Chapter Twenty Five

Pinky Promise

Jonghyun's POV:

"Wake up... Wake up, Hyung," Taemin shook me lightly.

"Uh?" I mumbled, turning around to see Taemin's eyes peering into my face.

"There's someone who wants to see you."

I frowned, "Right now?"

"Yeah, he says it's urgent," Taemin said.

I grunted and got up and dressed into a shirt and some sweats.

"Hey," I said, opening the door, yawning.

"Hi. I just have a message for you," the man at the door said.

"Mhmm," I said, half asleep.

"Hyeyoung says that she wants to break up with you."

"Hyeyoung says that she wants to break up with you," he repeated.

"Who are you?" I asked, not believing anything I heard.

"Hyeyoung's boyfriend," he replied, mockingly.

"Really...." I said, the anger piling up inside of me.

"Really." he stated, back.

"Oh." I threw a punch at him.

Hana's POV:

"Where are we going?" I asked Kikwang. He picked me up in his car after I got done with hospital work.

"I want to introduce you to my friends," he smiled.

He's too cute.

We drove to the middle of Seoul, where all of the main attractions of Korea were gathered up in one place. Lights were flashing and people were still busy even if it was the middle of the night. It was like Times Square in New York, Korea version.

We arrived at a fancy black building with a bunch of flashing lights.

"Come on," Kikwang smiled.

We got out of the car and walked up to the entrance of the door, holding hands.

"ID?" the man at the front said.

Kikwang flashed his card and the man let us in through the door.

It was a club. With a bar.

"Kikwang...." I said, grasping onto his arm, frightened.

There were people all over the place drinking, shouting, and being... crazy drunk.

Kikwang didn't notice me start to panic.

Did he forget that my parents died from alcohol? That I vowed that I'd never drink it?

Kikwang pulled me through the crowd and I tried to hold back, furiously shaking my head.

"Let's go!" I shouted, trying to pull me back, but Kikwang just smiled at me, not able to hear me over the loud music.

He sat me down at the bar and ordered something. He then told me something but I couldn't hear him, and left my side.

The barista gave me a glass of something that looked clear, like water. I looked at it disgusted. Vodka. I pushed it back to the woman and shook my head. She glanced at me, confused but took the glass back.

I didn't know what to do. I had no clue where Kikwang went and I couldn't find my way out through the thick crowd of people.

"Are you okay?" Kikwang came back, and I slightly jumped at his shouting.

"Kikwang, let's leave," I said, loud and clear so he could hear.

"Why?!" Kikwang asked.

Just then, a guy crashed into us, holding a beer, and drunkingly waving it around, "Sorry!" he slurred while his friends laughed at him rowdily.

"Kikwang, please," I begged him, pulling on his arm.

"All my friends are here and waiting for us already," Kikwang pouted.

I felt helpless and gave up.

I guess it's okay to be in a club as long as I don't drink. I mean, it's not like everyone in the club drinks.

"Fine," I nodded, gulping.

Kikwang took my hand and led me upstairs to where the private rooms overlooking the club were. His friends were sitting in the room, looking up as we came in.

"Hey!" Kikwang smiled, doing body bumps and handshakes with the boys.

"Hi, I'm Hana," I smiled.

"Hello," the boys chorused, introducing themselves one by one.

"Some of them are back-dancers and classmates from when I first came to Korea," Kikwang explained.

"Oh," I replied, nodding.

Kikwang sat down on the couch and motioned me to sit down next to him. I nervously sat down and he put his arm around me.

"So your the girl that Kikwang's been talking about for the last few years," one of Kikwang's friends teased.

Kikwang looked down a little embarrased.

I just laughed, "Years?"

"Yeah," another friend said, "he wouldn't stop talking about you."

I looked at Kikwang and he was turning red but grinning.At least his friends weren't crazy. I started feeling comfortable as the night went on and his friends and I became closer.

There was a knock on the door and a waitress came into the room carrying a huge tray of different kinds of alcohol. She set it on the table and the boys eyed it, smirking and smiling.

"This is for the couple," Kikwang's friend winked. He handed us two shots of alcohol. Really really strong alcohol. I grimaced, smelling the concoction.

"I don't drink," I pushed the glass away.

"Awwww, your no fun!" the friends whined, "Come on, just one shot!"

"ONE SHOT! ONE SHOT! ONE SHOT!" they started to chant.

"I don't drink!" I urged, looking at Kikwang for help.

"I guess we gotta drink," he shrugged. He pushed the glass back towards me.

"Are you stupid?!" I shouted. I stood up.

The boys stopped chanting and Kikwang looked at me.

"Hana.... Are you okay?" he asked cautiously.

"I told you that I don't drink, why do you insist on it?" I screamed at Kikwang.

It was an awkward silence in the room and the loud booming of the club music shook our bodies.

"I don't get what-"

I grabbed my bag and huffed out of the room.

Okay, maybe I was over-reacting. But how could Kikwang not remember the single most depressing event in my life? He should know that I have a scar from that event somewhere still in my heart. And I guess it's okay if he forgot but if I don't want to drink, shouldn't he be considerate enough to refuse the alcohol and defend me?

"Hana, WHAT'S WRONG?!" Kikwang stopped me in the middle of the stairs and pulled my hand, making me turn towards him.

I gritted my teeth and didn't reply.

"Are you mad because we're trying to have fun? It's your fault you can't drink!"

Suddenly, I felt someone take my other hand and pull me away from Kikwang.

"Don't you remember that her parents died because of alcohol?"

I recognized it as Jonghyun's voice. I looked up, startled but not surprised. He always had good timing.

Kikwang's face softened and his mouth opened in realization, "I..... I really forgot-"

"Come on," Jonghyun pulled me away from a panicked Kikwang.

"Hana wait!!" Kikwang shouted, running towards me, trying to get through the people. Jonghyun swiftly walked me through everyone and brought me into his car, driving away from the noisy club.

"I'll take you home," he said.

"No," I shook my head.

Jonghyun understood what I meant. He was my beset friend after all. Ex-Boyfriend or not.

"I'll take you somewhere," he said.

I nodded.

We drove towards the outskirts of Seoul and I started to recognize familiar buildings. We passed by SM Entertainment and the cafe, Jonghyun's apartment and.....

Flashback:

 

"Well, we got to Checkpoint 1." Jonghyun pointed to a map.

"There's 10 Checkpoints...." I blankly stated.

"Yeah. So we should get a move on." Jonghyun said, trying to make himself sound cheerful.

Me and Jonghyun walked for another 30 minutes and I was dying as I robotically moved my legs. I looked over at Jonghyun and he was sweating too. I looked up at the sun and it was shining down brightly, slowly killing me. I didn't even have the power to curse it.

"Jonghyun," I panted wiping the sweat off of my forehead.

"What?" Jonghyun gritted his teeth as we kept walking up the hill.

"How. Much. Longer." I asked. I didn't even have the power to phrase the sentence so it actually sounded like a question.

"Top of the hill. Then we're finallly there." Jonghyun swallowed his spit as a replacement for water. 6 Checkpoints ago, I told him that we should buy water but he said that it would be much cheaper at the next grocery store.... There wasn't another grocery store.

"Finally there? Does that mean that we'll actually see the cherry blossoms today or is it another checkpoint?" I panted.

"We can see the cherry blossoms," Jonghyun said.

"I can do it!" I yelled. I did a "fighting" to myself and took a deep breath. I got all of the strength that I had left inside of me and sprinted up the hill.

"WAIT!" I heard Jonghyun call.

30 seconds later, we were both on the top of the hill, trying to catch our breath. On the other side of the hill, were beautiful pink cherry blossoms.

~
Jonghyun parked at the top of a hill. On the other side were beautiful unchanging pink cherry blossoms.
 
I just smiled and sat down next to the car facing the blossoms. Jonghyun sat down next to me.
 
"Still so beautiful, aren't they?" he asked.
 
"Mhmmm," I nodded and hugged my knees.
 
"I'm sorry I urged you and Kikwang together. I shouldn't have done it," Jonghyun said, regretfully.
 
"No, I mean, It's not like we're over. And he just forgot, that's all," I said, laying my head on my knees.
 
"I told him to take care of you," Jonghyun sighed.
 
I turned my head to look at him," You did?"
 
Jonghyun nodded. A slight breeze shook the cherry blossoms and they came prancing over to us, making it snow with cherry blossoms. I reached out my hand and caught a few.
 
"One thousand cherry blossoms," Jonghyun said all of a sudden.
 
"What?"
 
"You thought it might be good luck, remember?" Jonghyun chuckled.
 
"Yeah. But I don't really believe in good luck anymore," I frowned.
 
"Our Hana grew up," Jonghyun teased me, taking a cherry blossom petal out of my hair.
 
"Well of course. It's been 7 years......."
 
There was a silence.
 
"You really live up to your impecible timing," I laughed, "What were you doing in the club anyway?"
 
"I wanted to drink. Apparently Hyeyoung's been cheating on me," Jonghyun's voice started to falter.
 
Crazy girl. Why would she cheat on a perfect boy like Jonghyun? Wait, scratch that.
 
HOW could she cheat on a perfect boy like Jonghyun? She doesn't know what she has.
 
"But I still love her," Jonghyun continued.
 
I couldn't help but show my dissapointment. He still loves her. Even if she cheated on him.
 
"Have you talked to her about this?" I asked.
 
"No. I want to see if she'll tell me first and then confront her. It could've all been a mistake,"Jonghyun said hopefully.
 
"Of course. I mean, there's always misunderstandings," I assured.
 
I couldn't say anything else and left it at that.
 
"I missed you and your crap advice," Jonghyun laid his head on my shoulder.
 
"That'. Wasn't nice," I frowned.
 
"Well, I can say that because your my best friend," Jonghyun stuck his tongue out at me.
 
Best friend. Only a best friend.
 
I swept some of the cherry blossoms laying on the floor into my hand and blew them so the wind carried them away.
 
At least I"m a best friend.... If I can't be his girlfriend, I'll do everything to be the best friend he's ever had and be there for him all the time. Whether it hurts me or not.
 
 
 
 
~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~
 
Each day and each week is getting busier and busier! It's crazy~ it's getting soooo hard to update but i"m constantly thinking about what to put into my next update. I hope I don't dissapoint~
 
hope you guys have a wonderful blessed week <3