Chapter Eighteen

Pinky Promise

7 Years Later.

Kim Jonghyun's POV:

"SHINee! Congratulations!"

Confetti cascaded down from the ceiling as the fans screamed and cheered us on. I shot a wink at one fan and everyone near her general area started to scream even louder and freak out. I smirked. I'm forever handsome.

The MCs handed us the award and Onew said the congratulatory speech and then handed the mic to me, "Thank you, SHAWOLS who always support us! And of course, our family and friends, manager hyungs and everyone who cheers us on."

I was now used to winning first. It was our 10th consecutive week winning first.

We did the encore stage and then trotted off stage.

"We won again," Key boasted.

"Of course we did," I confirmed. Taemin just smiled and hugged the trophy close to him.

"Jonghyun, there's someone that wants to see you," one of our managers said.

"Who?" I asked.

"She says her name is Hyeyoung."

"Oh let her in," I told hyung. He opened the door and a female with short  walked in. Jung Haeyoung. My girlfriend. But no one knew except for SHINee.

She came in and waved.

"Why are you here?" I whispered.

"I wanted to see you," she smiled with her eye smile. My girlfriend's so cute.

"Okay, I'll meet you after this though. I don't want manager hyungs to figure out," I pushed her gently towards the door and she left.

"Let's go out to eat at the steakhouse tonight!" Taemin exclaimed.

"Yeah, we won today, so we deserve it," Key boasted.

"Well I'm going out with Hyeyoung," I declared, putting on a hoodie, sunglasses and a hat.

"But hyung-" Minho started.

"Have fun guys, I'll be home later. Save me some good steak!" I grabbed my bags and headed out the door.

"Hyeyoung!" I hollered and looked around for her.

I saw her standing in a corner, playing with games on her iPod. She looked up at me and smiled.

"Sorry I had to kick you out," I said, hugging her.

"It's okay," she answered sweetly.

"Come on, let's go to our waterfall," I smiled, leading her out the door and heading to the car.

Hana's POV:

"KWANG!' I screamed and leapt into Kikwang's strong arms as he twirled me.

"Hana, you look great!" Kikwang exclaimed.

"I missed you!" I whined, "I wish you'd visit America sometime."

"I know, but my schedule's keeping me busy," Kikwang pouted.

"Ah, ever since you became an idol," I shook my head jokingly.

"It was my dream," Kikwang said, taking my bags.

We went out of the airport and headed to Kikwang's car. A rush of fresh Korean air circulated through my lungs. I looked around and took in the sight of huge skyscrapers and bright lights of Korea that brought back the haunting memories of 7 years ago. I hadn't gone a day without wondering how Jonghyun was, what he was doing, and regretting what I said and what I did that one day I cut off all connection from him. I told myself that I wouldn't make a situation where I would have to confront him, but I'm in Korea. Ironic, right?

So why am I in Korea? For medical school. My professor promised me that if I went to Seoul and worked at one of the hospitals during the summer, I would be able to graduate faster.

"Thanks so much, Kikwang," I said as he took my bags out of the trunk.

"No problem," he grinned, "I'm seeing you soon?"

"Yeah," I waved as I dragged my bags into the revolving doors of the hotel.

I checked in to the hotel and went into my room. I washed up and lay on my bed but I couldn't get myself to sleep. It was only 10:30 anyway. I grunted and changed into some jeans and a big t-shirt and headed out the door. Where was I going? Me and Jonghyun's waterfall. I didn't really know why I was going. My body sort of moved on its own without command.

I took a bus to the nearest place near the waterfall and walked all the way through the tangle of leaves and forest and arrived at the waterfall. It was still as beautiful as ever.  Even in the dark, I could make out the cascading waterfall and clear blue lake.

I walked around the lake and sat on a rock close to where the waterfall was surging down. I hugged my knees, drew my hand and let the water gently run through my fingers.

In seven years, nothing changed here. The water was still a beautiful shade of turqouise, the rocks were still in the same formation and all the trees were in place. Meanwhile, in the outside world, nothing was the same.

"Jonghyun!" I heard a girl squeal.

Oh. My. God. No.

I saw two figures that were holding hands come from the shadows of the trees.

It was Jonghyun. As in Kim Jonghyun.

I slapped my mouth over my hand to keep myself from saying anything and lay flat on the rock trying to blend myself in. Stupid? Yes.

"You know... your the only one who knows about this place," I heard Jonghyun say. I didn't know if I should be mad or laugh or... cry.

"I know, it's cause I'm forever yours, right?" the girl said.

Jonghyun nodded and brushed the girl's hair out of her face.

Then, they kissed. In front of me. But, of course they didn't know that. Tears were unconciouslly falling down my eyes furiously but I couldn't sob or make any noise. What would I do if he found me here?

My heavy tears were staining the rocks with wet marks as he showed how the girl how much he loved her. What didn't even occur to me was why I was crying. I was the idiot that let go of him and told him to love somebody else.

They wandered towards where I was hiding and Jonghyun held her hand and led her up the rocks. I ordered myself to stop crying and tried to formulate a plan to run away but I couldn't think of anything. Apparently my brain only worked at school.

I quietly tried to sneak away but there was no way. There were rocks surrounding me on my left and on my right there was Jonghyun and that girl who was coming closer.

I looked straight and saw water. Nothing but that small lake.

I gulped. I took a deep breath, let out my last sniffle and quietly slipped into the water. Nowhere but forward, right?

Kikwang's POV:

"Hana's back?!" Hyunseung asked, eyes widened.

"Yeah," I smiled.

"Well... where is she?" Junhyung asked.

"Hotel. She's not permanantly staying," I answered.

"When are you going to finally confess?" Doojoon sniggered.

"Shut up," my cheeks started to turn red.

"It's been what... 5 years? You waited 5 years to say three words?" Yoseob asked.

"Three words?" I was confused.

"I.Love.You," Yoseob answered.

"Oh. Those three words..." I said quietly.

"I'm pretty sure she'll accept. You've been friends for like 10 years now. Someone who can deal with you that long definitely loves you," Dongwoon said.

"Thanks... I think."

"Are you going to see her soon?" Junhyung asked.

"Yeah, she's going to be helping out at the hospital that we're supposed to go to tomorrow," I said.

"She's going to be there?!" Hyunseung exclaimed.

"She's going to be a doctor, remember?"

"Well you better catch her before someone from SHINee or some other band catches her," Doojoon winked.

"She doesn't care for famous people," I said. I went back into my room and played with the necklace that I was planning to give her. She would say yes, right?

---------------

Hello hello (:

THank you so much for your comments! <3 :D they make me so happy!

hope you enjoy, although this story is going through some angst... hahaha