Trente-Cinq

Where The Lights Are

Choaya could already imagine the many stereotypical things that Luhan would do. She could imagine him rushing to the airport and meeting Mina just as she was boarding her flight. She could see him spin her around and pull her into a sweet kiss, and the crowd would stare in awe. Or, she could imagine Luhan drowning in his own depression and loneliness. He would stay single until the day many years later, when he runs into his first love, and they live happily ever after. Or maybe Luhan turns into a successful business man, and his teenage sweet heart starts working under his company. Yes, she could already picture the cheesey things Luhan and Mina would go through if they were ever reunited.

However, Luhan had different plans...


"Ah, I'm sorry mame, but I'm afraid our policy doesn't cover that." Luhan sighed into his desk phone, shooting himself in the ear with a finger gun as his friend in the next cubicle laughed. "Mame, please, there is no reason to shout." the deer faced man sighed once more, as he gave his friend an icy stare. "Mame, I do not see why you need to take your anger on your husband out on me. If you want to continue this, I am going to connect you to first time customer help for easier instructions. All right, you have a wonderful afternoon." and with that, Luhan dialed the number to reconnect the woman, and hung up.

"Insane? Or just angry?" his friend asked, leaning his elbows on the divider.

"Both." he chuckled. "Now though, I am free for the afternoon!" Luhan quietly announced as he packed his things into his messenger bag.

"You're lucky, you know that?" his friend said, who unfortunately, works at the office full time.

"Why yes, I do know that. Anyway, see you tomorrow Hyung.",

"Later." the older waved his friend off.

Luhan had been more than ecstatic with his careers. He worked part-time at an insurance company office, and part time at the local library. He stocked books, he helped customers, he wrote reviews for the library's magazine, it was heaven for him. He liked the alone time of stocking books, he liked being social when he helped customers, and he loved writing more than anything. While the office job was quite boring, it paid the bills and let Luhan live a quite comfortable life, and working at the library was an added bonus.

In the years after Mina left, Luhan had taken her advice beyond what others thought. He mourned the loss of his first true love, but they were teenagers, and he knew that many other relationships were to come. Life isn't fan fiction, he'd always remind himself, nothing is perfect. He finished high school, he finished college, and he was quite the ladies man during his college years. He dated girls who, at the time, he couldn't live with out, but that's what being in love is, and there are many times in one's life where they fall in love. He even dated a girl who he risked his life for (long story for another time), and they lived happily ever after for another five years, but things weren't meant to be after a while. Both had accepted this, and it had been like this for all of Luhan's healthy relationships.

So here he was, thirty-three and living life as he wanted. His last girlfriend and him had split apart five months ago, yet both were perfectly happy. There were times that Luhan thought about the silly blind girl from his late teen years, and he would often brag to his friends after a few shots of alcohol, "Hey... I once dated a blind chick. Top that!", and they would all laugh, and continue to get drunk.

Donghae and Kibum had tried their luck, and they both ended up in the entertainment industry. Donghae was put with another ambitious young man named Hyukjae, and the two had been called 'EunHae', Korea's beloved singing and dancing boys. Their friendship was extremely close after a while, which Luhan would often tease them about. Kibum had landed in a small, indie movie. He was later discovered, and boom, he's being casted in big budget films left and right.

Kris continued to teach, and he still does, while Choaya became a teacher herself, but to the other deaf, blind, etc. kids in the high school. They had never split, and Luhan had recently received an awkward invitation from his cousin to their wedding. Zhou Mi and Jiminel remained strictly friends, and both had traveled to America to compete in the show 'Project Runway'. Zhou Mi had won his season, and Jiminel had won second place to him, which he would often gloat to her about. Heechul (along with Hangeng) continued his foster care home, while Hyejeong and Ryeowook had decided to stay and care for the new kids with him, the twins and the child-like brothers had moved out and started their own lives. Sehun and Yunaria had both decided to also take the entertainment industry road, and last Luhan had heard, they were trainees. Minseok and Sungmin also lived on their own, yet they stuck together, and both made a small but decent living in the various jobs they had over the years.

Everyone has grown up, and they all have their own lives, and Luhan was more than content.


Luhan stood still to fix his tie for a moment, before he quickly went back to sorting the books. Of course, as it was a public library, the books would often be strewn about in random places, and Luhan had been assigned to reorganize them that day. He was in the middle of carefully stuffing a novel back in it's place, when a small but firm hand tapped him on the shoulder. He turned to see a young girl, somewhere around 12. It's odd though, because although her hair is long and straight, her smile and the way she stands so shyly is much like Mina.

"Excuse me sir," the girl bowed, "but do you know where the science fiction novels are?" she asked, her hands behind her back.

Luhan smiled, nodding. He bent down at bit to get to her level. "You take a left down that row, row 4, and then you go straight. You should run into a whole town of sci-fi." he grinned, standing straight again.

The girl nodded and bowed deeply again. "Thank you sir!" she quickly turned and waved her arm. "Kangin! They're over here." she harshly whispered.

Luhan then saw a young boy about the same age as the girl speed walk down the row. When he caught up to the girl, both begin walking in the area Luhan had directed them to.

"Okay okay, you were right, I was wrong! Happy princess?" the boy smirked.

"Hey! That's Princess Seolhyun to you!" the girl growled, but giggled nonetheless.

And that's when Luhan's heart froze for a second. As he was distracted and grinning to himself, a little figure of curly brown hair dashed past him, and in the direction of the two kids. Luhan's eyes were wide. He was already in disbelief at how much the little girl sounded like Mina, but then a bunch of hair that looked like Mina's runs by.

No... there's no way.

Just to be safe, Luhan awkwardly abandoned his work for only a moment as he peaks around the corner. He sees the two children talking to the person from before, who's back is turned. However, the little girl, Seolhyun, notices Luhan, and she tips her chin up to notify her friends. The boy, Kangin, looks too, and the other girl turns her head. Luhan is in shock over how much the second girl looks like Mina, and as he's about to call her name, when the boy puts one hand on Seolhyun's shoulder, and another hand on the Mina-look-alike's shoulder.

"Seolhyun, Suki, let's go." Kangin mumbles, and that's when Luhan's eyes drop closed a bit, and he smiles to himself.

Wow, I'm insane...



I'm sorry, I had to get my friend in on this. I have a friend named Suki, and I decided to give her a slight cameo. I really hate doing this, but hey, why not. It's weird though, because Suki is a lot like Mina, but she's not Korean. They both have long curly brown hair, they're both happy-go-lucky, you get it.

Anyway, yeah, the diary entry from last chapter was by Seolhyun.

This chapter's kind of boring though, I'm sorry. Sadly though, this is the third to last chapter. Only two more to go, and one's an epilogue.