Chapter 9

SHINee's NEW member (UPDATED AFTER 2 YEARS + ANOTHER GIVEAWAY)

This whole chapter is an interview...

Ji Hyn's POV

"Annyeong Haseo we are the contemporary group SHINee!" As we pumped our fist in the air, the Mc asked us. "What does contemporary mean?" Then, as always, Onew oppa will explain.  "It means being ahead from fashion in style. We don't copy the new trends, we MAKE the new trends." Then once again, the MCs will clap in amusement.

 

For the past week, we have gone to many interviews. This is always the start of EACH and EVERY interview we go too. "So, we'll ask a few questions about each member so the fans can know you a bit more." We all nodded as the MC went through his script. 

 

MC: So your group is quite unique. It has one girl, and that is the lovely Ji Hyun. Is it true that you were born and raised in America?

Ji Hyun: Yes. My mom and dad moved to America right after they got married. Hence, I was born there. So, I have a dual citizenship. I am both legally Korean AND American.

 

I saw some of the fans grew quiet.... and.... THEY WERE TAKING DOWN NOTES?!!! What?! The Mc noticed this and commented on it as well as we both the fans and SHINee laughed.

 

MC: But.... how come you speak Korean so perfectly?

Ji Hyun: I used it a lot when I'm with my parents. They said even though I was in America they didn't want me to be dettached from my Korean roots.

MC: I see.... but is it true that you live in one dorm? AND sleep in one room?

Jonghyun: Yes. We have individual beds and we just put them together in order we can fit in one room.

MC: But isn't that problem? Being the only girl in the dorm?

Onew: It's not that difficult actually. We made a lot of rules two days after Ji Hyun moved in with us so we won't have any insecurities.

MC: Wait.... did I hear 'move in with you'?

 

We all nodded. Oh no. This MC is trying to dig up something. We kept on eyeing our manager so we would know which questions to answer and how to answer them. Lee Soo Man was very protective when it comes to our group because we are a unique group having both a girl and a boy in the same group, that is why he was there beside our manager. 

 

MC: Aren't you suppose to be living already from the very start? Even before you debut  you should be at least in a dorm already as a group. Isn't Ji Hyun an ORIGINAL member?

 

We literally frozed on stage as all the reptors flashed lights and came closer. This MC has sense. I eyed manager oppa and I saw him discussing things with Lee Soo Man. As they finished, manager gave me the okay sign. Key oppa started the explanation.

 

Key: Ji Hyun actually didn't train with us like how pre debut groups should. Unlike us, she only trained for a few months. She trained in America for three months having a personal trainer then she moved to Korea to train with the Girls' Generation sunbaenims.

 

Everybody gasped. I froze and my eyes widens. It was time for me to clear the air. This is too much pressure for a fifteen year old. Even though I was sixteen in korean age but still, I have only been walking this earth for fifteen years. This is too much pressure for me. I took a deep breath then opened my mouth.

 

MC: Personal trainer? Girls' Generation? Please explain further....

Ji Hyun: I actually auditioned in an open audition in Amearica. Out of thousands who auditioned I was the only one picked. Due to my powerful dancing skills and a clear voice, even though I wasn't aware of the talent I had in my voice, I was personally AND individually trained by one of the top trainers in SM Entertainment.

MC: Oh.... now I understand. But please do explain the whole Girls' Generation issue.

Ji Hyun: My trainer said that I was decided to be in the group Girls' Generation. I was going to be the maknae and dancing machine of the group. Girls' Generation was going to debut in less than a year so years worth of training that I should have had was squeezed into  a few months. I worked hard for months. Years of training is already hard, but training in a few months is harder.

 

Both the press and fans were taking down notes furiously. Actually I was getting GOOD reactions so Lee Soo Man signalled me to keep going and say every detail. I paused for a little while then took a deep breath before talking again.

 

Ji Hyun: After three months of training in America my trainer unnie told me to go to Korea and train with Girls' Generaton. But when I got there, things changed. Trainer unnie was flusttered, we ran to our president's room and he explained things to me. My mind wasn't working properly but the only thig I understood was that i wasn't going to debut as a member of Girls' Generation but as a member of a BOY group. i'm not boasting about my skills, but these are the EXACT words that my president told me. "Your talents are powerful enogh for a boy group. I don't want to waste your talent in singing in cute voices and wearing short shorts. Don't get me wrong, youare a beautiful woman, but you are way too powerful for a girl group."

 

And just like that, the interview that was supposed to be for SHINee that became into my personal interview ended due to time. I immediately apologized to my other members because I took up all the time for our interview. They all patted my back and said it was okay. Minho smiled at me and ruffled my hair. "It's okay Ji Hyun~ah.... there are still a lot of inteviews too come. We are a group."

 

Jonghyun oppa placed his arm around me and pulled me closer to him. "We should be worried about you. You're way too young to handle this pressure. Our manager cleared our schedule for the day because he knows that you are flusttered right now. You handled the matter well Ji Hyun. You were great."

 

I smiled at Jonghyun oppa, I was about to say thank you but suddenly... Taemin held my hand and we ran out the building. "Ji Hyun~ah!!! Let's go to Dongdaemun!!!" We all ran outside and took the bus. People were lookiing at us because we were wearing matching outfits. I guess they know we're celebrities but they don't know who we really are. Besides, it's only been a week since our debut. I hope everything will be fine after this. I'm really nervous, of the ups and dwons we'll face.