Chapter Two♥

Pinky Promise

I looked at my phone for the last time and sighed.. No missed calls or texts from Jonghyun. I felt like a desperate girl.

I boarded the plane and watched as it took off from Los Angeles, California. Korea... What would I do there? My parents just gave me an address to go to when I landed. 

-- 14 hours later --

"HANAAA!!!!!!!!" As soon as the door to the apartment opened, there was a woman hugging me with all her might. She pulled apart from the hug and I smiled recognizing the face. It was Jonghyun's mother. She gave me a motherly kiss and motioned for me to come in.

"Umma," I smiled as I set the bags down. I've always been comfortable enough to call Jonghyun's mom, Umma.

"Hana-ah.. I wanted to see you so bad for the last 2 years! You've grown into such a beautiful woman," she smiled.

I just laughed, "Beautiful? I don't think so.."

"No Hana. Ever since you were a little baby I knew you would grow into a fine young woman," Jonghyun's mom told me while frying some rice. I sat down at the island and Jonghyun's dad took my bags to my room.

"Thank you... But Umma, Is Jonghyun here?" I asked sort of awkwardly. I mean, this was his house, right? Where is he?

"Jonghyun didn't tell you?" Jonghyun's mom's eyebrows furrowed and she showed a weird expression on her face.

"Didn't tell me what?"

"That he became a singer and debuted," Jonghyun's mom replied.

Say what?!!!! I mean I was happy for him and I knew that he was a trainee but.. he debuted? Without telling me?

"Really? That's amazing!" I put on a fake smile and Jonghyun's mom relaxed a little bit.

"Yeah, he's a singer now. He'll be back in Korea after SMTOWN tomorrow so we can visit the SM building so you can see him," Jonghyun's mom said putting the rice into a bowl and putting the bowl in front of me to eat.

"Wow. We can do that?" I was... confused. I thought he would tell me. It's probably a good reason that he didn't tell me, right?

Jonghyun's mom nodded, "Of course! We're family!" She said smiling. Family? Are you sure Jonghyun even remembers me?

After I ate, I took a shower and layed down to rest in the room Jonghyun's mom and dad prepared for me. I just stared at the ceiling worried about Jonghyun. What would his expression be like? Happy? Excited? Mad? 

The next day I woke up and quickly dressed, brushed my teeth and washed up. I tried looking decent for Jonghyun but I put aside the makeup. I hate makeup. I tried on about 10 different outfits but in the end I just went with blue shorts and a white graphic t shirt. I sighed and put my hair up in a ponytail and then half up and half down and then in a bun.

"Hana-ah! Let's go!" Jonghyun's mom yelled from the front door. Oh my.. I don't look good at all. I just put my hair back down and let it flow down my shoulders. I put on my converse and grabbed a bag and followed Jonghyun's mom out of the room.

"Hana you look beautiful and so natural!" Jonghyun's mom beamed.

"Are you kidding, umma? I look terrible..." I replied as we got into the car.

"No Hana, you look beautiful. You know Jonghyun liked you right? He claims he only likes beautiful girls." Jonghyun's mom winked at me.

We talked the whole rest of the ride and reminisced about the old times together. We talked back on the times where we would always go skiing and sledding in the winter, go to the beach in the summer, and look at cherry blossoms in the spring. After about 30 minutes we finally pulled up to the SM entertainment building. It was a huge gray building but it looked impressive.

As we walked through the hallway, Jonghyun's mom left me to go talk to someone. She told me to go to the 2nd floor and find the room with the black door and silver knob. What kind of directions are those? I took the stairs to the 2nd floor and I was met with a bunch of brown doors with gold knobs. Great.

I just kept walking and tried looking in each room with the little window to see if Jonghyun was here just in case, when someone tapped on my shoulder. I nearly jumped 10 feet and screamed. The boy laughed at me. I looked up to see his face and let me tell you. He was really good looking.

"What are you doing here? Are you a fan?" the boy asked me.

"No.. I'm looking for someone. Do you know who Kim Jonghyun is?" I asked. Fan? Who is this boy?

"Oh, so you are a fan. So I'm guessing you like SHINee also?" the boy asked again.

"Sh-shiny? What's shiny?" I gave him a confused look and he just laughed again.

"It's the band Jonghyun's in. I thought you were a fan?"

"No.. Just a friend. Do you know where he is?"

"Yeah, I do. I'm Onew by the way." He extended his arm and I shook it.

"I'm Choi Hana."

"Well, Choi Hana, your on the wrong floor." Onew said.

"Wait. This isn't the 2nd floor?" Jonghyun's mom....

"It is, but Jonghyun's on the 4th floor right now."

"Oh..." Jonghyun's mother.. Just lke Jonghyun.. Always messing people up. I laughed to myself silently.

"I'll take you there, I'm going anyways." Onew said cheerfullly.

"Alright, thanks." I replied. We awkwardly rode the elevator and just listened to song playing. In the middle of the ride he bended down to tie his shoe. Awkward... We finally reached the floor and he led me to a room and opened the door. There was 4 boys there and they were all sitting down on the floor or the couch. When we entered they all stared at me. Jonghyun's mom was also there.

"Hana! I thought you got lost!" Jonghyun's mom cried.

"Yeah... I thought that too.." I said.

"Hana..." I heard a voice softly saying.

"Jonghyun?" A smlie slowly spread on my face when I saw Jonghyun. I ran over to where Jonghyun was and he stood up. I felt like crying. His hair was dyed brown and styled. He was handsome and he had matured. My heart beat looking at him.

I reached out for a hug but he just stood still. I drew my hands back and my face flushed red with embarassment. The other boys were looking at me like as if they were asking who I was.

"Ah, you guys.. you can't hug in front of me? Fine, I'll leave. Jonghyun take her home later okay? Hana I'm leaving!" Jonghyun's mom grabbed her purse and walked out the door. That woman...

"Who is this?" One of the boys asked. He was very handsome with towering height and big eyes.

"Oh sorry guys. She's Hana. We know each other from when we were younger," Jonghyun said. We knew each other from when we were younger? I mean we did but it sounded very distant.

"Oh, well hi Hana. I'm Key," one of the boys stood up and shook hands with me. One by one they introduced each other. I smiled at each one. They were all very good looking. After they introduced themselves it became quiet again then Jonghyun broke the silence.

"Hana. Why are you back? I didn't know you would come again," Jonghyun said coldly. I was lost for words. Why was he like this? 

"I-uh-well-" I tried speaking but I was tongue tied.

"Hyung.. Don't be so rude. Why are you like this?" Minho asked Jonghyun. 

"Yeah hyung..." the youngest said.

"No, it's okay. I'm sorry." I said. My heart started hurting.

"Ah. Hana. Don't cry, you know I hate it when you cry," Jonghyun said.

"No I'm not crying," I said. I was so embarassed and hurt. Jonghyun then stood up and grabbed my hand and led me outside.

"Jonghyun.." I reached to hug him again but he gently pushed my arms down. I looked up at his beautiful face, hurt.

"Don't do this to me. Don't make me fall in love with you and then just leave again." Jonghyun said without even looking at me.

"What?" I was so confused.

"I told you so much times. I kissed you... I confessed and you just leave without visiting once or calling... I was waiting for your call. I'm not going to wait for you anymore. I have a girl anyways." That hurt me so much. He had a girl...

"Jonghyun. I called you! I called you so many times and you always hung up! Don't be like this. Don't you remember anything? I haven't forgotten about you. Your still my number one! Isn't that all that matters?" I pleaded.

"No.. You don't get it. You left me."

"I couldn't help that, Jonghyun!" Tears were on the rim of my eyes waiting to fall.

"Well you could've at least kept in touch." Jonghyun's voice stayed cold.

"I tried!!!" I reached for his hand.

"Not hard enough." he moved his hand and clenched his fist.

"Jonghyun... I'm sorry," the tears finally came out, "but you promised you'd remember. And I kept my promise! I said I'd love you and I kept it! Don't you remember the good times? Don't you remember our promises? How we always said we'd debut together? Why didn't you even tell me? Don't you remember ANYTHING?!"

"NO! I DON'T! I DON'T REMEMBER ANYTHING! I HAVE NO MEMORIES EXCEPT FOR YOU LEAVING ME AFTER I CONFESSED AND NEVER TURNING BACK!" We were both screaming now..

The door then opened, "Jonghyun. Stop. We hear you," Onew tried to calm us down but I oculdn't stop the tears.

"Just go away Hana. Don't think about being my best friend or whatever. I never made a promise like that. And if I did, it doesn't matter. I have someone else. And stop crying. I hate it when you cry." Jonghyun angrily went back into the room.

I leaned against the wall and slid down just sitting there..

Jonghyun? You seriously don't remember anything? What happened to us?

FLASHBACK- [ 1/03/2008; 05:40 PM]

"Your such a nerd. Just go away. No one even likes you," the girls started pushing me around and I couldn't do anything. I was just getting home from studying in the library.

"Stop it... That's not nice..." I tried defending myself.

"Hah, look at her trying to defend herself or whatever."

"She's so gross and ugly. Look at the way she walks and dresses."

They pushed me around and made fun of me. They threw my glasses on the floor and stepped on them. I just stared at them. My parents had worked hard to get money for a doctor and glasses. I felt helpless.

"HEY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" I heard Jonghyun and he yelled at the girls and made them leave.

"Hana.. HANA!" Jonghyun walked over to me. He picked up my glasses and dusted them off. 

"Don't worry. They aren't broken." Jonghyun put the glasses on me, "get on my back. I'll take you home."

"No, it's okay Oppa." I tried getting up but my bruise prevented me from doing so.

In the end, I got on his back. He carried me through the dark nights of Seoul and I felt so safe but I started crying. I was scared.

"Don't cry Hana. You look prettier when you smile. Don't cry... It makes me sad and I don't like it," Jonghyun's voice calmed me and he sang me my favorite song calmly as he carried me.

 

 

 

 

********************************************************************************************

Thank you for comments and subscriptions and for reading!!! <3