytime soon and it doens't look like the storm will be coming for another 30 minutes or so. I might as well go before anything happens," he said.
 
"Right." I answered.
 
Kikwang took his shirt off and started to swim towards where Hana had disappeared.
 
I scratched my head. I'm kind of sad that Kikwang left. Not because I want him to be here...... it's just that.... Isn't it me that should go look for her? I mean, it's me that always saved her. It was always just me.
 
I frowned but shoved the thought away.
 
---
Kikwang was wrong about the storm being far away.
 
Only 10 minutes had passed and a strong wind started to rise up, shaking the palm trees and stirring up the sand.
 
"Oppa, what are we supposed to do?!" Hyeyoung screamed over the wind.
 
I couldn't open my eyes or my mouth.
 
"Let's go in for now!" I yelled.
 
Hyeyoung nodded and went into a cafe overlooking the area. There was a lot of other people from the beach staying there too while the storm was passing, so it was really busy. I hid my face under a towel and me and Hyeyoung sat in the back of the cafe so no one would recognize me.
 
I kept looking nervously out to the shore looking for any sign of Kikwang or Hana.
 
"Stop worrying!" Hyeyoung said.
 
"How?! She's my best friend!" I exclaimed.
 
Hyeyoung stayed quiet.
 
I sighed, "She's always been stupid." 
 
"Yeah, she seems like an idiot. She's making us wait here and worry," Hyeyoung scowled.
 
Hyeyoung was right. Hana was an idiot, I agree. But Hyeyoung didn't have to say it like that. I shot her a glare.
 
"Why are you so defensive of her? It's me that's your girlfriend," Hyeyoung pouted. I furrowed my eyebrows and cocked my head. Yeah, why was I so worried about her? I mean, she was my girlfriend once but it was so long ago...
 
"It's not like you still like her...... right?" Hyeyoung asked.
 
"Of course not," I retorted, changing the subject.
 
"Good. Your only mine, okay?" Hyeyoung smiled and laid her head on my shoulder.
 
I shifted uncomfortably. Something didn't feel right.