Quinze

Where The Lights Are

Explaining things had gotten so painfully boring for Mina and her family. I didn't mean to touch your chest, I'm not gay! I'm just blind!

Oh, sorry I punched you. I thought you were a robber... didn't recognise you there. Sorry dad.

Please, forgive me Ms. Park! I wasn't ignoring you, I'm deaf, I can't hear! Please, don't give me a detention.

Just to clear up the confusion, uhm, yeah, she's mute and she's a dwarf. I'm just... a giant, I suppose.

Yes, we're twins. What do you mean we don't look a like, therefore we can't be twins? It's called fraternal! Are you blind and stupid!? Sorry Mina.


In the end, Luhan had to explain what was wrong with Heechul, while Mina was dying of laughter in the corner after hearing what Heechul had done. A soft moan and mumble drew the three's attention to the floor, where Heechul was rubbing his neck and cursing to himself as he woke up.

"Ah... sorry man. I didn't mean to do that... I guess I forgot to take my meds." Heechul chuckled, forgetting that he had to take three pills every six hours.

"It's uh... it's cool." Hangeng waved his hands, refusing to look at Heechul.

"Where'd Unnie and Oppa go?" Mina tapped her chin, suddenly running to the staircase in front of the main door.

"Is she ever not random?" Hangeng muttered.

"You'll get used to it." Luhan said, shoving his hands into his pockets.

"Oppaaaaaaa! Are you with Unnie up there?" Mina yelled upwards.

"Yeah!" Kris's deep voice echoed.

"Oh! Ok! What room did you two pick?" Mina was too oblivious.

"Last one on the left!" the voice called out.

"So... we made plans to go to the beach tomorrow! You two coming with us?" Heechul, Luhan, and Hangeng simultaneously face-palmed. They didn't know exactly what the two lovebirds were doing, but they sure knew Mina was being annoying. In a cute way, Luhan thought.

"Yeah, yeah, sure!".

"Cool!" she turned to the three others. "So... dibs on the balcony room!" Mina yelled, racing up the stairs.

"Fine! I get the flat screen room!" Luhan ran behind her.

"Wooo! Spring break!" Mina yelled out.

"YEAH BABY!" the deer screamed.


What Heechul had failed to tell Mina, was that there were indeed six bedrooms, but only three had furniture in them, as Heechul could only afford so much. So, after an awkward attempt at picking rooms, Hangeng was paired with Heechul in the flat screen room, and Mina was paired with Luhan in the balcony room.

"B-but... I'm a girl!" Mina yelped.

"I know." Heechul smirked.

"He's a guy!" Mina gestured to her left... when Luhan was on her right.

"I know." now even Hangeng couldn't contain his laughter.

"Well fine. You two can go away and make out. Luhan and I are gonna unpack!" Mina stuck out her tongue, grabbing Luhan's wrist and marching towards their room.

"WAIT WHAT!?" Luhan's brother choked on his words.

"Mina!" the forgetful man hissed.

All the while, Mina was ignoring them, a big smile plastered on her cheeks. The group had planned a big beach day for tomorrow, and the first night was set to be just unpacking and goofing off... and that's just what Luhan and Mina decided to do. Luhan only managed to put away his socks, when out of nowhere, he felt a t-shirt hit the back of his head. He turned around and saw Mina giggling.

"Did I hit you?" she eagerly wanted the answer.

Luhan responded by throwing one of his own t-shirts at her. He playfully bit his lip.

"Oh it's on!" and with that, the war began, and then ended abruptly when Heechul walked in and threw a fit, forcing the two to clean up.

Now, it was near midnight. Since Mina couldn't see, and Luhan didn't care if she saw anyway, he had changed into some old shorts and a t-shirt, aka, his sleeping clothes. Mina, though, had an odd philosophy about the body.

"I mean... it's just a body." she mumbled, taking her shirt off right in front of Luhan.

"Oh my god! Mina! Stop!" Luhan yelled, sheilding his eyes. Damn, I wish I didn't have to do this.

"But... it's a chest. Which is protecting the lungs, which helps me live! This thing a bit lower, is a belly, and behind it is a stomach. It's a body! What's so scandalous about it?" she proceeded to then even change out of her bra.

"Mina! Please! If anybody walks in, they are going to kill me!" the slightly innocent boy exclaimed... peaking through his fingers at Mina's developed chest.

"What? They're s. Big deal." she shrugged, pulling a sports bra on.

"You can't just do that though. We're teenagers, and that stuff makes us get weird." Luhan said, still covering his eyes.

"I must not be a teen then." Mina laughed, pulling on a large, baggy t-shirt.

I swear to the heavens of all things innocent, if she's planning on wearing different bottoms to sl- oh my god! Luhan rolled off the king sized bed and fell to the floor, landing on his face with a crush. Mina was in the middle of pulling her skirt down and holding a pair of baggy shorts, her eyes wide.

"Luhan... you ok?" she walked over to the side of the bed where Luhan looked dead to the average person.

"Are you wearing shorts yet?" he asked, face still connected to the floor.

"No..." she still held the shorts, too distracted to put them on. "Seriously Luhan, are you alright?" she stepped further.

"MINA, PUT YOUR SHORTS ON." Luhan boomed, startling the small girl.

A couple moments later, out of the corner of his eye, he saw Mina's knee lay next to his head. She knelt down beside him (fully clothed again), and his long dyed golden strands of hair. It put Luhan into a sleepy trance, being already tired, this was sending him to heaven. He moaned into the floor, surprised when Mina didn't laugh. She just continued playing with his hair. The thing that woke him up was Mina poking his back.

"Luhan... lay down on the bed. You're gonna wake up with a funny back or something." she whispered.

Kwon Mina, what are you doing to me?