Dix-Neuf

Where The Lights Are

"Are you kidding?".

"Sadly, I'm not" Heechul muttered, hissing at the ocean ahead and through the glass of a window.

"But Heechul oppa, we can survive the night! I'm tough!" Mina held her arms up and flashed her nonexistent muscles.

"Yeah yeah, we can just not go outside for the night." Luhan suggested.

"Come on babe, it's just a minor storm." the eldest Chinese brother mumbled, rubbing his lover's wrist.

The forgetful man sighed, closing his eyes and shaking his head. When he glanced up, the entire group was starring at him. He lifted his arms in defeat. "Fine. We'll stay." and that sent cheers through the others.


Choaya lay on her back, her frail body sinking into the plush bed. Not even a moment later, she felt the room vibrate, and that 'vibration' had come to be thunder in her mind. She huffed, puffing out her cheeks, and turned her head to the left, where Kris was attempting to fix the television that had broken once the thunder caused it to fall off of it's place on a stand.

"Do you need any help?" she asked rather loudly.

"No, I'm fine." he said as he reconnected the plugs.

"KRIS!" she shouted, gaining his attention.

As his back was turned to her, she wouldn't be able to read his lips and understand his response. However... she had heard a sound.

"What?" he turned to her, eyes widening in curiosity when he saw her eyes bulging out of her head.

Choaya heard a blurry 'wrrt' from Kris.

"Holy crap... Kris, say something!" she shot from her spot and quickly crawled over to look at him closer.

"Uhm... I love you." his eyes shifted left and right.

Choaya's eyes instantly brightened, as she had heard a word, 'love'. "Did I ever tell you that I wasn't born deaf?", Kris shook his head from side to side. "Well, my sister and I were playing a game one day, I was five, and she was six. At one point, she slapped both of my ears so that I would stop making my doll do karate. The doctors said that they didn't know when I'd gain my hearing back." As she was speaking, Kris couldn't help but notice that she sounded... normal." And Kris... I heard you." a few small tears dropped from her eyes, landing on the bed sheets below her.

"You heard me?" he leaned his arms on the footboard.

"I heard that as well." she laughed, voice obviously tear stained.

"Oh my god..." he grinned from ear to ear, and quickly hauled her up and into the air, where he spun her around like a prince would do to a princess.


Y awkwardly stood on the front steps of a small, older looking home. Raindrops were harshly hitting the crimson umbrella above her head, and she nervously glanced around for the few moments after she rang the house's doorbell. A bored looking Donghae answered, eyes narrowing and mouth hanging open as soon as he saw Y.

"Uhm... Y, right?" he pointed at her.

She simply nodded, adding a small smile, before holding out an envelope. The fish-like boy cautiously took the object, and gently ripped it open, a note falling into his hands.

Dear Donghae oppa!,
       This is Mina here! I sent Y this email, and told her to print and give it to you. Anyway, there's a storm coming along soon, and I heard it's worst in the city, so I have invited you to stay the night at my house with my family. I know it might be a bit awkward, but the house is pretty strong, and you told me your house was falling apart. I just want you to be safe, so please consider it! I'll give you cookies when I get home!
-Kwon Mina

Scribbled near the bottom, was a note from Y written in blue pen.

Just come over. Your brother as well. We won't bother you much, I promise, but Mina insisted that I give this option to you.

Donghae looked down at the girl, who was still standing there, but her smile was replaced with an awkward grin.

"If Mina really wants me to come over... aish, this house won't stand a chance." he turned around, "Yah! Donghwa! Pack your bags, we're goin' to Mina's." he turned back to Y, and because she was older than him, and for her kindness, he bowed 90 degrees. "Thank you." and she smiled a toothy, adorable smile.


"Damn, damn, damn, damn, DAMN IT!" Zhou Mi roared, eyes glued to his computer screen.

Sadly for him, the project he had pulled two 'all-nighter''s for was due in another week. He was exhausted, and furious for overworking himself for no reason. After into a pillow for ten minutes straight, he suddenly heard a knock. He took nearly a full minute to walk to the door, and he soon heard another, more furious knocking and a high pitched groan. He opened the door to the smallest girl he'd ever seen in person. Of course, he'd seen tiny people in pictures, but never someone this small in real life. She tapped her foot, sighing when he finally answered.

"Gosh, you should respect your elders and walk faster! Anyway, your brother's friend, Mina, has invited you to our house, since theres a storm, and blah blah, I didn't read all of the email. So, come on." she waved her arm, already turning around and walking to her car.

"Wait! I'm not just gonna go with you to your house. Hell, I don't even know who you are!" the boney man yelled, gripping the door frame.

"My name's Jiminel." she turned to look at him, and smirked. "Grab your coat, let's go pretty boy, before the storm blows you to Philadelphia.", and for some reason that Zhou Mi couldn't explain, he took his jacket from the coat rack, and followed her.


"I hate storms." Heechul muttered through his teeth, arms crossed and eyes trained at the wall.

"I know." Hangeng mumbled.

"I hate storms.".

"Babe, you've been saying that for ten minutes." the younger complained.

"Hannie, make the storm go away..." Heechul moaned, resting his head on the other's lap.

"You know I ca- Wait. What did you call me?",

"Hannie... why?",

"You didn't take your pills...",

Heechul sat up and tugged a bit at his orange hair. "Okay, I'm not dreaming." he shook his head, curls bouncing and flailing.

"Heechul... holy-" the curse Hangeng would've whispered was cut off with Heechul's soft lips against his own.

When the older pulled away, he sighed, and chuckled. "I'm definitely not dreaming.".


Luhan was like a child at some times, and Mina was like a clueless dog. While she sat happily on the bed with her legs crossed, Luhan had the blankets wrapped around his body, with only his face peaking out. With every strike of lightning, he shook a little more violently, and Mina giggled a little more loudly. When she finally drew her attention away from the comedy show playing on the television, Mina's emotion totally changed as she noticed Luhan in a state of terror. She almost threw herself to him, wrapping her arms around the thick blankets that surrounded the boy. Luhan froze under her, noticing her face was mere centimeters away from his.

"When I get scared of things, Choaya unnie will hug me until I don't feel cold and alone anymore." she explained, eye smiling.

Luhan couldn't say anything, he simply couldn't.

"Ah, Luhan... you stopped shaking." she looked towards him, into his eyes. "Is this really helping?".

The deer only nodded, their faces were close, her warm breath hovering against his lips. Now, go go go! Kiss her, kiss her you moron! And before Luhan could even begin to move forward, several shouts were heard through the halls.

"HOLY , I REMEMBERED HANNIE!",

" THAT, I HEARD KRIS!",

"I. REMEMBERED. HANGENG. SHUT UP CHOAYA.",

"BOTH OF YOU, SHUT THE HELL UP! MY EARS ARE GONNA START BLEEDING!",

"OH MY GOD, HEECHUL WE GET IT. COME BACK TO OUR ROOM!",

"I CAN HEAR ALL OF THIS!",

So close!



If you like horror and ghosts, read my new fic! A Reasonless Grudge.