The Beginning

Pinky Promise

"I love you, and I'll miss you," Jonghyun whispered into my hair as he hugged me.

"I'll miss you too..." I replied back. I felt the tears coming as we released and I looked at his handsome face for the last time.
 
"Hana-ah, remember to listen to your mother and father. And if you need anything make sure you call, okay?" Jonghyun's mom took my hand and handed me a piece of paper with the Kim's contact information.
 
"Don't worry I will," I said as Jonghyun's dad pat my back.
 
My mom and dad bid their final goodbyes to Jongyun's mom and dad as we were getting ready to go into security.
 
"Yah Hana. You better not replace me!" Jonghyun said to me.
 
"Hah, I bet you'll replace me first, dino. You better not forget me..." I replied sticking my tongue out.
 
"How could I forget you? No matter how far away you are you better call me and love me..." Jonghyun said more sincerely. I smiled. I loved Jonghyun so much. He was my best friend and my first love and now I was moving across the globe to California.
 
"Up until the last second, your self centered," I said jokingly.
 
"What? I want my best friend to love me.." Jonghyun replied.
 
"Don't worry. I promise to love you and call you and not forget or replace you," I held my pinky out.
 
"Me too, and you know that there's no taking back any pinky promises, right?" 
 
"Of course," I smiled as we locked pinkies. Jonghyun.. he knew how to make my heart beat up and down and the butterflies in my stomach to start fluttering.
 
"H-here," Jonghyun said taking out a piece of paper. It was hastily folded and taped together.
 
"Thanks... " I said recieving the paper.
 
"Hana, let's go now," my parents said heading for security.
 
"Okay..." I grabbed my carry on and hugged Jonghyun's parents again.I couldn't get myself to turn around to say a final goodbye to Jonghyun when he called me.
 
"Yah!!!! Choi Hana!!" His voice sounded like it was far away but when I turned around, I turned around to feel Jonghyun's soft lips on mine. My eyes widened but I didn't do anything. He slowly pulled away.
 
"Bye Hana... Don't forget me... Don't forget the promise you made! You can't take it back!!" he cooly ran back to where his mom and dad were beaming. Our parents had always approved of us being together...
 
"Bye Jonghyun..." I said loud enough for him to hear. He didn't turn but raised his hand and waved at me. I softly smiled. Jonghyun.. Why do you always do that to me? My heart skipped as I raised my hand to touch my lips.
 
I gazed outside the plane as it lifted off from the ground and left Korea. 
 
I could practically see in my mind Jonghyun in his room practicing his audition song for SM Entertainment over and over again, looking up at me every now and then from his lyric sheet to see me nod and smiling in approval.
Tears started falling and I felt pain in my heart as the clouds started to block our view of Korea becoming smaller and smaller.
I reached into my pocket and pulled out a little piece of paper. Not the one Jonghyun gave me, but one I swore that I would give him. It simply said:
 
Dear Jonghyun,
I love you. I love you as a boy.. Not a best friend.
Hana.
 
Now that I read it again, I sounded pathetic, childish and stupid.. I spent five months trying to think of how to tell it to him and another five years to try to gain the courage to actually tell him and I still don't have the courage... Why is it so hard? I then took out Jonghyun's note and started reading.
 
To Hana *^^* 
My best friend. You loser why are you leaving me?!!! T.T
You . You've helped me thru so much and now your gone. I love you, best friend. Don't forget how I always stand up for you and I always will. Okay? Be strong an-
I couldn't read more because of my tears that blurried my vision of the paper. Jonghyun... Please keep your promise. Wait for me, okay?
 
 
--2 years later--
 
"UGHHHHHHH!" I slammed my head down onto my desk and lazily looked over at the clock blinking 3:54 PM. Oh my.. I'm gonna be late to dance again... I ignored the rest of my homework waiting on my desk to be finished and sprinted out my room.
 
"Hana- ah.. Why must you always be late?" My mom asked as I ran into the car stuffing my water bottle and iPod into my Nike duffel bag. 
 
"Sorry Umma..." I got into the car and tried relaxing a little bit.
 
"Hana.. Since your doing really good on your grades and keeping up with your work like you promised, your father and I want to send you to Korea this summer. Would you like that?" My mom asked all of a sudden.
 
"SERIOUSLY? YESSSS!!!" I excitedly answered. 
 
"Your father and I want to send you this break," Mom said.
 
"Really? Just me?" I asked. I was practically jumping out of my seat. Would I be able to see Jonghyun?
 
"Yup, right after school ends.. So in about 3 weeks?" My mom smiled as I screeched in happiness. Finally... Korea.
 
After dance ended, I collapsed backwards onto my bed and took out my phone from my bag and went through my contacts to 'Kim Jonghyun'. I took a deep breath and called. 
 
"Hello?"
"Jonghyun? JONGHYUN!!!!!"
"Hana?"
"YES!"
"Listen, I can't talk."
"Wait, but."
"Stop calling me so much. Your just getting annoying."
"I just wanted to tell you that I'm go- Hello.. Hello?"
 
Jonghyun hung up. He'd done this to me so many times over the course of 2 years.. I mean, I knew he was a trainee and he was busy but he can't use 5 minutes of  his time to talk to me? I felt like crying. I think I annoyed him too much. For the first 2 months or so, we would call but the long gap between each phone call just grew and grew until we hadn't talked in a really long time. I still loved Jonghyun and thought of him as a best friend so I kept calling but I guess it was too much...
 
I reached across my bed for Jonghyun's little note I had tacked to my bulletin board. I smiled as tears dropped and stained the paper. I touched my neck and felt the necklace that had come with the note. It was two hearts on a thin delicate silver chain. The hearts were intertwined together. I remember when I wouldn't stop crying 2 years ago, when I first put on the necklace around my neck.  Jonghyun... What happened to us? Was your love only something that lasted a little while? Because I've loved you since the beginning and I'll love you till the end..
 
FLASHBACK- [ 5/12/2000; 11:39 AM]
 
"Mommy!" I tugged on my mommy's sleeve as she was setting up food on a picnic table with Jonghyun's mommy and daddy.
"Hana, go to Jonghyun. He's calling you," She pointed to where there was a little boy with black hair and big eyes stood under a single apple tree. I blushed and played with my dress. It was Jonghyun Oppa....
"Hana!" I heard Jonghyun oppa calling me and I ran up the grass hill with my pigtails bouncing up and down as my white dress fluttered in the wind.
"Jonghyun Oppa!" I hugged Jonghyun and he hugged me back with his short arms wrapping around my neck.
"Hana," Jonghyun Oppa cupped his small hands around my ear and whispered,
"Do you want to marry me?"
My eyes grew big in surprise.
"Oppa of course I'll marry you!" I hugged Jonghyun.
"Good! Hana-ah, I'll get you an apple!" Jonghyun shook the apple tree back and forth until two apples fell off. He wiped it against his shirt and gave it to me, "Here, wife!"
"Thank you, Oppa," I giggled.
"Of course, Wife!" Jonghyun Oppa took my hands and pulled me closer to him and quickly pecked my lips.
"Jonghyun!! Hana!! Come eat!" Mommy called us. Jonghyun took my hand and we ran down the grass hill.
 
***********************************************************************************************************
First chappie!!! ^^
Hope you guys enjoyed it <33 Sorry it was short
Thanks for subscribing and commenting~ i really appreciate it. sorry if it's a bit dull right now; bear with me until i can get into the story and main plot!
Thank you thank you!!!!