Chapter 2

SHINee's NEW member (UPDATED AFTER 2 YEARS + ANOTHER GIVEAWAY)

Ji Hyun's POV

We stopped in front of this huge building. "Oppa. I think this is it. This is SM Entertainment." The two of us were looking at the building from inside the car like two foriegners. I saw 8 or 9 girls walking out from the building. Wow. They all look the same. But, still. They're so pretty.

 

I grabbed my backpack then bid goodbye to Jinyoung oppa. "I'll go home by myself. I think I still remember which turns we took." He smiles and nods then waved goodbye. 

 

I walked to the entrance of the building then I saw a guard. I bowed at him then introduced myself. "Annyeong Haseo. I'm Ji Hyun. The new trainee from America." Then suddenly from being the strict and a scary guard, he smiles widely at me then bows. "Annyeong Haseo. Wow. So you're the famous 15 year-old Ji Hyun. You're so pretty." I shyly smiled then bowed at him. "Thank y-" I wasn't able to finish my sentence because all of the sudden my trainer was running towards me.

 

"Ji Hyun~ah!!! Over here." I bid farewell to the guard as I ran to my trainer. But it wasn't a friendly smile or a even a hug that welcomed me. A worried look was on my trainer's face. 

 

"Unnie. What's wrong?" I asked her. She was panting a bit. But I can still understand her. "You're not going to debut in Girls' Generation... I don't know how you'll debut, but we need to go. NOW." My eyes widened. It was okay for me to not debut in Girls' Generation, but it was too sudden that it surprised BOTH my trainer and I.

 

For the past three moths she was talking about how the members of Girls' Generation were so pretty and kind. She said that even though I'm young, I would fit in the group. Everything that came out from was how I should reach the other members. Because some of them has been training for years, and I was going to train in less than a year. 

 

Unnie grabbed my wrist and we ran to an elevator. We were passing a few rooms and I can see people dancing, training, all the things I've did for the past three months, I could recognize them from all these people. Unnie lets go of my hand but I knew I still had to follow her  so I still ran after her.

 

As we entered the elevator, I bumped into a boy. I immediately bowed. "oh. I'm sorry." He nodded and helped me stand up. "It's fine." He said with a slightly shy smile. I can easily tell that he was shy in front of girls. He was kinda.... cute? Ugh. What am I thinking? I'm only fifteen for crying out loud! But... he was really cute. He actually looks young, maybe the same age as I am. He was slightly feminine looking. But still, he was very handsome. 

 

The elevator stopped at our floor as my trainer grabbed my wrist again. "Come on, Ji Hyun. You really need to speak with the president now for your debut." I nodded as I quickly ran after her.

 

I hope I get to see that boy again. 

 

Unnie and I stopped in front of a room's door. She fixed my hair and dusted my clothes. "I'm sorry for making you run. But we really needed to hurry. You have to look presentable in front of the president because he admires you very much." I smiled and nodded to every word she said.

 

I also fixed unnie's hair. "Unnie. You trained me so you have to look pretty too." She smiled and patted my head. "Thank you. I'm really happy that I get to train someone as pretty and talented as you are. Now, remember. Be as lively as you can, show your youth a bit. But be polite and lady like at the same time. okay? Let's go." She opened the door and two men were inside this big office.

 

"Good afternoon Ji Hyun." An older guy was sitting on a huge desk while the other one was standing. "Good afternoon." I bowed and then brightly smiled. Lively and polite. Lively and polite. Those words were circulating in my head. "Please sit down. I am Lee Soo Man. I am here to discuss about your debut." Oh so he's Lee Soo Man. I smiled and nodded as he was explaining.

 

"Two days after your audition in America, you have become very popular here in SM Entertainment. Espescially, about those dancing skills of yours. I am also aware that you weren't planning on singing?" I was a bit nervous and then started fiddling with my fingers. No Ji Hyun. Relax. "Yes. I wasn't planning on singing. I was only planning in showing off my dancing skills." Lee Soo Man just nodded. "Can you please explain that further?"

 

I just nodded then started explaining. "At the last screening of the audition, they played random music as I danced swiftly to it. But then, as I finished dancing, they asked me if I could sing. I was nervous so, I just simply answered 'NO'. But then they explained to me that even if I was the best dancer, I will not pass because I couldn't sing. So I sang a song and to my suprise they liked my voice."

 

He smiled at me then patted my head slightly. "You see Ji Hyun. You're dancing skills is VERY POWERFUL. And your voice is AMAZING. I guess, you just didn't acknowledge that you had such an amazing voice. Your voice is not cute and pitchy, it's WHOLE and POWERFUL. So you will not debut in Girls' Generation or in any girl group."

 

Wait... What?! So, I'm not going to be in a group?! Solo artist maybe or duo? He then continued explaing. "You're talents are too powerful for a girl group. I don't want to use your talent while you are wearing shorts and colorful shirts and wearing your hair in pig tails. I also don't want to waste your talents in high and full of cuteness kind of style. But don't get me wrong, you are a VERY GORGEOUS GIRL.  And I am not saying this to be kind. I am serious Ji Hyun, you are beautiful."

 

I was flattered and a bit embarassed after what he said. "So... Am I still going to debut as a solo artist? or a duo?" He chuckles a bit. Why is he chuckling?! I'm asking a very serious question. "No. You will be in a group Ji hyun~ah." What? But.... "Excuse me sir. But you said and I quote 'my talents are too powerful for Girls' Generation or any girl group'." He smiled at me. "Exactly. You will debut in a BOY GROUP."

 

Oh. A boy group. I thought I was going to be a solo artist or.... some.... thing. WHAT?!?!?!?! A BOY GROPUP?!?!?!?! A group for BOYS?!?!?!?! My jaw dropped open. He stares at me then laughs. "Well.... they were originally a boy group but with you in the picture, it'll be much more fun." "B-but... I-I.. d-d..." I stupidly stammered. Boy group?! It's not that I don't like boys,.... But.... ONE GIRL with a BUNCH OF BOYS?! It sounded weird. I tried explaining. "But it might look weird with one girl and a bunch of boys." I was finally able to talk properly. 

 

But Lee Soo Man just smiled at me. "You are POWERFUL enough to be in a boy group. Okay, now that everything's settled. Here is your manager, you will debut in just a few months. Mr. Park (A/N: I don't know the real name of SHINee's manager so the most common Korean last name is the name of their manager.) is your manager, and starting tomorrow you will be in a dorm with your members." 

 

I knew it! I won't be able to stay in my pretty violet room. :(((

 

I looked at my new manager then smiled brightly. Even though it looked fake because I was still in a state of shock. *sigh* I can't wait to tell this to Jinyoung oppa. How many boys are there? Are we going to sleep in the sameroom? Are they nice? how old are they? Are they cute? So many questions circulating my mind. Well, my journey starts here. To debut in a boy group.