Vingt-Deux

Where The Lights Are

"It's raining though, why don't you have an umbrella?" Kai asked, standing at the exit of the dorms with Mina, both of them staring out the glass window of the door.

"Oh, I do, but Choaya took it. She probably won't be back for another few hours, so for now, I have nothing." Mina huffed, fingers curled around the door handle.

"Alright. Listen, you go through the courtyard, and just keep going straight. When you feel the rain stop, you'll be under the awning, and the entrance should be a foot ahead of you. Luhan and Donghae's room is down the hall, and then you make a left when you hear jazz music playing, because Kibum will probably be blasting it... like the idiot always does. Anyway, keep going straight, and the dorm room is the last door on the right." Kai explained the short cut, being the delinquent he was, he learned the school's secrets whenever he'd cut class.

"Ok... I got this..." Mina gulped, and looked in the taller's direction. "Good job at being nice." she smiled.

"If I could, I'd walk you there myself... but I-",

"You have a date?",

"Well... yeah... and I'm running a bit late..." he rubbed the back of his neck and bit his tongue awkwardly.

"Good luck then! Thank you again oppa!" and with a wink, Mina sprinted straight ahead.

The cold rain almost instantly soaked Mina from head to toe. Her puffy, soft pink dress clumped together by her knees, and the long brown locks of her hair stuck to her back and arms like glue, the shorter pieces sticking to her cheeks. The areas under her eyes were already puffy from crying, and the rain seemed to emphasize the pink of her face. However, her usual, big grin was plastered against her cheeks. The rush of the rain and running seemed to give her a boost of energy. When she suddenly felt the rain halt, she turned her head up, and nodded to the awning she couldn't see. The door slammed open quite loudly, but Mina didn't care, she ran forward, now a determined look on her face. As she was running, she remembered the former bully's words. "You can't just call him, you really have to talk to him in person. Don't let fire or water get in your way, just run there and tell him what you feel. Because Mina... it's quite obvious what you feel.". 

She chuckled, remembering all the moments when she knew she was probably being obvious and stupid, even before she was friends with Luhan. The loud sound of jazz broke her from her thoughts, and she laughed, slapping Kibum's door as she turned the hall and ran. She didn't know if he answered the door or not, and quite honestly, she hoped he did answer just to be freaked out by the empty hall. Soon though, she began to slow down into a gentle walk, holding her palm out and against the wall. When she felt the corner of a wall, she backed up a bit, fingers hovering above the last door knob. Standing straight now, she raised her fist to knock, only to let out a gasp when she heard the door swing open. If this had been a horror movie, it would've been creepy how Luhan pulled Mina into his room, shut the door behind them, and tugged her into a tight embrace. But because Mina was already planning on hugging him before anything, it didn't scare her one bit.

He wrapped his arms around her, both of them meeting behind her back. The normally shorter boy rested his cheek against the top of Mina's head, inhaling and drowning in her strawberry scent. Mina, on the other hand, snuggled into his chest, wishing to dive into him and never return. His warm skin against her cold, wet flesh swarmed her with relief, and she closed her eyes, almost falling asleep like this. She brought her hands around to hug his waist, and gently rested her head on the area between his chest and shoulder.

"I love you..." she mumbled. Saying it was like breathing out for the first time after being under water.

Luhan didn't freeze like he thought he would. He smiled, uncontrollably, and closed his eyes, continuing to rest his cheek on her head. "I love you, I love you so much... you adorable little thing, I love you." he couldn't stop the words from coming out.

"I'm sorry Luhan oppa, I'm so sorry for leaving. I've liked you since the day you asked me why I walk with my hands against the wall. I've loved you for so long, but I accepted the fact that you'd probably never love me back. I've had my feelings ignored and bottled up inside for so long, that when you kissed me... it was just so shocking and wonderful, and I couldn't take in the situation. I'm sorry, I'm sorry..." she went on, muttering and whispering into his shoulder.

"It's ok, it's ok, I'm not mad. If anything, I'm relieved that I didn't scare you away. You have no idea how happy I am that you're here with me now." Luhan smiled with every word.

"Wo ai ni..." Mina suddenly whispered.

"What?",

"You asked if I was learning Chinese a few months ago... I know I'm really bad at it, but I remembered how to say 'I love you'. So... wo ai ni." she looked up at him, smiling her familiar cheery grin.

She didn't give Luhan a chance to say anything back, as she shyly stood on her toes, and pulled Luhan down for a second kiss. Her hands placed themselves at his cheeks, covering his blush. This time though, it wasn't a childish kiss they gave. Luhan instantly accepted that she wouldn't give him a chance to speak, so he quickly molded into the kiss. As Mina's hands fell from his cheeks to the collar of his shirt, Luhan pulled her closer, hands cradling her still soaking puffy cheeks. The two stumbled a bit, getting lost in the intimacy and innocence of the kiss. They ended up with Mina's back against the wall, her arms wrapped securely around his neck. She was still so innocent and pure in Luhan's eyes, and he didn't want to damage that, so he kept the kiss simple. Their lips continued the crash against each other though, the soft flesh of their lips rubbing against each other. As much as she tried to hold back out of her own shyness, Mina let out a little moan, Luhan's heart sparking as she did so. Soon, both of them were messes, the room growing hot, as the summer temperature and their draining innocence filled the room. Yet, both of them knew they couldn't go on any further for that night, it'd be ridiculous.  They slowly pulled away, lips bright pink and slightly puffy.

"Well damn, I wish you would've come here sooner." Luhan muttered.

"Be quiet, you ert." Mina giggled, pecking his lips again, teasing him. "I'm really tired though... can I stay here for the night?" she almost silently asked.

"You think I'd send my girlfriend away on the first night we're together and during the pouring rain!?" he gasped.

"Okay, okay, maybe I am a little dumb sometimes." she covered cutely as she laughed.

Somehow, they ended up completely under the blankets, Mina's frail body curled up against Luhan like a puppy. She gripped at his sleeve, holding his arm like a teddy bear. He kissed her forehead, then her nose, and finally her soft lips, loving the way they were together. She slowly looked up at him, seeing nothing, but even if she could see, it'd be too dark to see his face.

"Hey Luhan... can you sing something for me?" she asked, fingers sliding up to his neck, where she placed them against his throat.

"Geudae naegeman jalhaejwoyo,
Hangsang naegeman useojwoyo,
I said Oou~ Jiltuhage haji mayo Oou~
Jipchakhage haji mayo,
Ajik nan sarangi duryeowoyo,
Ireon naege mideumeul jwobwayo,
I said Oou~ Jiltuhage haji mayo Oou~
Jipchakhage haji mayo,
I Love You,
I Love You,".

She soon fell asleep, to the vibration on her fingers, to his voice in her ears. They both fell asleep, wrapped up in each other, truly happy.