Chapter Eleven♥

Pinky Promise

"For what?"

"For staying.... for being close to me and being there whenever I need you and saying nothing bad when I hug you like this," Jonghyun said. I smiled and just hugged him tighter.

"Seriously, I can't live without you. Even though I might not act like it," he stopped hugging me and we kept walking.

"Don't say that. You went two years without me.. Don't rely on others too much," I told him.

In my head, I just sighed. Math, science? I can do it perfectly fine... but when it comes to love, there's just something about it that I can't understand. When Jonghyun hugs me and talks to me the way he does, it buries me deeper and deeper into confusion. I don't know if he loves me as a friend or more...

"Barely. I got through thinking that you were somewhere else on the other side of the Earth," Jonghyun laughed. And there he goes again with the confusing words. All of a sudden, he changed and became so sweet and so kind and so... lovable.

"What am I to you?" I asked him, all of my thoughts poured out into 5 words.

Jonghyun hesitated, "You.... Your like my sister. My best friend."

"Okay," I said simply. That was upsetting. But again, why would he ever think of me as more? Stinking dino was shaking my heart and then teeling me that I was like his sister.

As we got the the end of the cherry blossom lined path, there were cute little shops and cafes.

"Hana come here!" Jonghyun hollered. I looked his way and went to where he was standing in front of a man drawing on a canvas.

"Let's do this!" Jonghyun exclaimed, pointing to the man drawing pictures.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Caricatures!" Jonghyun excitedly answered. He pulled me to sit down next to him on the stool and asked the man to draw us. We had to sit still and Jonghyun kept pinching my thigh. I gave him dirty looks but he just smiled cheekily and started to poke me.

"Done," the man said. He gave us two pictures. I thanked the man, quickly payed him and ran off with the pictures before Jonghyun could get a hold of them. I looked at the first picture.

It was a pretty good drawing. It looked sort of like a picture but less realistic. There was beautiful cherry blossoms in the background. I then looked at the second picture.

"HAHAHAHAAHHHAHAH!" I burst into laughter.

"What is it?" Jonghyun huffed when he caught up to me. He snatched the picture out of my hand, "WHAT IS THIS?!" Jonghyun pouted whlie looking at the picture.

To put the picture into a couple of words, the man drawing the picture drew me normally, but Jonghyun as a dinosaur poking me annoyingly with his claws.

"This is amazing," I declared in between my laughter fits.

"You can have this one," Jonghyun shoved the dinosaur picture to me.

"I will gladly take it," I said, taking it and looking at it again.

"Young couple? Would you like to get your fortune looked at?" a woman with a robe on asked, stepping out of a tent.

Young couple? I looked over at Jonghyun.

He just shrugged, "Sure."

The woman led me and Jonghyun into her little tent and sat us down.

"So what brings you here?" the woman asked.

"We just wanted to see cherry blssoms," Jonghyun grinned.

The woman nodded and told us to pick some cards. We both did and she looked at the cards.

"Hmmm....It seems as if you two are destined," the woman looked up from her cards. She grabbed both of our hands and looked at the palms and then nodded, "Yes, it's fate."

Jonghyun looked over and grinned at me but I pretended like I didn't see him and kept looking at the cards and stuff. Why did he look over and smile? WHY?! It was so frustrating. He told me that he I was a sister, but he took me here and smiled when the woman said we were fated..

"But," the woman suddenly frowned, "Something will seperate you. It has seperated you two before and the love you two share will hurt like no other. After the heartbreak, it's a little hazy what will happen for the rest of your lives," the woman let go of our hands.

"The love we share?" I asked slowly.

"Yes. You two share a deep love. Almost as if you were fated ever since you were born... but be careful of the future and take catious steps towards love," the woman warned. We thanked her and walked out of the tent.

"That was weird," Jonghyun said, his eyebrows furrowed as we walked into a cute little sandwich shop.

"Yeah, it was," I agreed.

"I guess we're fated," Jonghyun grinned.

"I guess so..."

"Why, you don't want to be fated with Kim Jonghyun?" Jonghyun asked, insulted.

I jokingly scoffed and pushed him.

"So, my fated girl, what do you want to eat?" Jonghyun smiled as we looked at the menu.

"My fated girl?"

"Mhm. We're fated," Jonghyun winked.

"You are getting more concieted by the second," I rolled my eyes. "I want a..... that," I pointed to something that looked yummy on the menu board. There wasn't much people here in the shop so I felt like I could freely talk to Jonghyun.

Jonghyun ordered his food and my food and we chose a table by the window.

"So Jonghyun... how are we getting home? Are we walking again?" I said sarcastically.

"Why yes we are," Jonghyun answered.

"....Really?"

"We'll get a lot of exercise," Jonghyun said as he started to eat his salad.

"Jonghyun?"

"Yeah?"

"It's raining," I said, pointing outside. The sidewalk was darkening in color because of the rain drops hitting it and clouds filled the sky.

"Well we won't be thirsty!" Jonghyun smiled cutely.

"Oh my God," was all I could say.

"Eat a lot, Hana. I don't want you whining because your hungry when we walk up that hill," Jonghyun picked up the sandwich and stuffed it in my mouth. I gave him a death glare but chewed my sandwich.

"You eat too," I grabbed some salad with his fork and shoved it in his mouth.

"YAH!" Jonghyun yelled with the salad in his mouth.

"You'll need your energy to climb up that hill, my fated boy," I teased.

"But I'm full," Jonghyun whined and pushed his salad away from him.

"Your kidding," I said looking at the almost untouched salad.

"You know that I don't eat much," Jonghyun said.

"Well you have to eat more that this!" I exclaimed, "Eat or you won't grow any taller."

"Oh shut up," Jonghyun said, picking up his fork. I smiled at his cuteness.

After eating dinner, it was already dark outside and still sticky and humid. The only thing that had changed was that it wasn't raining anymore. It was a shower- wait more of a monsoon/ hurricane...

"Are you serious?" I asked Jonghyun looking out into the pitch black night, the sky streaked with water pelting down from the sky.

"I'm sorry," Jonghyun away ashamed.

I sighed, "I guess it's okay. I mean, you payed for my food and stuff.."

"Yeah, and I have an umbrella," Jonghyun dug into his bag and got out a small umbrella. By small umbrella, I mean a children's sized hello kitty umbrella. I eyed it but didn't say anything except for button up my cardigan.

"Let's go!" Jonghyun said, opening up the umbrella and linking arms with me.

"Ready?" he asked. I nodded uncertainly. We both emerged into the rain, shielded by that small hello kitty umbrella.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhnggggg," I started to whine as struggled up the hill. It was the same beautiful cherry blossom lined path but it looked so different in the rain and dark. My legs and face were being pelted with hot rain. It felt like acid on my skin.

"WAIT I HAVE A JACKET!" Jonghyun screamed over the roar of the shower. We stopped for a while and while I shielded us with the umbrella, he reached into his bag and got a jacket out. He put it over my shoulders.

"You only have a thin shirt on! You put it on!" I hollered over the downpour. He just shook his head, grabbed the umbrella out of my hands and kept going.

By Checkpoint 9, we looked like we went into a swimming pool and walked right out.

At Checkpoint 6, I gave the jacket to Jonghyun but I still felt like I had 10 more pounds on me because of the wet clothing weighing me down.

On Checkpoint 3, the umbrella broke.

"HOW MUCH MORE?" I screamed.

"2 MORE CHECKPOINTS!" Jonghyun yelled. There were no cars on the street. I wasn't surprised. Anyone with common sense would be inside their home drinking coffee and sitting by the fireplace. I'm so stupid! No wonder there was barely any people when we went to eat at the sandwich shop.

"I HAVE TO REST!" I said over the roar. Jonghyun nodded. He grabbed my hand and pulled me over to a playground on the way to our second to last checkpoint. It was a little playground with swings and slides. I quickly climed the ladder and sat in the castle with Jonghyun, panting.

"That was... kind of terrible," I said, truthfully.

"I know.." Jonghyun said, huddling up with me for comfort.

"I'm so freaking tired," I complained. Jonghyun put my head on his shoulder. I didn't protest and just lay there. Even though there was chaos going around us, I felt like we were captured in our own time machine.

"Hana, I'm kind of scared," Jonghyun said.

"Why?" I got my head off of his shoulder and looked at him.

"I'm scared of Sekyung, of the public, of fans, of.. everything," Jonghyun admitted.

"Are you scared that they'll eat you alive?" I asked.

"Yeah...."

"Why are you worrying about that? Your Kim Jonghyun! And, why would you be afraid of Sekyung? She's only another girl.. Fans will be happy if you guys break up- don't take that the wrong way- and you have me," I nudged him, smiling.

"Of course, I have you," he smiled, "but I'm just worried that everything will go downhill." 

Downhill? Hah, that's funny. I've gone up way too many hills today that I can't take the word "downhil"' seriously.

"It won't. Trust me... What's the sin of loving someone?" I asked.

"When your an idol, it's a huge sin," he answered.

"No, no, no, it's not. Your a person too and I'm pretty sure that your fans understand that," I assured him.

"Really?"

"Yes. Trust me."

"Of course, there's no one like you," Jonghyun said. He took my head in between his two hands and kissed my forehead. I was so shocked that I couldn't do anything. His soft lips grazed my still-wet-from-rain forehead and then he let go.

"Done resting?" he calmly asked like nothing happened.

"Yeah," I managed to get out of my petrified voicebox.

"How much more do we have to go?" I asked, my voice croaking from the kiss that Jonghyun took very lightly.

"We just have that hill up there and we're home," Jonghyun pointed to the hill. On the top of the hill was Jonghyun's apartment complex. Why was everything on a freaking hill?

"I'M SPRINTING UP!" Jonghyun said. I nodded and agreed with him. Jonghyun started sprinting up the hill. I braced myself and darted into the downpour after him, but it didn't work out so well.

I felt the water underneath my soles glide as I slipped on the concrete. My head hit the sidewalk and I couldn't get up. I just lay there for a second. One, because it felt good to finally rest. Two, because I couldn't move my legs or any other part of my body. I saw Jonghyun's retreating figure but I couldn't call out.

"J-on-ghy-u-n," I croaked but he didn't turn back. Stupid deaf dinosaur. I closed my eyes.

~~~

My eyes fluttered opened. I looked around. I was laying on Jonghyun's couch and Jonghyun and his parents were surrounding me.

"Ha-ha-ha," I laughed. They all looked at me like I was crazy.

"Are you okay? Did that fall do something to you?" Jonghyun's mom asked, concerned about my mental health.

"We actually made it," I smiled at Jonghyun.

He raised an eyebrow, "Actually, I carried you up here."

"You.. carried.. me?" I asked.

"Yeah, so I made it but you didn't. You were about 100 yards short. Plus the elevator," Jonghyun chuckled.

"Are you okay, Hana?" Jonghyun's mom asked me with worry stricken on her face. I nodded and put on a smile.

"I feel... refreshed," I said. I looked down and saw my wet clothes. No wonder...

"How long was I out?" I asked.

"Well, after I got you up here, only about 30 seconds," Jonghyun replied.

"Ohh..." I said, looking at Jonghyun. He was still wet, just like me. His backpack was in the corner and didn't look like much of a backpack anymore and the tattered hello kitty umbrella was sitting next to it.

"Remind me to get you a new umbrella," I laughed.

Jonghyun and his parents left me so I could shower and change clothes. Once I did all that, I went into the living room to see Jonghyun in an apron.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Making ramen.. I'm hungry," Jonghyun said, putting in the noodles, "I'm making you some too."

"Really?" I sat down at the island table and watched him cook, "You can cook now?"

"Uh-huh," he replied as he took the pot off of the stove and poured the ramen into two bowls. He gave one to me and set one down and sat in front of it. As soon as his touched the seat, he grabbed his chopsticks and stuffed it into his mouth.

"I told you to eat your salad! It was such a waste throwing it away," I nagged.

"Oh well," Jonghyun said, gulping down his noodles, "Eat!" he told me.

I grabbed the chopsticks and started to dig in but the noodles were too overcooked and he put too much water so it had more of a water taste. He put in some pepper to make it taste better but it was just spicy.

"Is it good?" he asked, his eyes big in expectation.

"Jjong... where did you learn how to make this?" I asked.

"Key taught me but I think I did it a little wrong. Does it taste alright?" he pressed.

"Jonghyun, how much water did you put in and how long did you boil the noodles for?"

"Enough to fill the pot and for about 15 minutes?"

"And you put in pepper?"

"Yup!"

"Oh my God, Jonghyun. Remind me to teach you how to make this stuff. Okay?" I set down my chopsticks.

"Fine," Jonghyun grunted, "I tried to make you happy by making you ramen and bringing you to see cherry blossoms but I failed in both of those.."

"Don't say that, I had fun, except for trip there and back... And also, the ramen isn't that bad," I grabbed my chopsticks and stuffed the horrid noodles into my mouth and grinned, making a thumbs up sign.

"Liar." Jonghyun accused.

"No, I'm serious! It was fun!" I exclaimed.

"Okay," Jonghyun smiled, clearing the plates.

He then dismissed himself to go to sleep. I was tired too, so I retreated into my room. My body was sore and I bet that it'd be aching all over when I woke up.

In the middle of the night, I felt something press up next to me.

"JONGHYUN!" I screamed, yet whispered when I saw him next to me. He just put his hand over my mouth and lay me back down.

"I feel lonely," Jonghyun said, holding me tight. I felt his wet tears dropping.

"Okay...." I managed to get out.

He must've been really worried about Sekyung and his image as an idol. I studied his beautiful tear streaked face.

Jonghyun's upper body was slowly moving up and down from his breathing and his hair gently framed his eyes. I smiled and buried my head into his chest.

He smelled like freshly washed linen.

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------

chapter 11 is up. i'm doing a good job on updating more often, yeah? ^___^

enjoy enjoy and thank you guys!!!!!!!!! <33333