Douze

Where The Lights Are

Mina didn't attend any of her classes the day she was supposed to return to school. Luhan and Kibum were anxiously glancing around during the classes they had with her, and their emotions always sunk by the time they knew she wouldn't show up for class that day. They attempted asking Choaya, but she was far too distracted with god knows what, which sparked Luhan and Kibum's curiosity for her as well.

"Noona. What's wrong with you?" Kibum asked, taking a seat by her at lunch.

"It's nothing." Choaya said after reading the boy's lips. She let out a heavy sigh.

"Is it about Mina?" Luhan pressed further.

"I said leave it." she mumbled into her noodles.

"Is it about some dude." the deer poked at his rice, glancing up when Choaya froze.

"I don't wanna talk about it." she shoved more noodles in .

"It all makes sense now. Come on, tell us what's going on." Kibum looked into Choaya's frustrated eyes.

"Lets say a jealous old girlfriend screwed some things up, and my predictions were true." Choaya angrily slurped her noodles.

She was referring to the fact that one of Kris's old girlfriends had dug up Choaya and Kris's relationship information, and had contacted the police. In the end, the girl was put in jail for violating Kris's privacy (stalking him, stealing from him, etc.), and Kris was forced to pay a rather large fine for once being in a relationship with a minor (Choaya). It was exactly what Choaya feared was going to happen, and she had been drowning in guilt for the past few days. Her boyfriend had attempted to reason with her, but she still felt awful.

After school, Luhan skipped over to the girls' dorm, determined to see Mina and find out why she wasn't at school (and maybe even find out what was bugging Choaya, if Mina knew and she would tell Luhan). It took him a couple asks and one bathroom break, but he eventually found the odd sisters' dorm room, where just as he was about to knock on the door, he heard his room mate's voice. His fist still raised in the air, Luhan pressed his ear against the door.

"Donghae oppa... I'm sorry!" he could hear Mina's tear stained voice. It sounded like she was drowning.

"If that's all you called me here for-" Donghae muttered, being cut off by Mina's saddened voice.

"D-Donghae, I don't want you to hate me..." she whinned.

"I don't know what to think. God damn Mina, you thought I was joking at first!" Donghae shouted, a faint wimper being heard from the sightless girl.

"I can't see your face! How am I supposed to know if you're smiling because of a joke or frowning because of a confession!?" Mina yelled.

"I just... how could you not have known? I gave you flowers, I entertained you with games when Luhan was sleeping, I held onto your hands when there was a thunder storm! I mean, I even kissed your head one day and you just laughed at me like I had told the funniest joke!",

"I considered you a friend during all of that! I thought you were being kind and playful! Nobody has ever flirted with me, or even kissed me before! I've been told every one has a different way of showing love, and I don't know how you show love. Hell, Donghae... you come back to your dorm with a different drunk girl almost every night! Am I just another challenge for you?" Mina growled out every word, Luhan shocked to actually hear her angry.

"Of course not! Why would I abuse your emotions like that!?" the angered man spat.

"Because you're abusing them right now, and you abuse them on other girls! You just show up at my dorm this morning, totally random, and suddenly tell me a jaw dropping thing? I didn't go to school because the guilt and pain was eating away at me!  Please Donghae, I don't wanna be a villain, and I don't wanna loose a friend!" she stomped her foot.

Luhan couldn't see it, but Mina rushed up and hugged Donghae. His arms stayed by his side, he didn't even look down at her. She buried her face in his shoulder, crying her eyes out. Luhan suddenly got the message to hide, for as soon as he leapt behind a corner, the door opened and Donghae stormed out. Mina didn't even bother to close the door, and suddenly, she shouted,

"I know you're there, Luhan.".

He tensed up, gripped his backpack tighter. Carefully, he tip-toed into Mina's dorm room and closed the door, seeing a disheveled mess crumpled up on the floor like a piece of paper. He instantly dropped to his feet and pulled Mina into his arms, resting his chin on her head as she snuggled into him more. Ever so slightly, he felt her smile.

"How are you smiling?" he asked, nudging her back enough to see her face, and sure enough, she had a tiny smile between her puffy cheeks.

"I'm just imagining him with a girl. They're having a picnic, talking, dancing, kissing... and he's totally forgotten about the dumb blind girl from high school. He's moved on, and I'm happy for him. I want that to come true." she grabbed onto his shoulders and rested her head against his neck. "Can you make sure that happens, Luhan? Can you make sure Donghae's ok?" she whispered.

Luhan nodded, her hair.

"Then go, get! Get out of here" she pushed him away, getting a gasp from her actions. "Find him and make sure he doesn't kill anybody." she slapped his arm.

"What about you?" Luhan asked, concerned, hoping she'd ask to be held or at least for him to sing for her.

"I'm fine, and I want him to be fine, but I can't be the one to tell him everythings gonna be ok. You go tell him, ok?" she eye smiled.

"I will. But I feel bad... I don't wanna leave you here alone..." Luhan mentally crossed his fingers and wished that Mina would let him stay.

"Oppa! I said no, and Choaya's been grumpy lately, so she won't want any more company than she already has." Mina said, pointing to herself.

Oh come on! "Alright alright. See you tomorrow, then?" Luhan stood up, walking to the door and opening it.

"See you!" she cheerfully waved.

How can her moods swing so quickly? Maybe she's faking it so I won't be concerned. Gosh, I hope not.


It didn't take long for Luhan to find his friend. He simply went to a local bar, and found him. Whenever Luhan pulled out his fake ID, a pang of fear shot through him, but he only had the slip of plastic so he could follow the trouble maker Donghae around for fun on weekend nights. As soon as he stepped in the wooden building, he instantly saw the muscular boy with puffy brown hair sitting at the bar, drinking two shot glasses at once, surrounded by six more.

"You're drunk." Luhan sighed as he took a seat next to his love sick friend.

"I told her my... everything." Donghae cried, accidently spilling a few of his drinks.

"Yeah yeah, you're a big boy though. You can handle this." Luhan slapped his friend's back.

"I'm just like a cry baby! She said that about me!... didn't she...?" Donghae exclaimed, hurling in the seat next to him.

"No. She cried, and told me to tell you that everything's gonna be ok." Luhan hated lies. "She wanted me to lie and say that I wanted to tell you that. However, in the first place, it was she who said that. In the end, I agree with her. Everything will be perfectly fine, you dumb fish." the deer yanked his fish-like friend out of the bar and into the streets, the two walking back to their dorms in silence.