Vingt-Trois

Where The Lights Are

Despite having a perfectly intact memory, Mina experiences her moments of forgetfulness every now and then. For when she woke up to arms wrapped around her waist and her head snuggled against a neck, she froze, and panicked. The frozen part didn't last long though, for she instantly sat forward, legs getting ready to swing over the side of the bed, before she heard a little angry mumble. She turned around to hear Luhan rubbing his eyes in confusion, and she let out a sigh, falling backwards and hitting the pillow.

"What's wrong?" he groggily asked.

"Ah, nothing too big of a deal. I forgot why I was being hugged." Mina answered, attempting to giggle, only to feel swell up a bit and hurt to swallow. She touched her neck, and it suddenly dawned on her that what she had just said had come out as extremely scratchy.

"Are you ok Mina? Wait..." Luhan trailed off, noticing his voice sounding similar.

The shorter turned to face her love. "I ran here without an umbrella, and I never changed into something dry... I think I got us sick. Oh, I'm sorry!" she cried out with a guilty smile.

Luhan himself gave a heavily sickened laugh. "It's not your fault. Darn though, I wanted to treat you to a nice first date.",

"Well, we can just take care of each other today." Mina shrugged.

"I see no harm in that." he nodded, quickly kissing her cheek. "Stay here, I'll make us some soup." he said, already standing.

"Oh... I wanna help... but knowing me, I'll walk into a wall and drop it." she grinned.


"That, my friend, is complete bull." Jiminel rolled her eyes.

"You're insane." Zhou Mi shook his head, groaning.

"How? That dress looks like it was sewn by Mina, I mean seriously." the older girl slapped her thigh.

"But that's the beauty of it! It looks ragged yet fresh, very in style." the Chinese man pointed. "Trust me. I know you're my noona, and I respect you, but I'm majoring in fashion, I know what I'm talking about.".

"I took the same class, moron! It was two teachers, Mr. Zhang and Ms. Kim, and they still teach. Trust me, I've been to the exact same class!",

"Oh, we just call them Yixing and Chanmi." Zhou Mi thought for a moment.

"They let you call them by their first names?" Jiminel's jaw dropped.

"Yeah...",

"Those favorite picking a-holes." she grumbled.

"So... what'cha talkin' about?" Sehun asked, poking his head in through the open door.

"Noona thinks this dress is ugly, but I mean... come on! It's perfect." Zhou Mi answered.

"You're blind. Totally Mina. That dress is like torture to look at." Jiminel hissed, throwing the magazine Zhou Mi was holding up across the room.

"Yeah, ok, you two have fun with that, but can I ask a question?" the young boy pouted.

"Sure. What's up?" the eldest said.

"So... are you two... like..." Sehun made two kissing symbols with his fingers.

"Oh god no!" Zhou Mi hollared.

"Poor poor Sehun. You have the total wrong idea." Jiminel shook her head.

"Well, I mean, a lot of romance has been happening between the two families! First it was Choaya noona and Kris hyung, then it was Heechullio and Hangeng hyung, now it's Y noona and Donghae hyung (even though he's not part of that family, close enough), and we all know Mina and Luhan are gonna get together. So... every one is kinda betting on when we're gonna catch you two making out." the youngest of the 'odd' family explained, playing with his fingers the whole time.

"Ok, I'm gonna ignore the fact that you said 'Heechullio', but Sehun, if you guys are making bets, why would you tell us?" Jiminel sighed.

"Because... I bet it would happen today, and I was kinda expecting you to kiss him to make a point. But I can see that's not gonna happen." the cold faced boy huffed.

"Oh you sad child." the diva man mumbled.

"Here Sehun, because I feel bad for you." she bit her lip, looking at Zhou Mi and nodding, before she harshly tugged him down and kissed his cheek. He couldn't contain his laughter though.

Sehun's eyes instantly glowed. "YUNARIA! HYEJEONG! HANGENG! GIMME MY MONEY, ES!" Sehun screamed, running down the hall. "I JUST MADE TWO HUNDRED BUCKS! WOOHOO!".

"I can only imagine how weird that looked." Jiminel muttered, crossing her tiny arms. Her eyes narrowed when she saw Zhou Mi's face buried in his hands. "The hell are you laughin' at!?",

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, it's just that... it felt like a kiss from a hairless puppy." the taller laughed. "You're so tiny!".

"YOU BASTARD." Jiminel's cheeks rose up in laughter. "Well shave your face you dog!" she yelled. "You're no flower boy!".



I promise, next chapter will be all Mina and Luhan FLURF. I just really wanted to show you what happened between Zhou Mi and Jiminel. I hope you haven't forgotten about Minseok and Sungmin! Yes, they'll be coming up quite soon...