Chapter Seventeen

Pinky Promise

Choi Hana's POV:

"Move, Korean!" the girl walking behind me snarled. I forced out a smile and quickly moved out of the way for them, stepping into a puddle and dropping my books.

I sighed and picked them up and hurried back to my aunt's home. I was staying there until I was old enough to live by myself. As I approached the door, I saw a figure slamming on the door. It was a man that was slightly short and wearing all black. I squinted my eyes to see if I could recognize them.

The man kept trying to push the door open. I sneaked up and watched the man from the corner of the street when he turned around all of a sudden.

It was Kim Jonghyun.

"Hana...." I saw him mouth. 

Jonghyun rushed over to me and took my shoulders, "WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME?!" he screamed in my face, tears rolling down his red cheeks.

"Listen-"

"No you listen. Do you know how much I wanted to see your face? Do you know what kind of state you left me in?" Jonghyun shook me and forced me to look at him.

"I-..." I started.

"Come back Hana," Jonghyun started to plead.

"I can't..." I said.

"Why... WHY?!" Jonghyun shook me again as he started to sob.

"I left you for a reason Jonghyun," I didn't know what to say. I didn't want Jonghyun's pity and I most definitely did not want him providing for me.

"Did you ever love me or was it a lie?" Jonghyun let go and stared at me with hurt eyes.

"I loved you so much..."

"If you loved me, you shouldn't have left me!" Jonghyun drove me against the side of the house and slammed his hand on the wall.

"Stop-"

"NO!" Jonghyun kept slamming the wall angrily.

"Why do you have to break up like this with me? What did I do? I'll fix it!" Jonghyun begged.

"It's not you. It's just my choice to leave, Jonghyun. Understand me..." I tried to convince him.

"I love you too much to lea-"

"Jonghyun. Please just leave. For me..." I turned my face away not wanting to see Jonghyun's reaction, but he just gently let go of me.

"Tell me that you love me and I'll leave."

Tears started to blur my vision. No, Jonghyun don't leave. Stay with me. Hold on to me. Beg me. Do something. Anything... but don't leave.

"I love you," I croaked.

"Okay." Jonghyun said. He straightened up and simply walked away. I watched his retreating figure with tears in my eyes.

"WAIT!" I yelled. He turned around hopefully.

I wanted to tell him to come back and that we could figure things out but all I could say was, "Don't love someone like me again that'll leave whenever you finally grab her. Find someone that'll love you and will need only you. Someone that can't go a day without you..."

Jonghyun dropped his head, "What am I supposed to do if you say something like that..." he turned around and drove away in his car, gritting his teeth.

It was too late now. Even if I called his name, he wouldn't turn around. He wouldn't even hear me if I screamed that I loved him...

But I still loved him. What did I just do?

------

sorry...