Huit

Where The Lights Are

"Of course, only Mina. Damn, where is she? She couldn't have gotten so far in only a few seconds... could she?".

The only thing on Luhan's mind was the promise he made to Choaya: To make sure Mina gets back to their dorm safely. However, in his tired and grumpy state, he had let Mina skip out the door and into the scary place known as the boys' dorm. It was a sunday, and that meant some of the boys were back from parties in their hungover heads. Luhan had been dealing with them since his first night at the school, and he knew they could get pretty violent... and a little promiscuous as well as curious. He and Donghae had even been mistaken as a couple one night by a group of drunken boys, and Donghae was forced to save his 'girlfriend' from the group. It was traumatizing. As Luhan was about to sprint, he heard an oddly familiar pair of voices calling Mina's name. That's not my imagination is it? He turned a corner to see a confused looking girl and boy looking at a map of the school. Wait a second... The two were frantically looking back and forth from the map to the area around them. Hey... I know you two!

"Uh, hi!" Luhan waved, the girl and boy jumping back in surprise. They turned their heads and saw a dumb looking Luhan waving at them. "I'm Luhan. You're Sehun and Yunaria right?" Luhan started to walk towards the two.

The girl grabbed onto the boy's arm and tugged back wards. "Run Sehun! He knows! He knows!" and just as Luhan was about to ask them what was wrong, the two sprinted away like crazy people.

Yep. That's them. No question. They totally seem like kids from Mina's family.

Luhan shrugged the idea of chasing them pretty quickly, there was still the goal he needed to complete. After running into numerous drunk kids, Luhan eventually found himself at one of the many small cafes around campus. To his relief, he spotted Mina sitting on one of the tables, practicing her writing skills on a note pad. Lowering his head, for no good reason, he attempted to scare Mina, only making it two feet when he heard her say,

"Luhan oppa! I've told you before! I'm not that dumb!" and she slapped the paper and pencil down on the table, the familiar wide grin still on her face.

"Ah, sorry. How'd you know it was me though?" Luhan asked, striding towards her.

She tapped her nose, then the side of his neck. "I can smell your cologne.".

Luhan blushed. "Is it that strong? Sorry. Must be gross then.",

"Oh no no! I like the smell. Like spices and roses... nice, kind smells." she stared at him.

"Anyway, I came by to make sure you got back to your dorm safely. However...",

"What?",

"I might have seen Sehun and Yunaria on my way here..." he bit his tongue.

"Ah, that makes sense. They're visiting the school for this week, cause they're thinking about transferring here. Choaya must've sent 'em out to look for me. Just to be sure though... what did they say? And were their pockets all big and bulging? Like they were stuffed?".

Luhan thought for a moment. "You know what... yeah. They actually were. And when I saw them, they ran away saying something about, 'He knows, he knows.'. You know what that means?",

"Ohhh, I see." Mina hopped down from the table and began walking towards the exit doors with out a word. "That was them." and she nodded, turning to Luhan. "You coming? We gotta find them now." and she waved her arms.


"Crap crap crap!" Sehun hissed. "He saw us!".

"Both of them saw us!" Yunaria added.

"That's not a good thing, !".

What most people didn't know about, and what Mina's 'family' had failed to even notice, was that Sehun and Yunaria were compulsive stealers, or were kleptomaniacs. Their disorder wasn't that bad, in fact, they wouldn't even be normally classified as kleptomaniacs. When the rare urge struck though, they were unstoppable. Only Mina had caught them a couple times stealing, and when she told Heechul, he shrugged it off and then forgot about it six hours later. A couple minutes after getting lost in the boys' dorm, the two found an open door, and in the room attached to the door was a completely passed out Donghae and a floor full of tiny things to steal. The two had been caught mid-stealing, and were then chased for a good five minutes. In the room, they also noticed pictures of Luhan, so when they saw said boy later on, they thought he was out to get them as well. Now, the two were hiding in an empty music room, filled with all the stringed instruments.

"I know it's not a good thing! You're the ." Yunaria muttered.

"How am I a !?" Sehun proceeded to stand up and stomp his foot like a child.

"When we were taking the stuff, you farted, pretty loud too, and it woke up that dude! So, your is dumb." she felt like she was spelling it out for him.

"I couldn't control that!" Sehun slumped down next to his sister.

"You're both idiots. Now will you get your dumb butts off the floor and help me get back to Choaya." Mina shouted at the two, standing in the doorway with Luhan behind her.

"Noona! We found you!" Sehun jumped up and ran to Mina, followed by an equally excited Yunaria.

"Yeah! I knew you weren't hard to find!" the female twin giggled.

"I think Mina was the one that found you two, actually..." Luhan mumbled from behind.

"SHAT!" the twins effortlessly nudged between Luhan and Mina and bolted down the hall.

Luhan stood with his jaw dropped, eyes wide. Mina stood with in a smirk, eyes closed, and head shaking left to right. She swung an arm around Luhan's shoulder and chuckled.

"They stole your stuff." Mina said, still laughing as she looked down the hall.

"They what!?",

"Don't worry. I'll get it back. Just help me get back to Choaya. Please?" Mina looked up at Luhan.

"Only if you say something for me..." he smiled.

Mina thought for a moment, pouting. "Please... oppa?" she was turning on her aegyo, and Luhan was a er for that.

He ruffled her messy hair. "Alrighty then.".