Quatre

Where The Lights Are

"Uhm..." Mina nervously looked around.

"So, I'll be handing out these cameras and...",

"M-Mr. Park..." Mina spoke almost too quietly, as she was barely heard. She bit her lip.

"... movie of your family!" he jumped around in excitement, being the legendary weird teacher.

"B-but I...",

"... this week should be celebrated!",

Mina couldn't take it anymore. Few were lucky enough to see Kwon Mina have a panic attack, and the students in her 1st period class were the first group to ever see it happen in school, as they witnessed something on this day that would normally haunt the victim. Mina had a strange fear of not being able to do her best on homework.

"I know, I know! I'm a spaz!" Mina mocked herself as she and Luhan exchanged stories one lunch period together. "But it's been going on ever since second grade! If I know for a fact that I'll have a hard time on a project, I'll just... poooofsh!" Mina made little explosion signs with her hands while Luhan grinned like a fool.

Mina's hand shot up. Her eyes were wide and rounder than the moon. "Yes Mina?" Mr. Park grinned and pointed at his student.

"Well... it's family week and... we're celebrating it, but... what if you don't have a family? Or... a real one at least? Choaya told me that, before, you lost points on the project if you included people who weren't blood related to you." she numbly explained.

"Ohh yes, Park Choaya, she's older than you by two years. When she was assigned this project, I wasn't a teacher in this class. So if who you consider your family is not related to you by blood, then it's fine with me." Chanyeol giggled like a schoolgirl as he turned his attention back to the class. "Alright! One last review. I give you cameras, you record footage of your family, you present to the class. Get it? Alrighty, come up and get your cameras!".


The lights turned off and the projector glowed in the darkness. With a few presses of a couple different multi colored buttons, Luhan's movie started. The camera's 'eye' switched on, and an overly dressed Luhan in a suit stood holding a small camera, the image reflecting from a mirror.

"Hey everybody! Today is my aunts wedding, and I thought this magical day would be a perfect one to show my family in their natural state: Totally confused and stressed. Gonna be fun. Oh, and a few notes! My family has this weird tradition where we change our names if we feel like it. You guys are lucky I didn't change mine. And my parents are already at the wedding, so you won't get to see them. Mr. Park... please don't take points off." the class laughed as the video showed Luhan walking down a short hallway.

Each door was labeled with a different name, and after a while, a hand appeared from behind the camera to push open a door that read, 'Hangeng'. A tall, thin, slightly muscular man stood in the center of his room, knotting a tie while he stood in front of a mirror.

"Oh. Lulu told me this was gonna happen." the older said, a laugh filling his face.

"Hey! Don't say that on camera!" Luhan's voice grew higher in pitch.

"Fine Lulu, I won't say Lulu again. Ever. Got that, Lulu?" Hangeng poked the camera after he finished tying a bowtie.

"So, tell me about yourself." Luhan requested as Hangeng sat at his desk.

"Well, I'm a college student. Last year, yaaaaay. I am the eldest child, I like to dance, learning Korean is not fun in my opinion, I was born in China, while Lulu here was not, and... I'm gay as a rainbow." Hangeng shrugged, keeping his speech short.

"So, how does that make you feel?" the deer-like boy said in a typical monotone voice.

"Gayer. Than. A rainbow. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to go frolicing in the fields with my boyfriend." Hangeng nudged Luhan out of his room, slamming the door in his face.

A sigh was heard from behind the camera. Luhan turned and opened the door on the opposite side of the hallway, the door read 'Zhou Mi'. The door opened to a giant skeleton-like man with bright red hair, who was currently sewing a silver button on his jacket.

"Wassup?" Luhan flicked his brother's styled hair.

"Woah! Don't touch 'the do'!" Zhou Mi grinned as he scolded his younger brother.

"Tell me your life story." Luhan took the jacket from his brother and held it behind, what the class assumed, his back.

"Luhan... gimme the jacket." Zhou Mi crossed his arms.

"Story!" the younger chimed.

"Oh you infuriate me. Ok, my name is Zhou Mi, I am a middle child, I'm a college student studying fashion, contrary to popular belief, I'm straight, and I like vegetables. A lot." the tall man laughed.

"That all? You're boring." Luhan teased as he returned the jacket.

"Ooh! I'm vegan! That's different!" Zhou Mi piped up.

"Eat some chicken..." the young whispered.

"No way! Poor chickens..." the older looked down at his jacket. "They, and other animals, should be treated better.".

"Alrighty then." Luhan swiftly stepped out of his brother's room and shut the door, a soft 'rude little jerk' being heard from behind the door.

The next room had a label that was scribbled out in pink colored pencil, and now read 'Cousin '. That label was then also scribbled out in light blue pen and read, 'Temporary Kris... the awesome'. The door opened, and Kris sat at his desk, surrounded by papers, in a tuxedo.

"You just look precious." Kris muttered, looking up at Luhan. "Ah, I see Chanyeol's busting out that project again. Ayo, wadup Yeol." Kris looked down at his papers and continued his work.

"What'cha doing there?" Luhan tilted the camera and showed the stack of papers.

"Grading essays at the last minute." Kris explained as he drew a large 'B+' in red marker.

"Cool. So... explain your life. You know what to say..." Luhan and Kris both knew that explanations were not needed.

Kris looked up at the camera and leaned back in his chair. "For those of you who don't know, I am Luhan's cousin. Shocking, I understand. My apartment is drowning in fleas because of the neighbor's dog, so I'm staying here for a little while. I teach young teens in history class, I'm twenty four... I... like animals-",

"What is your favorite animal?" Luhan interrupted.

"I don't know. Pandas?" Kris shrugged.

"Are you kidding me?" the younger shook his head, and accidently the camera.

"They're cute... and awkward. There's no reason, I just like them." the teacher shrugged again and went back to grading papers.

"Such a detailed answer. Well, I can see you're busy, so... bye!" Luhan stepped out of the room and went to a door that read, 'Luhan'.

He set the camera on a shelf and turned it towards himself, his face filling the whole screen for a hilarious second. "So, those were my weird brothers and cousin. To put it short, my mother is like Hangeng, sarcastic, and my father is like Zhou Mi, serious about weird stuff. And so, I hope you enjoyed!" and the camera clicked off.

The class lights flickered back on, and the class gave an unnecessary cheer for Luhan.

"That was perfect. Showed your family in a non theatrical way, just like a documentary. Loved it. Ok... who is next..." Mr. Park looked down at a clipboard for a few short moments.

"I believe I'm next... Mr. Park..." Mina spoke up, a confident smile on her face.