Chapter Twenty Two

Pinky Promise

After another day of hospital volunteering, I headed over to Music Core. Today was the day B2ST came back with their new digital single and I had promised Kikwang that I would be there to support.

I walked over to where the sign "BEAST" was taped onto a door.

"Knock, knock," I chirped and opened the door.

"HANA!" everyone chorused and rushed towards me.

"Hey!" I smiled.

"You came to support us?" Kikwang asked.

"You made me, Kwang," I laughed.

"Oh yeah," he chuckled.

"I brought food!" I held up the plastic bags I was holding in the air.

"FOOD!" Doojoon exclaimed, snatching them out of my hands and setting out the containers of food on the table. The other boys crowded around him and hungrily eyed everything.

"When's the last time you ate?" I laughed at the 6 boys fighting over the food with their chopsticks.

"Like 30 minutes ago," Dongwoon answered with food pouring out of his mouth.

I shook my head. These boys never changed. They ate like animals, stealing food from each other and shoving all the food in their mouths before someone else could eat it.

"Hey guys, go and say hi to the other sunbaes!" Beast's manager interruped.

"Right now?" Junhyung mumbled, looking at the food sadly.

"Yes, right now," the manager scolded.

"We'll be back so don't eat anything," Doojoon pointed his finger at me.

I put my hands up in defense jokingly, "I won't."

The boys left with a bag of albums to present to the other artists while I sat there waiting for them to come back. After a little while, I got bored. The boys still weren't back and I was sitting down studying the different textures of the walls.

"Might as well do something," I sighed and stood up from the couch. I grabbed my bag and headed out the door.

I looked around. All the managers and producers were running around hecticly talking on headsets and preparing their artists. I smiled. I remembered that one summer when I got into SM Entertainment randomly. I thought about the short dorm life and hardships of training even if I had only "trained" for 1 week or so. The rookie artists worrying about their first broadcast made me think... That could've been me.

I wandered around the broadcasting station for a little while and then went outside. I wanted fresh air.

"Hyeyoung," I heard someone breath as soon as I got outside.

I stopped in my tracks and was faced with a couple kissing.

Scratch that.

They were each other's faces off.

Ew?

I coughed.

The couple abruptly broke from their kiss and I saw their faces. It was Jonghyun. I would recognize that dino face anywhere. Why did he keep popping up in my life?

"Did you hear something?" the girl, Hyeyoung, I'm guessing, asked.

I bit my tongue and tried to escape somehow but when I tried to open the door again, it creeked. I grimaced.

"Who's there?" Jonghyun asked, frowning.

I took a breath, braced myself and stepped out of the shadows.

Jonghyun gasped, "Hana?"

Oh God I'm going to throw up. I didn't say anything and glanced at his girlfriend who looked down and tried to cover her face. She probably thought that I was a crazy fangirl that wanted to ruin his reputation.

"Is it really you? How long has it been?" he asked. Was Jonghyun... smiling? He approached me and I stepped back cautiously.

"Is there something wrong?" he asked. Is he crazy?

I shook my head furiously and tried to say something, anything; but my voice totally disappeared.

"This is my girlfriend," he pointed to the girl.

I already know that.

I gave her a small smile and slight nod. The girl bowed back.

"Her name's Hyeyoung. Hyeyoung this is Hana. My childhood friend," Jonghyun introduced us to each other.

Wait; what the hell is happening right now?

"Hello," she smiled and held her hand out. I dumbly stared at it. Hyeyoung peered over at Jonghyun and gave him a confused look then drew her hand back awkwardly.

There was a silence for about 10 seconds when a voice interrupted.

"HANA I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR YOU EVERYWHERE!" I recognized that it was Kikwang.

"Oh, Hello Sunbaenim," Kikwang immediately bowed when he saw Jonghyun.

"Hey," Jonghyun smiled, "Good luck on your comeback stage today."

Did this not impact Jonghyun at all? I looked at him in disgust. Isn't he supposed to hate me? Or react to me some other way except for welcoming back into his life like nothing happened?

"Thank you," Kikwang bowed again.

"Hey, Hana, come on, we're coming on soon," he turned to me.

I nodded and let Kikwang pull me away, still stunned, a billion questions running through my head.

"Wait, Hana, call me sometime, I want to hang out or something," Jonghyun smiled and held out a card with his contact information on it. He had a business card? For what?

I ignored his card and just turned around and followed Kikwang without looking back.

Jonghyun's POV:

Did I do something wrong? I just greeted her and she looked at me like I was crazy. I can't believe I actually saw her again. I mean, I saw her at the "Save the Children" convention but I didn't know that I'd talk to her; But now that I do, it feels good. I'm convinced that I don't like her anymore.

"She wouldn't spread rumors about you and me right?" Hyeyoung asked, worried.

"No, she's not that kind of person," I reassured. Me and Hyeyoung went back into the broadcasting station and trailed behind Kikwang and Hana unconciously. I studied Hana's back figure.

Even if I loved her or not; she was still beautiful.

 

~~~~~*~~~~~~*~~~~~~*~~~~~~*~~~~~~*~~~~~~

your guys' comments make me cry!

thank you so so much for reading this fanfic for 22 chapters so far and commenting and subscribing.

it means a lot! i hope that you'll enjoy the chapters to come! <333

you all made my week <3 and i'm just super sorry that i'm a y writer and i don't update as much as i should. i'll really try my hardest to update whenever i can~

have an awesome week whether it's at school or home or work!


<3 한나