Trente-Sept

Where The Lights Are

(Epilogue)

Diary Entry #65

Why hello there, it's been a few days since the last entry, but not too much has happened.

The wedding was great by the way! Mom looked so pretty in her pink dress, and Luhan was really stunning in a tux. Maybe it's just me, but it's kind of odd seeing them dressed up. Anyway, Auntie Choaya pulled Mom aside to give her some 'marriage advice', and ok, I'll admit that Kangin and I listened to the conversation. I thought it'd be more interesting, but hell, Kangin had his ear pressed against the door the entire time!

For the all the months that we've been living with Luhan, I can't believe he didn't tell me that he and Dad know each other! I found out yesterday, at the wedding, that they were childhood friends! WHAT!? Mom knew as well! WHAT!?

Aish. Nobody tells me anything.

Anyway, yeah, I kind of expected there to be some rivalry between Dad and Luhan, but nope, they seemed like brothers!

A bunch has happened in these past few months though. I've met two new amazing families that I've only ever dreamed of! Uncle Geng and Uncle Chul are my favorite additions to the family. Don't tell anybody though! Kangin likes them too, and I think Heechul gave him a lesson on being gay and accepting it, because when he pulled Kangin aside one day, the doof came back all red faced, and Uncle Chul had a smirk on his face.

You know what, with the subtraction of the sixteen year long wait, I think I'd like to have what Mom and Luhan have. I'd like to become friends with Kyuhyun, and I want him to kiss me in the rain one day as a surprise confession (Like how Luhan surprised Mom with a first kiss). Is that too stereotypical? Eh. Mom went on and on one time about her first boyfriend, and it was so weird to see him at the library. Ok, yes, I might've been stalking him to make sure it was the guy Mom was talking about, but I wanted to be sure! I was gonna bring Mom in one day, but it turns out they ran into each other before I could make my plan a reality. So close!

Luhan's a great step-dad though! He's taught me so much, and he's also introduced me to many new things. Like hell, I love soccer now. Why? I don't know! He also got me into horror movies and some quite dirty American T.V. shows, and now we all laugh about what a bad influence he is. He especially likes that joke, even though it's about himself. Anyway, I can see that he makes Mom way more happy. Whenever she's with him, she's always so bubbly and a mess of giggles, it's kind of creepy. I didn't know a thirty-three year old woman's aegyo could be better than a twelve year old girl's. I will admit with pride, and I openly tell him all the time, that life is way better with Luhan. He makes Mom happy, and he makes me happy. He showed us two wonderful families that Mom had lost contact with, and I'm so thankful.

Oh, I suppose I should be going now. See you later!


Seolhyun stood alone under a dark red umbrella as she waited for the bus home to arrive. Now that she and Mina were living with Luhan, home wasn't just a few steps away. However, she didn't mind much. The calming hum of the bus often lulled her to sleep, and since her stop was last, she didn't have to worry about missing it. As the heavy rain poured down, she let out quick little breathes, the rain cutting through the surrounding oxygen like little knives. She struggled to keep her bag and books dry under the little umbrella.

"Hi there." a deep voice suddenly said, grabbing the tall girl's attention.

Seolhyun looked to her left, only to see the school gamer and odd-boy, Kyuhyun. He may have been an outcast, but something about him made her smile. She knew it was a simple school girl's crush, and being only twelve, she was surprisingly wise enough to know that there will be many more 'true loves' in her life. For now though, Kyuhyun was the only guy for her.

"Hey Kyu..." she muttered, calling the boy by his preferred nickname.

"Waiting for some one?" he asked, his black umbrella brushing against her's as he stepped closer.

"Just some one named bus number eight." she smirked, her smile becoming genuine though when he let out a laugh.

"Ah, I see. My house is a bit down that way," he said, pointing down the street. "but I wanted to give you something." he gently smiled.

"What?" Seolhyun barely whispered out as she noticed him stepping closer.

He stole her first kiss right then and there, in the rain, just as she had always wished. He tipped his umbrella down so he could step under her's, and he gave her a soft peck on the lips. She stood frozen for a moment, but unlike Mina, she quickly turned her head, her lips accepting the kiss. The two only pulled away when they heard a car driving up, Seolhyun's sharp eyes widening when she saw Luhan in the driver's seat.

"Uhm... th-thanks." Kyuhyun mumbled, his cheeks bright red.

"No, thank you. I've wanted that gift from you for a long time." she smiled, patting his back.

"I'll see you at school tomorrow then?" he asked, his head tipping up as she walked to the car.

"Of course." she smiled, throwing her bag into the back seat, giving him one last smile as she took her spot in the passenger seat next to her step-father.

"So... who was that?" Luhan smiled, a cheeky look on his face.

"A friend." she grinned.

"A friend." he repeated, chuckling.

"Thank you for picking me up, but why? I thought you had work." Seolhyun asked, changing the subject.

"Ah, the library was broken into and kind of destroyed, so it's closed while under going repairs." the older explained, sighing.

"That's terrible." Seolhyun pouted as the car passed by a giddy looking Kyuhyun.

"So... a friend." Luhan chuckled again.

"Oh no..." the younger sighed, shaking her head, knowing that a word of fun teasing was ahead of her.


Diary Entry #66

Kyuhyun kissed me today.

Is this 'a light'?

Are these moments the lights that mom always talks about? Happy, amazing things like these?

I hope so... because I very much enjoyed it.