Vingt-Et-Un

Where The Lights Are

Luhan's first kiss came at the adorable age of eight, and his first girlfriend was at fourteen. He'd been through those heated make-out sessions, and he was quite confident in his 'skills', much to Donghae's annoyance whenever he'd brag about it. However, when he kissed Mina, his cheeks puffed out and his lips puckered. Simply put, he looked like a five year old, all because of his nervous brain jumping in every direction. Mina, on the other hand, had never experienced something like this, her eyes wide open at the touch, and her body frozen in place. In the end, it was an awkward, undesirable first kiss for the two. For them though, it was a shocking thing, as Mina didn't know what to consider a good kiss, and Luhan was too scared to act like a normal person.

He knew he'd love the way her lips felt against his. Mina's lips were soft, delicate, plump, and very kissable in Luhan's eyes. It was cheesey, he knew, but she was perfect to him. This kiss however, didn't last long, but it wasn't instant and short. At the gentle touch, Mina panicked. She didn't want to move though, and that's what scared her the most. After laying there together, lips pressed ever so gently on the other's lips, Mina's brain finally flicked the reaction switch. She shot from her spot on the floor, and in what seemed like one motion, leaned against the wall behind her and brought her knees to her chest. Her eyes were wide, terrified, not knowing where her kisser was. Luhan, on the other hand, came back to his normal self. His eyes flipped open, seeing a tiny girl, coiled up by the wall. He instantly regretted everything, he knew he probably scared her. He sat up, eyes getting a bit teary at Mina clutching with both hands.

Before he could even say a word, Mina bolted from the room. She quickly brought herself to her feet, tugged at the door, and ran down the hall way. Luhan, at first, attempted to chase after her, but he stopped at the doorway, clutching the frame and watching her sprint through the small crowded hall. As soon as she turned the corner, he knew she was gone. He slammed the door and trudged over to his bed, where he sat down and began to cry. He held onto the edge of the bed, and stared at the carpeted floor. Tears flew down and soaked into the fabric.


Mina's face showed no emotion. After dashing away from Luhan and out of the boy's dorm, she had slowed down, and walked without any emotion back to her room. After shutting the door quietly, she collapsed onto the floor in the middle of the room. At the moment she had nobody, nobody to comfort her, like she knew Luhan or Choaya would've. Suddenly, she heard her door quietly open, and then close. She didn't know who it was, but by the light steps, she guessed it was Choaya, coming to her rescue. Still though, she couldn't cry. Soon, she heard the steps stop in front of her, and sit down. She knew that Choaya was now facing her.

"How are you?" a surprising voice asked, startling Mina.

She didn't know why, and it didn't make sense, but she looked up, even though all she saw was darkness. The person wasn't Choaya, yet... it didn't scare her.

"Not good..." she mumbled, eyes drawing back to the floor.

"Listen, I don't know what happened with Luhan, but... you can't just leave him like that." the voice said.

"How did you know something happened between Luhan and I?" Mina asked, a little shock in her voice.

"You just answered your own question." the voice chuckled, gaining a small giggle from the tiny girl.

"Why are you here? I don't even know who you are.",

"Well, I once heard you say, that seeing a bad person become good, is one of the greatest things in life. So, I'm here to help. I may not be the smartest, and I've done my share of horrible things, but, I wanna make you smile now. I wanna help in any way I can." the voice explained, Mina taking note on how deep and smooth it sounded.

"Thank you." was all she could muster up the courage to say. She was still so shocked.

"No problem." the person shrugged." Anyway, as I was saying, you can't just leave him. I've known Luhan for a couple years, and the kid can be both bold, and stupid. I don't know what he did to you, but he's killing himself over it now, I know that for sure.",

"He is... isn't he?" she mumbled, knowing the stranger was right.

"Yeah. So you gotta go to him. If not now, then at least some time tonight. Believe me, it may be hard, but everything will turn out to be ok. You sh-" the voice cut off with Mina flying into it's arms.

She wrapped her arms around it's neck, and nodded. "Thank you... thank you..." she whispered.

The figure pat her back, grinning. "I told you, I'm trying to become a better person.",

"Can I at least know your name? Please, " she pulled away and looked into it's eyes, or at least, it looked like she was doing that. "tell me? You've helped me, really, more than you think." she begged as she slinked back to her original spot on the floor.

The figure sighed. "You can uhm... you can call me Jongin." he nodded.

"Oh... Kai..." she looked down, then up at him again and smiled. "You're doing a good job at being a nice guy. Did Luhan teach you?" she giggled.

"I might've borrowed a couple tricks from him." he rubbed the back of his neck and grinning a toothy grin.


Donghae hazily stumbled into his shared dorm room. His eyes were dropping and flashing open again almost every second. A lovesick and a tired Donghae just plain looked hilarious. Some depressing, sad mumbles came from the small closet the two shared. Donghae instantly knew it was Luhan, and his heavy strides boomed against the floor as he sighed and tugged the closet open. Luhan sat, surrounded in a fort of clothes and pillows, a box of tissues in one hand, a phone playing sad ballads in the other, and used tissues overflowing a small waste bin that was once under the desk. The fish boy groaned as he looked at the pitiful sight before him.

"I messed up, Donghae hyung." the boy sniffed.

"Get up, ya girl." the older shouted at him.

"Don't insult me now, Donghae! I'm sensitive!" Luhan moaned, turning up the volume on the sad song, tuning out Donghae.

"Dude, you'll be fine. Whatever girl you screwed up with, everything'll be ok." Donghae tried to help, but the music drowned him out.

"Naranhi anjeun jadongcha sogeseon,
Eumakdo heureuji anha,
Neul japgo itdeon ni oensoneuro neo,
Ipsulman tteutgo isseo,
Niga hal mal ara geu malmaneun mara,
Dont know why dont know why,
Ilbun ilcho deo kkeulgo sipeunde,
Teong bin gil nareul jaechokhae,
Bingbing doraon neoui jip api na,
Iksukhae nunmuri nawa,
Haruga meolge chajaon yeogiseo,
Gireul naega irheun geot gata,
Ireojima jebal tteonajima jebal,
Dont know why dont know why,
Bido an oneun yurichang neomeo,
Ppuyeoke meoreojineun neo."

"What ever man, I'm going back out. This is too depressing." and after changing his shirt, Donghae left the sad boy to sulk in his own sadness.

After a couple hours of this, Luhan tired himself out, and slowly waddled over to his bed. He truly was a depressing sight when he was in these moods.