Deux

Where The Lights Are

"What? No!" Luhan yelled, shaking his head with laughter.

"Come on man! Just go over and say, 'Babe... you so gorgeous.'" Donghae teased while he spoke in a heavily accented English.

"I'm not going to say that! Gosh, you're such an idiot!" the younger chuckled.

"Hi there.",

Both boys slowly turned their heads to see a smiling Mina standing to the left of their table. For once, her eyes were actually looking in the right direction, on Luhan and Donghae's faces. Luhan turned a deep red, and Donghae nervously chuckled.

"Are you still there? I didn't hear the chairs move." Mina tucked her hair behind her ears and stood silently for a moment, listening to her surroundings. "Yep. You two are here. I can hear your breathing." she giggled.

Donghae cleared his throat. "I'm sorry, but... why are you, uhm... here." Donghae motioned with his hands at the table, forgetting for a second that Mina was blind.

"My unnie said she saw you pointing at us, plus, I heard my name. Is there something you wanted to ask to me?" Mina asked, completely unaware of the fact that she should be mad.

"You must be mistaken. We were just being dudes and talking about pretty girls. Your name came up. That's all." Donghae smiled, being the charmer he was.

Mina's eyes lit up. Her hands clenched together at her chest. "You said my name? Thank you so!" she made a small bow before turning and dancing her way back to the table, her fingers grazing the lunch tables as she passed them.

"You're so mean." Luhan sipped his cola.

"It's just a white lie to make her feel good, and look at her! She's happy and is probably chattering away to her sister. Or wait... signing to her sister? I don't know anymore." Donghae laughed.

"But, she actually is very pretty." the deer like boy whispered to himself.


"Unnie! The most wonderful thing happened!" Mina exclaimed while her deaf sister read her lips.

"Well, what was it?" Choaya asked, her voice sounding a bit off as it always did.

"Donghae and Luhan oppa said I was pretty! The really think I'm pretty!" Mina's thin fingers molded around her cheeks.

"That's what I keep trying to tell you. Now, do you believe you're beautiful?" her sister nibbled at her sandwich, waiting for a response.

"I guess so..." the younger muttered a little too quietly.

"Hey tards." a male classmate hurled his insult at the girls. He slipped his arms around Mina's shoulders, his breath was warm against her neck. "How about you and me get something to eat later? I've never banged a blindy . And you're probably a , right? That'll make the trip even more fun." his dirty whispers sent chills down Mina's spine.

"Got off her!" Choaya began to stand, only to have her long blonde hair tugged at by another boy. She soon found herself struggling against the thug's hands around her waist.

"Let go of my sister!" Mina struck her arm out in front of her face, laughter drowning the cafeteria as her sister was to her left.

"Wrong direction, retard." the boy hugged her shoulders a bit tighter.

Luhan didn't know how it happened, and he didn't know when it happened, but the moment he awoke from a daze, the two thugs were rolling around on the stained floor while Luhan held a bloody pocket knife. He had never been a violent kid, but whenever he saw someone disrespecting women, it drove him insane. He'll admit, he had dated a couple girls that he only dated just to date. But they were dating me for the same reason, and I never even touched them with out their ok. But this ? Threatening to a poor, innocent, blind girl and maybe her deaf sister!? You must be insane! Luhan dazed out again, and he soon found himself alone in his dorm room. However... he wasn't totally alone. A blue ice pack was being pressed against his head, and the arm holding that ice pack belonged to Mina.

"Oh... hey. Are you awake? Your breathing changed." Mina looked at the wall ahead of her, not at Luhan laying on the bed below her.

"Uh, yeah. What the hell happened?" Luhan asked in a frog like voice.

"Well, you kind of stabbed Siwon and Kai. You stabbed Kai in the I think, and Siwon in the hand. Kinda funny, Siwon started hallucinating for some reason, and he thought everybody was either jesus or a sandwich. Then, you fainted and hit your head on a table. The two agreed to not tell the principal, as they'd probably get in trouble for a bunch more things themselves. You're a lucky bastard, you know?" Mina looked down at Luhan, or rather, her eyes faced Luhan. "Oh, and Donghae was here, taking care of you and stuff with me, but I think he left to go out with a girl. Now, it's just been you and me for the past half hour.".

Luhan's eyes widened. "You've been sitting alone? I'm sorry...".

"Oh no! It's fine. Donghae told me you had dark-ish blonde hair, brown eyes, and a tiny body. So I've been trying to guess what you look like. It's kind of a fun game I play." she bluntly said, not caring if he thought she was weird.

"I see." he sat up, instantly feeling a sharp pain at his temples.

"Hey hey hey! Lay back down! You're not well enough." Mina pressed the ice pack to his head a bit harder.

"Did Donghae tell you where the fridge is? I kind of want some water..." Luhan mumbled.

"Oh. I think he told me..." Mina stood up from her spot on the floor.

Her head whipped around in every direction, and she eventually placed her hand on Luhan's bedside table. She walked forward, her fingers running along the wooden table, then to a desk, then to the rough wall, and she eventually found something cold and smooth. Her hand ran from the left of the refrigerator to the right, where she found the handle and swiftly opened the door. Her hands fumbled around themselves and the food in the freezing box, but she soon found a cylinder like object. She held it up and looked in Luhan's direction.

"Is this a water bottle?" she loudly questioned.

"Heh... yeah." Luhan chuckled.

Mina repeated the actions, and soon found herself sitting on the floor, handing the water bottle to Luhan, and staring at what she assumed where his face was. Luhan slowly opened the water bottle, took a gentle sip, and placed it on the night stand. Every thing was so simple, yet with Mina in the room, everything seemed so different. Like his room was a new world.

"You barely seem like you're blind." Luhan noted, sitting up while keeping the ice pack to his head.

"Years of practice I suppose." Mina giggled.

"This is so weird. Why am I so comfortable with you? We've only ever talked to each other once or twice." Luhan sighed.

"I guess it's my personality? I try to be friendly with every one... but not every one wants to be friendly with me. Meh. I don't really care though. My teachers are nice, and my sister is nice. That's all I really need to survive school.",

"You're kind of amazing. The way you're so happy all the time. I don't think I've ever seen a day where you were mad." he noted.

Mina shrugged. "Maybe you're the blind one. I get angry at a lot of things, but I guess I'm just good at hiding it." Mina played with the edge of Luhan's blanket, which was in a lazy pile on the floor next to his bed. "My god, your blanket is so soft!" she suddenly exclaimed.

"Is it now?" Luhan ruffled Mina's hair.

"It is!" she rubbed the cloth against her cheek. "It's like a plushie! Or a dog!" she smiled.

"You know what, I'm surprised." Luhan crossed his arms, letting the ice pack fall to his right.

"You dummy!" Mina yelled out of the blue. "You dropped your ice pack. Now your head's gonna hurt." she reached over his lap and grabbed the now half liquid bag of ice. "I guess it's not much of an ice pack anymore though.",

"I feel fine now, anyway.".

"If you say so. It's pretty late now, almost seven, right? I should get back to my unnie. If you need me, Donghae put my number in your phone, so just call. Okay? Ok!" and before Luhan could even say thank you, Mina vanished, joyfully skipping down the hall with her hand glued to the wall.