Six

Where The Lights Are

 

"Luhaaaaan!" Mina exclaimed as she ran down the snack isle of the grocery store.

Luhan's eyes were mimicking a deer's in headlights, and he quickly had to drop his attention of everything else just to catch the giggling mess of a girl. "Mina! You ok?" he chuckled.

"Wow! Unnie said she saw you up the isle, then I heard you talking. Hee hee, I didn't know you shop here as well!" her eyes were bright and hyper.

"Sorry Luhan." Choaya made a slight bow as she pushed a shopping cart full of food towards the two. "She recently ate some sugar candy, and well... Mina easily gets on sugar highs." she nervously laughed. "It gets pretty embarrassing.".

"Oh, no, it's totally fine." Luhan looked back down at the giggling girl, only then realising that he was holding her rather romantically. He instantly let go and awkwardly straightened his shirt.

"Hey, Luhan! I think I left something at your dorm that night a couple weeks ago. I hope I'm not too much of a burden, but... could you take me to your house and just let me get it? Wow... that sounded way less awkward in my head." Mina bit her lip and looked at her feet.

"Sure! Is that ok, Noona?" Luhan looked at Choaya.

"Totally fine. It's a saturday, so make sure she stays safe. God knows what would happen if she attempted to walk back to the girls dorm by herself." and with that, Choaya waved at the two and continued her shopping.


After a few minutes of quick shopping, Luhan returned to his dorm with Mina. He lead her down the long hallway, her eyes flickering all over the place, even though all she saw was darkness. Oh no, I swear, if Donghae's in there making out with some girl on my bed, I'm gonna be pissed. Luhan hesitantly unlocked the door, being greeted with total silence and emptiness. Luhan muttered a soft, thank you, before leading Mina inside and shutting the door behind himself. When he turned around, Mina was standing at the center of the small room, her head whipping around as if she was surveying the room, like Luhan usually did. Her eyes seemed glassy, and her jaw was slightly dropped.

"So... uhm... what is it that you left here?" Luhan asked, breaking the ice cold silence.

"A ribbon!" Mina suddenly snapped back to reality. "I had a ribbon in my hair that day, and I remember taking it out and putting it on some flat surface. I think it was a desk.".

And suddenly, Luhan had a flashback.

"The hell is this?" Luhan stared down at the thick, red ribbon. "Yo, Donghae! Did one of your girls leave this?" he held up the fabric.

Donghae looked up from his laptop and shook his head. "No... dude, what the eff? Why do we have some random ribbon?" Donghae pulled out his earbuds.

Luhan pouted and shrugged. And, like the odd kid he was, Luhan began tying the long ribbon into a series of knots. Ever since he (and Mina, but he didn't know that) was young, Luhan had a strange obsession of putting string into knots. He didn't know why, but it calmed him. So, he sat down that night and knotted the ribbon until it was a neat little ball.

Luhan stuffed his hands into his pockets. He quietly kicked the ground. Well, damn. Sorry Mina. He looked to his left and saw the ball sitting on his nightstand. Crap...

"I uh, I haven't seen a ribbon in the past few weeks. Maybe you took it with you and forgot about it..." Luhan lied, coughing at the end.

"That sounds like something I would do..." Mina tapped her bottom lip with her finger. "I'm a dummy sometimes." and she stared at the cieling.

"We all do stupid things once in a while." Luhan sat on his bed and stared at Mina. She's almost too cute.

Mina placed her palm against her lips and yawned. "Sugar high... it's wearing off..." and she sleepily rubbed her eye.

"Here, want me to take you home?" Luhan stood up and grabbed her arm.

"Luhannie... I don't think I can..." yawn. "I don't think I can walk that far." yawn.

"But it's not really that far." Luhan steadied her. "What kind of weird candy did you eat?" he questioned.

"Luuuuuhannnnnn. Stop with the questions." Mina whinned.

She tripped over her own feet and collapsed on Luhan's bed. Her body hit the matress like a rock, and just as Luhan was about to lunge forward and shake her back to life, he recieved another flash back.

"She's been studying really hard lately. Poor thing got back to our dorm and fainted as soon as she stepped inside last night. I fear she may be over stressing herself, what with all the tests coming up. I hope she doesn't get a fever." Choaya shyly confessed to Luhan a few lunch periods ago. After Mina had fallen asleep with a chip still in , Choaya was forced to explain.

"Mina..." Luhan leaned down and touched the side of her temple, and it was perfectly fine. "You scared me there." he sighed.

He gently nudged the blankets over her, and softly moved the stray strands of hair away from her eyes and nose. He found himself smiling like an idiot at this strange girl. He awkwardly climbed into Donghae's top bunk, and started to drift off into sleep.

"I've always liked people with flaws." Luhan stared at the sky one friday afternoon as Mina listened quietly. "They're very attractive to me. Especially if it's a funny flaw that they can't control. Or a cute one.".

No, Luhan was not in love with Mina.

No, Mina was not in love with Luhan.

Yes, Luhan's heart grew a bit warmer that night.