Chapter 1

SHINee's NEW member (UPDATED AFTER 2 YEARS + ANOTHER GIVEAWAY)

Ji Hyun's POV

Annyeong Haseo! My name is Baek Ji Hyun, a fifteen year old full blooded Korean. Though, I live here in the states. I speak fluent Hangul and English. I do know Japanese and Chinese, but only the basic words It's only because we have the subject in our school. 

 

I was recently accepted as a trainee for SM Entertainment through an open audition. Out of thousands I was the only picked.I have been personally trained by one of SM Entertainment's top trainers. They said I really had potential. Well, I didn't know that my VOICE had potential, but I knew that I was a very good dancer.

 

Tomorrow, I'll traveling to Korea so I could train with my members. Funny though, I have never been to Korea. Even though I'm korean, I have never been to my country. I was born and raised here in America. But I can speak, read and write korean. My mom and dad said they didn't want me to be distant from my roots. Whatever that means.

 

Anyways, they said in a few more moths I will debut. I'll be sixteen by then I guess. My parents never had a problem of me debuting. Basically because, they are also performers. My mom was once a singer, and my dad was guitarist in a band. But they were pretty emotional about me leaving. I'm there only child you see. And since I was born, my mom and dad took care of me very well. 

 

They said I'll be a maknae of a group. Meaning I'm the youngest, also the dancing machine in that group. We were called Girls' Generation. I hope they treat me well. I've never been friends with a Korean before, except for my family members. I sigh as I sat down in the airplane. My dream is finally coming true. "Ji Hyun~ah... Don't worry. You're very talented. you don't have to be nervous." I smiled at my trainer the nodded. "Thanks, unnie." I plugged in my earphones into my walkman and listened to some of my sunbae's songs. They're called TVXQ and I really like their songs. My earphones was continuously playing as I dozed off into a deep slumber.

 

===========

 

"Oppa!!!" I ran to my cousin and he welcomed me by giving me a big hug. "I missed you Ji Hyun... how long has it been 4? 5 years?" I giggled at my cousin. "Only 5 years oppa." He nodded then helped me with my luggage. This is my older cousin. Baek Jinyoung. He's 24 years old. He used to live in Korea and we were very close. But then 5 years ago, he had to move to Korea to continue run the company of my uncle who recently died. At a very young age of 20 he was already a president of a company. I'll be staying with him until I move into a dorm with my members.

 

"So, Ji Hyun. See you in SM Entertainment by 2 pm, so we could discuss about your debut plans." My trainer gave me a piece of paper that had the Entertainment's address written on it. I waved goodbye to my trainer then ran to my oppa's car.

 

We chatted a bit, until he opened the topic about my debut. "So Ji Hyun.... How were you picked again?" I explained on how thousands applied and I was the only one picked. I also told him that they were pretty surpriesed that I was only 15 (A/N: I'm using korean age so which means in America she was only 14 which made the judges even more surprised). Oppa was pretty quiet but I can tell he was pretty damn surprised.

 

We arrived in his house and then he helped me with my luggage. The maids open the doors then they took my luggage upstairs. "Ji Hyun~ah... Just follow the maids, they'll lead you to your room. I'll just make a quick call." I nodded then followed the maids. We went up the stairs and then turned right. Oppa's house was HUGE. And I thought we were rich. Well, what do I expect from a company owner. "Here's your room miss." I bowed at the maid then thanked her. I should really get used to bowing, getting things with both hands, and other korean traditions. 

 

I entered the room, and to my surprise it was light violet. MY FAVORITE COLOR, VIOLET. I looked at the left side and there was this huge bed. an a small room for the retroom. I looked over to the right and smiled at the sight of such a cute study area. Too bad i won't be staying here for that long, I might as well unpack a few clothes because.... who knows? Maybe tomorrow, I'll be in a dorm already.

violet-room.jpg Left Side

modern-white-and-purple-bedroom-interior Right Side

 

I opened my luggage then carefully arranged my clothes. Everything is violet. I LOVE IT! Then i looked over to the sofa that was beside my closet it had a uniform lying down on it. It must be my new school's unifrom. Oh! It's almost two! I quickly changed into new clothes. I wered skinnies and then a simple white shirt. I wore a black cardigan then brushed my long hair. I fixed my side bangs, then looked at my reflexion. "Perfect." I mumbled to myself then hurried downstairs to my oppa. We hurried, then drove off to the road following the directions my trainer gave me. I'm going to debut. Relax. *sigh*